Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Conclave 2.0 :)

(PSN)sweatshawp

16 minutes ago, S.Dust said:

Just realized I made a mistake my first post on here should have said the community is already too toxic and brainwashed to hate conclave so don't expect support for conclave improvements.

You say "brainwashed" as though nobody tried conclave and left it alone thereafter because, as the kids say these days, it was 'teh suxxorz'.

5 minutes ago, Sajochi said:

Hasn't this been explained to you already multiple times? Why do you not listen?

Oh, I see. "Community is toxic and my ideas are perfect." Because a few people disagreeing with you in the forums = a toxic community. High horse much?

There is definitely bias against anything PvP in this community. As evidenced by how often you see "it's a PvE game", "just remove it", "play another game". And in this thread, I've already earned some "HaHa" reactions (thanks for the rep, btw), although all I really did was make 2 suggestions and explain the state of things.

Spoiler

A2A7qHM.png

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Kontrollo said:

There is definitely bias against anything PvP in this community. As evidenced by how often you see "it's a PvE game", "just remove it", "play another game". And in this thread, I've already earned some "HaHa" reactions (thanks for the rep, btw), although all I really did was make 2 suggestions and explain the state of things.

Reveal hidden contents

A2A7qHM.png

Here's a tip, don't care about reactions. They're imaginary points anyways. As for PvP, I don't care either way of it gets improved or not.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Sajochi said:

Hasn't this been explained to you already multiple times? Why do you not listen?

Oh, I see. "Community is toxic and my ideas are perfect." Because a few people disagreeing with you in the forums = a toxic community. High horse much?

While I do agree his last statement could’ve been worded bettr I’m trying to incite progressive conversation if you don’t have any suggestions nor care for the thread at hand you’re welcome to skip it and not interact with us! I hope you have a nice day I won’t reply to anything else you say unless it’s const towards the conversation 

Edited by (PS4)sweatshawp

Just now, Sajochi said:

Here's a tip, don't care about reactions. They're imaginary points anyways. As for PvP, I don't care either way of it gets improved or not.

Yeah, I don't really care about reactions. I mentioned it just to underline my point.

And I don't think there's anything wrong with not caring about PvP, either. I'm of the opinion that everyone should focus on the parts in this game that they like and play those. This game is akin to an amusement park.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Iamabearlulz said:

You say "brainwashed" as though nobody tried conclave and left it alone thereafter because, as the kids say these days, it was 'teh suxxorz'.

No one plays it cause everyone says it sucks leaving people who have never played it to never try it or when they do try it they can't find anyone unless they join at certain times because no one tries it because of the brainwashing. It's a loop that prevents the game mode from growing.

• Like 1

Just now, S.Dust said:

No one plays it cause everyone says it sucks leaving people who have never played it to never try it or when they do try it they can't find anyone unless they join at certain times because no one tries it because of the brainwashing. It's a loop that prevents the game mode from growing.

The game mode does suck however! To be completely fair it needs to be touched if there going to be firm with allowing us to keep our PvP rewards but want players to get them. 

7 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

The game mode does suck however! To be completely fair it needs to be touched if there going to be firm with allowing us to keep our PvP rewards but want players to get them. 

Not really people are just lazy and don't want to train their aim. You would be surprised how many openings there are in the fast paced combat. I'm already maxed in conclave. My aim isn't great either.

Edited by S.Dust
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Maxed in it too! Not a balanced or fun experience 

Balanced no fun yes. Also the game mode will never improve because everyone refuses to allow them to try and improve it. Also lunaro counts and it's pretty fun and could be good if they advertised it more.

• Like 2

vor 41 Minuten schrieb (PS4)sweatshawp:

So, you are basically suffering from stockholm syndom, when you are unable to put a game down, even though it's no fun.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb (PS4)sweatshawp:

But I’m sure that I could offer some lines of code and or possible changes if I can see the codes scripting etc for PvP. Give me about 3-4 months and with the code I can probably offer a few optimal changes. (Yes I’m that confident thanks to experience and training in the field) 

Let's put this to a test. I'll set a calender notification to 4 months from now, and then will see if you got a DE Tag on your forum account.

Edited by Walkampf
  • Like 1

Conclave needs PVE/PVP game modes...There's too many PVP games out there that do it better so they need to concentrate on modes that are competitive, but are emotionally distant so it's not on a personal level that PVE players despise...So they are trying out racing and that's something PVE players do as it is in every mission to get to extraction...(Only I'd add the Lua Earth Boulder and make a Indiana Jones Race mode...My god that was a ton fun back in Halo...but I digress...) 

If I could I'd also steal Squads: Space Crew Mod and give some player a monstrous invulnerable Infested model and let them chase after the other players while they try to hack spy vaults...and before you go no no...go watch a couple videos on that game type...It's really fun and the players working together to avoid the monster made me miss the days when mic use kept you alive in Left4Dead...

Anyways..none of that is going to happen...so relax...Conclave will get a racing mode..everyone will try it out for a week and then hate it and stop playing and Conclave will eventually die and get replaced with something else...

32 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

So, you are basically suffering from stockholm syndom, when you are unable to put a game down, even though it's no fun.

Let's put this to a test. I'll set a calender notification to 4 months from now, and then will see if you got a DE Tag on your forum account.

