Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Universal Medallions should apply to conclave

(XBOX)The Neko Otaku

4 minutes ago, S.Dust said:

You don't give the trophy for running a marathon to someone who climbed mount Everest.

Oh yeah, totally comparable. /s

You are the problem here, segregating a playerbase where it doesn't need to be. All this "you" versus "us" stuff people claim to be seeing is coming straight from your mouth. PvP is not climbing a mountain, PvE is not running a marathon. We are players, playing the same game, some enjoying different aspects of it, some enjoying both aspects of it.

Claiming that the way you earned a certain reward is the only way anyone should be able to get that reward, regardless of the quality of the decision, is entitlement. Not all that big of a deal to be honest, it's human nature, you're entitled (haha) to that opinion, but you're using it derogatorily to address others, so it's only fair that I point this out to you.

9 minutes ago, S.Dust said:

Not special but atleast you earned the items the right way and having them shows that. Sorry to say this but not every player should have every item because not every player will put in the work to get said item.

I think 5,000+ rounds of Disruption constitutes "work", don't you?

It's hilariously ironic that you refer to the fact that I own conclave skins as, "earning them the right way". This is entitlement, you feel you have the right to have these skins where others do not. It's entirely fair, honestly it is, I too feel like I earned the skins that I have. But if someone wants to earn them in a different, and yet comparable manner, then I have absolutely no problem. There is no "right" or "wrong" beyond that which you're applying to it.

I personally think drudging through hundreds upon hundreds of hours of disruption to be more than adequately comparable to a bit of Conclave, if anyone actually chooses to do that of course.

You never know, it could be someone wanting to get a few mods so that they can play Conclave without being at a perceived disadvantage. It could be because a conclave player only needs another 700 rep for an item and doesn't have time for another match, and thus wants a means with which to store the occasional 1k standing for later use.

10 minutes ago, S.Dust said:

It's from what i've seen and unless you can pull out some stats that say concrete facts and aren't anecdotal I don't think you can blame me.

I absolutely can blame you. Burden of proof lies with you, and is a fundamental aspect of arguing.

7 minutes ago, S.Dust said:

If this was the case it then PVE players are just as in the wrong as conclave players for arguing so hard for something that you way would be unrealistic to do.

You mean to say, "why am I arguing against an addition that people seem to want, that would in no way actually be detrimental to me as realistically no one is going to get what I covet using this method?"

Gee S.Dust, I don't know, why are you arguing against it?

13 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Claiming that the way you earned a certain reward is the only way anyone should be able to get that reward, regardless of the quality of the decision, is entitlement. Not all that big of a deal to be honest, it's human nature, you're entitled (haha) to that opinion, but you're using it derogatorily to address others, so it's only fair that I point this out to you.

That's kinda funny.

I remember a time when there were potato blueprints in the Conclave rewards. They got removed by "popular request" (hint: it was not the people who enjoyed playing Conclave).

Conclave is unrewarding, that's no news to anyone.

Sure, enable the Medallion for Conclave, but also put the blueprints back. Make Forma more easily attainable, too (first I thought they weren't a reward, but no! There's a Forma blueprint with 0.25% drop chance. Rejoice!). Maybe add some Vitus Essence for good measure? Etc.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Oh yeah, totally comparable.

Doesn't need to be the over all idea is the same.

You are the problem here, segregating a playerbase where it doesn't need to be. All this "you" versus "us" stuff people claim to be seeing is coming straight from your mouth

I haven't created the you vs us situation I've in other comments mentioned the fact that conclave players are just warframe players than play another part of the game as well as the rest of the game.

Claiming that the way you earned a certain reward is the only way anyone should be able to get that reward

I have said im open to other forms of pvp outside of combat such as komi, races, etc. I only believe pvp rewards should be earned through pvp.

I think 5,000+ rounds of Disruption constitutes "work", don't you?

Still the wrong kind of work.

yet comparable manner

The method of earning them isn't comparable in any way other than time.

You never know, it could be someone wanting to get a few mods so that they can play Conclave without being at a perceived disadvantage. It could be because a conclave player only needs another 700 rep for an item and doesn't have time for another match, and thus wants a means with which to store the occasional 1k standing for later use.

I don't know this and neither do you, it could just as easily be another deterrent for the mode as it could be something that draws people in.

"why am I arguing against an addition that people seem to want, that would in no way actually be detrimental to me as realistically no one is going to get what I covet using this method?"

Just cause people want it doesn't mean it belongs.

Edited by S.Dust

3 minutes ago, Kontrollo said:

Sure, enable the Medallion for Conclave, but also put the blueprints back. Make Forma more easily attainable, too (first I thought they weren't a reward, but no! There's a Forma blueprint with 0.25% drop chance. Rejoice!). Maybe add some Vitus Essence for good measure? Etc.

Shrug, fine by me. I do look forward to the complaints about being forced to PvP, but honestly with Nightwave giving access to them as well I'd say it's fair.

1 minute ago, S.Dust said:

Still the wrong kind of work.

Thank you for confirming my point.

3 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Thank you for confirming my point.

I've said what I have had to and the devs seem to agree pvp items should be earned through pvp. I personally don't care what kind of pvp.

Whether or not you care about how items are earned is up to you but some of us do.

Edited by S.Dust

13 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Shrug, fine by me. I do look forward to the complaints about being forced to PvP, but honestly with Nightwave giving access to them as well I'd say it's fair.

Why should there be complaints?

Adding the blueprints back is simply readding something that got taken away, and it's not like the proposed rewards aren't already available in other ways. So no one is forced.

