Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Universal Medallions should apply to conclave

(XBOX)The Neko Otaku

As far as I am seeing here the argument for universal standing revolve around the idea of. I had to do this long slog of a grind so you should too, and any other alternative to that grind completely devalues my time regardless of if it's a slower method or not. If that's the argument we are going with then why should there be any kind of universal standing?

The same argument can be applied to every faction in the game. There are lots of people that have done the daily missions and horses rep items for the relay factions. Why should universal standing be able to apply to those factions? When POE and Fortuna came out there were many dedicated people that spent every day maxing their standing through missions and resource donations. Why should universal standing apply to those factions too? The quils and vox, their grind was a rather long one to so probably best to ask the same thing here. Why should universal standing invalidate the time spent grinding? The same also goes for the sanctuary and vent kids. All players can go do scan runs or target hunts, and the game gives you a free k-drive to grind standing with on the pipe or ring. Why should universal standing be allowed th invalidate the time players spend grinding for these factions?

Personally I'm okay with it applying universally to all factions. it is still highly in efficient still but if someone else wants to take another path that's okay. If it's not going to be a way of getting conclave standing because of the grind for other players then it should not apply to any factions for the veary same reason. If that happens then why dose it exist at all?

Lastly if they do add a k-drive raceing mode then don't be surprised if it turns out to be another dud or for other people to avoid it still due to what happened with universal standing. Also don't be surprised that it would be locked behind vent kid stand, or that a vocal part of the communities complains that k-drive mods are removed from conclave rewards or that during the races you are suddenly a few hours after it's launch unable to get vent kid standing.

5 minutes ago, Umquaptovis said:

As far as I am seeing here the argument for universal standing revolve around the idea of. I had to do this long slog of a grind so you should too, and any other alternative to that grind completely devalues my time regardless of if it's a slower method or not. If that's the argument we are going with then why should there be any kind of universal standing?

The same argument can be applied to every faction in the game. There are lots of people that have done the daily missions and horses rep items for the relay factions. Why should universal standing be able to apply to those factions? When POE and Fortuna came out there were many dedicated people that spent every day maxing their standing through missions and resource donations. Why should universal standing apply to those factions too? The quils and vox, their grind was a rather long one to so probably best to ask the same thing here. Why should universal standing invalidate the time spent grinding? The same also goes for the sanctuary and vent kids. All players can go do scan runs or target hunts, and the game gives you a free k-drive to grind standing with on the pipe or ring. Why should universal standing be allowed th invalidate the time players spend grinding for these factions?

Personally I'm okay with it applying universally to all factions. it is still highly in efficient still but if someone else wants to take another path that's okay. If it's not going to be a way of getting conclave standing because of the grind for other players then it should not apply to any factions for the veary same reason. If that happens then why dose it exist at all?

Lastly if they do add a k-drive raceing mode then don't be surprised if it turns out to be another dud or for other people to avoid it still due to what happened with universal standing. Also don't be surprised that it would be locked behind vent kid stand, or that a vocal part of the communities complains that k-drive mods are removed from conclave rewards or that during the races you are suddenly a few hours after it's launch unable to get vent kid standing.

The difference between all of your examples and Conclave is that those are all PvE. Making PvP rewards available in PvE is completely different from allowing PvE rewards to be gained in PvE.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Umquaptovis said:

Did you really read all of the comments? A few pages back another PvP player explains how he's all in for a reduction to the grind, but also says how the negativity of PvE players towards conclave over the years makes him agree with DE.

I think it's only fair for PvP players to have something unique that can't be obtained through mind numbing PvE gameplay when people actively discourages new players from trying conclave, spread misinformation about it, and try to make whatever it takes to prevent DE from working on it (this includes derailing well made feedback topics) 

On a sidenote, the whole "no gameplay-impacting rewards from conclave" was proposed by PvE players back in the days and DE listened (i see no PvP player going for that guy's head, that would be unreasonable), which is probably the reason why it's also the only syndicate that, unlike all of the syndicates that accept universal medallions, doesn't have a weapon set tied to it.

I guess "who sows the wind reaps the whirlwind Typhoon" fits perfectly here (it even uses the name of some conclave syndicate ranks).

PS: Universal medallions are a mistake as concept imo.

