Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lost all love and respect for this game

(XBOX)TheWingedOne946

3 hours ago, RamonLeeYJ said:

And a pentagram isn't necessarily a religious symbol, the Sigil of Baphomet would be.

True.

I am using my knowledge of other games rules for everything below 

I belive, (don't quote me on this), that religious symbols are banned in general.

Which they should be.

In cases like this, it would be all in context. So for instance if they were called something like "Satans Underlings" (awful name I know) and had a pentagram symbol. They'd be denied for religious symbols.

But OP has probably realised he's wrong because he's been ignoring everyone who's quoting and mentioning him

On 2019-09-07 at 6:22 PM, WoodedSkate89 said:

I'm not getting into this, but Christianity isn't a cult. (Although certain branches of it can be argued as that)

Satanism is.

Religious symbols are usually banned in general but a cross isn't necessarily a religious symbol.

A crucifix would be. 

we can discuss the semantics of what is a religion vs what is a cult all day long, however:

1. a pentagram is an ancient symbol that predates abrahamic (and there for satanism) religions by thousands of years and it doesnt have anything to do with religion.

2. satanism is a recognized religion so...if you want to play that game NOT a "cult"

7 minutes ago, cha0sWyrM said:

we can discuss the semantics of what is a religion vs what is a cult all day long, however:

1. a pentagram is an ancient symbol that predates abrahamic (and there for satanism) religions by thousands of years and it doesnt have anything to do with religion.

2. satanism is a recognized religion so...if you want to play that game NOT a "cult"

Anyway, you still did not post the symbol and neither the rejection email. 

1 hour ago, cha0sWyrM said:

Satanism is a recognised cult.

Again, we need to see the OP's image before we can decide the context.

1 hour ago, WoodedSkate89 said:

its a recognized religion...as i mentioned....we could discuss the semantics of a religion vs a cult all day...i dont see much of a difference.

legally however, satanism is a religion.

Edited by cha0sWyrM

1 hour ago, WoodedSkate89 said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_of_Satan

And especially:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LaVeyan_Satanism

LaVeyan Satanism is a religion founded in 1966 by the American occultist and author Anton Szandor LaVey. 

1 hour ago, cha0sWyrM said:

its a recognized religion...as i mentioned....we could discuss the semantics of a religion vs a cult all day...i dont see much of a difference.

legally however, satanism is a religion.

1 hour ago, HugintheCrow said:

Ok fair enough, I guess its a religion.

So that's why it got banned. A religious symbol.

But if we wanna see if it was used as a religious symbol we need OP's image

As a member of the Satanic Temple, let me clarify that no, you are wrong on Satanism being a cult. Whether you like the religion or not, it is legally recognized by the govt in the US as a religion. The Satanic Church has been recognized for even longer, by quite a bit.

I would appreciate not having people slam another religion to make their's seem better.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

As a member of the Satanic Temple, let me clarify that no, you are wrong on Satanism being a cult. Whether you like the religion or not, it is legally recognized by the govt in the US as a religion. The Satanic Church has been recognized for even longer, by quite a bit.

I would appreciate not having people slam another religion to make their's seem better.

Cult:
a relatively small group of people having religious beliefs or practices regarded by others as strange or sinister.

Regardless of how you view it, Satanism (unfortunately) is viewed by others as a cult due to ignorance.