Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sopdet

"Ancient" Infested weapons

Recommended Posts

I don't know if this has been discussed before, but maybe its about time we got some enhanced variants of existing infested weapons. One idea I had is that these variants could be called "Ancient" infested weapons. 
For example with an "Ancient Mutalist Cernos"
      Despite being a relatively new strain of infestation. Alad V's Mutalist strain has the capability to adapt, and coincide with material, not easily infected by the first generation technocyte strain (though first generation is loosely used here, due to the many eons that the virus has existed and potentially adapted to the origin system's unforgiving environments).
Naturally, through further Corpus meddling and experimentation, a new variant of infested technology has been developed. An amalgam of old and new; the former being flesh from ancient infested, forced to create a symbiotic relationship with the new Mutalist strain to increase the overall effectiveness of infested weaponry.

     The hypothesis behind these technologies stem from pre-Orokin research about Epigenetics; whereas it is believed that stressful situations can cause permanent (often times negative) changes to DNA. Thus, resulting in genes that are passed down generation to generation. A similar concept applies here (But its kind of the opposite), where Ancient Infested are the oldest of their kin, and have naturally been through many harsh environments and dangerous situations to have survived this long; growing in strength and durability through the scars they bare. Such that, they are a prime candidate for corpus experimentation... For profit of course!

So introducing Ancient Mutalist Cernos
Gimmie increased damage, crits, and status chance please.

   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

we have already 4 or 5 verions of cernos, why you would want more instead a new bow? what's the point?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we get a special variant to infested weapons in the line of Wraith and Vandal, I would see some of the underrated weapons firsts, such as the Mire, Torid, Embolyst or Phage.

And it would be nice to get something more intersting than pure stat boosts like most of weapons variants are, something like innate lifesteal, gas/viral proc on headshot or something else, actually something unique than make the weapon special.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, xHeretic said:

we have already 4 or 5 verions of cernos, why you would want more instead a new bow? what's the point?

The point is we don't have better versions of infested weapons.  Maybe the mutalist cernos was a bad example (for you) but how about an "ancient" phage.  Or an "ancient" scoliac.  Pick an infested weapon that you use and then use your imagination to think of a better version of it.  Doesn't sound so pointless does it?

And yes OP, this is something people like me have been wanting for many years.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, (PS4)Agent_CHAR said:

The point is we don't have better versions of infested weapons.  Maybe the mutalist cernos was a bad example (for you) but how about an "ancient" phage.  Or an "ancient" scoliac.  Pick an infested weapon that you use and then use your imagination to think of a better version of it.  Doesn't sound so pointless does it?

And yes OP, this is something people like me have been wanting for many years.

 

They can be pretty underwhelming, especially that mutalist cernos (With a riven!) It would be nice to have stronger varients. Heck I remember back in the day i used to run Dual ichor, and it was really fun spinning around as valkyr. But times change as better weapons were discovered, and the ichors were discarded. Scoliac though... Pretty 👌 with or without a riven.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, Ancient Mutalist Cernos Prime ... a weapon from that era.

EDIT: And maybe Helminth can make a given Prime weapon into an Ancient Mutalist version? We can collect Toxic Ancient Healer, Ancient Disruptor, Ancient Healer and Corrupted Ancient Healer DNA to give to Helminth to infect the prime weapon!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That would be a pretty neat method to make it into a better variant. Infecting primed versions of weapons to produce a better infested wep. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sopdet said:

That would be a pretty neat method to make it into a better variant. Infecting primed versions of weapons to produce a better infested wep. 

Yeah maybe different DNA from different Ancients can allow us to tweak a prime weapon much like the modular stuff we have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

oh man, now you're getting into the "lets put a plains on Eris" level.

Based on the number of ancients out there which i think is like 3. Unless you count brood mother, boiler, and juggernaut, DE might need to make new enemy variants to account for maybe more mod parts that represent their respective ancient. That would be a pretty cool thing, and give the people better infested weps... With options.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Sopdet said:

oh man, now you're getting into the "lets put a plains on Eris" level.