Edited by Letter13
Quoted post removed
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, Ewokman said:

The difference between all of your examples and Conclave is that those are all PvE. Making PvP rewards available in PvE is completely different from allowing PvE rewards to be gained in PvE.

To start Battalyst Conculyst mod drops. And yes that is the only difference everything else still stands. the concept of universal standing it faulty at best as every player in the game has a claim to it invalidating the time they spent grinding.

29 minutes ago, ----Legacy---- said:

Universal medallions are a mistake as concept imo

The boiled down point I was alluding to.

31 minutes ago, ----Legacy---- said:

it's only fair for PvP players to have something unique that can't be obtained through mind numbing PvE gameplay

Well its my opinion but the Celestia Syandana is one of if not the best looking energy effect syandana in the game that can only be maintained buy completing conclave challenges. Though it would be nice to see more items like this with different effects or styles and having their effects linked to specific events you can do in game like the syndicate syandanas, or being tied to your win loss/ kill death ratio. I would rather they not be a kind of whole sale item but something you can craft using some conclave specific resource you get after a round biased on your ranking. Maybe something  like completing the challenges in conclave gives you the resource instead. Or as a last option going with a specific token system that kinda gives out the you tried, bronze, silver, and gold that could be turned in along with standing to get the items. Just some immediate ideas.

As for separating the 2 modes I would rather they be something with more crossover. There is a good list of augments (a few that DE has just moved into PVE) that are rather interesting, and a collection of stance mods that are some nice alternatives to the PVE stances. It would maybe a way of opening things to allow it more visibility. Honestly Iv talked with a good number of people that did not know that there is PVP in warframe. I honestly did not know that it was a thing until lunaro was a thing. Atm the conclave id this one odd lump that is attached to but not quite part of warframe hidden somewhere on warframes back side. where as being one of the predominant rooms in the relays it should be treated as something more integrated and as a mode treated with a bit more respect getting a side team of a few devs to just keep track of things and work on improvements every month or so to help fix the mode and talk with the PVP community.

1 hour ago, ----Legacy---- said:

Did you really read all of the comments?

Dose it really devalue the opinion if I did not read through every word said? Its mostly just my understanding though I might be the only one who is thinking that the modes are not really separate and should be more integrated.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, KIREEK said:

I don't mind the decision made, medalions not applying to conclave is fine.

It should be noted that the medalions give 1k rep only, farming disruption to increase the standing in conclave is the worst choice possible efficiency wise.

But it would give the playerbase... wait for it... hold on... here it comes...

an option to farm rep for a Syndicate faction that they have trouble playing and/or earning standing for, due to unfortunate circumstances based on platform, region, or personal dislike and/or disinterest for the game mode.

Yes, playing Conclave would be a faster grind to earn standing for it. Everyone knows it, and everyone knows it would be highly efficient doing so. But we shouldn’t be ignoring critical feedback that PvP has deteriorated, is nonfunctional based on platform or region of the world, nonfunctional based on a player’s connection or poor system specs, or even players’ distinterest for the game mode entirely. There may be issues with players regarding Conclave that is beyond the circumstances that I’ve listed, and they are opting out of the game mode due to those circumstances. Unimedallions would have opened an option to farm rep for Conclave even if it is slow and a dire snoozefest. It would still be an option available for players otherwise to have access to.

Disabling Unimedallions from affecting Conclave faction standing was a removal of player options and has limited them to the aforementioned status with the gamemode I mentioned above.

I’m unsure if people are adamant about Conclave, or they are ignoring the problems that I’ve listed above. 

Edited by (PS4)Lei-Lei_23

1 hour ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

But it would give the playerbase... wait for it... hold on... here it comes...

an option to farm rep for a Syndicate faction that they have trouble playing and/or earning standing for, due to unfortunate circumstances based on platform, region, or personal dislike and/or disinterest for the game mode.

Yes, playing Conclave would be a faster grind to earn standing for it. Everyone knows it, and everyone knows it would be highly efficient doing so. But we shouldn’t be ignoring critical feedback that PvP has deteriorated, is nonfunctional based on platform or region of the world, nonfunctional based on a player’s connection or poor system specs, or even players’ distinterest for the game mode entirely. There may be issues with players regarding Conclave that is beyond the circumstances that I’ve listed, and they are opting out of the game mode due to those circumstances. Unimedallions would have opened an option to farm rep for Conclave even if it is slow and a dire snoozefest. It would still be an option available for players otherwise to have access to.

