Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Vault: Hotfix 25.7.4 + 25.7.4.1

[DE]Megan

I think you should lean the other way DE, we've talked about a system for Sortie Tokens, Universal Medallions isn't much different. I'm all for allowing people to grind their prefered content for rewards that have other, faster ways to grind it if it means they get to enjoy the spoils of their prefered game modes. Tailoring Warframe's grind to one's own preference is a plus.

If it possible please allow option for graphic roll back

at least can switch it on/off

This game look much better before texture update ... it like you compare JPG to RAW ... less dynamic for both lighting and color everything look cheap ... 
People pay money for the beautiful cosmetic now it ruined ... 

Sad about the reversal of Universal Medallions. Where I live, I can only get janky satellite internet, which means joining any other players is a guaranteed 1000ms. I can work around it for some things, (at the cost of face-planting doors constantly while waiting for them to open) but there is no way I could play pvp with that latency to get the cosmetics I was interested in. It wouldn't be fair on my team mates. As it is I feel redundant doing PvE group content like Tridolon fights because the time spent bouncing between operator and warframe usually has a limb already dead without me hitting it. (getting better at timing that though!)

Would like the Dojo crashing to be looked at though, as soon as you have time. I can't interact with any research labs without crashing the game, including the dye console in Tenno Lab.

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Shawzin Changes & Fixes:

• Added custom Shawzin keybind settings for keyboard and controller!
    • Keyboard defaults are: Fret keys have moved from mouse to arrow keys.
    • Controller defaults are: Exit is now the start button (unbindable) so it does not cause accidental Shawzin exits. Notes are defaulted to the bottom three buttons. 

Thank you for this. Imma check this out and see how this feels (but I'm pretty sure it'll be better than the mouse buttons)... xD

Universal Syndicate Medallion Change:
As stated in Update 25.7.0, the Universal Syndicate Medallion is now useable for Ventkids and Simaris Standing! After some internal discussion and player feedback, we decided against allowing the Universal Medallion to apply to Conclave. It didn’t feel right to add a PvE path for a PvP gamemode, especially towards those you have actively played Conclave to get their Standing. Apologies for the chain yank!

This is a good call. Didn't really know how to put it in words... Now all we need are dedicated servers... xD

Cheers, DE.

3 minutes ago, Askaris said:

Still busted I'm afraid.

Here's some screenshots of them:

excal apex here has a very shiny bum. 

eBi4MFV.png

You can see in the middle of Frost's chest a very crisp reflection. Usually this would be diffused and softer.

d4e1iKv.png

Volt has always been very shiny, but here he's just pure specular.

PDan3L7.png

Trinity's middle blue section is very mirror-like.

dED4HKF.png

Mesa's leather straps on her legs (which are creased and leather-like) are also very shiny.

glDT2H5.png 

il y a 20 minutes, anfuerudo a dit :

Because timezones, my friend, is a thing. The majority of my clan is from the US and we have some seven hour difference. As for the others from our alliance? Well, they have everything they ever wanted from Conclave so they don't want to waste time on it, and waste of time it is. Any other great ideas?

Yes, Ask player that have the same Timezone to play with you . Shouldnt be that hard to find someone to farm with you

5 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

We’ve applied a shader change to the entire game for an overall wash of the dull metal textures to reduce roughness. This should be most noticed on characters (Warframes, Operators, etc) where your Fashionframe eye is trained to spot imperfection.

Please keep in mind that even though rendering is more accurate/consistent now, some legacy materials could suffer. Let us know if you spot something funky! 

Some before and after screenshot comparisons:

Pre mainline:

Spoiler

WyJH5wu.jpg

25.7.4:

Spoiler

p5nfuQT.jpg

25.7.4.1:

Spoiler

0qVKoQt.jpg

Adaptive exposure in 25.7.4.1:

Spoiler

KrTybEw.jpg

Side by side comparison:

ahzWj1P.png

Notes:

Some objects no longer cast shadows correctly or at all. Some shadows suddenly switch position when the player moves around.

There is something not right with indirect lighting/occlusion. See Equinox's face (and possibly the floor too).

The "overly glowing ice texture" fix in 25.7.4.1 seems to have fixed the nasty looking crystals in 25.7.4. Has it gone too far though? They look a bit dull and flat now.

Adaptive exposure is very aggressive compared to pre mainline. It seems to adapt to the loadout menu. I am using the Equinox UI theme, which is a "dark theme".

This adaptation is the opposite of what I would expect. In very dark scenes, adaptive exposure should overexpose the image so you can see things in poor lighting, right? Post mainline update, adaptive exposure darkens the image in response to the loadout menu. Then you wait at the arsenal screen like in the screenshots above and adaptive exposure will gradually overexpose the image until you get the 4th screenshot (in spoiler tags). This takes about 30 seconds. Its way too bright to look it for more than a few seconds without getting a headache.

After some internal discussion and player feedback, we decided against allowing the Universal Medallion to apply to Conclave. It didn’t feel right to add a PvE path for a PvP gamemode, especially towards those you have actively played Conclave to get their Standing. Apologies for the chain yank!

