Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who is currently considered the worst Warframe in the game?

-Vahagn-

1 minute ago, Lunarez said:

I mean, a Titania with her 75% dmg reduction while Airborne still have trouble right?

er, you mean 50%? and that's not 50% DR anyways, that's a dodge Chance. the other 50% you still take full Damage from, and that's assuming that you have good luck with the 50% to begin with.
the Drones that orbit you would be more reliable, frankly. but with only 6 and no way to get more other than Recast, they're not something you can rely on.

Razorwing shouldn't be considered as having DR, as it does not. so in order to be durable, you'd have to compensate with various survivability Mods. which is what most Warframes would (and generally should, far more often than most Players do) also need to do to survive high Level Enemies.
or hoping that you can Kill Enemies fast enough that they won't Kill you.

4 minutes ago, taiiat said:

er, you mean 50%? and that's not 50% DR anyways, that's a dodge Chance. the other 50% you still take full Damage from, and that's assuming that you have good luck with the 50% to begin with.
the Drones that orbit you would be more reliable, frankly. but with only 6 and no way to get more other than Recast, they're not something you can rely on.

Razorwing shouldn't be considered as having DR, as it does not. so in order to be durable, you'd have to compensate with various survivability Mods. which is what most Warframes would (and generally should, far more often than most Players do) also need to do to survive high Level Enemies.
or hoping that you can Kill Enemies fast enough that they won't Kill you.

She has 50% dodge chance and practical tanky Tinatia use Aviator and agility drift to reduce damage by another 50% while airborne. So that's 75% DR on average.

yes, 359% Power Strength would be impractical to use on Ember. though it's even not all that practical to use on Chroma or whatever, either. but at the same time Squads of Players have been buffing each other for years too.

The case is, 300% str (no, not 359 at maximum, just 300%) is easy for Chroma to do, and while doing it as a buffer, he still has 5 mod slots to work with. Ember has 3 slot, with less base stat. How the heck you make her tanky with 3 slots. And I mean she can still be 2 shots in by a freaking lvl 60 coil drive that shoot you from 4 miles away behind your back in Orb Vallis.

ok. do you have a point that Ember as a Damage Buff takes more cognitive effort to execute? if Warframes that are more than press a button and that's it are "too hard", what is there to even really talk about? on such a balance beam, it's the Warframes that have no mechanics past pressing a button that are the problem, via offering little to no interactive features and being cutscenes with legs. we'd be pretty much done if that'll be a 'major problem'.

If the definition of "Easier/Mor comforable to use while archiving the same result" doesn't equal to being better, then I'll just stop arguing with you here. Because you start making less sense to me. You don't have eyes 360 degree and 50m radius around your character. Please don't use the logic of perfect human being you never let their guard down, never get hit by anything.

Eh. I find people mentioning Ash, Titania, Baruuk (of all frames ?!), Zephyr (!?), Trinity and Nyx as worst frames in the game and I despair.

Ash : incredible damage abilities, amazing augment, can stealth, can teleport and can strip armor. What else do you need ?

Titania : her kit synergy is terrible. Yet with Aviator and the buff of her 2 while in constant 4 she is scarcely targeted by enemies, reasonably tanky and her Dex Pixia are very decent DPS. She needs better synergy maybe but she's not BAD. You can run her through most of the game content without any issue. I take her on Kuvival and Arbitration and I do fine with her. Because very very often the enemies don't even target her.

Baruuk : dude's unkillable. He's impressively tanky. Modded for strenght you constantly keep 10-15 dagger of his 3 active which not only reduces the damage you take but also destroy enemy weapons. His 2 is almost on par with sleepquinox. His 1 is almost useless but can help building fast his Fury (Which ALSO reduces damage taken) and his 4 hits enemies behind walls and is actually pretty impressive overall. He just lacks a proper skin cuz he's ugly.

