Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Vault: Hotfix 25.7.4 + 25.7.4.1

[DE]Megan

11 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Universal Syndicate Medallion Change:

Welp, now the universal medallions are dead to me, and conclave will stay dead. Conclave was the only thing I had any intention of using the medallions on, and this just makes them pretty worthless. 1000 standing is such a tiny number relative to its droprate, but I was willing to overlook that if it meant I didn't have to touch pvp in a pve game. Thanks for cluttering the drop tables with another useless drop I guess.

Fixed Toroids not dropping from non-Raknoid enemies at Spaceport, Research Base, and Temple of Profit in Orb Vallis.

This definitely explains why I wasn't having any luck in 3+ hours of toroid farming....

It didn’t feel right to add a PvE path for a PvP gamemode, especially towards those you have actively played Conclave to get their Standing.

The problem with this reasoning is that it can be applied to the people who grinded through Osteron and Fortuna standing (or any other standing for that matter).... you could argue it makes someone having actively played bounties or spent all that time mining or fishing or hunting feel like the effort/time spent was worthless just like the people who spent the time to play PvP feeling it would make their effort/time spent worthless.

4 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

That's the plan 🙂 

If you do more PVP, just keep in mind that some of the playerbase is fundamentally and totally NOT INTERESTED.  If there are any permanent rewards (cosmetics, weapons, whatever) that require PVP to earn, there will be a large amount of complaining from people who feel they are being unfairly "locked out" because it is gated behind a mode they do not want to participate in.  There will also be a large amount of complaining about "leechers" and AFK behavior from actual PVP fans.  Because the people who don't completely refuse to PVP will simply enter the match and then do as little as possible to get their reward and go back to doing something they actually enjoy.

12 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Universal Syndicate Medallion Change:
As stated in Update 25.7.0, the Universal Syndicate Medallion is now useable for Ventkids and Simaris Standing! After some internal discussion and player feedback, we decided against allowing the Universal Medallion to apply to Conclave. It didn’t feel right to add a PvE path for a PvP gamemode, especially towards those you have actively played Conclave to get their Standing. Apologies for the chain yank!

Boooo. So getting unimedallion drop in disruption went from "Well neat, now I'll be able to progress in the conclave in a way that won't make me hate the game, albait slowly" to a "Well that's a rotation wasted." 

And this "if other people can also get stuff it's worth less" mindset is really awful and should never ever be catered to. 

7 minutes ago, ExcaliburUmbra said:

maybe featuring more PvP events to help drum up interest and boost the player count.

Last time I took part in a Conclave event all the feedback I saw was from established Conclave players complaining about how they couldn't enjoy the event because of all the noobs.  As one of those noobs just there for the event, it didn't really intice me to keep playing after it ended.

12 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

Oh come on, no one plays and no one wants to play Conclave, let people get those rewards without having to go through that terrible game mode that shouldn't even be in the game to begin with.

I conclave player made a complaint directly to steve on Twitter iirc. If you have an issue might I suggest a discussion starting there...

Cool, guess it's back to waiting strictly for Infestation Excavations since nothing else for Arbitrations is quicker.

When exactly are Arbitrations having their reward distributions reworked? Cuz so far we've seen a revive mechanic get added which, while nice, nobody necessarily wanted; and the scaling was changed to match the rest of the game to make them even more of a turnoff.

15 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

we decided against allowing the Universal Medallion to apply to Conclave. It didn’t feel right to add a PvE path for a PvP gamemode, especially towards those you have actively played Conclave to get their Standing

universal medallions are extra worthless. got it. 

another pointless edition to the game

16 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Conduit Keys on the ground for a matching Conduit will be removed as soon as it is activate

you will regret this, that is a promise.

17 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Gauss’ battery meter now builds when Reviving a teammate!

so no changes to how awful redline builds or increasing the base range of his 3

18 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed Akarius ammo parts not hiding with invisible frames (Loki, Ivara, etc).  

how about you fix that 20 ammo max so I dont want to kill myself before the weapon's self damage does it for me

Just now, MokutoBunshi said:

I conclave player made a complaint directly to steve on Twitter iirc. If you have an issue might I suggest a discussion starting there...

Cheers for helping lock players away from a syndicate's rewards for another few months while they rework something that fundamentally will never work in the game without tonnes of work (which they don't have time to do, as they're busy making actual content right now).

22 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

After some internal discussion and player feedback, we decided against allowing the Universal Medallion to apply to Conclave.

Lol, just remove them from the game then, the only thing it is doing is diluting the drop tables, nobody is interested in farming for a medallion that only gives 1k standing when there is already plenty of other ways of getting standing and other way better medallions out there, the only appeal those had was for conclave, and no, nobody will start playing conclave because you decided not to apply those medallions to conclave.

I was actually interested in playing disruption since you promised those medallions would apply to conclave, now i literally have 0 reason to play the new game mode, kuva rewards are abysmal, nobody need some fancy lua lenses to farm focus, gauss and weapons are farmed, and now the medallion is useless ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Archived