Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alright DE - Good Job on Disruption Expansion.

Ikyr0

Disruption Arby is my favorite game mode ever done for WF. I think the rewards are fine, although they could use some tuning. Scaling is excellent, and high level runs are at least moderately challenging. Demolysts and Demolishers are game changers in terms of builds/modding. If you're not using the right build past lvl 140 or so, you won't get the kill. I can tentatively say that this type of content could be the blueprint for designing future non-boss encounters (whereas I expect more mechanical skill checks in future boss encounters a la Exploiter & Ropa), without requiring an entire weapon/mod revamp from the ground up which I assume is impossible at this point (given the troubles with Melee 3.0).

Edited by Ikyr0
  • Like 10

I'm going to play devils advocate here, and point out my problems with disruptions.  It feels like a huge DPS check.  If you're not using meta weapons and rivens, you're going to have a bad time.  Same thing with frames.  You say this is what alleviates the lack of need for a weapon/mod revamp, but I would argue that this is precisely why we need it.

Don't get me wrong, I love disruption.  It's a well designed mode and a welcome addition to the game, but it limits creativity and enforces a fairly strict meta.

• Like 5

hace 2 minutos, Zekkii dijo:

I'm going to play devils advocate here, and point out my problems with disruptions.  It feels like a huge DPS check.  If you're not using meta weapons and rivens, you're going to have a bad time.  Same thing with frames.  You say this is what alleviates the lack of need for a weapon/mod revamp, but I would argue that this is precisely why we need it.

Don't get me wrong, I love disruption.  It's a well designed mode and a welcome addition to the game, but it limits creativity and enforces a fairly strict meta.

"strict meta " is know too as endgame or part of it too.. where is the problem.

1 minute ago, Zekkii said:

You don't have to go that far to get all of the rewards then restart before things get beyond your level of gear/mods.  you can also use stuff like magus lockdown or the plague star exodia epidemic to give you more time or other frames like Nova or khora to stop/slow them down.  So you can take far more time to kill them if you wish

4 minutes ago, Zekkii said:

Then you have an problem with the entire game since its inception.   This game has always been a DPS check and/or a meta check   So you are not being a devils advocate at all...just pushing your general opinion of the game attempting to disguise it as something else.

Edited by Chappie1975

Honestly... I wasn't that enamoured with the original and I've been in no rush to do the new ones... disruption is basically excavation with a 'difficult' (well doesn't get killed by abilities and large health/armor pool) enemy to kill before it gets to the tower and one shots it....

Sticking in a unit that basically disables (most bosses have it, arbitrations has the drone) one of the main reasons most of us plays warframe (ie abilities) is one of the laziest (imo) approaches to making things 'hard' and essentially is just forcing players into using a certain combination of frame/weapon set up rather than being able to use abilities to supplement weaker weapons or to help the frame 'stay alive'.. 

Honestly I've felt we need a damage revamp of the secondary and primary weapons for quite some time (as does some of my clan) purely because I have secondaries doing more damage than primaries and while I expect outlies I don't expect the majority of secondaries to out damage my primaries....  essentially a machine pistol should not be out damaging a machine rifle...

1 hour ago, Zekkii said:

there is a meta, but it's fairly forgiving and inclusive. you absolutely dont need any rivens, just the right weapons. I've taken down lvl 150 Demos without any rivened guns. just the right guns.

Edited by Ikyr0

13 hours ago, (PS4)Eluminary said:

You don't have to go that far to get all of the rewards then restart before things get beyond your level of gear/mods.  you can also use stuff like magus lockdown or the plague star exodia epidemic to give you more time or other frames like Nova or khora to stop/slow them down.  So you can take far more time to kill them if you wish

Can Khora stop the Demolyst? 

17 hours ago, Zekkii said:

What DPS check? It's finishers time. 

