Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GreyDeath789

Forcing players to do Invasion missions for NIghtwave?

Remember this is ALL still just a replacement of the old alerts system - the entire nightwave thing replaced alerts. Nightwave isn't new content in the same way alerts weren't new contents. Wait until after Railjack is released before making that assertion. 

Nightwave replaced alerts, the rest of the game is still there. They did such a good job of refreshing the alerts that it seems that users are mistaking it for new content. Alerts were always a system of getting users to replay the various nodes and systems, they were old and outdated and so were replaced with nightwave. 

So the criticisms are as valid as they always were. But nightwave is a shed load more engaging than the old alerts were. Enjoy the game, more's coming. A lot more. If not then, well done, you've completed Warframe. Moving on. 🙂

Il y a 5 heures, VanFanel1980mx a dit :

I got all regular rewards but having no alerts has severely cut down my usual supply of potatoes and 15 cred per rank is a joke, it doesn't offset what I used to gather without even having to play all day for every random potato alert.

I can't tell which side of the argument you are, can't be bothered to check all posts, not even responding to topic here. I just want to point out a single thing :

Not counting the noobfriendly first level 150 creds, the smaller intervalle between two 50 creds is 4 levels, happens only once iirc.

And now, 4x15 = 60 creds

It's way more than enough, you gain some at a higher rate than bellow lvl 30...

So how is that a joke ? Are you comparing a single lvl 30+ to many lvl -30 ? It's completely backward. And since you're specifically talking about 15 creds, I can only get that you're ok with lvl -30 acquisition rate then ? So why would a higher rate be a joke ?

Take everything into account, don't follow the hate train, most people aboard can't do basic math.

15 hours ago, GreyDeath789 said:

Hehe funny people. Already at rank 32...it is just the weak way of making people play old/outdated missions instead of refreshing the content.

You're only at 32? How many challenges did you skip? 

2 hours ago, Sloan441 said:

I know, right? 

Having to play the game to play the game. The humanity!

Are you sure about that? Or does causality flow in the other direction? The infestation could be using Arlo and Co. to further their agenda. Useful idiots to accelerate their absorption of the origin system. 

I think the details are still fuzzy on who's controlling who here. Or I misunderstood the episode.

Either way, it's a neat connecting point.

8 minutes ago, (NSW)Mycroft said:

Remember this is ALL still just a replacement of the old alerts system - the entire nightwave thing replaced alerts. Nightwave isn't new content in the same way alerts weren't new contents. Wait until after Railjack is released before making that assertion. 

Nightwave replaced alerts, the rest of the game is still there. They did such a good job of refreshing the alerts that it seems that users are mistaking it for new content. Alerts were always a system of getting users to replay the various nodes and systems, they were old and outdated and so were replaced with nightwave. 

So the criticisms are as valid as they always were. But nightwave is a shed load more engaging than the old alerts were. Enjoy the game, more's coming. A lot more. If not then, well done, you've completed Warframe. Moving on. 🙂

This fine Tenno knows a thing or two.  I agree with everything he/she just said.  Thank you fellow Tenno for stating a truth.  

The playerbase makes my head spin, sometimes.

In the span of this Nightwave series and the tail end of the previous one, I've seen what boils down to:

Series 1 of Nightwave

>Game wants me to grind too much content I don't want to do for rewards I don't want.

Weh

Series 2 of Nightwave

>Game wants me to grind too much content I don't want to do for rewards I do want.

Weh

Also Series 2 of Nightwave

>The game gave me content to grind but I am already rank 30. It is too easy.

Weh

Nightwave Series 2, but Episode 4:

>Game wants me to grind easy content I don't want to do for a reward that I do want.

Weh

In another thread on page 1 of these forums:

>Game gives wallet warriors the option to opt out of grinding they don't want to do for a reward they want, rather than forcing them to grind like me.

Weh

On the Facebook Feed for Nightwave announcements:

>Game wants me, a wallet warrior, to grind too much content I don't want to do for rewards I want without giving me the option to buy it outright.

Weh

Just want to draw attention to how surreal this is, and the fact that because everyone is reasonably displeased, this is probably the correct way to handle Nightwave/Nothing will change. I don't understand how, as a developer, you're supposed to process "we want polished content, we don't want polished content, we want to pay to skip, we want to force people to grind, we don't want to grind, there's not enough, there's too much" without going insane or tuning it out.

