Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Universal Medallions should apply to conclave

(XBOX)The Neko Otaku

Universal Syndicate Medallion:

aot5Oof.jpg

... except Conclave.

And Conclave is a Syndicate.

And it only rewards 1000 standing.

And it’s an uncommon/rare reward from Disruption missions.

I don’t understand the decision about disabling usage of the Universal Syndicate Medallion for Conclave. It’ll just give players another option to grind standing for Conclave if they’re not a PvP player, whereas if you are a PvP player getting standing would be arbitrarily faster if you played the game mode.

Why limit the option to use the Universal Syndicate Medallion everywhere else but Conclave, DE?

• Like 2

I think DE should honor the time and effort of those Conclave players who obtained such rewards...If you want it you should be playing Conclave for them...But...I also believe that De should introduce PVE/PVP game modes like racing to Conclave so players who are adverse to the standard PVP have another avenue to achieve the cosmetics..But with that said the race should have some sort of peril where players can be killed by the environment...example (Indiana Jones races)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Still did it nonetheless. We endured it and got what we wanted 

Literally everything I’ve done in the past few years has had the grind significantly reduced since I did it early on, idk why this should be any different as it’s beneficial to the community as a whole. I have all of the trophies for warframe on PS4 and it says getting vent kids to max rank is the top trophy earned as opposed to than going 1000000 meters on the kdrive. I did an old tac alert or operation years ago farming a 25 wave defense 168 times for buzz kill, didn’t get it, and bought it anyway. Now it’s available to all players. There are many examples...

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, (PS4)griddler420 said:

while not against the point seeing people saying honour the grind of conclave is real funny, especially those who did it long ago.

The "honor the grind" excuse is honestly a petty gatekeeping attempt since it doesn't happen anywhere in the game. Hello old event weapons in baro's inventory. 

• Like 1

Oh look, people can hit a five percent drop chance on a C rotation 28 times at max mastery to get something they could otherwise achieve by """"""""playing""""""" conclave.

And by playing, I mean somebody sitting in the matchmaking queue for an hour, getting tired of wasting their game time sitting around doing NOTHING, and getting their buddy to queue up with them so they can boost each other for their daily cap over a few matches. That's infinitely more difficult than hitting a 1/20 chance 28 times each day, right?

Here's a hot take. People don't avoid the game mode because it's hard. They avoid the game mode because they can't get any sodding matches in, and in the case they do, they do not have fun. If people want to do 560 C rotations of disruption to achieve a day's worth of conclave standing at max MR, I say let them. In fact, I think somebody doing such a ridiculous alternative deserves whatever they're buying with the standing FAR MORE than the main method.

So when somebody says...

46 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

we endured it and got what we wanted 

... to the prospect of somebody working harder than them to achieve something, forgive me if I can't help but say that is complete and utter bull.

And for the record, I have played conclave myself. I quit a single day's worth of rep away from the final rank because I was not having fun in the slightest. If you gave me the option of doing conclave again for a day to achieve that rank, or farming a few hundred rounds of disruption, I would tell you to sign me up for some demolyst killing.

• Like 2

If Universal Medallions cant be applied to conclave then WHY would it also apply to Fortuna, Cetus and ventkids???

The reasoning behind this action hurts 99% of players that cant find even a single conclave match!!

For the past 10 months that I played on Nintendo switch which is a new platform to warframe - I've only gotten to Whirlwind rank in conclave 😒

If Universal Medallions can be even applied to Ventkids which I already maxed out then I see no reason why it cant be applied to conclave.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, CoolDudeMcCool said:

They gave their reason, they think that PvP stuff shouldn't be something you can complete through PvE. I'm not defending their reason but you're citing other PvE syndicates which doesn't conflict with what they said.

Univeral medallions should be Universal no exceptions

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, (NSW)Katsuro said:

solution would be to add K- drive races in conclave to farm rep but requires Logical rank in ventkids and a crafted k drive.

