Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operator bad?

vanaukas

Just now, VotumPrime said:

So I have been testing it out. Pencha hits really hard when it does crit. But I still feel like Magus Lockdown is a lot more effective.

Did you have a Trinity in your team?

No, I was the healer, I main Vazarin. It's effective (M L) but because everyone is complaining "you'r using lock down haha" or "you'r using umbra with sniper haha" i'm gonna do right now a video with umbra with hikou prime without M L

14 minutes ago, xHeretic said:

No, the damage umbra does doesnt show up as stats, sadly

I just made a video but maybe wou woukldn't like it at all because i still was using a sniper :(, im gona do one with just my hikou prime to more proof 😄

It doesn't, huh?

Edited by Xehalin
  • Like 6

20 minutes ago, xHeretic said:

I didn't know! When i tested it umbra doesnt show up stats at all. Thanks, i'm gonna make a video without umbra 😄

There's a lot of issues with stat tracking for players who aren't hosting.  I've experienced similar issues with Equinox's duality clone, and from brief testing it doesn't appear to show Excalibur Umbra's kills either.

12 minutes ago, sinnae said:

Do you have a video of the full run? Pictures honestly aren't really telling me much and I'd be interested to see someone going to 45 digs without ever using their frame.

Nope, but i'm right now doing a solo survival (tried to go public but I didn't find a squad, so I jumped on solo for better performance). The first 20 mins are uploading right now, but I think is pretty much useless because i can't compare to anyone and survival isn't that difficult, but htat was avaible at that time.

9 minutes ago, Zekkii said:

There's a lot of issues with stat tracking for players who aren't hosting.  I've experienced similar issues with Equinox's duality clone, and from brief testing it doesn't appear to show Excalibur Umbra's kills either.

But wihout umbra woukld clarify everyhting up :D, I just want to show something awesome (for me) and I hate to be reduced to "but u using umbra with sniper" or "magus lockdown haha lol".

I mean, most anything can solo a 20 minute survival. I was more curious about how you were managing to solo defend excavators while also delivering power cans at 45 digs into an arby. My operator is getting stronger but she's nowhere near that strong yet, even with Lockdown.

3 minutes ago, sinnae said:

I mean, most anything can solo a 20 minute survival. I was more curious about how you were managing to solo defend excavators while also delivering power cans at 45 digs into an arby. My operator is getting stronger but she's nowhere near that strong yet, even with Lockdown.

I wasnt alone, there was a frost and 2 khora (was a pub squad), so I was able to defend and delivering cans, they helped too

(20 mins is the part one)

Edited by xHeretic

39 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Well Danse Macabre is pretty much just a better WoF so he’s technically better than Ember (which isn’t saying much), and Hydroids a good frame with nowhere to really shine rn. While Revenant is just the worst.

Rev is also an invincible frame, who has % damage options for hard targets. Your hate is irrational gears, dunno where the hate-boner comes from.

Just now, sinnae said:

Yes, I see. Somewhat off-topic but can operators carry/pick up revive pips?

Actually i'ms tarting to think i f*cked up the idea of the solo survival because maybe someone will think i've used the frame in the 20 missing mins, to avoid that i'm gonna go on the missions just with melee and valkyr, so if i kill something as valkyr will be registered as melee kill, I feel so dumb now ahahah

And yes, is like the index, the operator health drop too.

1 minute ago, Grey_Star_Rival_Defender said:

Wow. When Sacrifice first released Umbra's stats weren't tracked while in Operator mode, but I recall DE listing a fix in a change log for Umbra, Duality Specter, Celestial Twin, and I brushed it off thinking they were bluffing.

Same for me, but I was thinking it just was an index fix (that was i read at least) and never tested it again

2 minutes ago, Grey_Star_Rival_Defender said:

Wow. When Sacrifice first released Umbra's stats weren't tracked while in Operator mode, but I recall DE listing a fix in a change log for Umbra, Duality Specter, Celestial Twin, and I brushed it off thinking they were bluffing.

I guess they weren't! I knew that Umbra's stats were tracked because I did an index with a guy who ran a riven'd kohm and umbra, then went operator mode, and he carried our team to 1 hr+. By the end of it, he had the most kills even though all he did was camp with umbra. He was still wiping Brokers out into the 300s, while I fell off mid 150s-200s with my Rhino build.

