Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Universal Medallions should apply to conclave

(XBOX)The Neko Otaku

How did DE expect this decision to go it's impossible to to play conclave it's dead 99% of the time and the few people who do play it are so beyond everyone else's skill level its impossible to win  the only way to realistically play conclave is with friends and that will just turn into them working together to cheese the system the only way I can see this as a good decision is if DE finally decides to rework the entire mode 

9 minutes ago, BloodKitten said:

put conclave stuff for platinum, it was already the case with the riv armor wich was the third tier of it, conclave would still stay relevent if you want to obtain said items without spending platinum. (cosmetic only)

Big no. Also just because one reward can be bought for plat doesn't mean all of them should be buy able with plat.  Some items have to be earned end of story people need to get over themselves and either put in the time or just acknowledge they're not getting the items.

• Like 1

Lets be honest you didn't care about conclave until they teased you with the medallion rep and took it back. Either earn the items or don't have them. If the game mode is dead then you're kinda out of luck, gather people to play with in the recruit chat. You either earn it or you don't and if you and a friend can't have fun together without anyone else there to bother you then you clearly just don't like the mode and should give up on the rewards.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, S.Dust said:

Big no. Also just because one reward can be bought for plat doesn't mean all of them should be buy able with plat.  Some items have to be earned end of story people need to get over themselves and either put in the time or just acknowledge they're not getting the items.

Eventually, everything will be purchasable with plat. 

Aura Forma and Eidolon Lenses are now on that list when they were heavy grind locked at some point. 

However, I think the price point makes it fair. Accessible without trivialising the content. 

2 minutes ago, sleepychewbacca said:

Eventually, everything will be purchasable with plat. 

Aura Forma and Eidolon Lenses are now on that list when they were heavy grind locked at some point. 

However, I think the price point makes it fair. Accessible without trivialising the content. 

Eidolon lenses still have to be farmed by someone to be sold and aura forma was I assume being under used or not farmed enough so they put in the market for plat. Yes I did say I assume because being honest there are only so many useful auras in game and most of them fit the same polarity. Plus it's syndicate items by that logic ill soon be able to buy the syandanas from new loka, red veil, perin sequence the three syndicates I didn't rank up.

Edited by S.Dust

Just now, sleepychewbacca said:

You can buy them outright for 80 plat in the market now. 

That's a fair price point, which I think is important. Make it fully accessible, but with a cost. Either you grind for it, or pay a slight premium. 

Or you know just grind for it. The value of the item is lost when it's not earned nothing will change my mind on that, as far as lenses go I don't care. Warframe players seriously can't let anything just be earned or special anymore everyone has to be included.

• Like 1

Just now, S.Dust said:

Warframe players seriously can't let anything just be earned or special anymore everyone has to be included.

Personally, if anyone is able to buy something that I grinded for, I don't see any reason to be upset with that. 

It doesn't detract from me having the item, so yes. I'm all for everything in game being made accessible. 

4 minutes ago, sleepychewbacca said:

Personally, if anyone is able to buy something that I grinded for, I don't see any reason to be upset with that. 

It doesn't detract from me having the item, so yes. I'm all for everything in game being made accessible. 

Great that you feel that way doesn't mean everyone does. I should also be clear this doesn't apply to everything but some items just need to be a no money involved earn it only item. I'm not about to complain that someone buys prime access when I farmed it let them do that if they want.

Edited by S.Dust

Just now, S.Dust said:

Great that you feel that way doesn't mean everyone does.

What everyone feels is irrelevant at the end of the day. DE does whatever is financially best, and whatever works in their mind. 

If we applied the general public mindset to decisions, there would be no good q-o-l decisions like the login rework, and accessibility to rewards for people who can't grind arbitrations or open world. 

At this point, it should be painfully obvious (and thankfully so) that DE doesn't pander to everyone who makes the most noise in the forums unless it's a change that improves accessibility. 

1 minute ago, sleepychewbacca said:

What everyone feels is irrelevant at the end of the day. DE does whatever is financially best, and whatever works in their mind. 

If we applied the general public mindset to decisions, there would be no good q-o-l decisions like the login rework, and accessibility to rewards for people who can't grind arbitrations or open world. 

At this point, it should be painfully obvious (and thankfully so) that DE doesn't pander to everyone who makes the most noise in the forums unless it's a change that improves accessibility. 

Well when they give in to the cash cows they give in but for now the items have to be earned. Also everything they do isn't a financial decision you underestimate the value of a happy player base vs an angry one. 

Just now, S.Dust said:

Well when they give in to the cash cows they give in but for now the items have to be earned. Also everything they do isn't a financial decision you underestimate the value of a happy player base vs an angry one. 

At the end of the day they're a company. 

They move wherever is the most profitable, and if it keeps the game alive, then that's a trade off I'm willing to take. 

• Like 1

Just now, sleepychewbacca said:

At the end of the day they're a company. 