That's not really a solution for the people who don't want to compete with other players *at all.*  And honestly, I can see people being just as upset that now they "must" grind for standing to build a custom K-Drive.  After it was released as a barely-there not-syndicate and everyone realized that K-drives were still vastly inferior to just using Itzal-Blink to move around the open world areas, I wouldn't be surprised if most people never bothered to upgrade from the freebie K-Drive.  (At least, I think you got a freebie one at the end of the Fortuna story missions?  I honestly never actually paid attention.  I have about 3000 Vent Kid standing and I'm not sure I ever even attempted to rank up.)

The reason why Conclave can't redeem standing with medallions?
*At DE head quarter*
DE: Hey we are about to make a Universal Medallions. it can be use to redeem 1k standings from your respective syndicate.
Konzu: Early lunch for Konzu!
Quills: I have more time to stalk Saya.
Eudico: *join early lunch with Konzu*.
Simaris: I need to scan the medallions. I NEED DEM DATA OF THE MEDALLIONS.
The 6 Syndicate: Well the medallions doesn't look like [insert oppose syndicate] so OK
Teshin: CONCLAVE!
DE: Hey Teshin about tha-
TESHIN: THE CONCLAVE!
DE: you can have a day of-
TENCLAVE: TO LUNARO!
DE: Come on it's name "Universal Medallions" it gott-
CONCLAVE: CON CON CON CONCLAVE!

I find it curious that Conclave players would rather advocate afk leeching (which actually has an adverse affect on thier experience) over the use of a PvP obtained item granting Conclave Standing (something that has no real impact on their gameplay).  I mean, on the off chance that you bump into me and spot that I've got a shiny Conclave skinned Lex will it really matter if I got it through Conclave play or Disruption play?  Compared to starting a Conclave match and finding the other 7 players are all PvE enthusiasts following advice from the forums and afk running into walls to leech standing.  Sure you'll get some easy kills but it's hardly the challenging and engaging competitive game you signed up for, is it?

• Like 1

With regards to honouring the grind, as someone who's done it, sod it. There is nothing to honour, there is no prestige to be had by going through Conclave and there are no bragging rights.

If people want to grind 500 hours of Disruption to reach max rank followed by another 500 to get the skins, why not let them? That's far more grinding than any of us had to do in Conclave.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, EmberStar said:

That's not really a solution for the people who don't want to compete with other players *at all.*  And honestly, I can see people being just as upset that now they "must" grind for standing to build a custom K-Drive.  After it was released as a barely-there not-syndicate and everyone realized that K-drives were still vastly inferior to just using Itzal-Blink to move around the open world areas, I wouldn't be surprised if most people never bothered to upgrade from the freebie K-Drive.  (At least, I think you got a freebie one at the end of the Fortuna story missions?  I honestly never actually paid attention.  I have about 3000 Vent Kid standing and I'm not sure I ever even attempted to rank up.)

ventkids are super easy to max rank because you can do it in 20min or less and also do k- drive races.

Just now, Katinka said:

I find it curious that Conclave players would rather advocate afk leeching (which actually has an adverse affect on thier experience) over the use of a PvP obtained item granting Conclave Standing (something that has no real impact on their gameplay).  I mean, on the off chance that you bump into me and spot that I've got a shiny Conclave skinned Lex will it really matter if I got it through Conclave play or Disruption play?  Compared to starting a Conclave match and finding the other 7 players are all PvE enthusiasts following advice from the forums and afk running into walls to leech standing.  Sure you'll get some easy kills but it's hardly the challenging and engaging competitive game you signed up for, is it?

That's not their point... Their point is to reduce their waiting time. As long as their waiting time is reduced, they'll advocate anything.

I, on the other hand, have no challenge on the Conclave. Not due to the waiting times nor due to the game sub-mode, but simply because there is no one able to present a challenge. This is such a touchy subject than whenever I post here anything about the Conclave, its just a matter of time before Kontrollo appears to refute what I say, despite the fact that he is one of those that apparently claim to be good at it, but falls WAY short against me, like a newbie that is running his first PvE mission and doesn't know what to do to start moving around.