Zephyr got a 3 that makes her invincible against projectile weapons. You thought Mesa 2-3 were good ? Zephyr is better. Her 1 is very meh except on open world, her 2 is decent but mostly is here for the synergy with her 4... which is a pretty amazing ability. The tornadoes seeks enemies by themselves, and when you shot at the tornado your weapon damage spread to ALL enemies insides. Say you have a Tigris, you shot the tornado and every enemies inside it receuve full Tigris damage.

Finally Nyx assimilate build is amazing inhigh level content. You can even throw it the Chaos augment and the Mind Control augment while you're at it. She's just weaker against infested that eat her energy. But besides those...

Nah, worst frame in the game right now are Ember for being completely nerfed and Vauban for being outdated (but hopefully worked on)

3 minutes ago, Isokaze_BestKaze said:

Ash : incredible damage abilities, amazing augment, can stealth, can teleport and can strip armor. What else do you need ?

The only thing I want for Ash is a very small cone (Think like a circle with a radius VERY slightly larger than the crosshair) to aim his 4 with, on console sweeping it over enemies is painfully slow.

I just would rather not use a laser pointer to aim a skill like Bladestorm, it doesn't need to be Mesa's comical circle, just a bit more to work with.

2 minutes ago, Aldain said:

The only thing I want for Ash is a very small cone (Think like a circle with a radius VERY slightly larger than the crosshair) to aim his 4 with, on console sweeping it over enemies is painfully slow.

I just would rather not use a laser pointer to aim a skill like Bladestorm, it doesn't need to be Mesa's comical circle, just a bit more to work with.

Ah, yeah, maybe. I play on PC and sweeping through groups of enemies with Bladestorm is very easy. But I can see that being annoying with a console controller.

Just now, Isokaze_BestKaze said:

Ah, yeah, maybe. I play on PC and sweeping through groups of enemies with Bladestorm is very easy. But I can see that being annoying with a console controller.

It is, it really REALLY is.

Its even worse for somebody like me who doesn't like high control stick sensitivity because it causes me to over-correct my aim if the sensitivity is too high.

Even for PC players I don't see a small cone like I suggested making it more powerful, it would just be more of a QoL change if anything.

On 2019-09-08 at 8:07 AM, (PS4)Eluminary said:

Probably so but he is actively being worked on. 

To be fair vauban is great, but he is for a warframe of a different era.  I remember in the early lor days he was sought after, endurance camping runs too.  He is great cc but cc in warframe is largely dead, many enemies are resistant to it, many frames do to much dmg for it to matter or are do tanky cc doesn't matter.

people don't understand that you can (still, today) completely disable entire tilesets with that warframe. kuva floods where you can afk. sortie defenses. interceptions. mobile defenses. or do infinite index with enemy never scoring a single point.  

range + duration + efficiency + repelling bastille. 

whining about vauban is old. and hes getting a rework on top if it, so it is also pointless now.

Just now, tzadquiel said:

people don't understand that you can (still, today) completely disable entire tilesets with that warframe.

Vauban: "Hold on guys I'll throw down my Bastille and a few Tesla orbs and we'll-"

Sayrn/Mesa/Volt/etc. -nukes entire tileset with 1-4 button presses- "Huh? Did you say something?"

Vauban: "...Never mind"

2 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Vauban: "Hold on guys I'll throw down my Bastille and a few Tesla orbs and we'll-"

Sayrn/Mesa/Volt/etc. -nukes entire tileset with 1-4 button presses- "Huh? Did you say something?"

I still remember when vauban was at the top on the raids...
He is still a very strong CC frame (his 1 and 2 are almost useless).

Just now, Aldain said:

his 3 and 4 work without the line of sight, which already supersedes most mesa aimbot boys. matter of preference, and in the few last sorties it was me in Vauban who led my squad to victory, not saryn 🙂

Last Sortie ? That absolutely horrible Perturbation on Lua ? I carried my team with Nyx. Especially when lv80 Sentient Oculyst showed up and started murdering everything, only my Nyx Assimilate could tank them and kill the Demolyst with redeemer at the same time.

