Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pride Flag Sigils!

Fiedra

I dont bother if DE does or not put Pride Flag related content into the game, if there was i would obviously use them and probably put displays on my Orbiter but its not something i deem mandatory.

I did wish the Cancer Fighting Campaign ones had more color varieties tho but i think it doesnt due to copyright issues.

Edited by Letter13
Quotes of removed posts removed.

Despite all the frustrations of this year with melee changes and other issues, I've got admit: this thread has given me more confidence in the decency and intelligence of DE staff and the community moderators than I have in other players.

I am sick of reeeeee change my good old days where I could say slurs-type punks slithering out of the rotten, mildew-filled woodwork whenever some kid makes innocent requests about things like this; especially since the oh-so-loving parents of our "advanced" nation frequently disown their own children for not conforming to their concept of "normal". And in response, this lovely community, infested with hatred like all the rest in good ol' USA, sends them death threats, humiliates and insults them, and/or doxxes them. And they do this as players of a free-to-play game. Developed in Canada. I just... ...ugh.

Consider the following: there are at least ten billion stars in the Milky Way. There may be ten thousand galaxies in a single galactic cluster. The universe is unimaginably vast, and in turn we have no mathematical concept of exactly how many galactic clusters are in it; to say nothing of the strange, near-un-observable matter in the seemingly dark and empty gulf.

Before this vast macrocosm, you made the totally meaningful and kind choice to harass someone who's likely still in college or may not even yet be out of high school. Before nigh-infinity, you decided to threaten a kid for something as arbitrary as who they're attracted to. Ask Endlessness itself if it cares; if it thinks you're any tougher for kicking those who are already down.

It doesn't. Revolting. Speak with kindness, or don't speak at all.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

Never understood the need for something like that.
I'm disabled, and I don't have to show that in a game...

But when we are at it, Fortnite has a Floss Dance Emote. Warframe could use that aswell.

Your disability shouldn't be a cudgel to beat down others oppressed groups wanting recognition,

I am disabled (mental illness) and bisexual. I have dealt with oppression from both. I'm not offended by one getting recognized because the other isn't, nor do I feel neither ever need to be recognized or discussed because I don't want that. Every one is different and may need or want that.

I think we all know what people mean when they cry about wanting their own trophies, as well. Pretending it's an issue it isn't. You're not fooling anyone.

Still really impressed with Letter13 and what they said. That meant a lot. I was in high school in the 90s and out then, and... it wasn't fun.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Navarchus said:

You're free to colour armour, sigils & even submit pride colours on your emblems - this all has been done before for years now. Go wild, mate.

So you are not bothered by someone suggesting making a sigil or emblem though, naturally. There wouldn't be any real reason other than a single one to be bothered by it. Right?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

Your disability shouldn't be a cudgel to beat down others oppressed groups wanting recognition,

I am disabled (mental illness) and bisexual. I have dealt with oppression from both. I'm not offended by one getting recognized because the other isn't, nor do I feel neither ever need to be recognized or discussed because I don't want that. Every one is different and may need or want that.

I think we all know what people mean when they cry about wanting their own trophies, as well. Pretending it's an issue it isn't. You're not fooling anyone.

Still really impressed with Letter13 and what they said. That meant a lot. I was in high school in the 90s and out then, and... it wasn't fun.

You clearly misunderstood me.
I have no problem with DE adding such thing OP is asking for. I just can't understand the need to ask for it. In a video game. What comes next? Religions wanting to express their believes in a video game?
I just think that we just shouldn't talk about our sexuality in a video game. That's it. I don't want to oppress anyone or anything. I just don't care if someone is heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual, transsexual or whatever. People are all the same to me. Especially in a video game where I only see an avatar and that's it.
What I dislike are people that try to shove things down my throat. Vegetarians that always talk about what the eat, and what I eat. Or LGBTQ-people that always have to talk about their sexuality. Really, who cares? Live and let live, that's what I believe in.

Then there is the fact, that the idea behind pride month is truly wonderful. But the internet made it into some kind of meme. A lot of people showed "support", but as soon as the month ended nobody showed anymore support. So the whole point of it was lost in the end.
Same thing with the Ice Bucket Challenge a few years back. It was raising awareness for... I couldn't even tell you what it was for without using google. It just became trend. It was fun to do it. When it was over, nobody cared about it anymore.

