Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Year of Change

(PSN)DSparkGaming

Hello Digital Extremes. Hello everyone. 

With the release of Gauss and the impending release of Grendel, there will be a total of 42 warframes in the roster. Now, I'm sure you've seen that there have been complaints about the constant release of new frames as of the past year or so. How they are being rushed out and the warframe's quality suffers because of it. I'd like to propose an idea. An idea I think we could all get behind it if we can be a little more receptive. 

I think you should take a break from new content. 

Now I know you feel like you have to because the player base is the biggest it's ever been and you feel like you need to do this to keep all the new players engaged. I get that. But, you should also consider the veterans too who feel like they have nothing to do and because of the new warframes and content being rushed out, that content will be completed within a week or two and then they are back in limbo. I'd like to introduce you to "The Year of Change". 

'The Year of Change' will be a chance for you guys to stop pushing out new content such as Warframes and Quests for a while and focus on reworks and QOL. I know that you guys are already working on reworks and you've probably got a great plan for managing everything but I feel like there are old things you forget about because you are too focused on the new. Which isn't a bad thing, hear me out. I think you should stop at Grendel when it comes to the Warframes for now. I also think when The New War comes out, you should stop there too. (Only because I personally feel like The New War won't be the end of... The New War. I think we are going to lose pretty badly because of our choices which leads into the Duviri Paradox).

Anyways, with the next generation coming out pretty soon, I feel like you should spend most of your time for at least 8 months or so basically making it feel like a Warframe 2 (or 3... or 4... idk). Rework all the old warframes that desperately need it. Rework how the relic system works by somehow implementing void keys back as that has been a huge complaint amongst the veterans. Bring back raids, make them bigger and better than they have been. Rework the focus tree. Make it feel more fun to level up. I won't say anything about graphics since you are already working on a new rendering system (which looks great). But the point is, you should go back and work on the old stuff for a while and then get back to the new. A good idea would be to introduce this 'Year of Change' and then start making notes on the complaints and criticisms in the forums. Constructive criticism, of course. 

I'm sure that this idea of mine is nothing new to DE. I'm sure you guys have discussed between yourselves and came to your own resolve. But I want you to know that you don't have to feel weird about stopping new content coming out especially if you are going back to work on the old stuff. I will still be here and I will wait for you guys to return with a brand new revamped 'Warframe'. I'm sure there are millions of other players that would do the same. Especially the veterans since they are the ones that have been leaving. 

If you guys have any more 'constructive' complaints or criticism to share with DE, please reply with it. I hope DE reads this and takes this into consideration. I love Digital Extremes and I love Warframe and I just want this game to be better. For everyone. Thank you for reading. 

18 minutes ago, (PS4)DSparkGaming said:

The Year of Change' will be a chance for you guys to stop pushing out new content such as Warframes and Quests for a while

Nobody will like that, let's make the current content drought look like a joke by bringing in one that's worse.

Also you claim that the current frames are "terrible quality" care to actually back that up or are you just lying cause wisp and hildryn have been phenomenal in what they do.

Edited by (XB1)The Neko Otaku
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, Sajochi said:

I need to start a counter for these threads. They pop up ever couple a weeks and they're all the same. 

Remember when everyone cried about content drought? That's how you get people crying about content drought.

Damn. Didn't mean to cause negativity. My apologies man. I guess I didn't think my idea through, huh? 

8 minutes ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

Nobody will like that, let's make the current content drought look like a joke by bringing in one that's worse.

Also you claim that the current frames are "terrible quality" care to actually back that up or are you just lying cause wisp and hildryn have been phenomenal in what they do.

I didn't mean to imply that they were terrible. I just remember people complaining about Revenant and Baruuk when they came out. I love Wisp and I know Hildryn is amazing. I don't know. Like I said to the other guy, I guess I didn't think it through or phrased it properly. 

Just now, (PS4)DSparkGaming said:

Damn. Didn't mean to cause negativity. My apologies man. I guess I didn't think my idea through, huh? 

If you have ideas, put them in the feedback section highlighting what is wrong, and how you would fix them if possible. Get a discussion going. Making a sweeping statement like "don't make new content for a while" won't actually do anything. 

On the whole stopping new content, that's very detrimental to the games overall growth. New content brings players in, reworks don't. DE already balances old with the new, it's just players pick and choose only the things relevant to their argument. Again, if you think something in the game needs improvement, make a focused thread on it and start a discussion.

• Like 1

Just now, Sajochi said:

If you have ideas, put them in the feedback section highlighting what is wrong, and how you would fix them if possible. Get a discussion going. Making a sweeping statement like "don't make new content for a while" won't actually do anything. 

On the whole stopping new content, that's very detrimental to the games overall growth. New content brings players in, reworks don't. DE already balances old with the new, it's just players pick and choose only the things relevant to their argument. Again, if you think something in the game needs improvement, make a focused thread on it and start a discussion.

Yeah, I agree. Thanks, man. 

20 minutes ago, (PS4)DSparkGaming said:

Yeah, I agree. Thanks, man. 

I was going to be cynical and say something along the lines of you being responsible when peeps eventually create content drought complaint threads, but you're so nice about being told otherwise about GD and Feedback I feel horrible even thinking this. 

Tbh, I'm in full agreement, but resigned to the fact that DE cant polish/rework and create new content simultaneously.