Disabling Unimedallions from affecting Conclave faction standing was a removal of player options and has limited them to the aforementioned status with the gamemode I mentioned above.

I’m unsure if people are adamant about Conclave, or they are ignoring the problems that I’ve listed above. 

The playerbase has no true need for anything in conclave however... the mods are PvP exclusive. The sigils and skins and Syandana yeah. But again the Syandana is only going to look good if you play conclave.... the skins??? Aren’t something that most Tenno really care about in terms of fashion frame because there’s plenty of other options. And the sigils while nice, are completely optional and other then personal achievement nobody really cares. It’s an optional gamemdoe with rewards that either can’t be used outside of PvP or rewards that don’t effect actual gameplay. It’s fair that these items aren’t earned via unimeds because more then half of the items can’t even be used outside of PvP.... and agin its. A gamemode everyone can participate in it’s nothing keeping anyone from playing PvP. Sure it’s not great by far. But it’s not as bad as everyone makes it seems. It’s not any more toxic then people on these forms it’s not any worse or better then what the playerbase makes it.

• Like 1

On 2019-09-06 at 3:28 PM, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

You can honestly max your standing in like 2 games now though so it’s not bad 

What??? Am I missing something... I tried Conclave for the first time yesterday, it took me about 7 matches, hours of queuing, then being smashed like hell, just to get 5000 standing... 

5 hours ago, PatternistSlave said:

As we should.  It's a broken embarrassment.  Universal Medallions might have encouraged players to try PvP, but you don't want that.  You enjoy feeling like you're in some exclusive club.

So. Telling players to not play and avoid a gamemode all together is healthy. But telling them to farm a low drop rate for minuscule standing is okay? Dude you’re not making sense. PvP is open to everyone it’s not an exclusive club it just feels like it cause you don’t want to put the effort forth and or try if you really want these rewards. Do you really even want these items or just the ability to say you can get them? Serious question  

• Like 1

They're not very 'universal' if you can't universally use them everywhere...

I'll cut to the chase, I'm not a fan of being unable to use these Standing Tokens in Conclave, it's a broken, meta laden, poorly balanced mode, but I don't blame DE, because balancing out a game like Warframe for PvP isn't exactly something anyone could do, not without soiling the original formula which we're all here for in the first place. DE 'plans' to make the Conclave fun or give it an event which incentivizes players to play it, but doing both is literally impossible.

It takes five minutes just to kill a relatively experienced player in Conclave, mainly because, evidently, said player doesn't want to be killed, thus that player is going to try every evasive maneuver in the book to avoid being killed, same for you, so fighting players in the Conclave genuinely sucks, because no one really dies until some Conclave Pro comes in and kills everyone with meta, that's not fun, you can't incentivize players to do 'that', that's like incentivizing a person to sit in an empty room and twiddle their thumbs for hours just to progress by a minute, capped amount, and yes, I know you can 'cheese' the Conclave, but I'm leaving that out for evident reasons.

Think of it this way, if the people who bought the Prime Access packs for a modicum of exclusivity based flexing rights have to watch as those very packs are being handed out to everyone else for a quarter of the price they payed, payed with money mind you, then Conclave players bearing the "REEEE, IT'S MIIINE" attitude shouldn't be pandered to, they deserve the same treatment.

I'm not hating on Conclave players mind you, if you got the Syandana, then power to you, you get to showcase all the digitized BS you've went through, but until DE pulls some magic trick and fixes Conclave, no one should have to put up with such a pathetic gamemode, and if they're cheesing it, what will adding Universal Medallions change? Nothing.

No one should be pandered to, ever.

Appreciate the read, I just thought I'd throw out my two cents, hopefully they don't fall on deaf ears, but I know they will anyway...

Currently Conclave and its few PVP players are like the Trials players who watched their niche farm get shut down...They received a token badge while the arcane farm was placed in the Tridolon hunt...PVP players deserve their rewards to earned through a PVP farm...not a PVE one...The gaming community across multiple games has managed to divide each video game into two main draws...PVP and PVE...