And last but not least we have to face reality. Showing "pride colors" is good and all. And man you will have to face some hate because of it. As we know even Warframe isn't free of bad people.
So DE will have to deal with a lot of hate speech because of that.
While nobody should back down because of something like that, I think DE should just remain neutral. 

Edited by WhiteMarker

Well I have a mental disability that amps all my senses up to 11 and makes every day hard for me to live normally yet Im not asking for an Aspergers syndrome sigal am I? Their is supporting something and then their is pandering for the sake of pandering. Nobody talks about or seems to understand what I go through either equally as much as the alphabet people in some cases. And if I can live through it and not complain or ask for support in my situation I feel they can to. Warframe is a game first and foremost, and I want it to stay that way and away from the SJW shenanigans. Might of been a little spicy earlier but adding stuff like OP suggested could cause drama and backlash down the line...

Edited by (XB1)Zweimander

11 minutes ago, (XB1)Zweimander said:

Well I have a mental disability that amps all my senses up to 11 and makes every day hard for me to live normally yet Im not asking for an Aspergers syndrome sigal am I? Their is supporting something and then their is pandering for the sake of pandering. Nobody talks about or seems to understand what I go through either equally as much as the alphabet people in some cases. And if I can live through it and not complain or ask for support in my situation I feel they can to. Warframe is a game first and foremost, and I want it to stay that way and away from the SJW shenanigans. Might of been a little spicy earlier but adding stuff like OP suggested could cause drama and backlash down the line...

And nothing of value would be lost if the folks that would get pissy about it left. Not one damn thing.

10 minutes ago, TheGrimCorsair said:

And nothing of value would be lost if the folks that would get pissy about it left. Not one damn thing.

Fair point but it could cause big number losses and a landslide of contrevercy so is it worth the potential price? I garuntee that if I were to suggest a aspergers awareness sigal (WHICH I WONT BECAUSE I DONT EXPECT OTHERS TO FOCUS ON MY PROBLEMS) it would get just as much disapproval for the same reasons I stated. We dont need a bright rainbow flag that scream "Please support me because im oppressed and you should care" for any reason. People are people at the end of the day and not everyone needs to care about you. The same goes for any niche community so im not just going against the alphabet people, but all people with physical or mental illnesses.

3 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

You clearly misunderstood me.
I have no problem with DE adding such thing OP is asking for. I just can't understand the need to ask for it. In a video game. What comes next? Religions wanting to express their believes in a video game?
I just think that we just shouldn't talk about our sexuality in a video game. That's it. I don't want to oppress anyone or anything. I just don't care if someone is heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual, transsexual or whatever. People are all the same to me. Especially in a video game where I only see an avatar and that's it.
What I dislike are people that try to shove things down my throat. Vegetarians that always talk about what the eat, and what I eat. Or LGBTQ-people that always have to talk about their sexuality. Really, who cares? Live and let live, that's what I believe in.

Then there is the fact, that the idea behind pride month is truly wonderful. But the internet made it into some kind of meme. A lot of people showed "support", but as soon as the month ended nobody showed anymore support. So the whole point of it was lost in the end.
Same thing with the Ice Bucket Challenge a few years back. It was raising awareness for... I couldn't even tell you what it was for without using google. It just became trend. It was fun to do it. When it was over, nobody cared about it anymore.

And last but not least we have to face reality. Showing "pride colors" is good and all. And man you will have to face some hate because of it. As we know even Warframe isn't free of bad people.
So DE will have to deal with a lot of hate speech because of that.
While nobody should back down because of something like that, I think DE should just remain neutral. 

There is a difference between something you can't choose and being actively oppressed for it (such as sexuality or gender) and religion, which one chooses, and which well, let's not overcomplicate things. The two do not compare.

I don't think you are in a position to speak about the internet making it a meme. Yes, corporations take advantage of it, but what does any of that have to do with anything, Do you believe support for the LGBT+ community is a meme itself? Because that's a little silly.

