Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ExplosiveBolts

Why in the absolute #*!% is Nightwave punishing you for playing the game?

12 hours ago, ExplosiveBolts said:

How in the #*!% is this okay or """fun""" for anyone?

It's fun to see these kinda threads from people still complaining about the nw missions because they're not prepared.

This is not the first time the ayatan sculptures mission popped up. We had that since season 1 and intermission (a couple of times each), which was months ago. You had months to grab more and be prepared for it. Yet, you're still making up excuses. 

And it's not like it's hard to get sculptures nowadays anyway.

I made a minor mistake that won't affect me in the long run. DE plz rework an entire system for me, thanks.

2 hours ago, sinnae said:

Most people who've been playing for a bit have ayatan sculptures lying around, true, but I don't think that changes that it's bad design at the core to discourage natural gameplay and encourage hoarding/avoiding content until a specific challenge drops. I really dislike the forma challenge too, on principle, even though I currently have 23 forma saved up and one cooking.

(emphasis mine)

This is the one that I really hate. If I get a weapon or frame that I like, the natural instinct is supposed to be to put forma into it. Except that if I do this, there will be nothing left for me to forma by the time this "challenge" appears again.

Spoiler

giphy.gif

Dude calm down, it's just a nightwave mission, you can easily skip it if you are so salty about that. 

Man, it does really suck when Night Wave surprises you with a totally unexpected Ayatan Sculpture mission....oh wait,

14 hours ago, ExplosiveBolts said:

A few days ago I completed all my ayatan sculptures, like 5 or 6 of them. Now I get a recovered mission to complete 3 ayatan sculptures. How in the #*!% is this okay or """fun""" for anyone? Nightwave missions need a MAJOR overhaul in season 3.

Now I get a recovered mission to complete 3 ayatan sculptures.

a recovered mission

recovered

notsurprisedkirk.jpg

16 hours ago, (NSW)Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

Or you could have a little foresight and just leave three Ayatans unsocketed for such an occasion. 

Come on. It's not exactly rocket science.

FgU9JEo.jpg

35 minutes ago, Redfeather75 said:

what game is that?!

I think its Hunt:Showdown? Not sure since I dont have it. But looks like it.

19 hours ago, ExplosiveBolts said:

A few days ago I completed all my ayatan sculptures, like 5 or 6 of them. Now I get a recovered mission to complete 3 ayatan sculptures. How in the #*!% is this okay or """fun""" for anyone? Nightwave missions need a MAJOR overhaul in season 3.

I've just been holding onto a bunch without placing gems unless I specifically need them.  I don't find them very often, and never run Maroo's mission (because I do not like the parkour "puzzles.")  But every time the mission comes up (not counting the first time) I've had five or six statues to spare.

Of course, I'm not a speed runner.  I play solo, and usually take the time to smash all the boxes.  So it's possible that my "not very often" rate of noticing them is still a lot more often than people who just want to finish the mission as instantly as possible.  It would be nice if the sculptures looked even slightly different on the map.  But I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for that to happen.

Its complaints like this that encourage DE to make it too easy. Even if you aren’t prepared, it’s not hard to take a limbo and farm 3 sculptures, 2 considering you get one from Maroo. Only 2! While looking for those sculptures you’ll probably even find the amber stars to fill them. You have a week, man. 

11 hours ago, sinnae said:

Most people who've been playing for a bit have ayatan sculptures lying around, true, but I don't think that changes that it's bad design at the core to discourage natural gameplay and encourage hoarding/avoiding content until a specific challenge drops.

Fug where am I going to find the 30 minutes i need to spend in an arbitration to get enough stars and statues to get this challenge done?  Stupid DE discouraging normal gameplay. 

there's a Mission basically dedicated to acquiring Statues now.
on top of Players finding them by themselves which is also fairly quick.

we learned from season one 2 things :
-to keep a stock of ayatans Ayr (only need cyan to fill) for nightwave and use the others ayatans for endo
-try to stay neutral with the syndicates so they assasins dont get in the way of farming NW boss or random invasions

Arbitration, easy ayatan

Map exploring, lots of stars and possibly finding a statue hidden somewhere

Maybe try playing the game slowly and taking your time instead of rushing through missions all the time?

On 2019-09-04 at 3:43 AM, ExplosiveBolts said:

It's a simple fix really, if you dont like the mission, don't do it, i know it sounds crazy and absurd, but i know a guy that did it and you wint guess what happened, she stopped whining on the forums about challenges that he DOESN'T HAVE TO DO BECAUSE NO ONE IS FORCING HIM TO DO IT.

On 2019-09-04 at 5:11 AM, Kaotyke said:

kc71gdihqit21.gif

Showdown is a great game 😄