Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

POLL: Kill OR Save The Lotus (Community Opinion)

VotumPrime

1 hour ago, Sean said:

doesn't make sense from a development standpoint to kill her

I disagree. I share Shy's opinion that it only makes sense to kill her from a progression stand point. 

i want an option to select a new navigator, someone like Ordis, who is really the only one who actually cares for the Tenno. DE has had plenty of time to record new voice lines for Ordis to be our new navigator, or any other Tenno ally to be our navigator for that matter. 

Edited by (XB1)SixGunLove

3 minutes ago, (XB1)SixGunLove said:

I disagree. I share Shy's opinion that it only makes since to kill her from a progression stand point. 

i want an option to select a new navigator, someone like Ordis, who is really the only one who actually cares for the Tenno. DE has had plenty of time to record new voice lines for Ordis to be our new navigator, or any other Tenno ally to be our navigator for that matter. 

Whoa damn. Shy smashed all the key points. @CephalonShy Yo you 1000% savage with zero chill. ;(

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, (XB1)SixGunLove said:

I disagree. I share Shy's opinion that it only makes since to kill her from a progression stand point. 

[...]

You're skipping over the effort that would have to be put into it, that is why I see it incredibly unlikely.

As I said early on, I'd kill off the Lotus if given the choice, that is the option that I prefer, and from a story-standpoint it would fit better, but looking at development costs, it just wouldn't make sense for DE. The Lotus is "easy" for DE with Rebecca being the voice, too.

Edited by Sean

1 minute ago, Sean said:

Stalker / Shadow Stalker also are little effort.

Sure. New model, new combat style, new attacks and animations, new AI... Very low effort.

2 minutes ago, Sean said:

You need to look at it from a development standpoint

Yeah, it still doesn't sound implausible. Ordis is voice in-house by a weapon artist, Darvo (who already has most of Lotus' lines) is voiced in-house by a programmer. There are ways. Very, very cheap ways. Lotus only has 434 rather short lines outside of quests, those can be knocked out in a week, considering the people work in-house. And considering how long it's been since they revealed the New War, they could have recorded 2-3 lines a day during the launch break and be done by now.

• Like 2

Lotus has been introduced as an emotionless commissioner that does nothing other than brief you on your mission.

The fact that DE decided that she's suddenly our "space mom" is just bizarre.

She has no personality. She didn't do anything mom-like aside from putting the operator into their seat after they get attacked by stalker on the orbiter.

All she does is repeat the same lines I've heard for the past six years in the same monotone voice.

And she apparently needs to lead me on every mission, including the ones that she has nothing to do with. Konzu is right! This mission is mine now!

Edited by VentiGlondi
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, Katinka said:

Personally I think there is opportunity for growth of the character to become something new and more interesting if we don't kill her but rather convince her to find her own path and stop following other characters' ideas of what she should be.

Pretty much. From the start she was jsut a character shapped by the community.

The Space Mom thing started before Natah Quest was a thing and DE rolled with it.

Then a lot of people wanted her gone after seeing how "unrelyable" she was in TSD and TWW (Because "conflict in stories make the plot" is not a thing is there is no conflict and people dont make mistakes). The Apostasy Prologue happened.

Then DE makes a #*!%ing pool about if you want her alive or dead...

Holy sh*t, it juts NOW dawned on me! Really, FFS! Everything that is happening with the character is going full on "what the community wants", not really sure I like it.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, (XB1)SixGunLove said:

i just don’t want full control of the lotus’s destiny nor do I want to fully give up on her for it to be a satisfying narrative and conclusion

14 minutes ago, nslay said:

I feel this poll and the original post are trying to manipulate what I think. The poll even adds reasons for why I should hold a position.

For example " Yes. Save her cause that will make things easier for the writers." But that's not why I would answer yes.

But " Nope. More interesting to let her die. Not attached to her as a character anyways." and "Don't really care. Not really attached to or bonded with the Lotus anyways." which also have less negative connotations attached as their positions... those written into the original post.

Let me be clear... Don't write your reasons into poll options please. And don't start with an educational rant that precedes the poll! I won't vote.

But don't you want things to be easier on the writers too?

15 minutes ago, nslay said:

I feel this poll and the original post are trying to manipulate what I think. The poll even adds reasons for why I should hold a position.

For example " Yes. Save her cause that will make things easier for the writers." But that's not why I would answer yes.

But " Nope. More interesting to let her die. Not attached to her as a character anyways." and "Don't really care. Not really attached to or bonded with the Lotus anyways." which also have less negative connotations attached as their positions... those written into the original post.

Let me be clear... Don't write your reasons into poll options please. And don't start with an educational rant that precedes the poll! I won't vote.

This logic is flawed.

He can state his reasoning. It's what makes you consider both sides

2 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Pretty much. From the start she was jsut a character shapped by the community.

The Space Mom thing started before Natah Quest was a thing and DE rolled with it.

Then a lot of people wanted her gone after seeing how "unrelyable" she was in TSD and TWW (Because "conflict in stories make the plot" is not a thing is there is no conflict and people dont make mistakes). The Apostasy Prologue happened.

Then DE makes a #*!%ing pool about if you want her alive or dead...

Holy sh*t, it juts NOW dawned on me! Really, FFS! Everything that is happening with the character is going full on "what the community wants", not really sure I like it.

Ah. So it does seem like we have influence after all Kaoboi. But only as a community as a whole. RIP Tenno Council.

• Like 1

Just now, WoodedSkate89 said:

This logic is flawed.

He can state his reasoning. It's what makes you consider both sides

" Yes. Save her cause that will make things easier for the writers."  is not an option for me... because I don't actually care about the writers when it comes to Lotus. But "Yes" alone might be or "Yes. <Insert my reason>." might be.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, (XB1)SixGunLove said:

How long has it been since TWW? 2-3 years? Plenty of time for a studio of 400 to get a slew of new voice navigator packs done. 

Not sure what the point you're trying to make there.

Yes, that would be more than enough time, but DE hasn't shown any interest in doing so; we still have "Ordis-Lotus" after all, and even that doesn't make much sense.

Edited by Sean

1 minute ago, nslay said:

" Yes. Save her cause that will make things easier for the writers."  is not an option for me... because I don't actually care about the writers when it comes to Lotus. But "Yes" alone might be or "Yes. <Insert my reason>." might be.

Then vote yes because yes.

Just now, WoodedSkate89 said:

I don't think that was his argument. He said to vote to make it easier for the writers.

That's the poll option. Want a picture?

Let me be clear, I don't share any of the attached reasons for why I would hold any of these positions. Why are these specific reasons (which are hinted or even written into the original post) even attached to answers on a poll that should really read "Nope.", "Yes.", "Don't care."

This is a bad poll and I feel the OP is trying to manipulate us.

• Like 1

Just now, nslay said:

That's the poll option. Want a picture?

Let me be clear, I don't share any of the attached reasons for why I would hold any of these positions. Why are these specific reasons (which are hinted or even written into the original post) even attached to answers on a poll that should really read "Nope.", "Yes.", "Don't care."

This is a bad poll and I feel the OP is trying to manipulate us.

1. Ok I actually get your viewpoint now (it wasn't as clear before) and I agree that the reasons on the poll are too specific.

2. I don't think it's manipulation, that's a bit far. Just a mistake