How does one remain neutral on human rights? I love that excuse the most as it is the most common. No you don't remain "neutral" you stand up for what is right.

You are not any different from any of the others, even though you think your meaning is sound. It's a self-justification that shows a lack of empathy for oppressed groups that you are not a part of and shouldn't have a say with regards to.

3 hours ago, (XB1)Zweimander said:

Well I have a mental disability that amps all my senses up to 11 and makes every day hard for me to live normally yet Im not asking for an Aspergers syndrome sigal? Their is supporting something and then their is panderong for the sake of pandering. Nobody talks about or seems to understand what I go through either equally as much as the alphabet people in some cases. And if I can live through it and not complain or ask for support in my situation I feel they can to. Warframe is a game first and foremost, and I want it to stay that way and away from the SJW shenanigans. Might of been a little spicy earlier but adding stuff like OP suggested could cause drama and backlash down the line...

Okay you just used the term SJW, you don't get to have your opinion considered. I think it's pretty obvious where you are speaking from. I have mental disability too. I can't work. I struggle everyday.

I don't start making assumptions about others because of my own issues. I let them control the dialogue.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

Okay you just used the term SJW, you don't get to have your opinion considered. I think it's pretty obvious where you are speaking from. I have mental disability too. I can't work. I struggle everyday.

I don't start making assumptions about others because of my own issues. I let them control the dialogue.

I have to much pride to let people feel bad for me so a universal symbol of people with my illness being oppressed and people liking me just for that would be emberassing. Ive made alot of progress to improve my mental state without anyone supporting me and it is more satisfying then people throwing a pity party for me by a long shot. Even some physically disabled people feel that way and dont want to be have that pity towards then because they are just people who have to try harder and they accept that.  The same could go for the alphabet people, difference is just like their flag they like to make a big deal of how they identify and throw a fit when people dont play along with their fantasy. People are people no matter what at the end of the day an no one deserves special treatment in this world just because they were born with a unique trait, it just means they have yo try harder to achieve the same results unless they are literally incapable of doing anything.

• Like 1

vor 2 Minuten schrieb SpicyDinosaur:

Okay you just used the term SJW, you don't get to have your opinion considered.

Since you are ruling his opinion out because of a single word, why should people consider yours?

Everyone is worth equal. I don't care what people do outside of Warframe.

I don't care if the players I am playing with are gay, straight, black, white, red, blue, green, disabled, mentally handicapped, male, female or other pronounces.

If we play together in harmony and make our mission a success - this is all I care for.

Either we lift together or fall together.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

There is a difference between something you can't choose and being actively oppressed for it (such as sexuality or gender) and religion, which one chooses, and which well, let's not overcomplicate things. The two do not compare.

Do we really want to discuss if it's that easy to chose religion?

10 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

I don't think you are in a position to speak about the internet making it a meme. Yes, corporations take advantage of it, but what does any of that have to do with anything, Do you believe support for the LGBT+ community is a meme itself? Because that's a little silly.

You really sound like you just don't want to understand others. You just want to think that everyone hates you for your sexuality. Atleast that's what I'm getting from you.
I explained what I meant by calling it a "meme". I didn't even straight up called it a meme. I said "some kind of"... I just didn't have a better term.
I don't think it is a meme. But fact is, that most people only care about a thing when it's happening. And right after it they stop carring. I used the Ice Bucket Challenge as an example for that.
If you ask people on the street if they remember the challenge, then they will say yes. If you ask them what it was raising awareness for, people probably won't know. Same with pride month. A lot of people surely heard about it. But do they know what's it about? Unlikely.

14 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

How does one remain neutral on human rights? I love that excuse the most as it is the most common. No you don't remain "neutral" you stand up for what is right.

Sure, DE should stand up. But do they have to shove it into a video game?
People use video games because they want to escape from reality. People don't want to think about politics and other stuff in video games. They want to escape all that.
So yes, remaining neutral by not putting it into the game is totally fine. 

16 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

You are not any different from any of the others, even though you think your meaning is sound. It's a self-justification that shows a lack of empathy for oppressed groups that you are not a part of and shouldn't have a say with regards to.

