Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Corspa

Opticor Vandal - Event only?

Is there a different way to get the Opticor Vandal than playing the thermia fractures event?

Personally I would even pay Platinum to buy that weapon than playing the event, just cant stand it and playing it till 100 points is just too much for me.. I tried it... really.

Without an option to get it, I will never own that weapon.

1 minute ago, Corspa said:

Is there a different way to get the Opticor Vandal than playing the thermia fractures event?

I don't think so. But on the bright side, the event is recurring and happens relatively frequently, so you don't have to do it all right now.

Just now, Corspa said:

Personally I would even pay Platinum to buy that weapon than playing the event, just cant stand it and playing it till 100 points is just too much for me.. I tried it... really.

The event score is... cumulative. You are never forced to stay until you get 100 points. The reason why its cumulative is to -avoid- such a thing...

Can't stand closing fissures repeatedly? No Opticor Vandal for you until... what, 7 years after today...? That's how long it took for the other Vandals to be added to other content sections...

You can complete that event in 6 days or 7... even if you don't complete it now, your score is saved until the next time the fissures appear again.

8 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

I don't think so. But on the bright side, the event is recurring and happens relatively frequently, so you don't have to do it all right now.

Wish it was the same with the Glaxxion and Spectra vandals, sucks they're not tied to the disruption mode

4 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

Can't stand closing fissures repeatedly? No Opticor Vandal for you until... what, 7 years after today...? That's how long it took for the other Vandals to be added to other content sections...

Only the Braton and Lato Vandal fits that criteria.

2 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

.... right~... better check the wiki for the rest of the Vandals, since there are more than those 2.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)OriginalEquinox said:

Glaxxion and Spectra vandals

Aren't these two on the Fissures Event too? Can't remember...

2 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

.... right~... better check the wiki for the rest of the Vandals, since there are more than those 2.

vvvvv

8 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

4 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

18 minutes ago, Corspa said:

It's really not that hard to get. Just get a squad that knows what they are doing

7 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

... I didn't disagree with you though...

However, there ARE other Vandals scattered throughout available content... Unless you love criteria so much, you got stuck on it...

vor 21 Minuten schrieb Corspa:

Did someone mention, you need to play this event for the Thermia drop?

To the person, this item may appear worthless, but you actually need it to fight the Orb you stole the coolant from in the first place.

1 minute ago, Uhkretor said:

... I didn't disagree with you though...

When you say I:

7 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

better check the wiki for the rest of the Vandals, since there are more than those 2.

It implies disagreement by saying that there are more than just these 2 to consider. As if there are more than them that took so long to return.

4 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

However, there ARE other Vandals scattered throughout available content... Unless you love criteria so much, you got stuck on it...

Nah, I have better ideas on what get myself stuck on. (ง ͡ʘ ͜ʖ ͡ʘ)ง

3 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

It implies disagreement by saying that there are more than just these 2 to consider.

It implies whatever you wanted it to imply for you, and you alone.

... What it really implies is that there are more than 2 vandals that got scattered throughout available content.

Edit: The timeframe was an -example-

22 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

It implies whatever you wanted it to imply for you, and you alone.

... What it really implies is that there are more than 2 vandals that got scattered throughout available content.

Edit: The timeframe was an -example-

Now it makes sense.

I know the score will carry over to the next time the event starts, I just dont think I will play it then 😉

2 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Now it makes sense.

As it did before.

Just now, Corspa said:

I just dont think I will play it then

Its recurring, doesn't matter how many times you attempt at it. Its just a matter of time 😛

10 minutes ago, Corspa said:

I know the score will carry over to the next time the event starts, I just dont think I will play it then 😉

You can also put multiple thermia canisters into a fracture and it’ll make the process of getting points go faster and the cost of defending it being harder.

You get some sick mods too. I love the amalgam mods, play thje event at your own pace, I'm ´pretty sure you'll get everything eventually

1 hour ago, Uhkretor said:

Aren't these two on the Fissures Event too? Can't remember...

No, these were from the Disruption event which we have only seen once 😞

EDIT: This in reference to Glaxion Vandal and Spectran Vandal.

1 hour ago, Corspa said:

No but there should be. The event is reoccurring, however it's more fun watching paint dry. 

I believe there should be parts available doing invasions. 

3 minutes ago, (XB1)SixGunLove said:

No but there should be. The event is reoccurring, however it's more fun watching paint dry. 

I believe there should be parts available doing invasions. 

You have to do the event whether you want Opticor or not. You need thermia to fight Exploiter... Who happens to drop Hildryn.

9 minutes ago, nslay said:

You need thermia to fight Exploiter... Who happens to drop Hildryn.

I got my 1 thermia, killed the exploiter, bought hildryn. 

Opticor Vandal parts should still be available randomly through invasions.