Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why not just add a store system?

(XBOX)GodMasterTP

People call out warframe.market but never talk about nexushub for comparison. 

It's crazy because the prices of items differ between the two. 

It's very easy to make a few dummy accounts on warframe.market to artificially adjust prices. People only go by the cheapest 2 or 3 prices when buying but refer to the higher prices when selling.

The refuse to acknowledge that warframe.market prices do not come from actual in game sales. Just made up numbers by random players that you can't find while playing the game. 

Condition overload has 3 prices at 50p... yet in game I bought 2 at 30p each both maxed. While other traders swear that they sale at over 80p for unranked. 

Wolf sledge says 90p. I buy motors and bps at 20p each. Head and handle at 5p each. Then sell sets at 150p with no problem. While others post at 200p-300p who claim they sell. Ok fine...

Warframe.market DOES NOT reflect the actual market at all.

Some players don't use plat to trade.  They do item for item. AH would have to require minimum plat fee to prevent players from giving away free items. So item for item traders would suffer.

I have 70 hunter adrenaline. They sell for 10p-15p+. In an AH , 5 people who actually grind could post at 1p. That could be well over 350 hunter adrenaline at 1p each. So now I need 15 trades to get the plat I would have got in 1trade? Any item the could be farmed would be a waste of time. Even arcanes like grace  and energize that people claim are worth 200p for each r0 sell at 50p (grace) 80p (energize) or less RIGHT NOW. If you are on xbox, I will sale you all of mine at warframe.market price and make almost double.

Guess I'll have to increase the price of my rivens and just farm kuva all day. Being so unique, they would be the only items worth selling in an AH. 

13 minutes ago, (XB1)Phantom Clip said:

Some players don't use plat to trade.  They do item for item. AH would have to require minimum plat fee to prevent players from giving away free items. So item for item traders would suffer.

No, they wouldn't. Direct trading would still be there. We're talking about buying/selling here, not trading.

1 hour ago, (PS4)AyinDygra said:

The only thing warframe.market functionally lacks is a method to complete a transaction with a button press, rather than having to message people and trade in a dojo once they agree on the listed buy-out price.

Warframe.market functionality lacks truth and data. Those handful of listings don't reflect real , in game sale prices. People can post any price they choose. They can't post the price in which they actually sold an item. Nor do they do they show IF they even sold said item. 

Anyone who looks at warframe.market items would easily see the discrepancies if they only scroll down through the other sellers. Prices often increase by over 50% just from the lowest posted trader to the end of the page trader. 

19 minutes ago, (XB1)Phantom Clip said:

6 minutes ago, FrostDragoon said:

No, they wouldn't. Direct trading would still be there. We're talking about buying/selling here, not trading.

Yes,  they would. I want to trade my hellfire for convulsion. But other players are giving away convulsion for free. Just trade them ammo drum or any common mod to avoid paying plat. 

Who would give up convulsion when they can get what they want for free? 

I've given away plenty of mods and augments...

7 minutes ago, FrostDragoon said:

Who cares? Message them and make a deal or don't. The price issues aren't really an issue for Warframe. It's just the limitations of having to use a 3rd party site for something that should already be in the game.

You can't message players that don't exist or quit the game.  They're listings are still there , online for months. Who knows if they were even selling the item you wanted. Using a third party site with no connection to real game data is faulty to begin

Edited by (XB1)Phantom Clip

28 minutes ago, (XB1)Phantom Clip said:

Warframe.market functionality lacks truth and data. Those handful of listings don't reflect real , in game sale prices. People can post any price they choose. They can't post the price in which they actually sold an item. Nor do they do they show IF they even sold said item. 

Anyone who looks at warframe.market items would easily see the discrepancies if they only scroll down through the other sellers. Prices often increase by over 50% just from the lowest posted trader to the end of the page trader. 

I was simply pointing out that Warframe already has an AH in the form of Warframe.market (which is why I said I have already sold stuff on "the AH" in my post)

If you've been reading my other points on how I'd set up an AH, you'd see how much I agree that warframe.market falls short of a real in-game system. If it were in-game, and had access to the actual trade results and prices paid and when they happened, and if they happened at all... a much more secure and truthful system would be in place.

5 minutes ago, (XB1)Phantom Clip said:

Yes,  they would. I want to trade my hellfire for convulsion. But other players are giving away convulsion for free. Just trade them ammo drum or any common mod to avoid paying plat. 

Who would give up convulsion when they can get what they want for free? 

I've given away plenty of mods and augments...

2 minutes ago, FrostDragoon said:

You're talking about worthless mods that people give away as a problem? And you don't see how the ability to give it away is functionally (as in, mechanically) identical to a direct trade for something you value?

This is the kind of stuff I'm talking about with people and their really bad arguments.

I'VE GIVEN AWAY PLENTY OF AUGMENTS.

Wow replace hellfire with rolling guard, convulsion with adaptation. 

Same point. If you choose to be narrow minded , that's on you.  Mods that are just about common drop won't have any real value in an AH to veterans. They become freebies. Newer or less frequent players won't be able to monetize on these type of mods which are commonly sold for plat in the current market.

New player get a sharpshooter, they can get 12p. Easy slot in 1 trade. But in an AH where players are likely to bomb the price , it would be free from players like me and others. Now players would just wait for free mods. New player gets 0 plat in AH.

Ignis wraith Is given away for free right now by many players who use credits to build them.  Still I bought 50 at 1p each from low levels who needed plat. They made 50p. They can buy slot and potato or forma.  I've sold them all at 10p each. Took me a few hours each day but I made 500p in less than week when I was low level. 

