Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Features And Content Tracking Spreadsheet [Mega Old Thread Lol]

VegetableBasket

This thread was nekros'd, lol, so I think some sort of appropriate header is due... I'm working on reformatting everything and getting the latest streams in there, it's just a tedious process and I need to pace myself so I don't get burnt out working on it. I will open a new thread when the time is right and the sheet looks nice. For now, some of it is messy, incomplete, possibly out of date... bear with me here.

The spreadsheet can be found 
here.

During livestream 3, Steve asked Rebecca, "How's the toxicity among the community? One thing that I've read about League of Legends is that as the playerbase grows, it has this trend towards negativity. How do you feel Warframe is doing?" and she responded, "I think Warframe is doing wonderful, you just need to make yourself available to your players."

I'd like to use this spreadsheet to keep track of everything DE has told us in livestreams, or otherwise, that has not been implemented, but also to keep track of new upcoming features, or to deny cancelled ones. I will keep this sheet updated, and I hope it could eventually be stickied as a resource for those who might make suggestions about already upcoming features, or to be able to pinpoint a piece of key info out of 25 hours+ of streams. It may also as a measure of accountability for DE. I encourage devs to post here and keep us updated, and I do hope there's some kind of feature/content tracker implemented soon, as suggested in livestream 6, so we can get quick clean updates on this stuff. I'm NOT making this thread to spite DE or call them liars, I just want to know what's happened with some of the promised features that were talked about months ago and never brought up again. I will not include issues or features which have made it into the game, and if things on this list get added in/denied, they will be removed from the spreadsheet. This is only to address future content which DE has at least suggested they may implement.

"I think a lot a lot of people can appreciate the sheer amount of content we are creating, so it's easy to get kind of buried, and we definitely have wishlists of things to get back to, that we intend to, but there's just so much being produced..." -Geoff Crookes, livestream 3

"They will scrub the video and say, 'Geoff promised.'" -Steve Sinclair, livestream 6

Scott: Not making any commitments
Steve: That sounded like a promise.
Scott: Where's the contract? *Pantomimes signing a contract*
Livestream 10

"Everything I say is quotable." -Steve Sinclair, livestream 11
Edited by VegetableBasket

I just have one thing to say about this:

0:17:25 Steve: Wouldn't it be cool if clans could own part of the world? What kind of sort of meta competition does that bring between clans?

From that sentence alone, it seems like he isn't promising anything. He's just asking and telling us that there is a possibility this might happen. And, personally, I don't really like this idea. Larger clans dominating, etc etc. Plus, rather than just focusing on clans, they should be more focused on keeping their promises and also fixing all the damn bugs in this game.

Other than that, this seems like a pretty good idea. Also, I would like it if you put your on little comments in a separate "spoiler" section, just to be more tidy. For example:

Livestream 1:

YouTube:

0:07:20 Geoff on story driven missions, using story to link missions together

0:14:30 Steve on "codex collectable stuff"

0:15:05 Steve on players having their own story, using "the tower" to "discover what your own past is", with story decisions affecting abilities

0:17:25 Steve: Wouldn't it be cool if clans could own a part of the world? What kind of sort of meta competition does that bring between the clans?

0:19:55 - Scott: The biggest problem right now is the balance between the solo players and the coop players... It's easy to go it's a 4 player game... there's a lot of people that play solo, we gotta keep that balance in mind.

Twitch:

0:36:35 Scott: The closed door that has lasers built inside of it is not fun.

0:38:30 Scott is against gender swaps, Steve has reservations but is slightly in support of them, Geoff is leaning towards them, Steve jokes that tenno are genderless. (The fact that he jokes about this suggests that they are, in fact, NOT genderless)

0:42:20 Steve talks about "the tower" as "ever [sic?] chambers of increasing difficulty"

0:43:40 Steve says a 3d lobby (players walking around with each other before a mission) has been discussed a lot

0:44:40 Geoff talks about stealth improvements, the security system cooling down, better patrol patterns/behaviors

0:48:00 Steve talks about giving different weapons purpose (blocking efficiency, stealth damage)

0:51:25 Steve: Challenge and frustration are holding two things in balance, if everything's easy and a cake walk, then you're bored, and there's no point... We need to introduce challenge

0:53:20 Scott: I think we're staying in this solar system for now, not saying we'll not ever leave... the lore may hint at future spots

0:55:30 Geoff: [melee] combos are interesting, we talk a lot, we're still trying to figure that one out, it's still on the radar

