Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forcing players to do Invasion missions for NIghtwave?

GreyDeath789

WTF is up with these dogS#&$ Nightwave missions and its rewards? And the only loot is some S#&$ sigil? Which invasion are you more willing to do, the one that gives you a forma BP, or the one that gives you a mutagen mass?

Just ast "they are only cosmetics", and "nobody is forcing us to pay for lootboxes", nobody is forcing us to do the infestation invasion mission either, that's not the point. The poin is that in order to advance the Nightwave garbage, wich is already an annoying waste of time compared to the old alert system in itself anyway, we have to do the most boring invasion missions with no meaningful, in fact the most worthless rewards whatsoever.

You only need one sigil only once, and 1500 standing is virtually nothing.

Edited by LostMilip

42 minutes ago, LostMilip said:

You only need one sigil only once, and 1500 standing is virtually nothing.

I mean, each rank's only 10K standing, so it's 15% of a rank.
15% for a mission you can do more than once a day's a relatively good chunk, once you consider the daily acts are 1,000. And you can get those done during the outbreaks.

Also, I'm still not seeing a problem with events involving old content. But then again, I'm used to games who increase drop rates in old missions, temporarily add different loot to old drop tables, or have reward campaigns for completing old content a certain number of times.

3 minutes ago, VocalMagic said:

I mean, each rank's only 10K standing, so it's 15% of a rank.
15% for a mission you can do more than once a day's a relatively good chunk, once you consider the daily acts are 1,000. And you can get those done during the outbreaks.

Also, I'm still not seeing a problem with events involving old content. But then again, I'm used to games who increase drop rates in old missions, temporarily add different loot to old drop tables, or have reward campaigns for completing old content a certain number of times.

About that, I played 9 outbreak missions but only got two keys for the new node, apparently not all outbreaks can give you the key, in this case I think you should get more per mission akin to Arena tokens which you spend to play the harder nodes, otherwise the mission should give you at least 3000 rep.

1 minute ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

About that, I played 9 outbreak missions but only got two keys for the new node, apparently not all outbreaks can give you the key, in this case I think you should get more per mission akin to Arena tokens which you spend to play the harder nodes, otherwise the mission should give you at least 3000 rep.

It's one key every time an invasion occurs on a planet, but the infested invasions seem to be popping up more frequently. Or maybe that's just because I haven't paid attention to how often the invasions occur before the Nightwave act. The progress towards that planet's key is displayed over the nightwave banner.

And 3K rep is a bit out-of-depth, because that's 2/3rds of a weekly act reward, and 3 times the daily act reward. And, I admit I mught just imagining things or I might just have been playing at a lucky time, but a new invasion seems to pop up every hour or so.

1.5 times the rep of a daily act every hour's a decent clip.

Just now, VanFanel1980mx said:

All the more reason to give more standing per run.

Reducing intervals for standing gains and increasing rewards is indeed a way to make Nightwave ranks go by faster. Nightwaves are not designed to be finished in a week, they're meant to stretch over 2 months or so. That said, there is no question that the time left to complete this current Nightwave is decreasing, and there are people who haven't gotten quite as far as others.

So, in order to compensate for the players who aren't as enthusiastic as others, this Nightwave season has a method that, both, increases the standing gained for an objective, and shortens the interval between attempts.

It's not meant to be a replacement for daily acts, it's not meant to be a replacement for weekly acts. It's supplemental to the two.
If it was, as a catch-up mechanic, was replacing the daily acts, then yes. It would not be doing its job at 1.5K standing per run, considering the time it takes to get to that run. It's a supplementary source of standing that can be completed alongside the standard, daily, source of standing.

It's a third pool of activities you can use to advance, rather than the be-all end-all way to complete your Nightwave

6 hours ago, (PS4)Razgriz_Wolf26 said:

It's free content. You're not being bribed. WTH is wrong with you entitled people? If a content makes you feel bad, just don't participate in it. Enough said.