I love disruption but it does enforce the use of meta weapons and frames sadly. Condition Overload Hybrid melee or the infamous Redeemer Prime and Zakti combo are pretty high contenders with some primaries to use. I honestly wonder if DE added this to watch what is used in the missions so they can unleash the mighty nerf hammer on meta weapons since these missions are kinda the hardest thing to do in the game, at the moment, even tho for the first 15-20 rounds it's a joke.

20 hours ago, LSG501 said:

Sticking in a unit that basically disables (most bosses have it, arbitrations has the drone) one of the main reasons most of us plays warframe (ie abilities) is one of the laziest (imo) approaches to making things 'hard' and essentially is just forcing players into using a certain combination of frame/weapon set up rather than being able to use abilities to supplement weaker weapons or to help the frame 'stay alive'.. 

every game since arcades was a thing has been about getting and using the meta stuff. there is and always will be the lazy approach to games like this whether you like it or not. absolutely no one plays any games the devs makes, as how the devs wants the game to be played, ever.

the masses will always find loopholes, glitches, hacks, cheats, shortcuts, and meta weapons to beat a game as quick as possible.<< see game informer and game genie from back in the day.

todays gamers seems like theyre living in an alternate reality when it comes to gaming. just straight up anti everything that's fun.

warframe got popular with 3 things (facts) 1. abilities, 2. releasing new mod cards in reasonable frequency, and the bi weekly releases of quests, frames,and new weapons.

in reality, no one is forced to use abilities or meta weapons but why over complicate a simple thing?

1 hour ago, (XB1)TheUmbralElite said:

I love disruption but it does enforce the use of meta weapons and frames sadly. Condition Overload Hybrid melee or the infamous Redeemer Prime and Zakti combo are pretty high contenders with some primaries to use. I honestly wonder if DE added this to watch what is used in the missions so they can unleash the mighty nerf hammer on meta weapons since these missions are kinda the hardest thing to do in the game, at the moment, even tho for the first 15-20 rounds it's a joke.

before levels get too high, you can really use a variety of weapons. I was killing lvl 120's with my Synapse yesterday. i think it's fair that those who want to stay past 45-60mins need to follow some sort of dps check. that's how all encounters are in every rpg.

Edited by Ikyr0

1 hour ago, ranks21 said:

every game since arcades was a thing has been about getting and using the meta stuff. there is and always will be the lazy approach to games like this whether you like it or not. absolutely no one plays any games the devs makes, as how the devs wants the game to be played, ever.

the masses will always find loopholes, glitches, hacks, cheats, shortcuts, and meta weapons to beat a game as quick as possible.<< see game informer and game genie from back in the day.

todays gamers seems like theyre living in an alternate reality when it comes to gaming. just straight up anti everything that's fun.

warframe got popular with 3 things (facts) 1. abilities, 2. releasing new mod cards in reasonable frequency, and the bi weekly releases of quests, frames,and new weapons.

in reality, no one is forced to use abilities or meta weapons but why over complicate a simple thing?

Yeah but by totally stopping us from using abilities that then limits what we can use.... like I say their 'design choices' for difficult enemies is actually limiting options that we could be using... there was no reason why they couldn't make something have a reduced effect instead of complete nullification for example. 

Because DE basically sees difficult enemies as making us use our weapons and nothing else the masses, like you say, will find the shortcuts which is essentially what we call the meta. 

IMO DE in essence needs to rethink how they see difficulty again, nobody really complained about the nox which had a 'weakspot' but could still be killed albeit slower via the rest of his body... there is nothing stopping DE releasing more enemies like this. 

This thread now feels premature or that it aged badly considering today's changes to the game mode including no longer being able to carry keys to the next round (Making it slower), Syndicate medallions made useless and a bloat to the drop tables since since they won't work on Conclave (Making you feel like a round was wasted), and Arbitration Disruption now rewards on 2 rounds instead of 1 (Again, making it slower).