1:03:00 Steve talks about how player generated content will be "huge for warframe"

1:07:00 Steve sells sentinels as if you can customize their behavior

1:13:55 Scott confirms more factions

1:14:25 Scott says endgame is really high on their priorities, final endgame will tie into clan/territorial disputes

Livestream 1 & Comments:

YouTube:

0:15:05 Steve on players having their own story, using "the tower" to "discover what your own past is", with story decisions affecting abilities
So which of these story related features are still being worked on? Are they being added as described? The Tower as it is referred to in livestream 1 seems to have been split into the Orokin Void missions and the Clan Dojo, so these story features seem to be the abandoned child of that divorce. What about story affecting abilities? Still planned?

0:17:25 Steve: Wouldn't it be cool if clans could own a part of the world? What kind of sort of meta competition does that bring between the clans?
Later LiveSteams hint at a territory control meta/endgame that is at least somewhat akin to Risk, or as I imagined, Planetside 2 (if you pretend the overmap on PS2, except for the star chart... not massive 1000 player battles). Is this still planned?

0:19:55 - Scott: The biggest problem right now is the balance between the solo players and the coop players... It's easy to go it's a 4 player game... there's a lot of people that play solo, we gotta keep that balance in mind.
Seven months later and I still see all kinds of complains about this. Why hasn't solo been scaled down? One suggestion I saw was to make "private" the same as online so solo players can single handedly experience the full challenge of online play, but make solo have less enemies or enemies with less damage.

Twitch:

Are you still planning on making laser doors not do this?

0:38:30 Scott is against gender swaps, Steve has reservations but is slightly in support of them, Geoff is leaning towards them, Steve jokes that tenno are genderless. (The fact that he jokes about this suggests that they are, in fact, NOT genderless)
You guys have had seven months to argue. Can we get a final say? Or is it still up in the air?

0:42:20 Steve talks about "the tower" as "ever [sic?] chambers of increasing difficulty"
It was hard to tell exactly what was being said in this sentence, but were the Orokin Void missions originally planned to be something scalable, like endless defence or survival? Or did I completely misinterpret that?

0:43:40 Steve says a 3d lobby (players walking around with each other before a mission) has been discussed a lot
News on this?

0:44:40 Geoff talks about stealth improvements, the security system cooling down, better patrol patterns/behaviors
Maybe it's because I'm not a stealth player, but I tend not to see any grineer smoking cigarettes or taking a whiz like I do in other stealth games/movies etc, and from what I know the security still doesn't cool down.

0:48:00 Steve talks about giving different weapons purpose (blocking efficiency, stealth damage)
Could melee weapons please actually have useful defensive stats if their offensive ones are lacking? If they do currently, could their "blockability" show up on the arsenel or be indicated in any way? And what about stealth damage multiplier? It makes sense that melee weapons could work as highly offensive, defensive, or stealth implementations, but it doesn't really come off that way in the game.

0:51:25 Steve: Challenge and frustration are holding two things in balance, if everything's easy and a cake walk, then you're bored, and there's no point... We need to introduce challenge
I do feel very strongly that this game is too easy and there is no challenge in the game which is overcome strictly by skill or dedication, just by grind. An unranked loki can sit in a pluto mission with a teammate and clear the whole planet. T3 defense is kind of a challenge sometimes, but it's moreso just impossible without Frost and a long haul with him... at the same time as old players being bored, new players seem to be frustrated... what's being done about this?

0:53:20 Scott: I think we're staying in this solar system for now, not saying we'll not ever leave... the lore may hint at future spots
While he could have been hinting at the void or derelicts, I'm wondering if there's any news about radical new star systems or anything. A "no" would do just as fine though.

0:55:30 Geoff: [melee] combos are interesting, we talk a lot, we're still trying to figure that one out, it's still on the radar
Still on the radar? It would give melee the buff it needs.

1:03:00 Steve talks about how player generated content will be "huge for warframe"
This comes up in later LiveSteams but it's not in the game... is it still being worked on?

The precepts are basically hard coded into the sentinel, and I'm not sure what percentage of the population realizes that you can prioritize certain precepts, but in the stream the sentinels sounded so much more customizable than they are. Is that the plan, or will they stay as is? I'd much rather make playstyle choices within my sentinel's precept loadout than picking a sentinel and throwing every mod on it.

If the corrupted count, facepalm. Otherwise, is anything in the pipe?