Maybe just don't play it if you don't like it. Respect that some content isn't for you, and play the content that is. 

I'm ok with it. People complains too much about everything, this is reaching the nonsense, the absurd.

Oh, no! Now I realized how World of Warcraft forced me to go through content for 8 years. Sad, but you have opened my mind at least.

17 hours ago, KnossosTNC said:

Again, if you're already past rank 30, what's the problem? If you don't need or want the 1,500 Standing, then there is no reason for you to play it. You can just go back to ignoring it as usual.

I just like how these Infested Invasions no longer seem to spring out of nowhere in a vacuum, but are instead the work of Arlo and his followers. It just makes sense.

Creds for kuva my friend !

Its easy rep just take it or not up to you.

I'll take the extra badges for kuva or potatoes.  I do hope we get an actual boss though.

2 hours ago, C_MAJOR said:

The playerbase makes my head spin, sometimes.

In the span of this Nightwave series and the tail end of the previous one, I've seen what boils down to:

Series 1 of Nightwave

>Game wants me to grind too much content I don't want to do for rewards I don't want.

Weh

Series 2 of Nightwave

>Game wants me to grind too much content I don't want to do for rewards I do want.

Weh

Also Series 2 of Nightwave

>The game gave me content to grind but I am already rank 30. It is too easy.

Weh

Nightwave Series 2, but Episode 4:

>Game wants me to grind easy content I don't want to do for a reward that I do want.

Weh

In another thread on page 1 of these forums:

>Game gives wallet warriors the option to opt out of grinding they don't want to do for a reward they want, rather than forcing them to grind like me.

Weh

On the Facebook Feed for Nightwave announcements:

>Game wants me, a wallet warrior, to grind too much content I don't want to do for rewards I want without giving me the option to buy it outright.

Weh

Just want to draw attention to how surreal this is, and the fact that because everyone is reasonably displeased, this is probably the correct way to handle Nightwave/Nothing will change. I don't understand how, as a developer, you're supposed to process "we want polished content, we don't want polished content, we want to pay to skip, we want to force people to grind, we don't want to grind, there's not enough, there's too much" without going insane or tuning it out.

Maybe just don't play it if you don't like it. Respect that some content isn't for you, and play the content that is. 

My only complaint is not getting enough cred to buy as many potatoes as I used to get from alerts, running out of tasks slows down my progression when the only thing left is 15 cred every 10,000 rep which then I can't reach until next week, and now I can only run one outbreak (3 missions) per planet to get one key so I can get only 1500 rep which falls short when I need to grind 10,000 several times.

1 hour ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

My only complaint is not getting enough cred to buy as many potatoes as I used to get from alerts, running out of tasks slows down my progression when the only thing left is 15 cred every 10,000 rep which then I can't reach until next week, and now I can only run one outbreak (3 missions) per planet to get one key so I can get only 1500 rep which falls short when I need to grind 10,000 several times.

I would rather say that's because the recent Gifts of the Lotus haven't been the usual potatoe rewards, since potatoes from regular alerts were always once in a blue moon and were no way any kind of main source of them.

i suppose it's an ok way to try and encourage people to play invasions more, after all they dont really offer anything of worth when you have the limited rewards they offer or just arent interested in them in the first place, it is only a shame this new system makes you do 3 emissary invasion missions to get a code, then you have to do a 4th mission (sucks if that ends up being a 10 wave def mission) and after all that you only get a measly 1.5k standing increase and garbage drops, i dont get how the pathetic reward is worth 4 missions worth of tedium.

18 hours ago, Ady88 said:

Isn't that the whole point of Nightwave in the first place?

nope the point of nightwave is to make people stay in the game longer and maybe/hopefully visit the market and spend plat when doing so, the old system you could just exit the game and only pop in when an alert cropped up that rewarded something you wanted, now you have to play and grind away to be able to get stuff.

More timegating at its finest, because we just dont have enough of it already.

On 2019-09-05 at 11:13 AM, GreyDeath789 said:

Forcing people to play these missions? Because there is no need/interest in playing them anymore?

