Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

(PS4)Hopper_Orouk

There is a lack of insectoid warframes

46 minutes ago, nslay said:

Unless you have allergies, that spider (Huntsman?) is probably completely harmless. From my limited understanding, there aren't very many spiders that can actually hurt you and the ones that can kill you are native to South America and Australia.

Besides, spiders don't really want to waste valuable venom on stupid humans and would rather run away!

Reveal hidden contents

It's a Tailless Whip Scorpion - while not technically a spider, they are a type of arachnid.  They are indeed harmless and do not possess any venom glands.  However, they do have modified pedipalps that function much like a mantis in that they are spikey and used for grabbing and impaling prey.  Their front legs are also elongated and are used more like antennae to feel their way around.  Not dangerous to humans, but still fascinating little critters none the less.

23 minutes ago, Lokidus_Prime said:

It's a Tailless Whip Scorpion - while not technically a spider, they are a type of arachnid.  They are indeed harmless and do not possess any venom glands.  However, they do have modified pedipalps that function much like a mantis in that they are spikey and used for grabbing and impaling prey.  Their front legs are also elongated and are used more like antennae to feel their way around.  Not dangerous to humans, but still fascinating little critters none the less.

A scorpion warframe would be cool too

2 hours ago, sinnae said:

Oh my god this is so cute

Ok.  I don't hate that moth.  That moth is ok peeps

3 hours ago, VanosPrime said:

A frame that summons insects or implants insects inside enemies that burst out and seek out new enemies to attack would be my main frame if done correctly.

So you're a fan too...

dk6evz-4c24c9ed-3636-4267-8f84-87bcc12d4

32 minutes ago, Hexsing said:

Ok.  I don't hate that moth.  That moth is ok peeps

😊 knew ppl would come around

5 hours ago, (NSW)Evilpricetag said:

Yeah far back it originally was just a white haired monkey.

They created a novel out of Yeti's existence... 

3 hours ago, Lokidus_Prime said:

It sure resembles a Huntsman! But not quite. I guess it's as you said!

I forgot how much I absolutely hate bugs, thanks for reminding me guys

A scorpion frame would be pretty cool though, I bet the tail clipping would be legendary

With a fairly large number of 'when you wall latch' type mods, I thought it'd be a nice idea to have a spider-type Warframe with an ability that allows him or her to cling to walls for a very extended period of time.

19 hours ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

Titania isn't it

Khora is far from it

How come after 6 years and 40+ warframes we haven't got a single insect themed warframe 

It's really a bummer because insects are a treasure of potential warframe ideas 

From high mobility hoppers, to battle tanks

Well Rhino scarab sect skin exists i guess...

What are you on about? We have Gauss with his feelers that look like a mustache, he is a speedy ant, a Bullet Ant if you would.

13 hours ago, FerockQuartz said:

I couldn't help but refer from it... they got a number of insectoid concepts though... an ape frame wouldn't be so bad either...

2272_medium.jpg?1530155854

Winston is that you?

21 hours ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

Titania isn't it

Khora is far from it

How come after 6 years and 40+ warframes we haven't got a single insect themed warframe 

There's also a lack of reptile, furry, pony, and literally -whatever other fetish you can think of-frames. Why would we need insect frames?

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Colyeses:

With a fairly large number of 'when you wall latch' type mods, I thought it'd be a nice idea to have a spider-type Warframe with an ability that allows him or her to cling to walls for a very extended period of time.

Loki having that already sadly, unlimited wall holding, crawling on the walls on the other hand would be nice, could be also a sort of Xenomorph Warframe type aswell.

I actually do miss the old wall running aswell still.

4 hours ago, Marine027 said:

Loki having that already sadly, unlimited wall holding, crawling on the walls on the other hand would be nice, could be also a sort of Xenomorph Warframe type aswell.

I actually do miss the old wall running aswell still.

I still think having a spider themed frame with the ability to detect enemies when on the ground. 

Spiders sense things on their webs through vibration.  So seeing enemies on the map by being on the floor or ground gives something different in flavour of bullet jumping everywhere and its super useful.

A Peacock Mantis Shrimp-themed frame would have a passive to see all items and enemies behind all walls and on radar at all times... They have some of the most sophisticated vision of all animals (far surpasses human vision!).  And it's 4 would be an exalted hammer or fist weapon with armor stripping/bypass properties.

It's not an insect, but it is an arthropod and it is a really really cool animal. By far the coolest in my opinion.

55 minutes ago, nslay said:

A Peacock Mantis Shrimp-themed frame would have a passive to see all items and enemies behind all walls and on radar at all times... They have some of the most sophisticated vision of all animals (far surpasses human vision!).  And it's 4 would be an exalted hammer or fist weapon with armor stripping/bypass properties.

It's not an insect, but it is an arthropod and it is a really really cool animal. By far the coolest in my opinion.

I see no potential for it as a warframe concept at all.... deluxe skin is applicable....

4099536-5610469848-ishot.jpg

18 minutes ago, FerockQuartz said:

I see no potential for it as a warframe concept at all.... deluxe skin is applicable....

4099536-5610469848-ishot.jpg

Not even the fact that it can punch with the speed of .22 caliber bullet?

On 2019-09-05 at 1:07 PM, nslay said:

Not even the fact that it can punch with the speed of .22 caliber bullet?

Oh is that a boxing shrimp? To bad we have 2 punching frames, but yeah that tiny thing could  f-up a human hand trying to grab it.

One punch shrimp is the real deal.

On 2019-09-04 at 2:39 PM, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

Titania isn't it

Khora is far from it

this game also lacks:
robot warframes
television warframes
s*xtoy warframes
dinosaur warframes
planet warframes
transformer warframes
pokemon warframes
officesupply warframes

what is your point?
you make it seem that there should be an insect one, but I don't see why there should...

Just now, BlackVortex said:

what is your point?
you make it seem that there should be an insect one, but I don't see why there should...

Well because insects are a great material for warframe concepts

Their exterior is so amazingly detailed and bizzare it can easily turn into a warframe physique 

And their natural talents are more than worthy to borrow it as warframe abilities 

Like i said in my post : insects are a treasure full of warframe concepts

You know, I would love to have an arachnoid frame. Problem is I would want it to crawl along walls and ceilings, be able to use his second set of arms to quad wield two sets of dual pistols, and other fun concepts. But the amount of work DE would have to put into the game to make that possible is apparently unreasonable, since they've given up on such things like wallrunning enemies years ago. I'm not sure I'd want a spider frame if it cant move and do stuff a spider does.

15 minutes ago, (NSW)Evilpricetag said:

Oh is that a boxing shrimp? To bad we have 2 punching frames, but yeah that tiny thing could  f-up a human hand trying to grab it.

One punch shrimp is the real deal.

Punch/hammer shrimp for sure. It's also called the thumb splitter for a reason. It can also break the aquarium glass!

There's a spear version of this shrimp thing (these are not exactly shrimp)... the Zebra Mantis Shrimp. It also doesn't look as beautiful! :(

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lysiosquillina_maculata

I think there's a video of a youtuber doing something stupid and sticking his hand into the tank trying to pet the Zebra Mantis Shrimp.