1:14:25 Scott says endgame is really high on their priorities, final endgame will tie into clan/territorial disputes
How high could it really have been on the priorities if we haven't seen even hints of it for months? So much burnout is happening, this is a huge issue that you NEED to address.
Edited by EnDleSsPhantom

I just have one thing to say about this:

0:17:25 Steve: Wouldn't it be cool if clans could own part of the world? What kind of sort of meta competition does that bring between clans?

From that sentence alone, it seems like he isn't promising anything. He's just asking and telling us that there is a possibility this might happen. And, personally, I don't really like this idea. Larger clans dominating, etc etc. Plus, rather than just focusing on clans, they should be more focused on keeping their promises and also fixing all the damn bugs in this game.

Other than that, this seems like a pretty good idea. Also, I would like it if you put your on little comments in a separate "spoiler" section, just to be more tidy. For example:

Livestream 1:

YouTube:

Twitch:

Livestream 1 & Comments:

YouTube:

So which of these story related features are still being worked on? Are they being added as described? The Tower as it is referred to in livestream 1 seems to have been split into the Orokin Void missions and the Clan Dojo, so these story features seem to be the abandoned child of that divorce. What about story affecting abilities? Still planned?

Later LiveSteams hint at a territory control meta/endgame that is at least somewhat akin to Risk, or as I imagined, Planetside 2 (if you pretend the overmap on PS2, except for the star chart... not massive 1000 player battles). Is this still planned?

Seven months later and I still see all kinds of complains about this. Why hasn't solo been scaled down? One suggestion I saw was to make "private" the same as online so solo players can single handedly experience the full challenge of online play, but make solo have less enemies or enemies with less damage.

Twitch:

Are you still planning on making laser doors not do this?

You guys have had seven months to argue. Can we get a final say? Or is it still up in the air?

It was hard to tell exactly what was being said in this sentence, but were the Orokin Void missions originally planned to be something scalable, like endless defence or survival? Or did I completely misinterpret that?

News on this?

Maybe it's because I'm not a stealth player, but I tend not to see any grineer smoking cigarettes or taking a whiz like I do in other stealth games/movies etc, and from what I know the security still doesn't cool down.

Could melee weapons please actually have useful defensive stats if their offensive ones are lacking? If they do currently, could their "blockability" show up on the arsenel or be indicated in any way? And what about stealth damage multiplier? It makes sense that melee weapons could work as highly offensive, defensive, or stealth implementations, but it doesn't really come off that way in the game.

I do feel very strongly that this game is too easy and there is no challenge in the game which is overcome strictly by skill or dedication, just by grind. An unranked loki can sit in a pluto mission with a teammate and clear the whole planet. T3 defense is kind of a challenge sometimes, but it's moreso just impossible without Frost and a long haul with him... at the same time as old players being bored, new players seem to be frustrated... what's being done about this?

While he could have been hinting at the void or derelicts, I'm wondering if there's any news about radical new star systems or anything. A "no" would do just as fine though.

Still on the radar? It would give melee the buff it needs.

This comes up in later LiveSteams but it's not in the game... is it still being worked on?

The precepts are basically hard coded into the sentinel, and I'm not sure what percentage of the population realizes that you can prioritize certain precepts, but in the stream the sentinels sounded so much more customizable than they are. Is that the plan, or will they stay as is? I'd much rather make playstyle choices within my sentinel's precept loadout than picking a sentinel and throwing every mod on it.

If the corrupted count, facepalm. Otherwise, is anything in the pipe?

How high could it really have been on the priorities if we haven't seen even hints of it for months? So much burnout is happening, this is a huge issue that you NEED to address.

Thanks, great feedback and I will do that.

And that clan metagame thing gets mentioned a couple times in other livestreams, I'll refactor my post as I refresh my memory, but yes, it wasn't promised by any means. This thread is basically for all things potentially upcoming, if something is no longer upcoming, I want DE to tell us... if it's on the backburner but coming, I want to know, and if it's coming soon, that's good info too. And yes, fixing damn bugs is important.

You see, this is why developers don't talk to the community. We tend to take every little thing said as an iron clad guarantee of future features.

We're also impatient as all hell. So what if these features have not been implemented now? Just because those features have not been implemented now does not mean they can never be implemented later

I modified the thread title due to feedback. I'll play with some other words and see if I can find something that feels right for what this is... No, this isn't about taking everything mentioned, even offhandedly, in streams and calling it a promise. But there are certain things that are promised that are not addressed. I won't pretend that's not how it is in those cases. This is a mix of:

Is feature X still coming?