Edited by Jarriaga

7 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

This thread now feels premature or that it aged badly considering today's changes to the game mode including no longer being able to carry keys to the next round (Making it slower), Syndicate medallions made useless and a bloat to the drop since since they won't work on Conclave (Making you feel like a round was wasted), and Arbitration Disruption now rewards on 2 rounds instead of 1 (Again, making it slower).

I hope DE will revert it to 1 round since we aren't anymore able to carry key to the next round.

I can agree that carrying a key to the next round spèeded too much the process but having to do PERFECTLY 8 conduit is just bad.

I don't want to play again excavation since i can play whathever i want on disruption because i don't require a full team builded around that....

10 minutes ago, BalckA98 said:

I hope DE will revert it to 1 round since we aren't anymore able to carry key to the next round.

I can agree that carrying a key to the next round spèeded too much the process but having to do PERFECTLY 8 conduit is just bad.

I don't want to play again excavation since i can play whathever i want on disruption because i don't require a full team builded around that....

I'm just puzzled as to what the intention was by slowing down a game mode people like precisely because its fast progression with rewards and enemy scaling.

Edited by Jarriaga

My issue with Disruption stems from just how...I can't find the right word to describe it but it just feels awkward, like some weird combination of Mobile Defense and Survival.

Though I'll fully admit most of my negative experience was with teammates who didn't know to shoot the glowing beeping demo.

Overall it is a decent mode, but not my cup of tea overall, but hey, at least it isn't defection.

Edited by Aldain

21 minutes ago, Aldain said:

My issue with Disruption stems from just how...I can't find the right word to describe it but it just feels awkward, like some weird combination of Mobile Defense and Survival.

Though I'll fully admit most of my negative experience was with teammates who didn't know to shoot the glowing beeping demo.

Overall it is a decent mode, but not my cup of tea overall, but hey, at least it isn't defection.

Personally I feel they absolutely didn't need to make a new game mode. Constantly creating new stuff while ditching old content is a garbage approach. DE should simply be improving the old modes instead of creating more work for themselves.

For example, and to your point, why not just add Demos, rewards, and all the missions mutators (global buffs/rebuffs) to Mobile Defense missions? Why not spice up survival or interception in some way? Why not rework the horrendous mess of defection (more like defecation). It's quite frustrating.

That being said, I still think Disruption is probably the most fun mode currently. Not because it's unique or super interesting, but because it's up-to-date and fresh.

Edited by Ikyr0

1 hour ago, Ikyr0 said:

Not because it's unique or super interesting, but because it's up-to-date and fresh.

This I can agree with, mission design in Warframe has been showing its age lately to me, too many mission types that you can just bullet jump past everything in.

I know people hate "friend doors" but I think there could stand to be a few more elements in missions, like how sabotage missions have caches at least for some extra flavor.

Though from the few missions we've seen of Empyrean I can safely say if that is the direction they are going I am sold already.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jarriaga said:

This thread now feels premature or that it aged badly considering today's changes to the game mode including no longer being able to carry keys to the next round (Making it slower), Syndicate medallions made useless and a bloat to the drop tables since since they won't work on Conclave (Making you feel like a round was wasted), and Arbitration Disruption now rewards on 2 rounds instead of 1 (Again, making it slower).

You still get rewards every 4 conduits. Though it seems they changed how the rotations progress. It seem that you no longer can carry keys into new rounds - I have to check that, as well. Although in normal disruption - at least as far as fissures are concerned, I was able to carry keys into new rounds. 

1 hour ago, YazMatazO said:
5 hours ago, Jarriaga said:

You still get rewards every 4 conduits. Though it seems they changed how the rotations progress. It seem that you no longer can carry keys into new rounds - I have to check that, as well. Although in normal disruption - at least as far as fissures are concerned, I was able to carry keys into new rounds. 

You can carry keys into the next round. It's only the keys that are laying on the ground that are removed the moment a dupe key is put into a conduit.