Good lord... Can't say anything negative about Nightwave without people acting like I kicked their dog or something. I am basically agreeing with you by trying to tell these people that they aren't being forced into anything. Even though that typical dismissive "don't like don't play" attitude is still just as counterproductive as ever.

Plus, it is still bribery. No one is forcing you to take the bribe, but that is still what DE is offering.

6 hours ago, KnossosTNC said:

🙄

It's an alternative, repeatable option to let you get to Rank 30 and/or beyond easier, which some critics of Nightwave have even been asking for.

Call it whatever you want, it's there. You can take it or you can leave it. Nothing sad about it.

I wasn't criticizing these new missions in particular. I was trying to point out how silly it is that the OP was complaining that these missions are recycled content like its a new problem. Because that's all Nightwave has ever been.

I actually like these derelict missions. Because they are just that: Missions. They even have a couple new enemies. This is what Nightwave needs more of, not just the boring, repetitive, achievement style challenges that are all it otherwise offers. They aren't fully repeatable, however. You can only get one derelict key per planet, so you are limited by however many outbreaks are currently going on.

Still, its nice to have at least a little more to do than just a couple hours of challenges each week. Its also nice that the new zealot squads finally actually offer a useful amount of standing, too. Only giving 50 was completely pointless.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, VocalMagic said:

Nightwaves are not designed to be finished in a week, they're meant to stretch over 2 months or so. That said, there is no question that the time left to complete this current Nightwave is decreasing, and there are people who haven't gotten quite as far as others.

I got all regular rewards but having no alerts has severely cut down my usual supply of potatoes and 15 cred per rank is a joke, it doesn't offset what I used to gather without even having to play all day for every random potato alert.

Every mission is essentially the same...

run in kill some dudes.
with maybe a secondary objective... survive with limited life support, rescue a dude, kidnap a dude, rescue some other dudes while having limited life support, defend a point, defend a moving point.

what do you want? if you expect new ways to play, stop running endless survivals or defences, or waiting for night on cetus to abuse some eidolons and actually play the game for fun.

I haven't had much positive to say about Nightwave so far but I didn't mind this at all, there's not really any reason to do them except for the standing so if you don't care about that you can just ignore they exist, which is how I like content to be: no coaxing people into playing through content they don't care about by dangling carrots in their faces, unlike "regular" Nightwave (though the length of the season has kinda helped with that issue this time around, now if we only knew beforehand how long seasons would run I could maybe even accept Nightwave as something, if not positive, at least not negative either).

Wish there were longer/harder variants of these missions as just having a Mesa clean up everything every time got kinda old. Maybe with the next episode we'll get an endless variant or so.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, GreyDeath789 said:

This seems pretty lame. Wanting to do the "Emissary derelict" nodes you must do "outbreak missions" which are really just invasion missions.

Forcing people to play these missions? Because there is no need/interest in playing them anymore? Many (most?) players don't need the rewards from the missions so ignore them...but now they are required to get access to a node. Is DE too busy(lazy?) to make new content and instead simply reuses existing, underused, missions?

The rewards for these invasion...er..sorry...outbreak...missions aren't even special. Seems like a cheap way to get people to play underplayed content...just in a bad way imo.

Actually, Infested Outbreaks are invasions from infested... Which were already there to begin with. Except that it makes now sense, because Arlo and his devotees are using the infested like that.

Also, imagine if a player needed Fieldron, Mass Mutagens, Detonite Injectors for something.

12 hours ago, GreyDeath789 said:

Hehe funny people. Already at rank 32...it is just the weak way of making people play old/outdated missions instead of refreshing the content.

So you're saying that you are already at rank 32, YET you complain that the people are playing outdated missions rather than refreshing the content, because they are "Forced to play these"? I'm sorry, but is the word "optional" difficult to digest? Especially if you are at the final rank?

9 hours ago, Teljaxx said:

For everyone saying you're being forced into doing things for Nightwave: The word you're looking for is bribed.