6 hours ago, 844448 said:

Ok OP, now send build. I want this power

Im gonna drop screencaps (they are on spanish) of the exact same build I was using (minus my Hukou Prime, because didn't use them at all)

Operator Build:

Spoiler

is7p0Di.jpg

AMP:

Spoiler

hpccvsp.jpg

Umbra:

Spoiler

rZIMplf.jpg

Vectis Prime:

Spoiler

L4sKkUj.jpg

Spoiler

pbcVGRL.jpg

Paracesis:

Spoiler

lTB8vaM.jpg

Spoiler

UGXin6h.jpg

Helios Prime:

Spoiler

lTaU9Lu.jpg

Edited by xHeretic
I uploaded another operator build, sorry

3 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

So how much time, effort, and focus farming was required to reach this? Because honestly the biggest problem with Operators is that they require far more investment than frames. And they aren’t exactly the most rewarding for that investment.

This. You HAVE to have eidolon lenses and you HAVE to either do something obscure and cheesy or run a nuke on eso repeatedly (or get Carried by a nuke) day after day after day.

Compared to any given warframe where even 10+forma (just for example) can be busted out in a day.

3 hours ago, xHeretic said:

Idk, I had farmed "actively" for like 1 month or maybe 2 in the past to get all the unbidings and then just casually gained focus to full unlock schools (or at least make them playable). I've spended more time farming for frames and stuff for frames rather than for the operator, but I've played so much time as operator that I really don't know how much time i've invested, but never felt like it was something painful (getting endo before the existence of ESO or Arbi was more painful imho)

P.S: I dont understand why someone would "haha" your post, most people would agree with you

I'm tempted to say "but hey, that's time x number of frames vs just your one operator".

But you got a point when you consider the time sink of getting all the endo you need for all the primed mods and such. I personally just really dont like the focus mechanics themselves.

5 minutes ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

This. You HAVE to have eidolon lenses and you HAVE to either do something obscure and cheesy or run a nuke on eso repeatedly (or get Carried by a nuke) day after day after day.

Compared to any given warframe where even 10+forma (just for example) can be busted out in a day.

I'm tempted to say "but hey, that's time x number of frames vs just your one operator".

But you got a point when you consider the time sink of getting all the endo you need for all the primed mods and such. I personally just really dont like the focus mechanics themselves.

Eh, I find focus farming to be fine as it is. You hunt eidolons or do focus runs on ESO. It's a slow burn for progression. I think it gives it a lot of weight to be able to go from a Smolperator to biggus diccus Operator who can run endurance survival runs by itself. Now is it perfect? No. Is it worth the effort? it depends on who you ask. But I think it's fine as is because it gives me something to work on and build over time, and there is definitely a huge difference from a mote amp operator with no focus schools to a capped out focus school operator with a good amp and arcanes.

Edited by Xehalin

1 minute ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

I personally just really dont like the focus mechanics themselves.

I don't like it at all too but I was compeled to do it because I fell in love with the operator since I was able to get him complete after the new war (and that was the last year (2018) after a pretty long hiatus I took from warframe)

3 hours ago, xHeretic said:

Played as operator 1 h 30 mins on arbi, never died, doing the most damage, less dagame taken, my team mates died since the 43 excavator and in the end i had to extract because everyone except me died. Just a fiendly reminder of the potential of the operator to the vast part of the community who thinks the operator just sucks and can't do high level content (300+ lvl of enemies and I was still able to kill them with my amp)

**EDIT / DISCLAIMER**:  I didn't know now umbra kills and dmg are tracked, my mistake, i'm gonna do more test on arbi because of that.

Mission: Exca Arbi - Infested - Earth

Stats (if you don't wanna view the images):

0 Deaths / 1286 Operator kills / 72 Paracesis kills / 53% Damage done ( PUB Squad was 1 Frost, 2 Khora) / 12% Damage received

P.S: The stats doesn't show the umbra kills, as you can see I've just done 72 melee kills with him

Reveal hidden contents

LfslNpi.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

4ybsV9U.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

qimQpQQ.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

KKtBahT.jpg

You didn't kill 1286 as an operator.

Most of the kills most likely came from umbra. 72 melee kills proves it. Unless you just discredited your point that you never used your warframe in the 1 hour 30 mins you were in the match. Because your operator cannot use a paracesis.

Umbra stats do count towards mission results. Not sure if you noticed but you have used 599 abilities used in that match. The highest usage in the squad. That's the A.I. Working out for you, not entirely just your operator.