Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

POLL: Kill OR Save The Lotus (Community Opinion)

VotumPrime

20 minutes ago, nslay said:
  Hide contents

Mass genocide of a race that would traffic premium humans, torture them so that they lose all sense of self, identity and will, and then transfer their own consciousness into them?

Did we kill any other elements of the Orokin, like the merchants and craftsmen that are still their own faction today?

What do you call the Grineer and Corpus?

Or even the Sentient?

Strangely, I hadn't even figured the Orokin in my comment because I figured it was generally accepted that they had it coming.

10 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

What do you call the Grineer and Corpus?

Or even the Sentient?

Strangely, I hadn't even figured the Orokin in my comment because I figured it was generally accepted that they had it coming.

Oh, I thought you were conveying disapproval of Lotus for having us commit mass genocide. Generally, mass genocide is not the answer and is frowned upon... but I figure we killed the very specific parts of the Orokin who unanimously committed inhuman atrocities (i.e. 100% of that part of the Orokin needed to be killed... hence genocide). It's not clear to me where the Grineer stood in the Orokin hierarchy, or if they stood in the Orokin hierarchy at all, but the Corpus were some of the merchants and craftsmen from what I understand.

18 minutes ago, nslay said:

Oh, I thought you were conveying disapproval of Lotus for having us commit mass genocide. Generally, mass genocide is not the answer and is frowned upon... but I figure we killed the very specific parts of the Orokin who unanimously committed inhuman atrocities (i.e. 100% of that part of the Orokin needed to be killed... hence genocide). It's not clear to me where the Grineer stood in the Orokin hierarchy, or if they stood in the Orokin hierarchy at all, but the Corpus were some of the merchants and craftsmen from what I understand.

The grineer were pretty much slave labor in the Orokin era, bottom of the hierarchical totem pole. They were designed for subservience and it's feasible even to assume their genetic defects may have been on purpose to keep them from rising from their position. (edit: the recent cinematic trailer also suggests they were used as grunt soldiers in military efforts as well)

Edited by Cubewano
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, VotumPrime said:

Things aren't looking too good for Natah. Lets hope the Sentients are able to win against us.

unknown.png

Reminder: the forums are no more accurate than twitter, as they're still only a small percentage of the playerbase, one dedicated to giving feedback. There's a much higher chance, on a feedback-dedicated site, to find people with some kind of bone to pick.

A better option would be to run a poll on Reddit as well, if possible, then use the data from this one, the twitter one and the reddit one.

3 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Reminder: the forums are no more accurate than twitter, as they're still only a small percentage of the playerbase, one dedicated to giving feedback. There's a much higher chance, on a feedback-dedicated site, to find people with some kind of bone to pick.

A better option would be to run a poll on Reddit as well, if possible, then use the data from this one, the twitter one and the reddit one.

Actually, I had my clan leader do that since he posts there often. So there's a link to that same poll there too.

Well maybe clan leader isn't accurate. I run a branch clan of the same clan.

Edited by VotumPrime

I'm not personally invested in the Lotus. I'm honestly tired of her character. She's the most bland out of the cast and doesn't come across as very motherly at all, even if the Tenno are attached to her. She turned her backs on us, and in the Ropalolyst missions, she claims that everything was a facade created by Orokin reprogramming. I see Rebecca in her normal persona as a much better Space Mom than Lotus. However, if she were to redeem herself in a major way, then have a personality shift that presents her as an actual motherly persona by the end of the New War, then I see merit in saving her. If not motherly, then at least a more interesting character with some emotional depth to her. "There's a large security force heading your way. It's the grineer." gets old after hearing it in the same, dry voice a million times over. But unless those changes happen as part of the story, I wouldn't want to save her.

On another note: Please let me get rid of purple space mom mission guide.

Edited by Xehalin

5 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

It's unlikely anyone is going to be managing a poll more accurate than the official one DE already did on twitter that got like 40k responses, threads like this are pointless so far as getting a better grasp on public opinion if we're being realistic. no standard player or thread is going to pulling that level of response or greater on their own. 

7 hours ago, VotumPrime said:

We all care about Rebecca but the Lotus as a character is something I personally haven't really grown attached to at all in these past 6 years and it's the same with many others. I'm going to quote what @HugintheCrow said on this:

"It's clear that DE wants us to be bonded with Lotus and the story is going in that way.

I'm one of the people who aren't, however, and that's for a simple reason: writing. Something that I believe DE is bad at.

