Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Soloution To The A.i Problems

BoompigXD

Let's get straight to the point, because my computer is making me type this all over again.

Proposal:

Each squad of enemies has a squad commander. This commander has the same Armor Scaling we have now (The broken one) and has a set look.

This commander will bark out orders at his teammates. Telling them what to do. Such orders include "FALL BACK!" or "Focus fire on that Tenno!", and "Need Backup!"

"But Boompig? How will he know to do these things?"

Simple. Script.

Example: 3 Squad Mates have been killed, so the commander is scripted to call for backup, and he recivies more units into his squad, but now he's back down to the last 4 of his squad, so he falls back, giving is team extra sprint speed as he calls this order (Note: This will end the wave if your in defense, but their will be more units next wave).

Other examples include "Focus Fire on that Tenno!", which tells his squad to focus on a single Tenno thats advacning on them. The squad focuses all their firepower on the Tenno, dealing out massive Team DPS, Forcing the Tenno to retreat.

This my friends is how we can fix the A.I issues without Dedicated servers.

Whaddya Think?

What happens if we kill this commander? Will the squad just go back to being fairly idiotic? It's a solution, but not a permanent one.

Hmm, thats a point.

How about this? When the commander dies, he drops a red resources drop that enemies can pick up, and become the commander with. Once they pick this up, they're health and shields are refilled.

What happens if we kill this commander? Will the squad just go back to being fairly idiotic? It's a solution, but not a permanent one.

LOL good point.

Then the squad should behave panicky and disorganised, shouldn't they? And they should be protecting their commander somehow in the first place :)

Remember in Halo, when you killed the Elite guys, the Grunts would run away from you, throwing a half-assed plasma grenade randomly at your direction, or they'd wave their hands while running away?

Have that happen when you kill a commander.

For the Infested, have it so that if you kill the Alpha, the grunts fight everything, even each other, trying to assert dominance. The Corpus, have it so that they do not have team play, but rather, are solo Capitalists who scavenge weapons of higher ups. Have a grunt steal a Tech's plasma LMG. Have one riding a MOA around the map.