That would be impossible with AH. Search ignis wraith and just get 1 for free all day ,everyday. The same would go for many other items that mamy other people have.

23 hours ago, FrostDragoon said:

Since a certain chimp keeps repeating the same dumb argument, here's the skinny about prices dropping:

1. If an AH system that allows fair participation in the market results in lower prices, this indicates artificial inflation of those goods.

2. Inflation decreases buying power, which discourages plat purchases. The inverse is also true; lower prices encourages plat purchases.

• a) If an item drops to 1p and isn't being flipped by wealthier players, it's not actually valuable.
  • b) If an item is valuable, or has some way to convert into something that is, people will buy up those 1p items in bulk. Prime parts are a great example, because they can be translated into ducats, which can then be used for a wide variety of personal or market opportunities.
  • c) If b happens, the prices on those items will begin to climb again, which is the stabilizing effect that AH systems have on economies.

4. AH doesn't just introduce more sellers to the market. It attracts more buyers too. Facilitating trade will do more to retain more players in the long run, which represents an increase in the game's broader status among games in general and in DE's bottom line if you assume the Pareto principle in that 20% of players will buy platinum (this actually refers to whales, but still). If you increase your player base by 100, you gain 20 buyers, basically. This isn't a hard and fast statistic, obviously, but is a generalized rule that is reasonable to assume as true. Even if you want to debate the exact numbers, you can't argue the logic--more players translates into more buyers.

5. The prices of particular goods is in no way an indicator of the health of the economy. The access to income and the ratio of buying power it represents is far more meaningful.

There's your free economics lesson for the day. Since I know that troll is pretending to ignore me, I just want to say to him, "Educate yourself."

I feel like this is better than typing it out again. Enjoy.

13 minutes ago, (PS4)AyinDygra said:

I was simply pointing out that Warframe already has an AH in the form of Warframe.market (which is why I said I have already sold stuff on "the AH" in my post)

If you've been reading my other points on how I'd set up an AH, you'd see how much I agree that warframe.market falls short of a real in-game system. If it were in-game, and had access to the actual trade results and prices paid and when they happened, and if they happened at all... a much more secure and truthful system would be in place.

Lets just think if players were automatically given a warframe.market type of account that they were automatically signed into and could access when they log into Warframe game. Used to buy and sell items. 

Now let's look at the current trade chat with focus on prime warframes. I have every prime frame. Any part of a frame I was missing , I only paid 10p to get. Even though I got plenty of 35p 40p and a bunch of players swearing that is what a part "cost" along with a bunch of "low baller" type comments. Even saying 100p for ash systems of which I only paid 10p. Cheap or not, someone sold and I got what I needed.  

What would pricing look like in an AH given that prime parts are rare but MANY prople are willing to sell well under the "normal" price? Added to the fact they can list items for sell , viewable to all players all day? I myself get multiples of the same prime parts daily. 

Now what reason would many players have to engage in various gameplay modes? What reason to grind and get better? Buy Rhino prime parts at 2p each (1plat tax) or full set 9-10p. Nothing else you really need as Rhino can buff weak weapons. 

Take a look at ps4 achievements for weapons. Not even 10% of players have ranked ANY weapon to lv 30. Very few players even make it to Neptune. Even fewer finish starchart. Almost no one has focus other than energizing dash. Anyone you would sell items to would either already have them, get them for free or crazy cheap from leech players/new players or actively choose to grind them. Add the fact that most items are not needed to advance,  just sold to make plat. 

In AH Item for item trades would be the main salvation for f2p players. Players who would purchase plat would need less from market. 150p could buy you everything you could ever need. 

29 minutes ago, (XB1)Phantom Clip said:

Now let's look at the current trade chat with focus on prime warframes. I have every prime frame. Any part of a frame I was missing , I only paid 10p to get. Even though I got plenty of 35p 40p and a bunch of players swearing that is what a part "cost" along with a bunch of "low baller" type comments. Even saying 100p for ash systems of which I only paid 10p. Cheap or not, someone sold and I got what I needed. 

You did lowball, but it's fine. Some people do it and some people will sell at that price--usually because they don't know better, which is the whole point behind why the current system sucks. However, your prices aren't typical and I have already extensively outlined why at least primed parts wouldn't stabilize at just 1p.

Now what reason would many players have to engage in various gameplay modes? What reason to grind and get better? Buy Rhino prime parts at 2p each (1plat tax) or full set 9-10p. Nothing else you really need as Rhino can buff weak weapons. 

Rhino buff alone won't carry you through every mission, even though it is pretty nice. The game is much less about "get better" and more about "bring the right tool for the job."

Take a look at ps4 achievements for weapons. Not even 10% of players have ranked ANY weapon to lv 30. Very few players even make it to Neptune. Even fewer finish starchart. Almost no one has focus other than energizing dash. Anyone you would sell items to would either already have them, get them for free or crazy cheap from leech players/new players or actively choose to grind them. Add the fact that most items are not needed to advance,  just sold to make plat. 

This is perfectly normal under the Pareto principle, for one, but you somehow missed the point that people have made many times in this thread: The horrible economy of this game is a big reason so many players leave before they even really get started. If you want to bring up any stats that have any meaning, you'd really have to exclude accounts that haven't even made it to Uranus/Neptune/Pluto (somewhere around there), because most of those are just "trying the game" and not actual player base.

Edited by FrostDragoon