Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Larsurus

List of Warframes still lacking PBR

First of all, nice job with the recent batch of PBR stuff. It's nice to see you checking off stuff like that. However, there are still many vanilla Warframes lacking that magic touch, namely (and please correct me if I'm wrong) the following:

• Nova
  • Valkyr
  • Ash
  • Ember
  • Mirage
  • Nekros
  • Nyx
  • Rhino
  • Saryn
  • Trinity
  • Vauban
  • Zephyr
  • Excalibur (Immortal only)

Including most (if not all) of their Immortal skins and alt-helmets.

Now I get that these are probably a bigger deal to PBR than simple sentinel cosmetics, but I still would like to see all the older frames shine just like their newer brothers and sisters. I'm just putting this list here in hopes of seeing these getting checked off in the not so distant future. It's already been several years and every patch I've been looking for those sweet PBR announcements since the process first began. The difference between PBR and non-PBR is almost jarring at this point and seeing these lingering heroes getting their new coats of paint would signal the end of an era. Can't start the New War before the old one has ended :)

Cheers!

You're not wrong, these should be all. You can add Excalibur's Immortal Skin there as well too, the rest of his assets are using the new shaders 🙂

I am hoping that Vauban gets the PBR update with his rework, now that he got the cloth physics.

While I am on the same page where neweer frames have more metallics and looks very good and older look like those dolls that are thrown away and someone said it looked fine but it was missing a lot of details. Easy solution and I think many would just say 'buy tennogen' which is expensive for some people and is not really a solution, we need new helmets and skins for older warframes that look kinda bad(ones you mnetioned above) but remastering them would make people who like the current skins cause an outrage, so another batch of immortal skins and immortal helmets(new stuff) would be better. My biggest complain is how trinity and mag have helmets that are too big for them and ugly(to me they look like TVs)

16 minutes ago, Lazarow said:

While I am on the same page where neweer frames have more metallics and looks very good and older look like those dolls that are thrown away and someone said it looked fine but it was missing a lot of details. Easy solution and I think many would just say 'buy tennogen' which is expensive for some people and is not really a solution, we need new helmets and skins for older warframes that look kinda bad(ones you mnetioned above) but remastering them would make people who like the current skins cause an outrage, so another batch of immortal skins and immortal helmets(new stuff) would be better. My biggest complain is how trinity and mag have helmets that are too big for them and ugly(to me they look like TVs)

This isn't a case of remastering or missing textures, this is updating the model to use the newer rendering system instead of the old one. Huge changes wouldn't be happening, only the textures better matching their intended texture like leather or metal while being wholly colourable. In fact when pbr was originally done on prime frames it was only a big deal because they had to give up a colour channel for the metallic gold because it was colourable now. 

So I don't think we need new skins for because of a rendering change. 

PBR is the difference between "Glossy Plastic Dolls" and "Cyborg Space Ninja". It can be really jarring to have a newer skin/helmet meet with an older skin/helmet and you can immediately tell where they begin and end. It reminds me of the "neck seam" bugs you'd see when modding games like Skyrim.

32 minutes ago, Lazarow said:

I have plenty of Tennogen for my Nova as well as a few other frames and as you say that's not a solution. But this is not about that. This is about finishing the long and ardous task of updating the final bulk of the old textures. People can rage all they want about the results. PBR is coming and PBR is here to stay. Leaving things without PBR is like parking a plain old red VW Beetle amongst pearlescent Lamborghinis. It would stick out like a sore thumb. And that's kinda what the non-PBR frames do right now, sadly, love it or not.

This is in no way a complaint thread. Just a simple, friendly reminder and nudge from an eager player.