Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ramflax

nightwave season 2 episode 4

Okay. There seems to be a Derelict heading towards Pluto (PC). It seems we have to do three Infested Outbreak missions to get a Derelict Code, at which point we can unlock the Derelict Defense mission. A much more elaborate setup than WoS6, I'll give them that. Looks like it, anyway.

Gonna give it a go now.

Welp, I thought it would play out like this ever since Nora specified that the infestation was mostly contained in episode 1. 

Spoiler

With Arlo being an infested puppet used to circumvent the quarantine, signaling a change in tactics by the Infestation.

Cool stuff though regardless, hoping there’s another big twist coming.

And done. Standard 10-wave Defense, with a few new enemies thrown in. 1,500 Standing. Pretty cool. Kinda like a secondary catch-up mechanic.

36 minutes ago, KnossosTNC said:

And done. Standard 10-wave Defense, with a few new enemies thrown in. 1,500 Standing. Pretty cool. Kinda like a secondary catch-up mechanic.

Thats it? nothing but rep gain?

3 minutes ago, HellVOps said:

Probably, though I haven't scanned the new enemies yet. Still, semi-farmable 1,500 Standing is no joke.

Also, the Mars Derelict is a Mobile Defense instead of Defense, so it looks like the mission type rotates.

3 minutes ago, HellVOps said:

I’m guessing ur mr is high as well.  A secondary nw rep catch-up, while does very little for us directly, it absolutely benefits us indirectly.  More players that stay engaged typically means more money for de, which means the game continues...and I support that 100%.

Although they coulda made it a bit more interesting for us if these missions had an alternate, and sizable Kuva reward option.  I’d farm the snot out of that.  

5 minutes ago, KnossosTNC said:

Probably, though I haven't scanned the new enemies yet. Still, semi-farmable 1,500 Standing is no joke.

Also, the Mars Derelict is a Mobile Defense instead of Defense, so it looks like the mission type rotates.

Doesn't look like we can repeat it, so not much of a standing farm.

Cool act overall, just too bad they made it so brain dead easy. Hard to even spot the new enemies since they die so fast.

9 minutes ago, Vit0Corleone said:

Cool act overall, just too bad they made it so brain dead easy. Hard to even spot the new enemies since they die so fast.

Hrm...interesting.  Seems like a huge dev effort for a single run, that’s wweeiirrddd.

4 minutes ago, Vit0Corleone said:

Yeah, that's why I said it's only "semi-farmable."

Stil, yeah, fun concept.

12 minutes ago, Vit0Corleone said:

8 minutes ago, KnossosTNC said:

Yeah, that's why I said it's only "semi-farmable."

Stil, yeah, fun concept.

Pluto reseted.

Its back to 0/3

2 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Pluto reseted.

Its back to 0/3

Just saw that, though I haven't tried it yet. In the middle of the Mars one right now.

Edit: Whoa. Now the Zealots come in squads of 3, and reward 200 Standing when you kill them. Nice.

Just now, KnossosTNC said:

Just saw that, though I haven't tried it yet. In the middle of the Mars one right now.

Yep it works when invasion resets!

1 minute ago, -SGN-Amaterasu. said:

Where can I get the key, friends?

I think you kill phorid to collect them...but I’m not sure.

2 minutes ago, -SGN-Amaterasu. said:

Where can I get the key, friends?

Do 3 Infested Outbreak missions, and you'll get a key.

Honestly I got a bit burn out by NW. It does provide some neat reward like the OP suite but the weekly task is too repetitive. Do sortie, catch fish, mine gems, do x race, use 3 forma ... etc. The first few times is OK, but can DE please add more variety to the chores list?  I also avoiding the  2 idiots whenever possible. They are too easy to kill by frame, but they are very effective in killing the companion. On top of it, 100 points is not worth the time, I rather just speed through the mission instead. I prefer DE to give us 1 credit for every pair of idiot we kill or have them drop some unique item.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Dishinshoryuken said:

Ohhh.....SNAP!!!

Did you all see the newest reveal for Nightwave? I just signed in and it popped up.....and now there is a new Infested interface above the Nightwave banner in the Solar Map.

Things done just got upped in here....and I have reloaded!!!

I don't see any infested interface?

That said, the newest reveal seems to explain Nora's distant demeanor...as she apparently witnessed all this firsthand. She's disturbed and, potentially, hopeless.

Just now, TenebraeAeterna said:

I don't see any infested interface?

That said, the newest reveal seems to explain Nora's distant demeanor...as she apparently witnessed all this firsthand. She's disturbed and, potentially, hopeless.

Click on the "Episode Status" button on the Star Chart.

15 hours ago, (PS4)Dishinshoryuken said:

I think it is to give the players more time being hunted by those 2 Devotees. The first few episodes we had them helping and getting us back in the fight. Now we got them messing up goals by attacking us and Mobile Defense targets, Extractors, and allowing all the scans to get done.

When it does hit, I look forward to seeing what we are gonna face this time. Not gonna lie- I miss having the ones that got us up and fought by us.

Question for those who do Syndicate runs- have you had the Devotees show up to fight with the Syndicate agents yet? Who wins most times if you don't attack?

Generally, the Zealots hitting mine wind up losing. Either because of other enemies nailing them, or the random syndicate specter I deployed nailing them in the face, usually the Corrupted Lancer or Clem.

And before you say otherwise, Clem IS a syndicate. Everyone appreciates his can-do attitude and tendency to get things done... except Vay Hek or Vor, but who cares what they think?

1 minute ago, NinjaKitsune56 said:

And before you say otherwise, Clem IS a syndicate.

I think you'll find that Clem is THE syndicate. The only syndicate that matters.

Right, just to confirm: this thing is kind of repeatable. You have to wait till the Invasion node that you completed reset first, but once that happens, the mission counter resets back to zero, and you can do another node to get another code to access the Derelict. I've just completed a second Pluto node, repeated the Derelict Defense mission, and got another 1,500 Standing, ranking up in the process.

Again, sort-of farmable 1,500 Standing is no joke. I wasn't supposed to rank up again this week. Even though I'm in the Prestige ranks now, that's still more Creds for the next time Kuva comes back in the Cred Offerings. I just wished it was an evergreen offering like the Potatoes, Nitain and Vauban parts.

10 hours ago, Chappie1975 said:

You have the catchup mechanic.  After the mainline update, you don't even need to complete the entire weeks list now to see previous ones.  

The PC mainline? Im struggled for a hour trying find this thread