The best-made bonds with fictional characters come naturally, without the writer shoving things onto the reader.

DE has been shoving Lotus-spacemom thing since they came up with the idea that Lotus is going to be an important character, and not just a voice that gives missions.

Hence, I give no Heks about her, because all I think about Lotus is what I know about her from when I first met her, in 2014. And she was NOT a space mom back then (outside of Rebecca memes of course).

If you listen to the early (and I mean some of the first) voicelines of Lotus, it's obvious she's way colder, serious and cult-leader-like persona that buys Tenno services, because we were supposed to be mercs at the beginning (and it shows).

Vor is supposed to be killed not because he's evil and he hurt us, but because Lotus worships the Orokin and Vor is suspected (not even confirmed, talk about religious zeal) to have Orokin tech, and that's blasphemy apparently.

tl;dr: I get what plot DE is trying to go for, but the keyword is "trying". Any sort of drama and feelings that Warframe's story tries to convey are lost on me, because I can't get over DE's failed attempt at making a story form the middle, instead of fixing the beginning and redoing all material before the plot-switch*.

*No, I don't believe that Tenno kids wer planned from the get go, too much inconsistent lore points to them being thrown in with no thought about consequences.

Now, you might ask, am I gonna kill lotus?

I don't know, I only choose the middle options, every time, in every quest, and I don't know what the middle option will be in the New War."

And this is what those who want to save her say:

unknown.png

But I am not satisfied. I must know for sure whether you guys care about the Lotus and whether or not you want to save her or kill her.

This is why I need your help. I made a poll. Please help me spread it around to your clans and alliances and your circle of friends on discord so we can get their votes and find out for sure how the entire playerbase really feels about the Lotus: https://strawpoll.com/xpegd65s

unknown.png

unknown.png

Spin it how you want.  I’m ready for a Civil war and I’ll kill anyone who even thinks about raising gun and blade to her.  Take your your Octavia-level-annoying verbally skewed color pie charts that have counters to them that you can find in 2 seconds if you ask Progenitor Cephalon Google and believe what you want.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Spin it how you want.  I’m ready for a Civil war and I’ll kill anyone who even thinks about raising gun and blade to her.  Take your your Octavia-level-annoying verbally skewed color pie charts that have counters to them that you can find in 2 seconds if you ask Progenitor Cephalon Google and believe what you want.

Civil War would be epic. Except they should give the bad guys the opportunity to play in Stalker mode and hunt down those who side with her still. 😛

7 hours ago, SenorClipClop said:

Your poll is hot Kubrow poop. The only way I can say I want to save the Lotus is "Save her cause that will make things easier for the writers", not because I care about the character. If you're actually looking for the community's opinion, don't paint over it with your own before you even hear from anyone.

Yep.  Weighted and Biased.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, VotumPrime said:

Ugh I'm insulted Silverback. You of all people were the last who I would have expected to be a Lotus fanboy. 

Until she is proven to be entirely acting of her own free will, she gets the benefit of the doubt.

I suppose if you find out you’ve been duped in that respect, either by the Sentient Collective or the MITW, or we have been misled, you’ll just chock it up to “bad writing by DE” and make a poll about it.

If she truly leaves me no choice, I’ll do what I must, but the only thing the pitchforks and torches benefit in the coming war is TMITW and DEATH.  

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Until she is proven to be entirely acting of her own free will, she gets the benefit of the doubt.

I suppose if you find out you’ve been duped in that respect, either by the Sentient Collective or the MITW, or we have been misled, you’ll just chock it up to “bad writing by DE” and make a poll about it.

If she truly leaves me no choice, I’ll do what I must, but the only thing the pitchforks and torches benefit in the coming war is TMITW and DEATH.  

I mean we could imprison her. Like how we did with our parents on board the Zariman, till we can figure out for sure what exactly is going on.

26 minutes ago, yadalaboth said:

It's what happens when your entire development constitutes nothing but either retcons or plot twists. Plus, sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. (Loads Vasto Prime) 

Lmao. Honestly I am more afraid of the story ending up messy beyond understanding and recognition. 

4 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

They're adaptors - they're Doomsday, SCP-682. A whole species of them. So would that even work?

Loza. We went over this so many times. We are Tenno. We are Void Demons and angry children filled with tantrum in possession of the most powerful things in the whole system. We'll probably find some type of cheese that will one shot them like how we do with eidolons and the Sentients.

If we killed our real parents, we can totally kill our fake parents.

Edited by VotumPrime