Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forcing players to do Invasion missions for NIghtwave?

GreyDeath789

This seems pretty lame. Wanting to do the "Emissary derelict" nodes you must do "outbreak missions" which are really just invasion missions.

Forcing people to play these missions? Because there is no need/interest in playing them anymore? Many (most?) players don't need the rewards from the missions so ignore them...but now they are required to get access to a node. Is DE too busy(lazy?) to make new content and instead simply reuses existing, underused, missions?

The rewards for these invasion...er..sorry...outbreak...missions aren't even special. Seems like a cheap way to get people to play underplayed content...just in a bad way imo.

• Like 1

I thought it was a nice way to repurpose old content, putting current Infested Outbreaks into context of the season's story. It just makes sense. The Derelict missions being repeatable 1,500 Standing farms was also nice.

But, you know, if you don't need the 1,500 Standing, then you don't have to play it. Plenty of acts this season to get you to rank 30 and above.

Edited by KnossosTNC
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, KnossosTNC said:

I thought it was a nice way to repurpose old content, putting current Infested Outbreaks into context of the season's story. It just makes sense. The Derelict missions being repeatable 1,500 Standing farms was also nice.

But, you know, if you don't need the 1,500 Standing, then you don't have to play it. Plenty of acts this season to get you to rank 30 and above.

Hehe funny people. Already at rank 32...it is just the weak way of making people play old/outdated missions instead of refreshing the content.

10 minutes ago, GreyDeath789 said:

Forcing people to play these missions? Because there is no need/interest in playing them anymore? Many (most?) players don't need the rewards from the missions so ignore them...but now they are required to get access to a node. Is DE too busy(lazy?) to make new content and instead simply reuses existing, underused, missions?

"Forcing" sounds harsh, and it's your opinion. In my opinion, it's revisiting parts of the game that's been neglected.

As a bonus, all of Nightwave isn't mandatory along with the Emissary Derelicts. The Emissary Derelicts are a nice break away form of gaining Standing rather than slaughtering Zealot Trios over and over again.

• Like 4

No one is "forcing" you to play the game at all, much less certain missions. Well, unless it's you forcing you, but that's a mental health issue and far beyond the scope of these forums.  😎

But yea, I agree with you. But then again, I don't do stuff I don't want to do.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, GreyDeath789 said:

Hehe funny people. Already at rank 32...it is just the weak way of making people play old/outdated missions instead of refreshing the content.

Again, if you're already past rank 30, what's the problem? If you don't need or want the 1,500 Standing, then there is no reason for you to play it. You can just go back to ignoring it as usual.

I just like how these Infested Invasions no longer seem to spring out of nowhere in a vacuum, but are instead the work of Arlo and his followers. It just makes sense.

Edited by KnossosTNC
  • Like 6

32 minutes ago, GreyDeath789 said:

just in a bad way imo.

This is where you might offer a good way.

33 minutes ago, GreyDeath789 said:

Is DE too busy(lazy?) to make new content and instead simply reuses existing, underused, missions?

This is where you took any kind of good will towards your plight and lit it on fire.

• Like 11

Sigh, I'm so confused.

I know it can be a bit tedious for some people, but it's something to DO.

Why are some people so entitled(if that's the right word) that every single little piece of content that is something to DO they immediately believe it is a complete waste of time, and they complain about it?

You may not like it. You don't have to play it if you don't want to. But don't come here immediately assuming that everyone else agree's with you, because others are probably enjoying themselves, and like this interesting way about getting to this special mission.

And those that do agree with you? Totally fine, but it's not everyone.

I understand criticism is required in this game, but sheesh, sometimes people's attempt at criticism just comes off as completely narcissistic, immediately assuming your opinion and your 'criticism' is the overall opinion of the community.

Instead of saying "DE IS FORCING PLAYERS TO DO THIS! IT'S BS! CHANGE IT!", perhaps phrase it as "DE is making a tedious mission, here's why I don't like it" instead.

Seriously.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, GreyDeath789 said:

This seems pretty lame. Wanting to do the "Emissary derelict" nodes you must do "outbreak missions" which are really just invasion missions.

The rewards for these invasion...er..sorry...outbreak...missions aren't even special. Seems like a cheap way to get people to play underplayed content...just in a bad way imo.

Forcing players to do side missions? Oh wow. I guess that I just forced myself to obtained the final reward of the Emissary Nightwave. When you are still low rank in the Emissary Nightwave, it doesn't mean you can blame the content right away. You are just lazy. If you want to get the free stuffs, you have to work for it. I just enjoy nightwave missions since it gives me purpose to play this game and the freebies. 

• Like 2

For everyone saying you're being forced into doing things for Nightwave: The word you're looking for is bribed.

Really, the entire point of Nightwave is to get people to play different parts of the game than they normally would. Whether its because they don't enjoy it, or because they have already done it to death. But, instead of taking the time to go in and improve those aspects of the game to make them more attractive, they simply added another set of shiny new toys to tempt you into it.

Its sad that DE has resorted to this. And its even sadder that it has been so effective so far.

1 minute ago, Teljaxx said:

For everyone saying you're being forced into doing things for Nightwave: The word you're looking for is bribed.

Really, the entire point of Nightwave is to get people to play different parts of the game than they normally would. Whether its because they don't enjoy it, or because they have already done it to death. But, instead of taking the time to go in and improve those aspects of the game to make them more attractive, they simply added another set of shiny new toys to tempt you into it.

Its sad that DE has resorted to this. And its even sadder that it has been so effective so far.

It's free content. You're not being bribed. WTH is wrong with you entitled people? If a content makes you feel bad, just don't participate in it. Enough said.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GreyDeath789 said:

Sorry, who's forcing you to do them? Does someone have a gun to your head?

No?

Thought so...

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Teljaxx said:

🙄

It's an alternative, repeatable option to let you get to Rank 30 and/or beyond easier, which some critics of Nightwave have even been asking for.

Call it whatever you want, it's there. You can take it or you can leave it. Nothing sad about it.

Edited by KnossosTNC