Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why not just add a store system?

(XBOX)GodMasterTP

12 minutes ago, Sumona said:

Yes but, if players keep trading platinum and items, DE gets nothing. (Aside from the person who bought the platinum in the first place) 

Unless the Rush button in crafting is used more than I give it credit for (none) wouldn't it make sense to have a trading fee of 1 platinum, to slowly reduce the economy's circulating platinum, so people eventually would have to buy more? I mean, isn't that what they're afraid of? :f

Platinum is only really tradable when its bought with actual money. Unless give-away platinum acts as a special case, any plat gotten from the PS plus special offers that sometimes rotate in, always gave away untradable resource. Meaning Once someone bought the plat, D.E. already got its money.

Edited by Avienas

But the need for that is finite. I have over 100 Formas, 10+ of both Orokin Catalysts, over 200 Equipment Slots, 1m+ of each resource. 500+ of the more rare stuff.

Once you have it all, there's no need to spend platinum anymore. Which is why I offer the 1 platinum per trade fee idea. 

It is of course, right off the top of my head, and the idea could be executed better. ;x

9 minutes ago, FrostDragoon said:

Capitalism in any healthy form is based on competition.

No competition in an AH. Lowest price will always win.  The current trade system is very competitive.

11 minutes ago, FrostDragoon said:

Otherwise you see unhealthy capitalism--monopolies--and I don't think I have to explain why you don't want that.

Some clans are already acting as monopolies, trading mostly Rivens. But because everyone has the same access to the same items,  there's never any one item only sold by 1 group or entity.

16 minutes ago, FrostDragoon said:

This means more money is trading hands more frequently among more people. That benefits everyone.

Because profits will "trickle" down from players that buy plat?  Lmao

19 minutes ago, FrostDragoon said:

The rest about why various things close down is getting into things which have no in game equivalent and aren't an issue in game as a result, but ultimately it's not just low prices--which is only one side of the coin.

1 side of a double headed coin.

21 minutes ago, FrostDragoon said:

Common items decrease in value. Rarer items see minor change in either direction. Very rare items increase in value. 

Umm, this is already the case as more players join.  What keeps the market stable is the limited number of any of these items at one time.  Any small increase of availability drops the price. For example,  Nightwave challenges that required completion of nightmare missions and siver grove greatly reduced the cost of mods like drifting contact and growing power. Requirements to find Orokin vaults greatly lowered the cost of corrupted mods because more became available at one time. Not because of rarity.   Plenty of players have these mods already but they refuse to post since selling is "too hard". They just charge too much. Or they no longer play. Again, less sellers keep prices stable. Unavailability is what drives the price up, not rarity.

AH would vastly increase the number of all item's availability and the time items are accessible. Greatly reducing the values of all items. Yes, more items for sell but at greatly reduced values ALL the time. 

42 minutes ago, FrostDragoon said:

As for the Eidolon hunting, that is because you can't reasonably organize or expect randos to coordinate well enough to accomplish it in an efficient manner. You have your causes and effects mixed up.

Randoms can finish a tricap. Just not 4 and 5 in one night.  But why would any need to do 5 in one night? They do it to horde arcanes, very rare items. Of which would not be as rare if every player could post those items as an all day sell. Arcanes like energize have already dropped in price. Having more on the market, available ALL day would just lower the price even more. 

49 minutes ago, Sumona said:

Need Auction House please.. tired of going through countless PM's only to have disagreements with lowballers over my THIRTY Rivens I'm trying to sell every 120 disencouraging seconds in Trade Chat..

@FrostDragoon.  So AH will help this trader get higher prices??? Especially when players could see countless other riven offers from newer/leech/hording players that will likely be wayy lower in price? Lowball offers would be a blessing if they get any at all. 

3 hours ago, FrostDragoon said:

Just to be very clear, you have it precisely backward. They will never do trading with just credits, because this would undercut their plat sales--let alone do it the way you suggested which would all but destroy plat trading entirely.

Which games do allow it?

From my experience, i've played most of the free to play MMO's in the last 20 years. Hardly any allow players to trade items direcltly for platinums equivalent. The games i've played create an alternate currency that only gives you partial access to the cash shop (Dragon Nest, Blade and Soul, every game under perfect world entertainment. Cabal online, Raycity online, Dwo, Luna, Destiny star, League of immortal, Asda Didnt even go near allowing platinum currency to be used in trading.

The closest is probably Dragon Nest but even thats incredibly limited to just a soft version of the cash shop.

Edited by CarrotSalad
Edit: if i can name many more MMO's i've played over the years, Ragnarok, Tree of Saviour, Rappelz. But if i list them all i'll be here all day.

17 minutes ago, (XB1)Phantom Clip said:

Simply put,  the trading system as it is works just fine for those who choose to learn it and use it. I mean Warframe is free yet way better than games I've paid 20-50 bucks. DE knows what they are doing and it works. Been working for over 6 years. 

