Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zealot Derelict is a big fat waste of time. Let’s do math!

beaker_redux

Someone check my math. I did it while sitting outside and a five-lined blue-tailed skink was eyeing me the whole time, so I might have made a mistake. 

10,000 kuva for 50 creds

30,000 standing for 45 creds

20 derelict runs for 30k standing

Requiring 60 invasions

60 invasions at least 300 minutes.  

Plus 20* 5 equals 100 minutes. 

Have I got that right?  6 hours of work for 45 creds??

So 10,000 kuva every 6 hours

Or ... 30 minutes of kuva survival.

6 hours vs 30 minutes.   Hmmmmm.

What an absolute waste of time for the active player.  I guess this last part is truly only for the young laggards to catch up in standing. 

Side note:

Resident Evil: Afterlife called, they want their plot back.  At least their Albert Wesker knew karate and looking awesome in sunglasses.

This nightwave started out promising, but has become a great big bore.  The zealots are too infrequent and give next to nothing in standing. The plot has bogged down.  Give us Wesker already.  

Love the kuva disruption though.  Good clean fun. Props for that, even if it doesn’t give enough kuva. 

If you use your math for kuva disruption is a waste of time too. There's only one place for kuva junkies, and sadly is that sickening survival yet.

And why someone will farm kuva in nightwave? Why? The 1.5k standing (and the 200 from the trio) will help people starting now to climb faster and not lose nitain and other stuff from the system - if you have it all and no use for nitain the rest is just a way to dump the credits, not reward the player.

• Like 1

Thoughts on incentivising given how underwhelming it is: 

Make the zealots be more likely to spawn both in the invasion a and even more so in the zealot derelict. 

This makes sense in theme and gets scanners and other farmers out there. 

Replace the mini boss in saboutage with a jordas-jug. Or give the mini bosses pasted on infestation bits. 

Theme and sense. 

Buff the reward to 2k standing on non endless missions, either by likelihood of friends dropping in or flat reward. 

1.5k is just underwhelming for 4 missions. People can barely be bothered to do 10 for 4.5k standing. Buff it, make it juicy. 

In endless keep it the same or drop it down slightly of friend-standing goes into the calculation. Reward extra standing with rotations, probably 50, 50, 150, 250. Possibly, possibly, make the rotations for extra standing double length like arbitrations, but keep normal rewards on normal rotation. 

The idea behind this suggestion is basically the same calculus that goes into kuva missions and not wanting survival to be too good in comparison to floods. The two previous suggestions offer options to appease both kinds of farmers, the ones who want speed, and the ones who hate loading screens. 

Edited by (PS4)NemitheNem