(Granted I also died twice due to freaking Zero bubble everywhere, but it would have been far worse without me using Nyx to tank)

Edited by Isokaze_BestKaze

4 minutes ago, tzadquiel said:

his 3 and 4 work without the line of sight, which already supersedes most mesa aimbot boys. matter of preference, and in the few last sorties it was me in Vauban who led my squad to victory, not saryn 🙂

1 minute ago, Isokaze_BestKaze said:

Last Sortie ? That absolutely horrible Perturbation on Lua ? I carried my team with Nyx. Especially when lv80 Sentient Oculyst showed up and started murdering everything, only my Nyx Assimilate could tank them and kill the Demolyst with redeemer at the same time.

What kinda annoys me is that people underestimate the CC frames, they are very useful in very situations... I don't want everything to be nukers, that would make Warframe monotonous and boring...

1 minute ago, 6Sanity9x said:

What kinda annoys me is that people underestimate the CC frames, they are very useful in very situations... I don't want everything to be nukers, that would make Warframe monotonous and boring...

I'm not going to say they aren't useful, however the current state of Warframe is way too reliant on "DEEPS > ALL".

I too wish that it was more balanced to where both a helpful rather than one extreme of raw damage or the other of "CC and ignore everything".

no. the current state of warframe is what you make it to be. if you're the guy who looks for all-everything meta, condition overload, spin to win, be my guest, but youre killing the game for yourself. 

niche frames with complex/non-standard builds are much more rewarding, fun, and fresh to other players too. you all gotta see my nidus build I came up with after 500h+. paper says it shouldnt, but it works so well. 

4 minutes ago, tzadquiel said:

no. the current state of warframe is what you make it to be. if you're the guy who looks for all-everything meta, condition overload, spin to win, be my guest, but youre killing the game for yourself. 

niche frames with complex/non-standard builds are much more rewarding, fun, and fresh to other players too. you all gotta see my nidus build I came up with after 500h+. paper says it shouldnt, but it works so well. 

I would be happier if there could be a better balance to not promote the dps-cheese-strats as much. 

More enemies like the Grineer Nox for one. Things that require a bit more mechanical skill, ya feel me?

1 hour ago, Isokaze_BestKaze said:

Eh. I find people mentioning Ash, Titania, Baruuk (of all frames ?!), Zephyr (!?), Trinity and Nyx as worst frames in the game and I despair.

Titania : her kit synergy is terrible. Yet with Aviator and the buff of her 2 while in constant 4 she is scarcely targeted by enemies, reasonably tanky and her Dex Pixia are very decent DPS. She needs better synergy maybe but she's not BAD. You can run her through most of the game content without any issue. I take her on Kuvival and Arbitration and I do fine with her. Because very very often the enemies don't even target her.

Baruuk : dude's unkillable. He's impressively tanky. Modded for strenght you constantly keep 10-15 dagger of his 3 active which not only reduces the damage you take but also destroy enemy weapons. His 2 is almost on par with sleepquinox. His 1 is almost useless but can help building fast his Fury (Which ALSO reduces damage taken) and his 4 hits enemies behind walls and is actually pretty impressive overall. He just lacks a proper skin cuz he's ugly.

Zephyr got a 3 that makes her invincible against projectile weapons. You thought Mesa 2-3 were good ? Zephyr is better. Her 1 is very meh except on open world, her 2 is decent but mostly is here for the synergy with her 4... which is a pretty amazing ability. The tornadoes seeks enemies by themselves, and when you shot at the tornado your weapon damage spread to ALL enemies insides. Say you have a Tigris, you shot the tornado and every enemies inside it receuve full Tigris damage.

Finally Nyx assimilate build is amazing inhigh level content. You can even throw it the Chaos augment and the Mind Control augment while you're at it. She's just weaker against infested that eat her energy. But besides those...