You just want to hate, don't you?
Do I stand up for someone? No, because I can't be bothered. Is this the best thing to do? Probably not. Is it a wrong thing to do? Far from it. If you say it's a wrong thing to do, then maybe you should change your way of seeing the world.

But hey, why am I even talking to you?
I'm a white, heterosexual man from the west. I can NEVER, EVER be right about anything. Everyone else is right all the time. But not a white man in this day and age.
I can only hope that your hostility helps your cause.
Have a nice day.

I think this sounds like a great idea! Showing solidarity with people who are far-too-often oppressed in modern society is something I think the tenno would certainly do. Has anybody come up with design ideas for an emblem/sigil showing support for LGBT+?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NoSpax said:

Since you are ruling his opinion out because of a single word, why should people consider yours?

Everyone is worth equal. I don't care what people do outside of Warframe.

I don't care if the players I am playing with are gay, straight, black, white, red, blue, green, disabled, mentally handicapped, male, female or other pronounces.

If we play together in harmony and make our mission a success - this is all I care for.

Either we lift together or fall together.

I don't care if he considers mine. It's unimportant to me, as people that say such things are. This is not some liberal centrist "we have to unite" BS. I don't unite with that kind of person or anyone that has an issue with the LGBTQ+ community.

This is about marginalized groups being kept down. And as for the other poster: asking for a symbol of unity is not requiring others to feel sorry for you. We also need more acknowledgement of mental illness (though aspergers doesn't enter into that category from what I've been told) asking for visibility instead of being swept under the rug isn't asking for people to feel sorry for you. These are all excuses you use to beat others down with, however.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WhiteMarker said:

But hey, why am I even talking to you?
I'm a white, heterosexual man from the west. I can NEVER, EVER be right about anything. Everyone else is right all the time. But not a white man in this day and age.
I can only hope that your hostility helps your cause.
Have a nice day.

michael jordan lol GIF

You have yourself a great day, too.

• Like 1

vor 3 Minuten schrieb SpicyDinosaur:

I don't care if he considers mine. It's unimportant to me, as people that say such things are. This is not some liberal centrist "we have to unite" BS. I don't unite with that kind of person or anyone that has an issue with the LGBTQ+ community.

This is about marginalized groups being kept down. And as for the other poster: asking for a symbol of unity is not requiring others to feel sorry for you. We also need more acknowledgement of mental illness (though aspergers doesn't enter into that category from what I've been told) asking for visibility instead of being swept under the rug isn't asking for people to feel sorry for you. These are all excuses you use to beat others down with, however.

You don't die from mental illness, it's a treatable (or at least managable) handicap. Cancer, Leukemia, AIDS... these are real world problems and need a base for research and cure. Research costs money and time.

If there was a limited time cute rosé colored skin for Wisp (or any other female frame) for Breast Cancer Charity, hell, I'd buy it and wear it because I am proud of being a part of something actual helpful.

What is dislike in the LGBTQ+ com, is the adult children among them which can't deal with denial. The Individuals I dealt with were pretty cool and open for a respectful discussion.

But not with them. I've been treated -isms and -phobes, just by telling my view of things and they don't accept "No" or any other answer, which could remotely defy their ideology. 

I respect everyone for their choice of life, but if you start harrassing and/or personally attacking me, it's over. And I won't listen to excuses. 

This post has been written with Bipolar Depression, get the App at: .

3 hours ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

So you are not bothered by someone suggesting making a sigil or emblem though, naturally. There wouldn't be any real reason other than a single one to be bothered by it. Right?

Sorry, I don't understand your question. I'm not offended by the LGBTQ community I'm part of if that's what you mean. If DE have time & can make sweet integrated designs the way they did the Cancer Awareness ribbon then I'm all for it. I love the Warframe art themes take on these things.

I was saying exactly what I was saying; that you're able to colour stuff whichever pride colours you like already & to go for it if that's what they want.

6 minutes ago, Navarchus said:

I was saying exactly what I was saying; that you're able to colour stuff whichever pride colours you like already & to go for it if that's what they want.

We can always use more colors. There's 2563 possible combinations of RGB, I assure you most should not overlap.