Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Baruuk Rework

Benjamin_Smaridge

Baruuk is touted as a reluctant hero who would rather not fight but when pushed too far, is a master of it. The old saying states “Demons run when a good man goes to war...” and currently I don’t feel that Baruuk embodies that principle. While he does have potential and his abilities do function on their own, they do not function together all that well, and the synergies they do have do not fit with well with the abilities when you try to use them together.

So here is my idea; first of the abilities need reworking so here is what I have thought of.

1. Abilities

• Passive: Restraint
    Baruuk avoids all incoming damage while not attacking, each attack dodged erodes Baruuk’s restraint, when his restraint is gone, his abilities turn from passive to aggressive, his restraint slowly fills with ability usage.

• First Ability: Lull and Lash
    Baruuk kicks the enemies in front of him with a wave of powerful energy. While restrained the wave forces enemies to fall asleep, this doesn’t count as an attack. After his restraint has been eroded however, the wave forces a Slash Proc on all enemies caught in the cone.

• Second Ability: Shielding Lenses
    Baruuk absorbs incoming damage converting a portion of it into energy while the rest is converted into shields that are returned to Baruuk when the ability ends. After his restraint has been eroded however, the remaining damage is multiplied and reflected back at nearby enemies. Double the range of Lull while active and enemies affected by Lash receive twice the damage.

• Third Ability: Meditation
    Baruuk puts away his weapons and opens himself up to nearby enemies, enemies attacking Baruuk during this time are pacified and ignore all damage. If Shielding Lenses is active the duration of this ability is doubled. After his restraint has been eroded however, Enemies that attack Baruuk during this state had their defences sundered. Enemies affected by Lash have a chance to drop a healing orb upon death.

• Fourth Ability: Serene Storm
    With Baruuk’s restraint all gone he becomes a whirlwind of fists and slashing waves. Equipping Desert Wind and slowly draining the restraint meter with each enemy hit. Waves of energy project from Baruuk’s attacks in this state, knocking enemies over, up and in. Enemies affected by Lash will drop energy orbs upon death. While Meditation is active affected enemies will heal Baruuk and his allies for a portion of the drained defences.

With Baruuk’s abilities getting a rework I thought it would be prudent to shift his stats slightly to reflect the changes in his abilities, on that front I have brought his health and shields up, with his abilities being able to restore shields I thought an increase in the base shields would help with that aspect of defence, and giving Baruuk the ability to heal, both with ability use and synergies made it logical to give him a small health boost. His armor, energy and sprint speed remain the same.

2. Stats

• Health: 100 (300 at rank 30)

• Shields: 150 (450 at rank 30)

• Armor: 150

• Energy: 200 (300 at rank 30)

• Sprint: 1.20

I would like to hear what people think of this rework idea.

Thank you for reading.

On 2019-09-04 at 11:28 AM, Benjamin_Smaridge said:

-snip-

Alright so here are the changes, I had to think about it before I posted it and then got dragged into something rather something unpertty, but onto the topic!

Passive: Pacifistic Restraint: Baruuk Guided by his noble discipline, invokes sacred runes to evade conflict, Baruuk gains powerful improved proficiency when not carrying weapons, the said benefits are as followed:

• +150 Health & Armor when no primary weapon is equipped
  • +90 Energy Efficiency when no sidearm weapon is equipped  
  • +50 Range Boost when no Melee weapon is equipped
  • -Restrain Restoration with weapons active. 

When all Weapons are not equipped, Baruuk commands the Desert Wind to deliver powerful radial strikes with his fists and feet. Each moment commanding the storm restores his Restraint. (Note: They act like a much smaller range of his exalted weapons and do not have the "waves" they act like normal fist weapons, unless his 3rd power is active)

1. Lull & Elude: Tapping the Power sends out an calming wave slows enemies until they fall into a slumber. Enemies woken by damage will be confused and disoriented. Short-term amnesia means all waking enemies forget anything that happened before the lull. Holding will form a shield when active he avoids all incoming damage while not attacking, each attack dodged erodes Baruuk’s restraint, when his restraint is gone, his abilities turn from passive to aggressive, his restraint slowly fills with ability usage. (This is a single hand cast)

2. Desolate Hands: Summon a bevy of orbiting daggers to seek out enemy guns, destroying them with a small explosion. Combine with Lull & Elude to double the range. When the Daggers hit they have a chance to proc an Rad-Proc. Confusing enemies. Tapping will re-fresh the Daggers. (This is a single hand cast).

3.Void Conduit: Trap a enemies in a void prison, immobilizing them, hostiles around the Void Conduit will be feared and slowly drained of their will power, when the unit dies, they will form a duplicate of themselves and fight by his side. This drains his restrain.

4. Serene Storm: With Baruuk’s restraint all gone he becomes a whirlwind of fists and slashing waves that slowly drains the restraint meter with each enemy hit. Waves of energy project from Baruuk’s attacks in this state, knocking enemies over, up and in. Enemies affected by Lull & Elude will drop energy orbs upon death. While Desolate Hands is active affected enemies will heal Baruuk and his allies for a portion of the drained defenses. (Note: If the player choices to carry weapons, they will be removed until the power ends or is uncasted, the damage is also much lower, due to the weight of weapons and his restrain drains faster with weapons on)