Suddenly saying you can get everything these PVP players gutted through against each other while the PVE community who had no skin in the game can now just kill the dumb Ai is pretty insulting to players who have gutted through this for years with every issue thrown at them while being hated by a massive PVE base...Now I know the standing reward is low..but, they also said it was a test..So with DE you're looking at possible eidolon lenses appearing that are Medallions with higher gains and so on...

DE has said some sort of race was coming that will be part of Conclave..also Megan hinted at new PVP events...but regardless UMs should not cross the line on PVP and PVE...unless it features a PVP mode PVE players can play like the god awful Lunaro and this new racing mode that is being signaled..

Beside... We all race each other as it is every dang mission for extraction, so finally it might actually have a reason other than gamer quirks...

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey

6 hours ago, PatternistSlave said:

As we should.  It's a broken embarrassment.  Universal Medallions might have encouraged players to try PvP, but you don't want that.  You enjoy feeling like you're in some exclusive club.

As stated many times before, i'm all in for a reduction to the grind and i'm not the only one. But on the other all we hear from PvE players in exchange is stufff like "it belongs in the trash", "The devs shouldn't put any work on improving it", or "it shouldn't even be in the game". (Since the first comment is yours i guess you see nothing wrong with the other ones linked) which shows no care for the game mode and only for its rewards, which is also a huge display of hypocrisy since it shows how a lot of PvE players feel entitled to have absolutely everything passively.

Granted, you've been there in conclave, we even fought each other a couple of times and that's enough to give you some ground to dislike it since it also makes you someone who has gone further than a lot of the players who normally complain about PvP (it's not rare to find people with 0/0 K/D doing it), which imo is quite respectable.

Also keep in mind that comments like this one or this thread in Reddit (more can be easily found all over the place) are feedback too and DE has plenty of times shown to be against players being able completely bypass content in the game, so these might also have played a role in DE's decision to make UniMeds not work in conclave. Putting all of the blame to a single tweet is giving him too much credit, seriously underestimating DE's decision making, and refusing to see flaws on oneself.

And well, with that out of the way, i wouldn't mind UniMeds working in conclave as long as it also makes it become a more integrated part of the game. There would be no reason not to do that since players could still go against RNG to get whatever DE makes it provide.

• Like 1

What pvp game, especially one with a tiny dedicated player base, isn't dominated by a meta? And Hek this is Warframe we're talking about where every aspect of the game can and is dominated by a meta. This is on par with complaining you can't do anything in an Eidolon hunt because other players keep one-shotting the phases.

Also the medallions aren't a lie, they're universal among all the PvE syndicates.

I am too much of a pansy to tackle the PvP, but i'll admit i want those conclave exclusive cosmetics.
That being said, I don't want to devalue the achievements of those dedicated conclavers by getting some work-around that allows me to bypass the hard work they had to put in to get them.

19 minutes ago, trst said:

This is on par with complaining you can't do anything in an Eidolon hunt because other players keep one-shotting the phases.

i got my first one-shot the other day, it felt great!

58 minutes ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

Currently Conclave and its few PVP players are like the Trials players who watched their niche farm get shut down...They received a token badge while the arcane farm was placed in the Tridolon hunt...PVP players deserve their rewards to earned through a PVP farm...not a PVE one...The gaming community across multiple games has managed to divide each video game into two main draws...PVP and PVE...

Suddenly saying you can get everything these PVP players gutted through against each other while the PVE community who had no skin in the game can now just kill the dumb Ai is pretty insulting to players who have gutted through this for years with every issue thrown at them while being hated by a massive PVE base...Now I know the standing reward is low..but, they also said it was a test..So with DE you're looking at possible eidolon lenses appearing that are Medallions with higher gains and so on...

DE has said some sort of race was coming that will be part of Conclave..also Megan hinted at new PVP events...but regardless UMs should not cross the line on PVP and PVE...unless it features a PVP mode PVE players can play like the god awful Lunaro and this new racing mode that is being signaled..

Beside... We all race each other as it is every dang mission for extraction, so finally it might actually have a reason other than gamer quirks...

So remove conclave too than? Im all for it.

Jokes aside no point made cuz u urself said Trials got removed, not nerfed not overworked nothing just plain Smooth big brain move removed.

And pls dont compare us Raid players to PVP players by any measures cuz to day i am pretty sure  more ppl played Trials than pvp at any given time in the hystory of Warframe.

• Like 1