Who TF still plays conclave enough to be elitist about it

1 hour ago, CDelacroix said:

Way to placate an infinitesimally small group of players to the detriment of everyone else. Conclave is a dead mode, and that isn't going to change. Instead of following through with this change, you chose you ensure that the content it provides will forever remain locked off to anybody who wasn't around while it had some semblance of activity.

You've definitely missed the mark here.

Kinda like how a minuscule amount of players complained about Hema research costs getting reduced because of "muh accomplishment."

It seems that a tiny few players have so much more sway then the rest of us.

3 minutes ago, iLightning13 said:

Here's some screenshots of them:

Reveal hidden contents

excal apex here has a very shiny bum. 

eBi4MFV.png

You can see in the middle of Frost's chest a very crisp reflection. Usually this would be diffused and softer.

d4e1iKv.png

Volt has always been very shiny, but here he's just pure specular.

PDan3L7.png

Trinity's middle blue section is very mirror-like.

dED4HKF.png

Mesa's leather straps on her legs (which are creased and leather-like) are also very shiny.

glDT2H5.png 

Yeah, this looks all too familiar. Here's the current state of my Nova, which is a rather glossy frame to begin with:

GJsa4g7h.jpg

After some internal discussion and player feedback, we decided against allowing the Universal Medallion to apply to Conclave.

To be honest that would be the only way i would want to level it at all.
Conclave and conclave rewards are not significant enough to be humiliated there.
I mean why would i trade feeling like an immortal ninja for some conclave ass whipping handed to me xD i am not an FPS player.

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed ‘PICK UP KUVA CATALYST’ being incorrecting translated in Japanese.

"incorrecting" is my new favourite word xD

il y a 1 minute, MarrikBroom a dit :

Not everyone has north americ'as player density. Maybe he can't find people on his endof the world to play ball. Maybe he doens't want to jump through five diffrnet hoops because DE decided to dangle this carrot out and then yak it aside. Do you feel so threatened tht the idea of someone not going thorugh getting teabagged continuously or sniped from people they can't see that you willingly argue in favor of people in a primarily PvE game that live in very population thin servers With bad internet that have high ping to just' suck it up'?

THe arrogence you have. The sheer bloody arrogence. It's still a grind even with the medallions. Just a kind that people are already equipped to deal with.

Except thoses skins are for player who played conclave. And nothing stop you to get them via conclave. also I never seen anybody TeaBagged me in thoses gamemodes. Im sorry if you experienced that.

Disruption Changes:

• Disruption Arbitration now requires 8 completed Conduits to extract. It was always meant to be 8, but Mainline didn’t include that change!
    • Rewards are still given every other round: 4 Conduits per Round = 2 Rounds to extract.

As stated in Update 25.7.0, the Universal Syndicate Medallion is now useable for Ventkids and Simaris Standing! After some internal discussion and player feedback, we decided against allowing the Universal Medallion to apply to Conclave. It didn’t feel right to add a PvE path for a PvP gamemode, especially towards those you have actively played Conclave to get their Standing. Apologies for the chain yank!

Really... you're now adding in a minimum duration to disruption arbitrations.... well not going to do that then...

Universal syndicate medallions not working on conclave standing... well that removes the only reason for me to bother with that game mode once I have gauss/weapons.  I don't need creds, I can get kuva at a faster or equal rate on other modes and I don't need more relics as I'm already overloaded.  The only thing remotely interesting and/or worth returning for was the fact I could (slowly) level up conclave standing with the universal medallion if it dropped... it isn't even a common drop so it's not like it's going to suddenly make us speed through conclave ranks at a stupid rate.

The universal medallion has no real use for someone who is mr27 max standing on pretty much all the main syndicates, I can max out my simaris standing in a few days by doing the daily scans (not that theres much other than companion rivens to spend it on) which is far far quicker than 1k per medallion with their 5% drop chance... hell I can max out a normal syndicate within a week from normal 'grinding' and that's without using their own medallions. 

I'm not going to play conclave because of the issues it has as a game mode (note I like quake/unreal tournament style pvp...).  Stopping me from levelling with the medallion isn't going to suddenly change my mind and make me play it... it needs a complete overhaul before that would happen.  

The shine and reflection are back! Now my edgelord Nekros looks clad in silver and not in plaster! Props in your general direction for addressing this problem with polished metals.

I'm checking other materials like the golden rims of my Scimitar with Sotz Skin livery. They look accurate to the material of Sentients and isn't reflecting like a mirror like before the Saint of Arta update, which is a plus. Gotta love your material accuracy shader now; it only needed some tweaking in the end! Kudos!

PS: Perhaps you have seen it but the rubber floor from our orbiter looks like someone tipped a bucket of water when you look at it and move your camera up, when from the texture it has, it should be some kind of anti-slippery rubber (?) Some other matte surfaces are having the same problem, specially on Operators' flesh.

putwaxpolishwashintensifies.gif

Guess that's the reason everything looks so waxed and polished.

Archived