Nah, worst frame in the game right now are Ember for being completely nerfed and Vauban for being outdated (but hopefully worked on)

I agree Ash isn't useless, and can be pretty great, but by the time he gets to kill enemies with his 4, they're already suffering from "death by squadmate" (cause lots of nukes don't even require line of sight)

I think he needs an augment for his 4 to launch his shadow clones on enemies as soon as they're marked

The other day I was having insane fun with Nyx Assimilate carrying a Simulor Synoid. Nobody play Nyx. Nobody play Simulor. They don't know what fun they miss. You spread bubble everywhere around you, nuke groups and gets energy back for it which ensure your Assimilate runs forever.

Works with Supra Vandal too but Simulor is funnier.

And in case of a big bad guy too tanky for my weapon, Detron Mara as a sidearm with a Condition Overload melee and a stance that grants high mobility like Ninkondi Prime charged combo. Or a Redeemer P if you're lazy.

Nyx, worst frame in the game ? lul.

Edited by Isokaze_BestKaze

3 hours ago, tzadquiel said:

people don't understand that you can (still, today) completely disable entire tilesets with that warframe. kuva floods where you can afk. sortie defenses. interceptions. mobile defenses. or do infinite index with enemy never scoring a single point.  

range + duration + efficiency + repelling bastille. 

whining about vauban is old. and hes getting a rework on top if it, so it is also pointless now.

Well the kuva flood thing is  almost exactly perfect for what I was talking about.  This is an area where Cc can be valuable but the kuva guardians are completely immune to cc.  Plus frames like Inaros and others can just stand there all day and feel nothing...

Edited by (PS4)Eluminary

I have recently tried using Vauban and I gotta say he is worst frame rn. Yes some of his cc is decent but there are a LOT of alternative CC skills from other frames, while also bringing a punch.

Most of other choices (ash, nyx, zyphyer etc) are just having niche uses in comparison. Just used in correct moment they are very viable.

Ember does become meh damage wise pretty quick, but at least for majority of starchart and Lith-tier fissures she is still viable as DPS frame.

6 hours ago, taiiat said:

"it doesn't spam Corrosive Status so its bad" got it. what an insightful discussion that considers all of the tools in the game.

Funny. I don't use corrosive for all my builds. If I'm going against corpus especially, I'd use Gas. See, corrosive isn't the "one way ticket" to dealing high damage. Sorry that I don't think like those typical brainless Meta builds. I switch damages types all the time, even have tabs for specific factions, but I'm definitely not going full heat for every single Build. 

The "oh it isn't corrosive, it isn't effective" sounds the same as "I need Ember with all fire damage to do the best DPS" despite both don't work for all factions. Gotta change it up, and not do the one trick pony builds.

Sounds lazy to just try to stick to just one thing and dumb down your own DPS on different enemies. That's why it's good to have builds that can support variety, and thus why, to me, Ember's buff build doesn't really work for me. 

I'd say Vauban. I play him on Hieracon and the occassional Infested excavation/mobdef sorties but that's about it. And even then there are objectively better picks.

Would probably have to say Chroma or Gauss as the worst to be honest.

Chroma has 2 abilities that are near useless to use whereas his 2&3 are only abilities that are useful.

Gauss’ entire kit is just unoriginal, which are good abilities, but are just recycled Warframe abilities at the end of the day.

Edited by xXDeadsinxX

6 hours ago, 6Sanity9x said:

I still remember when vauban was at the top on the raids...
He is still a very strong CC frame (his 1 and 2 are almost useless).

Even bastille and Vortex have been dethroned. Strangledome is technically better than Bastille because it has a high capture capacity that doesn’t need to be modded for. The down side with Strangledome is its ability to make shooting any enemy in it impossible.

And Larva is just a better Vortex. Sure it doesn’t continuously take in enemies, but it’s initial range is far larger than Vortex so you get even more enemies drawn in immediately.