Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

xHeretic

Operator bad?

Played as operator 1 h 30 mins on arbi, never died, doing the most damage, less dagame taken, my team mates died since the 43 excavator and in the end i had to extract because everyone except me died. Just a fiendly reminder of the potential of the operator to the vast part of the community who thinks the operator just sucks and can't do high level content (300+ lvl of enemies and I was still able to kill them with my amp)

**EDIT / DISCLAIMER**:  I didn't know now umbra kills and dmg are tracked, my mistake, i'm gonna do more test on arbi because of that.

Mission: Exca Arbi - Infested - Earth

Stats (if you don't wanna view the images):

0 Deaths / 1286 Operator kills / 72 Paracesis kills / 53% Damage done ( PUB Squad was 1 Frost, 2 Khora) / 12% Damage received

P.S: The stats doesn't show the umbra kills, as you can see I've just done 72 melee kills with him

Images for proof in spoilers:

Spoiler

CBKufLe.jpg

YHFLj8i.jpg

59yQc7j.jpg

jVf2Ppy.jpg

SETUP: 
Vazarin School with:

Spoiler
On 2019-09-08 at 10:28 PM, xHeretic said:

Im gonna drop screencaps (they are on spanish) of the exact same build I was using (minus my Hukou Prime, because didn't use them at all)

Operator Build:

Reveal hidden contents

is7p0Di.jpg

AMP:

Reveal hidden contents

hpccvsp.jpg

Umbra:

Reveal hidden contents

rZIMplf.jpg

Vectis Prime:

Reveal hidden contents

L4sKkUj.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

pbcVGRL.jpg

Paracesis:

Reveal hidden contents

lTB8vaM.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

UGXin6h.jpg

Helios Prime:

Reveal hidden contents

lTaU9Lu.jpg

4 minutes ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

Um, what?

Played as operator 1 h 30 mins on arbi, never died, doing the most damage, my team mates died abount since the 43 excavator and in the end i had to extrat because everyone except me died. Just a fiendly reminder of the potential of the operator to the vast part of the community who thinks the operator just sucks and can't do high level content (300+ lvl of enemies and I was still able to kill them)

(im gonna add this to the main post)

5 minutes ago, xHeretic said:

Played as operator 1 h 30 mins on arbi, never died, doing the most damage, my team mates died abount since the 43 excavator and in the end i had to extrat because everyone except me died. Just a fiendly reminder of the potential of the operator to the vast part of the community who thinks the operator just sucks and can't do high level content (300+ lvl of enemies and I was still able to kill them)

(im gonna add this to the main post)

So how much time, effort, and focus farming was required to reach this? Because honestly the biggest problem with Operators is that they require far more investment than frames. And they aren’t exactly the most rewarding for that investment.

10 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

So how much time, effort, and focus farming was required to reach this? Because honestly the biggest problem with Operators is that they require far more investment than frames. And they aren’t exactly the most rewarding for that investment.

Idk, I had farmed "actively" for like 1 month or maybe 2 in the past to get all the unbidings and then just casually gained focus to full unlock schools (or at least make them playable). I've spended more time farming for frames and stuff for frames rather than for the operator, but I've played so much time as operator that I really don't know how much time i've invested, but never felt like it was something painful (getting endo before the existence of ESO or Arbi was more painful imho)

P.S: I dont understand why someone would "haha" your post, most people would agree with you

1 minute ago, IceColdHawk said:

Quick reminder that Magus Lockdown is not your amp 😁

Quick reminder  magus lockdown can't kill everything by itself, and Virtous Spike exist 😄 , with that (and a Cantic / Pencha / Certus) you can still kill with your amp 😜

Theyre simply not feel good to play as compared to, you know a Warframe?

playing as janky space kid just so unfun to me. sure they can be op if you abuse stuff like magus lockdown thats not like anything amazing really.

Just now, --DSP--Jetstream said:

Theyre simply not feel good to play as compared to, you know a Warframe?

playing as janky space kid just so unfun to me. sure they can be op if you abuse stuff like magus lockdown thats not like anything amazing really.

So, it's na abuse to use magus lockdown but isn't abuse if you use a nuke warframe to kill everything on sight? (mesa, equinox, saryn, volt, etc)

And yes, they feel really good, but maybe it's just a taste thing? That's why I said "Just a fiendly reminder of the potential of the operator to the vast part of the community who thinks the operator just sucks and can't do high level content 

You've caught my interest, but results screens don't tell me anything.  Here's a few questions:

1. Is Magus Lockdown your primary source of damage?  If not, which Arcanes are you using?
  2. Which amp are you using, and what kind of damage can it do?
  3. What does your focus tree look like?