This is literally all nightwave is. S1, intermission, S2.... random assortment of missions, as prescribed by DE. Some old, some new. 

Nightwave is just something you can do organically. There was never a need to 100% everything in nightwave, and these are no different. If you don't need the rep, and don't want the invasion rewards, then don't do them.

I'm not disagreeing with you per see, just pointing out the obvious. Nightwave is boring af if you're only after the top tier rewards. 8 weeks of grind, then stop until the next one.

As pointed out by almost everyone else, you're not being forced to do these. They seem to be a different "catch-up" for those who might've missed some challenges, or to keep moving through the prestige ranks if your really need more emissary credits.

On 2019-09-05 at 9:13 AM, GreyDeath789 said:

Seems like a cheap way to get people to play underplayed content...just in a bad way imo.

DE doesn't benefit from players playing recycled content anyways, especially Invasions which are always running whether people play them or not. Way I see it, the Emissary missions are a way of integrating NW with the rest of the Warframe world and story. They also net you scans for a few new enemies, a Sigil, and 1.5k NW Standing. I did a couple of them for the free Standing (still need Mutagen Masses so Invasions were beneficial), but I didn't need to do them and I didn't feel forced to.  

On 2019-09-05 at 9:13 AM, GreyDeath789 said:

Forcing people to play these missions?

What makes you feel forced to play these missions? The stuff they unlock isn't needed. The only real benefits I can see to them are for Codex completionists, and for players who were on hiatus from the game and need a way to catch up on missed Standing.

hey you want the rep? then you will endure it, otherwise you wait for a different bounty instead of whining, i swear kids these days...

You people are so entitled it’s an option for extra standing and incentives for doing invasions because nobody does them. God forbid the game asks you to do syndicate missions.

On 2019-09-04 at 9:13 PM, GreyDeath789 said:

This seems pretty lame. Wanting to do the "Emissary derelict" nodes you must do "outbreak missions" which are really just invasion missions.

Forcing people to play these missions? Because there is no need/interest in playing them anymore? Many (most?) players don't need the rewards from the missions so ignore them...but now they are required to get access to a node. Is DE too busy(lazy?) to make new content and instead simply reuses existing, underused, missions?

The rewards for these invasion...er..sorry...outbreak...missions aren't even special. Seems like a cheap way to get people to play underplayed content...just in a bad way imo.

Y’all love to say this “iF yOu dOnT LIeK wUt De Iz d0in g0 pLEi sUM eLzE iTs THeIr GeME iTs tHeR DEsIZiOn” all jokes aside you don’t have to do it 

On 2019-09-04 at 6:13 PM, GreyDeath789 said:

This seems pretty lame. Wanting to do the "Emissary derelict" nodes you must do "outbreak missions" which are really just invasion missions.There is no "must" no one is force you to do anything. DE did not try to hide that they're invasion missions as they're listed under the invasion tab.

Forcing people to play these missions? See above. Because there is no need/interest in playing them anymore? Seems like they created a need, to me. Many (most?) players don't need the rewards from the missions so ignore them. Well, if you "must" do them, then evidently you "need" the rewards, amirite?..but now they are required to get access to a node. Um, boohoo? Is DE too busy(lazy?) Are you too busy/lazy - to make new content and instead simply reuses existing, underused, missions? - to spend 15 minutes doing the three missions (6 if you're in Gauss) then follow up with a final mission? If you have all the rewards and items you need, what are you so busy with that you can't  do these missions?

The rewards for these invasion...er..sorry...outbreak...missions aren't even special. If they aren't that special, then where's the "Players need to do this to ..." Or "Players must..." Seems like a cheap way to get people to play underplayed content... I think it displays a proper level of ingenuity to try to revive some old content and make it fresh. I doubt this is the end-product. just in a bad way imo.

Couple problems with your post, I will write-in bold.

/thread

How often can i repeat those missions for standing? And with this I mean: How often can I get a Zealot key per planet? Right now i am 6/3 on Mars. I got a Zealot Key for 3/3. but for the second invasion i completed on Mars I didn't get a key. Does this reset after a time? I really would like to grind out some standing, as I fear that I might not make it before the season is over. And I don't have much to do anyway.