How is feature Y coming along?

And for when I get closer to the latest livestream, it will be: Feature Z is coming up. Once we know more about feature X and Y I can better list them as actually upcoming or not. Does that make sense?

You see, this is why developers don't talk to the community. We tend to take every little thing said as an iron clad guarantee of future features.

We're also impatient as all hell. So what if these features have not been implemented now? Just because those features have not been implemented now does not mean they can never be implemented later

Word, i suggested scarves April 14 and we didnt get them till September 13.

Folks need to relax. Dont ask for dialogue if you are just going to complain because they didnt get to an idea by the next update.

You see, this is why developers don't talk to the community.

In smaller sized games, developers not talking or listening to the community spells almost certain death.

They don't have the massive playerbase to blindly follow them and readily accept many cosmetic updates with few content updates, like Hat Fortress 2.

Folks need to relax. Dont ask for dialogue if you are just going to complain because they didnt get to an idea by the next update.

Certainly you see that things being mentioned in livestream 1 as a top priority, seven months ago, yet still not implemented, might warrant a raised eyebrow. Especially when it takes them 5 months to put in scarves but 7+ to put in endgame. Yes, scarves are easier to put in, but think about how much publicity they got versus an endgame mechanic. I read the forums daily, watch every livestream, I have hundreds of hours put in the game, and I have no idea what endgame will actually be or if it's worked on. Sure it's at DE's discretion to say or not say something about it, I'm not begging for a timetable or anything, I just want to know if they've internally axed certain features, are bringing them in, or putting them on the backburner until further notice. Not even the huge important things like endgame, but the small things like how laser doors function... Scott says they need to be fixed, but they're the same old doors from when he said that...

iirc, they said something about all sents having something like what carrier turned into (a vacuum) as well as letting sents help with hacking doors and/or terminals.

instead, we got carrier.

not exactly going back on their words, but not really doing what they said either.

the same general issue has come up with many of the band-aid mods that they have been putting out as of late (most of the stamina mods for example). they say x and turn around and do y.

granted that sometimes we do take things too close to heart in this community, but still... doing an about face more often than not is perhaps not the best course of action.

DE needs to be reminded that we remember the things that they are doing right as well as the things they are doing wrong or halfheartedly.

they can not expect to be able to lie/mislead about things and get away with it unscathed. (like what happened with the drop tables)

our dysfunctional family of a community needs to ride their asses from time to time, and when they promise something, they need to be held to it... unless they give adequate reasons as to why something cant be done.

that said, some issues are bigger (rng/drop rates and armor) than others, and some people do need to chill.

so long as people take a civilized way of doing things, i see no problem in reminding them that we remember what they have said and are expecting results.

DE needs to be reminded that we remember the things that they are doing right as well as the things they are doing wrong or halfheartedly.

they can not expect to be able to lie/mislead about things and get away with it unscathed. (like what happened with the drop tables)

our dysfunctional family of a community needs to ride their asses from time to time, and when they promise something, they need to be held to it... unless they give adequate reasons as to why something cant be done.

Like what happened with Frost Prime. BP was said to be an exclusive event reward, then showed up in the next update for everyone to get. I didn't mind, but a lot of people made it into a S#&$storm. To me, it was a matter of principle: DE saying one thing then doing something completely different, lying on multiple accounts.

Like what happened with Frost Prime. BP was said to be an exclusive event reward, then showed up in the next update for everyone to get. I didn't mind, but a lot of people made it into a S#&$storm. To me, it was a matter of principle: DE saying one thing then doing something completely different, lying on multiple accounts.

To be fair, the only reason they had made it available outside of the event is because people complained about it being exclusive, if I recall.

Edited by PsychedelicSnake

To be fair, the only reason they had made it available outside of the event is because people complained about it being exclusive, if I recall.

True, which is the same crap that made them nerf the Braton Vandal to be essentially a special Braton skin. It's bull. I don't even have a Braton Vandal but the people that do should still have their awesome weapon. You don't have the exclusive item? Too bad, suck it up like an adult instead of crying about it like a baby.

True, which is the same crap that made them nerf the Braton Vandal to be essentially a special Braton skin. It's bull. I don't even have a Braton Vandal but the people that do should still have their awesome weapon. You don't have the exclusive item? Too bad, suck it up like an adult instead of crying about it like a baby.

At this point, I think we can agree that some problems (not all, but a noticeable amount) are caused by the community as a whole not knowing what it wants.