Really, the entire point of Nightwave is to get people to play different parts of the game than they normally would. Whether its because they don't enjoy it, or because they have already done it to death. But, instead of taking the time to go in and improve those aspects of the game to make them more attractive, they simply added another set of shiny new toys to tempt you into it.

Its sad that DE has resorted to this. And its even sadder that it has been so effective so far.

So you mean that i got bribed into using the forma rather than stockpiling it, play other missions for the sake of stuff, opening relics, doing kuva survival to get kuva, managing to get medallions, doing syndicate missions, defeating bosses and/or doing bounty missions?

With most of the challenges being optional? Wow, i guess that free content now means bribe... Sorry, but i don't believe that.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

Knew it. It was only a matter of time.

I know, right? 

Having to play the game to play the game. The humanity!

12 hours ago, KnossosTNC said:

I just like how these Infested Invasions no longer seem to spring out of nowhere in a vacuum, but are instead the work of Arlo and his followers. It just makes sense.

Are you sure about that? Or does causality flow in the other direction? The infestation could be using Arlo and Co. to further their agenda. Useful idiots to accelerate their absorption of the origin system. 

I like this repurposing of old content.
My only issue with this, is not that it's lazy or that we're being forced.
It's the same old issue with Nightwave:
It's built for the top of the Normal curve, for the 50%, the average, and it completely flies on the face of the extremes...
In my case i've already built everything that requires me to play invasions, and i've completed Nightwave, i only accumulate more creds to buy kuva and catalysts, because there's always a new weapon...

So my incentives to play these missions are very low... I still played them, to see what it was, what it meant, and i have to say, if i was a MR 15 player with Dojo weapons or invasion weapons to master, and hadn't finished Nightwave, or had all the stuff in the creds offerings? I'd be loving this to pieces. But in my current position, i'm doing it for the codex scans of the 2 new mobs in there, and that's it.

And this is the main issue with Nightwave. It's simply not designed for people at the highest or lowest MR, in those extremes, you're either just "forced" to do stuff you really don't need to do (like forma, nightmares, invasions and the now defunct gild missions) or if you're starting out, it's asking you to do stuff you can't or won't know what it even means.

But i do understand that the majority of people will fall in the part of the curve that is catered by Nightwave, and that the majority of people complaining in the forums, are more on my end of the curve. But it would be nice if DE started taking the oldest and more experienced players into account, and no Arbitrations doesn't do that.

14 hours ago, GreyDeath789 said:

This seems pretty lame. Wanting to do the "Emissary derelict" nodes you must do "outbreak missions" which are really just invasion missions.

Forcing people to play these missions? Because there is no need/interest in playing them anymore? Many (most?) players don't need the rewards from the missions so ignore them...but now they are required to get access to a node. Is DE too busy(lazy?) to make new content and instead simply reuses existing, underused, missions?

The rewards for these invasion...er..sorry...outbreak...missions aren't even special. Seems like a cheap way to get people to play underplayed content...just in a bad way imo.

No rewards?

You consider resources, ayatan statues, atayan stars and mos no rewards?

A statue that you find is an easy 10p and if you find a rare mod, you may get 3 statues, which you then keep for endo or sell for plat?

You are the kind that rushes missions aren't you, you run from point A to point B and expect the mission reward to be relevant.

Mission rewards are the cherry on top of the cake, you are indeed correct, why do invasion missions for a cherry? The reason is simple, not everyone does them for the cherry, it's the long term vision that counts, it might be the sigil, the scans, the reputation and even the rewards you get during the missions you have to do.

15 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

You are the kind that rushes missions aren't you, you run from point A to point B and expect the mission reward to be relevant.

I agree with you @KIREEK.  People would be surprised at all the items they can get from just one mission if they don't blaze through it.  

Because I don't blaze through every mission, I get tons of drop and items.  Enough to where I don't really even need to farm.  😀 

Don't get the OP's complaint to begin with. Once you've reached level 30 each NW step only yields 15 cred. Really not worth doing imho. It becomes obvious this is a catch-up mechanic for those trying to get to level 30 before the event ends.

• Like 1