Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The ESO grind: Do I need to sacrifice a goat and mail the blood to DE?

Chaincat

Running ESO for collectively 2 months now, I have still yet to get Blazing Step Ephemera. Meanwhile I have completed the set for Braton and Lato Vandal twice. I'm honestly sick of this game mode. 1% for an ephemera when every other ephemera is 5% on a 20 minute mission is asking a lot from us. Do I need to sacrifice a goat, DE? Because I'll do it. Anything if it means this grind can be over and I can never touch it again. It's not a fun game mode for me. Literally just bring a nuke frame and just play not die. That's it. It's a distilled science for me now, and I despise playing it. All the other ephemeras are infinitely more enjoyable to farm, and probably all look better. Please DE, just revamp the ESO drop table or something. I'm tired of waiting 20 minutes wearing down my 1 and 4 key just to roll a d100 and hope I roll a 100.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, NeutuoS said:

Did you get a Hydrolyst Sigil? Same sh*t, but different, but still same.
And patchnote didn't even mention Eido sigils, at least, you know that Blazing Step Ephemera EXISTS.

Eidolons are their own hot mess. But just because DE did worse somewhere else doesn't excuse ESO.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, (XB1)Zweimander said:

I would like for them to be tradable just so I could pawn my duplicates of blazing step off personally.

Mate I'd gladly give you all my plat and all my rivens for it at this point. I like the idea of them being badges of honor, but like Hikuro said, it's not even challenge anymore. It's just luck at this point.

6 minutes ago, Chaincat said:

Mate I'd gladly give you all my plat and all my rivens for it at this point. I like the idea of them being badges of honor, but like Hikuro said, it's not even challenge anymore. It's just luck at this point.

Yeah ive actually gotten a total of three but this is only after over 300 ESO runs so the ratios are mostly correct. But the fact you cant actually earn these things in a set way removes any supposed prestige that comes with them. So they should at the very least make the things tradable!

On 2019-09-08 at 5:51 AM, Chaincat said:

Running ESO for collectively 2 months now, I have still yet to get Blazing Step Ephemera. Meanwhile I have completed the set for Braton and Lato Vandal twice. I'm honestly sick of this game mode. 1% for an ephemera when every other ephemera is 5% on a 20 minute mission is asking a lot from us. Do I need to sacrifice a goat, DE? Because I'll do it. Anything if it means this grind can be over and I can never touch it again. It's not a fun game mode for me. Literally just bring a nuke frame and just play not die. That's it. It's a distilled science for me now, and I despise playing it. All the other ephemeras are infinitely more enjoyable to farm, and probably all look better. Please DE, just revamp the ESO drop table or something. I'm tired of waiting 20 minutes wearing down my 1 and 4 key just to roll a d100 and hope I roll a 100.

just run it as you would to just get affinity... maybe the stars will be in your favor on one of the runs... after all, it is just cosmetics.

10 hours ago, Chaincat said:

Just had a run give me literally nothing for rotation C. probably a bug but if that's intentional, that's incredibly demoralizing for someone who wants the ephemera.

welcome to anti afk system (unless you were moving around a lot, this could be the reason)

there is no real notification indicating that you have been hit by it (other than defense missions), or even timer to monitor (probably so it doesnt get abused)

Edited by 5p33dy_01

• 2 weeks later...

OKAY. The time has come to express my lamentation. I have tried dropping said ephemera since the patch came out. I play there everyday. I started with 1 run per day to gain a reputation pool from syndicates. But for a month I increased the dose playing right after returning from work, i.e. from 16 to 23 - 24 with breaks. Epehemeras was introduced on March 8, 2019. Today we have September 24, 2019. Playing every day for 1 run on ESO, I've done 168 to August 23. After August 23 to this day, I calculated that on average I do 14 runs a day, for 31 days it gives 434 runs. There are 602 runes in total. If the full 8 waves are done after 20m I've already devoted over 200 hours. My question is this: what does it mean that I must earn my ephemera? Mentioning say from devstream 127 my question is this: WHEN IT WILL BE MODIFIED ESO, SO THAT IT WAS RATIONALLY DROP POSSIBLE IN TIME. Since the ARBITRATION mode has been modified and the acquisition of Seeding Step Ephemera is easily obtainable for the average mortal, it's time for the rewards and rotation system at ESO to be remodeled. Below is a link resembling DEV 127:

Edited by MeeTHooR

On 2019-09-09 at 6:24 AM, 5p33dy_01 said:

just run it as you would to just get affinity... maybe the stars will be in your favor on one of the runs... after all, it is just cosmetics.

welcome to anti afk system (unless you were moving around a lot, this could be the reason)

there is no real notification indicating that you have been hit by it (other than defense missions), or even timer to monitor (probably so it doesnt get abused)

I was moving around constantly, and throwing out abilities. I was not afking by any stretch of the meaning.