I put the game down multiple times and don’t even actively play it now. But hey! I’m here to voice my opinion on a product I play care about and a community I’m apart of 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

Also I don’t need to play conclave anymore I got the items you all want 🙂

vor 1 Minute schrieb (PS4)sweatshawp:

Also I don’t need to play conclave anymore I got the items you all want 🙂

I'll repeat myself, you forced yourself through a videogame, that wasn't...

Even if you got everything you wanted out of it, you sat through a game that wasn't fun and you even seem to be proud of that fact...

I'm really at a loss for words... 

And I'm kind of afraid to ask for the 'why'?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

I'll repeat myself, you forced yourself through a videogame, that wasn't...

Even if you got everything you wanted out of it, you sat through a game that wasn't fun and you even seem to be proud of that fact...

I'm really at a loss for words... 

And I'm kind of afraid to ask for the 'why'?

Because sometimes we have to go through worse things to get what we want. It isn't Stockholm syndrome; it's merely persistence so don't try to negatively play a trait just because you disagree with someone. 

Edited by Goodwill

33 minutes ago, Goodwill said:

Because sometimes we have to go through worse things to get what we want. It isn't Stockholm syndrome; it's merely persistence so don't try to negatively play a trait just because you disagree with someone. 

The guys don’t understand that brother! Ignore his negativity if it ain’t constructive don’t indulge in their conversation he’s not here for legitimate worry or care he wants an argument something I’m not going to give to him 🙂

3 hours ago, S.Dust said:

Just realized I made a mistake my first post on here should have said the community is already too toxic and brainwashed to hate conclave so don't expect support for conclave improvements.

You are far more correct in this statement than you can possibly imagine. I've been a member of the conclave community since April 22nd, 2015. The week conclave 2.0 was first added to Xbox. I hooked on to it immediately. I loved the idea of a fast paced arena shooter with diverse weapon/frame possibilities. There is nothing like it on the market.

The cycle of hate towards conclave comes from two angles, the PvE community and the PvP community. The PvE community continues this cycle through virtue signalling how awful they think conclave is at every opportune moment.

Anyway, the community dislikes conclave because of the way the rest of the games content is set up. Everything in the game is a grind, that is why people play warframe. Conclave is unique in the fact that is has a significant number of cosmetics and mods locked behind it (this isn't to say that the other syndicates don't, this is just saying the conclave mods are unique). Conclave isn't something they can afk through like grinding xp on hydron or grinding for mats. It is something they have to consciously play though to get their rewards. However, the conclave community is filled with the most toxic, try hard, meta abusing players imaginable. I know this, because I'm one of them lol.

So, on top of conclave being fairly unrewarding mats/xp wise during the grind, you also have the added difficulty of other humans that can directly control the rate at which you earn reputation towards the teshin syndicate. Even a grineer can see how this can become a problem. It's time consuming, fairly unrewarding, and generally unbalanced as of the current meta.

That being said, conclave is a unique experience like no other. Nothing has ever been created that resembles conclave, and I doubt anything will be created that resembles conclave. When conclave functions right, it is something wonderful to behold.

• Like 3

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Goodwill:

Sure, and why not also cheer on a chainsmoker through coughing blood, he's also just persistent, right?

vor 4 Minuten schrieb (XB1)Saint Nasim:

I enjoy playing conclave and it has not taken anything from me.

And that's the exact difference between you and (PS4)sweatshawp.

If you enjoy it, that's absolutly fine.

But he played it despite the fact that he did NOT enjoy it.

vor 6 Stunden schrieb (PS4)sweatshawp:

Edited by Walkampf

1 minute ago, Walkampf said:

And that's the exact difference between you and (PS4)sweatshawp.

If you enjoy it, that's absolutly fine.

But he played it despite the fact that he is NOT enjoying it.

He should stop playing it if that is the case.

I hate to use this analogy, but conclave is an acquired taste. You will not enjoy conclave for your first dozen or so matches. A player will not know the maps, or the weapon combos, or even how frames work differently in conclave. They will even be confused on why their PvE loadouts do not carry over into conclave. But if you can stick it out past those days of darkness, you will grow in skill and power. I did not start off liking conclave either. Now? I can not live without it.

• Like 1

vor 7 Minuten schrieb (XB1)Saint Nasim:

He should stop playing it if that is the case.

And he didn't, he maxed out his standing anyway.

And yeah, maybe the analogy was badly chosen, what I was actually trying to say is that his bahaviour is in a simliar way derailed as that of a chainsmoker. He's choughing up blodd and he still can't stop.

Earlier i noted that this behaviour is similar to stockholm syndrom, but it didn't seem he was able, or willing to understand this, so I tried another example. Sorry if that came out wrong.

What I meant is, that his behaviour is like that of a chainsmoker, not that Conclave is similar to cigaretts.

Edited by Walkampf

Just now, Walkampf said:

And he didn't, he maxed out his standing anyway.

And yeah, maybe the analogy was badly chosen, what I was actually trying to say is that his bahaviour is in a simliar way derailed as that of a chainsmoker. He's choughing up blodd and he still can't stop.

Earlier i noted that this behaviour is similar to stockholm syndrom, but it didn't seem he was able, or willing to understand this, so I tried another example. Sorry if that came out wrong.

You're fine. People should not have to put themselves through a huge grind just to get the conclave cosmetics. Conclave standing should be even easier than it already is to get. There is a guy with 100 celestia syandanas. Nobody should see conclave as a chore. It should be something that anyone can enjoy.

• Like 1