Not adding the Conclave Syndicate -- so far -- has not actually even changed the status quo.

Sounds like a win-win.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DeMonkey said:

Because there's always complaints and knee jerk reactions.

Oh yes, 14 pages so far in this one alone, and tens of threads with hundreds of comments on Reddit, too.

I'm not going to check here right now, but want to take a guess at how many proposals like the one I just gave are in this thread?

• Like 1

Just now, Kontrollo said:

Then, want to take a wager how many proposals of at least adding these Universal Medallions to the Conclave/Lunaro reward pool there are?

I don't know what you're getting at to be completely honest. No, no such suggestion has been made.

Whats your point and what does it have to do with my post?

2 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

I don't know what you're getting at to be completely honest. No, no such suggestion has been made.

Whats your point and what does it have to do with my post?

Well, here's what I've found over the years:

The community is perfectly fine with the PvP aspect getting the short end of the stick. It doesn't even occur to anyone who is upset about the devs going back on an announcement -- again, the status quo hasn't even changed, unlike what happened to the potatoes -- to make some constructive proposals.

Have you, yourself made a proposal maybe? If not, talk about entitlement.

Anyway, carry on. Let's see if you guys can beat the 100+ pages of the Nightwave thread. 😉

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kontrollo said:

Have you, yourself made a proposal maybe? If not, talk about entitlement.

Unnecessarily harsh.

Why am I, of all people in this thread, entitled for not proposing something in favour on conclave? I'm even agreeing with your suggestion. That's some mental gymnastics right there.

Why are other conclave players (you know, the people who care about the mode) not doing what you've done, suggesting a compromise in the form of allowing universal medallions but bringing back potatoes, instead of getting twisted about the whole idea? Why is responsibility for this suggestion, apparently, on the shoulders of those who don't actually care about the mode in the first place, and perhaps aren't even aware that the potatoes were ever a thing in conclave?

12 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Why are other conclave players (you know, the people who care about the mode) not doing what you've done, suggesting a compromise

Many have made post suggesting a middle ground but nothing is stopping others from not liking that middle ground. Leaving us with another 14 page post that gets us nowhere. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, S.Dust said:

you would finish in no time.

You and I have very different ideas of what "finish"ed means.  Max rank is nothing compared to the amount of standing required to obtain all the mods and skins.  50k is one skin of which there are 32.  That's 32 weeks of weekly challenges.  Which no easy task when there are literally no matches to be found even in the US except during the few peak hours.

8 hours ago, S.Dust said:

You mean the "toxicity" and "gate keeping" that pve players keep saying exist but conclave players who actually play the mode say doesn't.

No, problems like the one I just mentioned.  I was speaking purely about issues with the game mode of which there are many.

9 hours ago, S.Dust said:

I still say people wont play it cause it's not easy due to the lack of equal level players

The main reason I don't like warframes pvp, is that it's a bit (Immersion?) breaking for me. I know, probably not the word I'm looking for, but Warframes and weapons feel and act so different from how they do in pve, I don't feel like I'm using my gear, so I rather play a different game when I'm in the mood for pvp.

The only conclave mode I actually really liked was Lunaro but I stopped playing when it became impossible to get 2 full teams together, which is required for a good match imo.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PatternistSlave said:

You and I have very different ideas of what "finish"ed means.  Max rank is nothing compared to the amount of standing required to obtain all the mods and skins.  50k is one skin of which there are 32.  That's 32 weeks of weekly challenges.  Which no easy task when there are literally no matches to be found even in the US except during the few peak hours.

No, problems like the one I just mentioned.  I was speaking purely about issues with the game mode of which there are many.

Be honest are you using all the skins and as far as mods go none of them work outside of conclave which if you don't want to be playing anyways don't matter. I play conclave without mods for the most part because many if them are useless anyways.

On 2019-09-06 at 1:28 AM, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

You can honestly max your standing in like 2 games now though so it’s not bad 

IF you can even get one match started
I tried to play a match of conclave recently just to try it for the first time....took 45 minutes to find one other person, and they then proceeded to leave the lobby a few minutes later.  I gave up after that as I'm not going to sit AFK for 3+ hours to get one match of a game started....

On 2019-09-16 at 8:28 AM, S.Dust said:

Be honest are you using all the skins and as far as mods go none of them work outside of conclave which if you don't want to be playing anyways don't matter. I play conclave without mods for the most part because many if them are useless anyways.

Warframe is all about collecting all the stuff and the things.  Doesn't matter what they are or what they do.  I don't use most of the mods or skins in the game.  Collecting them is the fun part.  Or usually is.

• Like 1

On 2019-09-16 at 8:54 AM, Tsukinoki said:

IF you can even get one match started
I tried to play a match of conclave recently just to try it for the first time....took 45 minutes to find one other person, and they then proceeded to leave the lobby a few minutes later.  I gave up after that as I'm not going to sit AFK for 3+ hours to get one match of a game started....

Not gonna make an excuse for queue times just gonna say if you learn the peak hours you might find more people.

• Like 1

i dont see how allowign medallions to get conclave standings would resolve anything

medallions are rare as hell

problem its hard to find people and the standing earned is miserable. 28k i get 1k-2k for a 10 minutes match

im already bored at the third match

i did at least 7-8 consecutive matches i was sure i was capped instead i got from 28k to 22k

the last match i did i got 447 standing i was second place

even completed one of those stupid challenges

boosting conclave will get your account beaned

we're #*!%ed