Magus Lockdown is one of the least balanced items in any game I ever played.

Dash and everything is stunned, keep doing it and everything dies without fighting back.

Combine it with Naramon so the enemies don't fly away and your operator energy never runs out and suddenly you can play with godmode and everything dies in 2-3 "hits".

There are some exceptions that can deal better with Lockdown, but the long stun/sleep still allows you to bypass that.

Don't get used to it, this will get nerfed someday.

1 minute ago, Zekkii said:

You've caught my interest, but results screens don't tell me anything.  Here's a few questions:

1. Is Magus Lockdown your primary source of damage?  If not, which Arcanes are you using?
  2. Which amp are you using, and what kind of damage can it do?
  3. What does your focus tree look like?

1) Yes and no, magus lockdown can't kill everything by itself in a long term mission, that's why I use more the amp
2) Cantic / Pencha / Certus with Virtuos Spike (Puncture dmg)
3) Vazarin with 2 disabled nodes as you can see in the image below; just for more energy efficencyjNBrWXK.jpg

1 minute ago, 16Bitman said:

Dash and everything is stunned, keep doing it and everything dies without fighting back.

Combine it with Naramon so the enemies don't fly away and your operator energy never runs out and suddenly you can play with godmode and everything dies in 2-3 "hits".

There are some exceptions that can deal better with Lockdown, but the long stun/sleep still allows you to bypass that.

I hope they nerfed it more, in fact now i'm compelled to do a video with my old setup of two magus husk insted of 1 husk and 1 lockdown like now

30 minutes ago, xHeretic said:

1) Yes and no, magus lockdown can't kill everything by itself in a long term mission, that's why I use more the amp
2) Cantic / Pencha / Certus with Virtuos Spike (Puncture dmg)
3) Vazarin with 2 disabled nodes as you can see in the image below; just for more energy efficencyjNBrWXK.jpg

What mobs were you up against?

4 minutes ago, VotumPrime said:

What mobs were you up again?

Infestation, i'm gonna do videos (again) without magus lockdown for all factions in Arbi to have more enough proof of the potential of the operator, maybe you'll see them here in general discuss soon.

1 hour ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Yep, them waybounds especially. Jeez!

6 minutes ago, xHeretic said:

Infestation, i'm gonna do videos (again) without magus lockdown for all factions in Arbi to have more enough proof of the potential of the operator, maybe you'll see them here in general discuss soon.

I mean if it's infestation then that makes sense I guess. But I would have been surprised if it were armored units like the Grineer.

2 minutes ago, VotumPrime said:

I mean if it's infestation then that makes sense I guess. But I would have been surprised if it were armored units like the Grineer.

You will be surprised then 👻

8 minutes ago, xHeretic said:

You will be surprised then 👻

Well apart from Magus Lockdown. I'm not so sure. I guess I will go do some experimenting in the Simulacrum then.

1 hour ago, xHeretic said:

P.S: I dont understand why someone would "haha" your post, most people would agree with you

It’s either because someone really wants me to look wrong on this particular subject. Or it’s some guy who’s very keen on trying to make me look bad because I hate Revenant with a passion and call him the worst frame in the game. But hey free rep.

3 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

It’s either because someone really wants me to look wrong on this particular subject. Or it’s some guy who’s very keen on trying to make me look bad because I hate Revenant with a passion and call him the worst frame in the game. But hey free rep.

Imagine thinking rev is worse than a frame like ember or hydroid, wild.

You have Excalibur Umbra running a sniper while you're running around in operator mode. His kills absolutely do count towards your kill count. You are right that Operators are very capable, but I'm almost 99% sure that most of your damage came from Umbra and not the operator, or a combination of Magus Lockdown and Umbra.

2 minutes ago, Xehalin said:

You have Excalibur Umbra running a sniper while you're running around in operator mode. His kills absolutely do count towards your kill count. You are right that Operators are very capable, but I'm almost 99% sure that most of your damage came from Umbra and not the operator, or a combination of Magus Lockdown and Umbra.

No, the damage umbra does doesnt show up as stats, sadly

I just made a video but maybe wou woukldn't like it at all because i still was using a sniper :(, im gona do one with just my hikou prime to more proof 😄

8 minutes ago, xHeretic said:

No, the damage umbra does doesnt show up as stats, sadly

I just made a video but maybe wou woukldn't like it at all because i still was using a sniper :(, im gona do one with just my hikou prime to more proof 😄

So I have been testing it out. Pencha hits really hard when it does crit. But I still feel like Magus Lockdown is a lot more effective.

Did you have a Trinity in your team?

1 hour ago, 16Bitman said:

SS to try this, lol.