They move wherever is the most profitable, and if it keeps the game alive, then that's a trade off I'm willing to take. 

You say this like the game is crashing and burning due to these conclave items. Also what you're willing to take doesn't matter neither does what I'm willing to take.  So as far as im concerned this conversation is pointless. Again they will give into the cash cows when they chose hopefully I'm not around to see that day cause at that point the little respect I have left for the game will be gone.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, S.Dust said:

You say this like the game is crashing and burning due to these conclave items. Also what you're willing to take doesn't matter neither does what I'm willing to take.  So as far as im concerned this conversation is pointless. Again they will give into the cash cows when they chose hopefully I'm not around to see that day cause at that point the little respect I have left for the game will be gone.

I mean, I think a lot of your threads are pointless, but yet here we are. 

I never said the game is crashing and burning, but rather it will be more accessible to those in a region where finding conclave players is difficult. But if you want to start putting words in other people's mouths, sure. 

6 minutes ago, sleepychewbacca said:

I mean, I think a lot of your threads are pointless, but yet here we are. 

I never said the game is crashing and burning, but rather it will be more accessible to those in a region where finding conclave players is difficult. But if you want to start putting words in other people's mouths, sure. 

14 minutes ago, sleepychewbacca said:

if it keeps the game alive

Didn't put any words in your mouth this section right here came off as if you thought the game was in some way gonna burn to the ground if these items didn't become purchasable.

Also you look at my threads thank you so much 😘

I don't care if you care about my post. I could think half of what you post is pointless but I don't care enough to know what you post to have an opinion on it. Also I guess those regions will just have to deal with it or you know use the invite feature to get people to play with.

Not DE's job to account for every region.

Edited by S.Dust

39 minutes ago, sleepychewbacca said:

While I respect your views I disagree. If I had to work to get said item and all of a sudden this new kid comes in and just puts money over the table and teshin slides him that exact same item I’d be upset! Personally if I’ve put in the time for said items I may not feel like everyone has to put in the same effort grind etc as me. But I do feel like some work has to be done to earn said items

Why every conclave players always use the reason "You don't earn it" for the Universal Medallion. It's like saying that fighting in disruption for about 540 waves on average to get enough standing for a daily conclave standing available at mr27 is not an achievements in itself.

It's really easy if you have a clan to play with you. On the other hand, at least on asia regions, I can queue for w/e how long but never got a room with a player.

Heck, the medallion farmers won't even have the a fully-glow syndana to show that off.

If that logic apply, No one should be able to buy any items sold on standing faction, really. because you can easily flipped between syndicate so just do it yourself. Oh, and arcanes should not be tradable too since they're locked behind nightwaves and eidolon hunting. "You don't earn it"

Edited by Lunarez
  • Like 1

My opinion on this (which no one cares about but I'll share anyway woo) ... I admit it, when I read about the Universal Medallion I was like, "Yay finally I'll get some Conclave standing.  It'll take forever that way but I don't care!"  Aaaaannnnnd then they went back on it and I was like, "Bummer, medallions are useless.  Oh well, now I don't have to spend forever trying to get enough for that faction!"

Honestly I don't care about the skins or syndanas.  The singular reason I wanted to use the medallions for Conclave was b/c Conclave is the only syndicate I have 0 standing in and it bothers me.  It doesn't bother me enough to actually put myself through the annoyance of doing Conclave though.

In the end, the only change is that if a medallion is the reward for a rotation then it's a wasted reward but the same holds true for a lot of the rewards for various game modes.  I've neither gained nor lost anything.  But I won't complain if they change their minds and make the medallions work for Conclave.  =p

Can we just get a conclave mode where we play against bots like those missions on Sedna that are basically conclave vs bots anyway? Probably solve some of the issue.

The big thing is that pvp in this game is so weak and unloved by 99.9999999999999% of the community, to the point it could be literally deleted and nobody would notice it was gone or mourn it when they finally noticed, it's universal unpopularity results in there never being people to play against, or if there are, it's people endeavoring to try their very hardest and make sure nobody has a good time. So there being bot modes means you'll be able to find a game, and you don't have to worry about dealing with toxic players. For those who want to play against other players it will be available, and for everyone else there's still a challenge that you have to overcome but it's no longer the burden it is now.

So... Conclave bots mode.

Edited by (PS4)Black-Cat-Jinx

There is nothing in conclave of interest, including conclave. Why would anyone waste a medallion on a faction that doesn't offer them relics they could open to generate plat?

Of course DE should maybe address people wanting something from conclave, not being able to get matches since matches are necessary in order to get rep. Then again like I said there is nothing in conclave worth farming anyway.

For those wanting pvp, and pve to be completely separated, I could not agree more. Hey DE! When you get a chance, if you could remove the warframes gained through conclave from pve,  well as the ability to use the pvp skins, and sigils in pve, that would  be great. They should really only be used in pvp after all.