Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra forma not available?

Redeemed_Outcast

Just now, Redeemed_Outcast said:

you have to forma it 5 times to get it to level 40, so why not use umbra forma?

Because it is a complete waste? I run a full Sacrificial build with other Primed mods. I even have mod capacity left.

• If you want to throw it away, use it on Paracesis.

5 hours ago, Redeemed_Outcast said:

you have to forma it 5 times to get it to level 40, so why not use umbra forma?

Instead? You want to fit Sacrificial mods without leveling it up to 40? Then you're going to miss out on mastery and additional damage to Sentients.

If you're going to forma it 5 times and use Umbra forma, what's the point? You'll end up with having lots of unused capacity (with Umbral build), and you will also limit yourself in making an alternate build with Primed mods. No pros here.

12 minutes ago, [DE]Momaw said:

Works here. Did you possibly add a regular forma so that the weapon's max rank is really higher than 30?  Weapon has to be max rank to use forma, not 30 specifically.

What works?
Umbra Forma on melee weapons?
As of update 25.7.5, melee forma does not give me, and probably other players, an option  to choose Umbra forma, and no option for Umbra polarity. Umbra on melee can be used for Sacrificial Pressure and Sacrificial Steel mods.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, [DE]Momaw said:

Works here. Did you possibly add a regular forma so that the weapon's max rank is really higher than 30?  Weapon has to be max rank to use forma, not 30 specifically.

I'm 4 formas in, and it's at max rank before the last forma I want to use, I've been hitting it with formas normally, so I'm not sure why I can't choose umbra forma.

I have 2 Umbra Forma, 1 Aura Forma, and no Regular Forma right now. The Actions UI does say 2/1. Once I click Polarization on a weapon or companion, it asks for me to purchase Forma.

TLDR I can only Umbra Polarize my Warframe. And I have a feeling that if I didn't have my 1 Aura Forma, then trying to polarize my Warframe would skip that Forma selection UI. My gut tells me that part of the code is not being passed the right parameters from my inventory (if at all).