🤦‍♂️

Just because the rest of the game is working well doesn't mean the market does. There's a reason warframe.market exists.

On 2019-09-09 at 4:35 AM, Jiminez_Burial said:

DE have stated on multiple occasions that they want the trading in their game to be active, for people to converse with people and negotiate prices.

Then I would like a happy medium of these two things.

When I open shop in Maroo's Bazaar then it should show on a global console so i don't have to worry that the guy that wants the exact thing I'm selling happens to be in the wrong relay instance, or worse lost in the crowd of overlapping people holding their hands up so he can't even see what I'm selling. 

You'd still have to be available to sell, and they can search all items listed for purchase. They click on the item and it brings up a chat box and contacts you with (example):

Oxymandias-13- wants to negotiate for your [Boar Prime Blueprint]: Hi. 15p? I also have Wukong Prime parts if you are willing to trade for those.

If you both come to an agreement, you can select a Trade option that locks in the item your selling and removes it from the global console, gives the buyer an item/platinum window and you both confirm trade as usual. There can be a human aspect to it, it just doesn't have to be Vauban awful. 

11 minutes ago, FrostDragoon said:

🤦‍♂️

Just because the rest of the game is working well doesn't mean the market does. There's a reason warframe.market exists.

So? Warframe wiki and Warframe reddit exist. And so on...

It was a nice thought meant to be a guideline. It's full of artifically inflated SUGGESTED prices. Most of those players can't be found in game anyway. Offline for months at a time.  Trade chat is a free market. No set prices. Very good design. 

Same time nexushub prices are normally much lower than warframe.market. 

10 minutes ago, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

When I open shop in Maroo's Bazaar then it should show on a global console so i don't have to worry that the guy that wants the exact thing I'm selling happens to be in the wrong relay instance, or worse lost in the crowd of overlapping people holding their hands up so he can't even see what I'm selling. 

You'd still have to be available to sell, and they can search all items listed for purchase. They click on the item and it brings up a chat box and contacts you with (example):

Oxymandias-13- wants to negotiate for your [Boar Prime Blueprint]: Hi. 15p? I also have Wukong Prime parts if you are willing to trade for those.

If you both come to an agreement, you can select a Trade option that locks in the item your selling and removes it from the global console, gives the buyer an item/platinum window and you both confirm trade as usual. There can be a human aspect to it, it just doesn't have to be Vauban awful. 

The problem is that it's all a pointless red herring anyway. Most players don't want trading to be that. It's just one of the many cases where DE has been out of touch over the years.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

How would this reduce trading times? You might have the best price out of 50-200 people. Maybe no one else is selling your item. You have good odds at getting a good price

Not likely you will have best price ir be the only selling out of 5,000 to 20,000 people. You'll have to lower your price or wait till someone decide to pay your higher cost. 

1 minute ago, FrostDragoon said:

The problem is that it's all a pointless red herring anyway. Most players don't want trading to be that. It's just one of the many cases where DE has been out of touch over the years.

True, I flat out want an auction house. But I was making a compromise since DE sucks when it comes to this subject and they're happier ignoring it complete. lol

1 minute ago, (XB1)Phantom Clip said:

How would this reduce trading times? You might have the best price out of 50-200 people. Maybe no one else is selling your item. You have good odds at getting a good price

Not likely you will have best price ir be the only selling out of 5,000 to 20,000 people. You'll have to lower your price or wait till someone decide to pay your higher cost. 

1. Being able to have a buyer find your product is faster than not. Talk to literally every marketing person in the history of humanity.

2. Stop over-inflating your garbage based on assumed value. I have no qualms selling literally everything in the game for 5p if it gets me platinum and gets it out of my inventory. I didn't farm for any of it. It's RNG. I happened across these items while playing the game so I'm lucking into any platinum I can earn off of it.

4 minutes ago, FrostDragoon said:

I think this just destroys any reason to continue with you. It's the worst system in all of gaming and almost no games use it for that reason.

I don't know a game that allows trades of premium currency between players. Examples please?

Free trade allows players to place their own trade value for many items on plat they obtain from market purchases or trading. 

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

I have no qualms selling literally everything in the game for 5p if it gets me platinum and gets it out of my inventory. I didn't farm for any of it. It's RNG. I happened across these items while playing the game so I'm lucking into any platinum I can earn off of it.

Lmao. Flag on play. If this was true,  you wouldn't need another system. You can sell items at 5p right now with no problem. People would buy just to resell higher. I sell gems 5p each with no problem. Fish 2p each , no problem.

Your statement goes to show how prices would plummet with an AH. Plenty of people feel the same as you. Forces me to sell cheaper than you or I won't sell at all. Now my items go from 50p to 4p just to beat you. 

