Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Insufficient video memory" error occurring multiple times

qweenqween

Stumbled upon this error on the 25th minute in survival. The text in russian says "Not enough video memory". Its the first time I encounter this, with over 1000 hours on my PC. The specs are GTX980 4gb, 16 GB ram, Win10, Intel core i5 4690k, more than enough imo. At the time of crash was watching some vids in browser, and before you ask, no, I had only 4 browser tabs and discord open. The error occurred a couple of times after I relogged in without the video, in the orbiter even. Any help?400qmbapngk31.png?utm_medium=android_app

On 2019-09-04 at 6:57 AM, qweenqween said:

Stumbled upon this error on the 25th minute in survival. The text in russian says "Not enough video memory". Its the first time I encounter this, with over 1000 hours on my PC. The specs are GTX980 4gb, 16 GB ram, Win10, Intel core i5 4690k, more than enough imo. At the time of crash was watching some vids in browser, and before you ask, no, I had only 4 browser tabs and discord open. The error occurred a couple of times after I relogged in without the video, in the orbiter even. Any help?

If you come across this error again then can you please submit a support ticket to us with a copy of your EE.log? You'll want to grab the EE.log immediately after the crash occurs. There is information in the log file that could help us understand why you're running out of memory.

You can find the EE.log by opening the Warframe launcher and clicking this:

GetLogs.png

After you've got your EE.log, you can submit the support ticket here.

Thanks!

Warframe settings, verify download. Damaged or corrupt files can cause errors on specific action or location.

On 2019-09-04 at 5:57 AM, qweenqween said:

At the time of crash was watching some vids in browser, and before you ask, no, I had only 4 browser tabs and discord open.

What is your windows swap settings set to?
Look at task manager, performance, memory, committed size. Both CPU and GPU memory counts as committed memory. Web browsers can take up lots of commit size. With no more commit left, then no more memory can go to CPU or GPU. Advanced system settings, advanced, Virtual memory, change. Put on custom custom size of 16384 KB (16 MB) or bigger. (edit: to both initial size and maximum size) More information on how to do it: https://www.google.com/search?q=windows+swap+change

Edited by sam686