Bottom line, "Universal" means universal. The real reason why "Universal" doesn't include the Conclave is simply to "appease the commoners" so that the general population doesn't fall in disarray... And honestly, I'm inclined to agree with DE due to the simple reason that the very ones that advocate AFK in the Conclave matches instead of true "Universal" of those medals are, or known affiliates of, the same ones that filled the PvP Solar Rail Conflicts with so much toxicity that the entire Solar Rail Conflict content was reworked into the Conclave because they couldn't stand having a single Ghost Clan, with each member attacking solo, breaking through (and winning) against their full 8-man + turrets + AI army of Anti-Moas & Specters defenses by the bullet and by the blade, not by objective rushing. And because that clan remained unknown and in secrecy through the entire Solar Rail Conflict era, their toxicity could not be directed towards it and overflowed into the forums.

... How do I know about this in such detail? Well, at this point you can pretty much figure it out.

Edited by Uhkretor

10 hours ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Personally Yes. Me and a lot of people feel good that we took the time to get these rewards we feel unique and the time put in for these rewards felt and still feel nice considering it’s not a commodity for these items. 

So, basically you're saying that, if you were <insert word> enough to go through it, then others should, because you did in the first place.
You don't care about the quality of the game, the enjoyment of others, just that you were <insert word> enough to do it, and because you were, everyone should follow your <insert word> example.

Well, in that same vein, the vast majority of us, who don't care about your <insert word> self, think it's better that the game has quality, and that they either make sure conclave works, with proper DE-provided dedicated servers and matchmaking, or that there are alternative sources of the rewards.

Because WE care as much about you, and your opinion, as you care about ours, and since you don't care about the game, just about your bruised ego, DE shouldn't care about your feedback either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (NSW)Katsuro said:

ventkids are super easy to max rank because you can do it in 20min or less and also do k- drive races.

If you say so.  There never really seemed to be a reason to bother.  The only thing you unlock is more mods, which you can't even equip until you max rank the k-drive.  And doing that means doing tricks, over and over and over.  Tried it, didn't care, stopped trying.  Maybe they changed it, but running races actually *cost* standing to even attempt, so I've never done those at all.

All of that is kind of beside my actual point though, which is that PVP K-drive races will only be a way to earn Conclave standing for people who A) like competitive events and B) actually enjoy K-drives.  Not many people who play Warframe seem that interested in PVP, and since Vent Kids are barely a faction and k-drives are sort of pointless, not many people seem to bother with either.  I don't imagine the point where both groups overlap is very large.

1 minute ago, EmberStar said:

If you say so.  There never really seemed to be a reason to bother.  The only thing you unlock is more mods, which you can't even equip until you max rank the k-drive.  And doing that means doing tricks, over and over and over.  Tried it, didn't care, stopped trying.  Maybe they changed it, but running races actually *cost* standing to even attempt, so I've never done those at all.

All of that is kind of beside my actual point though, which is that PVP K-drive races will only be a way to earn Conclave standing for people who A) like competitive events and B) actually enjoy K-drives.  Not many people who play Warframe seem that interested in PVP, and since Vent Kids are barely a faction and k-drives are sort of pointless, not many people seem to bother with either.  I don't imagine the point where both groups overlap is very large.

I maxed my standing by doing the pipe right outside fortuna, I just grind, jump and spin around back and forth repeatedly until the score reached 3000 which is 750 standing in couple of seconds.

Rank 4 on Xbox, then moved to PC a year ago and I’m only rank 2 because of how boring it is waiting for a match. These medallions would’ve made it so much easier

And if the argument of “PvE content helping PvP” then make them as a possible reward in PvP too. That simple

I maxed kdrive and bought multiple copies of each mod by doing tricks on the same pipe behind fortuna however when they buffed the race standing, they nerfed the point gain on tricks.

You used to be able to hold a grab grind for fast point generation. Combine 200 base points from grab grinding with a 15x multiplier from spins and flips while in the air to reach a 3,000 score trick in 1 pipe grind which is about 20 seconds. A 3,000 score trick is worth 750 rep. Max daily rep at the time was 28,000 so that's at least 38 tricks. So multiply by the aforementioned 20 seconds, add a few minutes for mistakes, and you're done in 15 minutes. If you spam the race that appears next to the pipe when it's up, you can finish in about the same time or even faster.

Edited by (PS4)Double991