1 minute ago, (XB1)Phantom Clip said:

Lmao. Flag on play. If this was true,  you wouldn't need another system. You can sell items at 5p right now with no problem. People would buy just to resell higher. I sell gems 5p each with no problem. Fish 2p each , no problem.

Your statement goes to show how prices would plummet with an AH. Plenty of people feel the same as you. Forces me to sell cheaper than you or I won't sell at all. Now my items go from 50p to 4p just to beat you. 

The issue for most players has never been about finding the dumbest players you can trick into overpaying. It's about having the player that's specifically looking for the Nyx Prime Systems your selling actually being able to find you so that you can finish the trade and get back to playing the dang video game.

if the prices plummet it only proves my point that you are grossly over-inflating the prices to begin with. People pay 200p because they think this item hard to come by, until they realize half the player base actually has extras lying around gathering dust. The funny thing is that you want the same thing as me, except you're picking the lazier way to do it. You want one huge sale so you don't have to sell as often because of how terrible it is. I just want the time I spend selling to be seamless. 

Every MMO I've played I've sold my items for nearly minimal prices because I understand that they all have no actual value. And every game I've ended up with more currency than I can find a reason to spend it on. 

22 minutes ago, (XB1)Phantom Clip said:

I don't know a game that allows trades of premium currency between players. Examples please?

Free trade allows players to place their own trade value for many items on plat they obtain from market purchases or trading. 

Just because you don't know doesn't mean they don't exist. I've played a couple myself, but I think it would be in your best interest to do your homework on that instead of asking for "examples" that you will just dismiss anyway. Until then, you simply come off as ignorant.

39 minutes ago, (XB1)Phantom Clip said:

That's how the free market works.. supply and demand... Unless you are implying the system is not free market, but a convoluted gimmicky system created to make buying and selling as difficult as possible, with the intent to artificially inflate prices.

20 minutes ago, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

The issue for most players has never been about finding the dumbest players you can trick into overpaying. It's about having the player that's specifically looking for the Nyx Prime Systems your selling actually being able to find you so that you can finish the trade and get back to playing the dang video game.

My point is that on a global scale you won't be the only one selling nyx prime systems. Why would anyone buy yours instead of the cheaper option that is viewed? You would still be waiting on buyer to choose you. You still would be in a line of sorts whether it's order of posting time or price or gamertag. Someone gets up at 6am and post 20 nyx prime systems for sale 1p lower than the lowest listed price. You have to wait til they sell out of stock. Or sale lower. When they see your price,  they go even lower. I mean it's exactly what Ido right now.  Against 3 traders I can get a decent value. But against just about everyone online, prices will always get undercut. And since items are unlimited, there would be almost no way to actually "compete". 

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Phantom Clip said:

My point is that on a global scale you won't be the only one selling nyx prime systems. Why would anyone buy yours instead of the cheaper option that is viewed? You would still be waiting on buyer to choose you. You still would be in a line of sorts whether it's order of posting time or price or gamertag. Someone gets up at 6am and post 20 nyx prime systems for sale 1p lower than the lowest listed price. You have to wait til they sell out of stock. Or sale lower. When they see your price,  they go even lower. I mean it's exactly what Ido right now.  Against 3 traders I can get a decent value. But against just about everyone online, prices will always get undercut. And since items are unlimited, there would be almost no way to actually "compete". 

This all sounds like someone who's never played a game with an AH before.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, (PS4)thegarada said:

That's how the free market works.. supply and demand... Unless you are implying the system is not free market, but a convoluted gimmicky system created to make buying and selling as difficult as possible, with the intent to artificially inflate prices.

Yes. But please give me any instance in which you want to buy an item and every single item sale fire that item is viewable? Even online you have to search between stores, wholesellers, resellers, private sellers for best price. There's no 1 list with every single seller of the item you want and the price. If you don't find the cheapest deal oh well. Quality and use of items don't degrade 

Edited by (XB1)Phantom Clip

14 minutes ago, FrostDragoon said:

This all sounds like someone who's never played a game with an AH before.

Again,  never have I played a game that allows you to trade premium currency. Plus warframe is free game at that. Please give some examples. Not just well wishes

Edited by (XB1)Phantom Clip

58 minutes ago, FrostDragoon said:

Just because you don't know doesn't mean they don't exist. I've played a couple myself, but I think it would be in your best interest to do your homework on that instead of asking for "examples" that you will just dismiss anyway. Until then, you simply come off as ignorant.

Just because you know they don't exist doesn't mean you can blow smoke til they do.

Games offer desired content and want you to continue to sink money into the game's currency with nothing else to do with it but buy the game's market items.

Not one game I've played or heard of let's you trade premium currency that is used to buy over 95% of market items. 

Wow, 7 out of every 1000 people dont like. You're not meant to like everything in every game. 

More people like it than those that don't. I see why.  It is very fair, very easy, very simple. No cash grabs, loot boxes,  gotcha traps. Player vs player trading. Not player vs entire trading community