Based on the number of ancients out there which i think is like 3. Unless you count brood mother, boiler, and juggernaut, DE might need to make new enemy variants to account for maybe more mod parts that represent their respective ancient. That would be a pretty cool thing, and give the people better infested weps... With options.   

Well, you have a really cool idea about the Ancients and adaptation over the past millennia.

I was just thinking of a use for Helminth!

Speaking of which, did you know Alad V sold conduit technology to infested on Ur? I'm surprised Alad V could broker a deal with the Infested.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

maybe he was just dumping his garbage cause he wants nothing to do with sentient tech. haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sopdet said:

I don't know if this has been discussed before, but maybe its about time we got some enhanced variants of existing infested weapons. One idea I had is that these variants could be called "Ancient" infested weapons. 
For example with an "Ancient Mutalist Cernos"
      Despite being a relatively new strain of infestation. Alad V's Mutalist strain has the capability to adapt, and coincide with material, not easily infected by the first generation technocyte strain (though first generation is loosely used here, due to the many eons that the virus has existed and potentially adapted to the origin system's unforgiving environments).
Naturally, through further Corpus meddling and experimentation, a new variant of infested technology has been developed. An amalgam of old and new; the former being flesh from ancient infested, forced to create a symbiotic relationship with the new Mutalist strain to increase the overall effectiveness of infested weaponry.

     The hypothesis behind these technologies stem from pre-Orokin research about Epigenetics; whereas it is believed that stressful situations can cause permanent (often times negative) changes to DNA. Thus, resulting in genes that are passed down generation to generation. A similar concept applies here (But its kind of the opposite), where Ancient Infested are the oldest of their kin, and have naturally been through many harsh environments and dangerous situations to have survived this long; growing in strength and durability through the scars they bare. Such that, they are a prime candidate for corpus experimentation... For profit of course!

So introducing Ancient Mutalist Cernos
Gimmie increased damage, crits, and status chance please.

   

So, make them Prime weapons but call them Ancient, gotcha, will stary working on making these after breakfast

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had considered something similar, but figured that "Evolving" would be a better term.

I wanted a "Prime" version for infestation...but not even just the infested weapons we have, but new ones that were still deemed "Evolving." Unlike Primes, their emphasis wasn't going to be focused on increased polarities...but a percentage of the damage would be called "Adaptive" and change depending upon the targets you are engaging most. Kill enough Grineer and the adaptive damage becomes corrosive to eat through their armor. If you switch to Corpus, however, that adaptive damage will eventually become magnetic or toxic. Fight against Sentient...and that adaptive damage will ultimately become void damage by the weapon siphoning void energy from the Operator.

That was my thought on it...weapons that constantly evolve, slightly, depending on what you're up against.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like some Infested Version / Mutalist are basically the Prime/Vandel/Wraith Variant
Maybe add Second Names for easy searching ?
eg. Lesion / Mutalist Tipedo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, lukinu_u said:

If we get a special variant to infested weapons in the line of Wraith and Vandal, I would see some of the underrated weapons firsts, such as the Mire, Torid, Embolyst or Phage.

And it would be nice to get something more intersting than pure stat boosts like most of weapons variants are, something like innate lifesteal, gas/viral proc on headshot or something else, actually something unique than make the weapon special.

This.  Lesion is a nice blueprint.  And Hema to a lesser extent.  It should still see a small stat boost in some way, like RoF, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like it if instead of grinding an event, we could get these weapons by "upgrading" our existing Infested weapons in the Helminth room: throw in that Tysis you never use, along with some resources, let it cook for a little while and boom: you get a better-looking, much better performing Tysis with a cool Prefix; "Helminth Tysis" has a nice ring to it IMO.this could be done with all infested weapons, and would also give our boy Helminth something to do other than popping zits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...