Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Leavith

How Stubborn are We

I use to play warframe a lot, and recently i been wondering what my main warframe was. I no longer play warframe for the record and it makes me sad but i can't cause i don't have a good computer , wifi, or laptop to enjoy this game i have loved long time.

Getting back to what i was saying i been wondering what warframe was my main... The more i thought about i realize wow i was stubborn wjth the way i played my main..

Here is my story... you can share your own and tell of cool things you discovered or did to make sure you could always use your main for everything.

----

Now my profile will say Loki and i love loki. Loki was also my first warframe and i choose him based on his description.

My experience with Loki was up and down i even one time sold him for warframe slot space so that i could get an ash... Thankfully i got myself together and got loki again more slot space. Finally i got Loki prime who is my favorite warframe.

However i realized something... Whenever i played conclave, plains of eidolons , solar system missions, or raids ... I was stubborn. There would be many and more appropriate warframe for a mission but no matter what i was like no lets me use Loki i have an idea.

Slowly surely i forcefully included Loki into everything warframe i could do... Finding versatile strategy by combining mods effects or by adding up loki with specific weapon effect or companion.

First i should probably share i solo play and that i used this build only for spy and exterminate.

One of my favorite combo was a Speed Loki it was invisible build with efficiency helmet but with no survival type mods... It made me feel like glass but all spy like... My Speed loki focus was in mobility casting speed and duration with E.S. Aura. As for my method to damage well dagger with covert(red veil dagger with covert lethality) with the channel kill speed mod and lots of attack speed no attack damage boost (just covert) and channeling efficiency mod. I did choose to make my conpanion a shade for more invisibility in case i ever needed cause i was hacking and the mod that gives me radar and loot finder with healing bean( he was my support)... I did run arcane that has chance for more invisibility when i killed on stealth... In case i was killing someone and invisibility would wear of...

Yes i can understand how this may not be such an increadiable story of me overcoming a challenge but this build would also be my goto build for farming focus using the stealth method.

47 minutes ago, Leavith said:

i forcefully included Loki into everything warframe i could do... Finding versatile strategy

I'd call that creative persistence and an essential quality for progressing in WF. Hope you get another chance to play again.

I met a guy like you when I first started playing the game on XB1. He said he would only play his Rhino Prime no matter what came down the road. And he kept his promise. Only had that one Rhino Prime. And then he quit....

If that is your way to play, go for it. Nothing wrong with being dedicated to one thing for the life of you. Some people wear the same attire of clothes while others wear a variety of them. Same for Frames and weapons.

Some players will ONLY do the F2P way while others will spend money a little for Exclusives or for everything. I was going to be in F2P only way until I started to see the differing frames and how they could be played. I saw a video of Ash taking out a squad of Grinny in game by turning invisible, teleporting and killing the big hitters and then finishing the remaining ones with Blade Storm. It looked fun compared to my Super Jumping Excal so I set out to father his parts.And he was great. And then in a mission, I witnessed the power of Valkitty and I was curious if I could do the same thing with her I saw being used. So that gave me a drive to get her.

And then there was the sincher that locked me in. When I decided to buy some plat to get the Hydroid Bundle as it was 75% off, there was a hiccup in the Xbox buying of plat which players did not get right away. To make up for the process, DE gave the players double the Plat they had bought!

Never had a company in video game land go this far for the customers and that was my hook. Over these years, DE has hooked us up with so much free stuff that if I canno see a reason to quit a game I enjoy watching grow.

Personally, not very stubborn.  I'll pick what I have in my arsenal that will work best for a situation, or that I want to have fun with at the moment.  Yes, I have a few defaults, but they're not for everything.  Like I'm not going to run Jupiter spy during a sortie with Inaros.  I'm going to bring Ivara.  I'm also not going to bring my Ivara into a sortie exterminate.  At least not unless my friend accidentally starts the mission timer before I can swap loadouts.  But, I can make do with certain other loadouts.  Like said time my friend started the timer.  Sortie exterminate with Ivara and a sniper rifle?  Not my preference, but I'll make do.  And I did.  Still got the most kills out of our group.

If that's stubborn, then I must be downright insufferable.  I love playing lesser used frames like Titania, Baruuk, Mag, and Nyx.  Even when I play meta frames, chances are it's for a weird augment for fun.  To be honest, most people just don't know what they're missing.  

I once smashed an Exalted Blade into the pre-nerfed Wolf of Saturn Six for 25 minutes straight.

It was a combination of being stubborn and being in a blind rage from how irritating the Wolf was.

Look to the left, guess who my main is. Learning to be a positive member of the team pure stasis change requires to be stubborn enough to commit to playing Limbo and learning how to make him work even where he shouldn't, discovering things like negative duration, learning how to push anyone you accidentally rift out before they notice, and learning how every frame fights so that you can tweak when you slip people quietly in and out of your rift so as to ensure their damage never falls off, all while being insulted constantly before you even move at the start of a mission. That there takes being stubborn, just playing Limbo is an act of refusing to bend knee to everyone whining about you having fun.

1 hour ago, squirrel_killer- said:

Look to the left, guess who my main is. Learning to be a positive member of the team pure stasis change requires to be stubborn enough to commit to playing Limbo and learning how to make him work even where he shouldn't, discovering things like negative duration, learning how to push anyone you accidentally rift out before they notice, and learning how every frame fights so that you can tweak when you slip people quietly in and out of your rift so as to ensure their damage never falls off, all while being insulted constantly before you even move at the start of a mission. That there takes being stubborn, just playing Limbo is an act of refusing to bend knee to everyone whining about you having fun.

You need all the apreciation you deserve. I wish there are more Limbos like you out there.

3 hours ago, Zekkii said:

If that's stubborn, then I must be downright insufferable.  I love playing lesser used frames like Titania, Baruuk, Mag, and Nyx.  Even when I play meta frames, chances are it's for a weird augment for fun.  To be honest, most people just don't know what they're missing.  

This. Baruuk is especially an enjoyable frame.

I just love trying to find weapon synergies with frame as well. And some Augment definitely deserves a weird build to go along with it. Typically Nyx Assimilate build with a Suda/Veil weapon is very fun. I also tried with Rubico Prime and the mod that gives back 15 energy on headshot which is actually pretty fun.

With these build I rarely am the guy with the most damage/kill or whatever. But at least I get to have a lot of fun doing repetitive mission (Kuva Survival anyone ?) and I do my best not to be a burden/leecher for my team either.

I don't really... "main" a frame. There are some I very rarely use (Excal, Inaros, Loki, Saryn, Nova) and some I enjoy using more than other (Octavia Titania Nezha Gauss Nyx Volt Wukong Ivara Harrow... the list goes on). I guess Nezha is still my most used frame however.