One side wants one thing, another side wants another thing. If the community was a person, I'd say we'd be legally insane.

Edited by PsychedelicSnake

If you're going to have this discussion in this thread, can you find a source saying the frost prime BP was exclusive to the weekend event? I thought it was more a 'super special reward' along with 100K credits... I think people just took it as being exclusive... I'll watch the streams again eventually and get back to you if you can't be bothered to check (I can't blame you if that's the case).

Certainly you see that things being mentioned in livestream 1 as a top priority, seven months ago, yet still not implemented, might warrant a raised eyebrow. Especially when it takes them 5 months to put in scarves but 7+ to put in endgame. Yes, scarves are easier to put in, but think about how much publicity they got versus an endgame mechanic. I read the forums daily, watch every livestream, I have hundreds of hours put in the game, and I have no idea what endgame will actually be or if it's worked on. Sure it's at DE's discretion to say or not say something about it, I'm not begging for a timetable or anything, I just want to know if they've internally axed certain features, are bringing them in, or putting them on the backburner until further notice. Not even the huge important things like endgame, but the small things like how laser doors function... Scott says they need to be fixed, but they're the same old doors from when he said that...

In the livestreams they are also trying to sell the game and they are not going to sell the game by saying, "This is some stuff that we arent really working on. "  To sell the game they are going to pump everything up because you dont sell stuff by being mediocre about it.

One thing they mentioned a while back was user created stages which is something i am really looking forward to cause i hope they have some machinima options on it. Since this was mentioned not another words has been said, should i freak out? No, why? Cause the fact that they mentioned it means that this is a possibility. And im sure if they are going to drop that idea they would mention it. They are not going to throw something out there to then not do it. No one does that at this computer age.

Folks need to relax and just ask and wait for a word.

iirc, they said something about all sents having something like what carrier turned into (a vacuum) as well as letting sents help with hacking doors and/or terminals.

instead, we got carrier.

not exactly going back on their words, but not really doing what they said either.

We got the carrier because the DC voted for the carrier to be the next Sentinel.

The probable decision to mod card to specific Sentinel probably has to do with balance.

the same general issue has come up with many of the band-aid mods that they have been putting out as of late (most of the stamina mods for example). they say x and turn around and do y.

granted that sometimes we do take things too close to heart in this community, but still... doing an about face more often than not is perhaps not the best course of action.

This is your idea of what the mods are.

They said from the start of card system that they were going to exactly do this.

The problem here is that players dont want to get off the mods they like and then get into this silly idea that they are being forced into stuff.

that said, some issues are bigger (rng/drop rates and armor) than others, and some people do need to chill.

so long as people take a civilized way of doing things, i see no problem in reminding them that we remember what they have said and are expecting results.

You folks also confuse ideas with actual implementation.

Those are two different things, in the livestreams is extremely evident that when they mention stuff they are in the process of coming up with the final edition. And the final edition of something is not always exactly the same as the idea that was thrown out there first.

Edited by Mak_Gohae

If you're going to have this discussion in this thread, can you find a source saying the frost prime BP was exclusive to the weekend event? I thought it was more a 'super special reward' along with 100K credits... I think people just took it as being exclusive... I'll watch the streams again eventually and get back to you if you can't be bothered to check (I can't blame you if that's the case).

Yeah, sorry, didn't mean to hi-jack the thread. Was only relevant to what I was replying to.The Frost Prime incident had replies from devs saying that they stated it was exclusive but didn't mean it was exclusive. Would find a source for you, but I'm sure you're aware how bad the search function is on this site. As for the Brandal incident, it comes up every time there are event rewards, most notably the Vandaltron and Straith, and in the Design Council vote about what weapon families need to be re-evaluated (Bratons came in second after the Ignis because of Brandal)

They are not going to throw something out there to then not do it. No one does that at this computer age.

WarZ.

Yeah, sorry, didn't mean to hi-jack the thread. Was only relevant to what I was replying to.The Frost Prime incident had replies from devs saying that they stated it was exclusive but didn't mean it was exclusive. Would find a source for you, but I'm sure you're aware how bad the search function is on this site. As for the Brandal incident, it comes up every time there are event rewards, most notably the Vandaltron and Straith, and in the Design Council vote about what weapon families need to be re-evaluated (Bratons came in second after the Ignis because of Brandal)

Oh no worries sorry if I came off sounding harsh with that, I just want this thread to be fueled with credibility. I'll dig around if the streams don't answer my questions, that's an important precedent when we talk about DE's credibility and trust and everything.