Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Time for a bat weapon?

TheInternetGuy

This post is partially about K-drives also. This is just a random shower thought so it won't be so long.

One issue about K-drives is how they're a worse version of mobility compared to archwing. You can't use your warframe abilities, can't use any weapons and since I never bothered getting into K-drives, I don't know if they have any offensive abilities or features that would make me want to use them over archwings. Archwings can get over uneven terrain easily and just as good at traversing even terrain so I have no idea why use K-drives.

I'm thinking of what if DE adds a bat melee weapon to the game and be able to use it on K-Drives. I'd imagine taking the roads in fortuna would be much more enjoyable.

On 2019-09-09 at 7:17 PM, TheInternetGuy said:

I'm thinking of what if DE adds a bat melee weapon to the game and be able to use it on K-Drives. I'd imagine taking the roads in fortuna would be much more enjoyable.

I think you should just be able to use melee weapons on k drives - tap melee for a cavalry swipe (wide multiple target) or hold for jousting (massive damage boost to any target you ram)

Grendel's signature melee weapon seems to be what you're looking for... kinda.

warframe-equipement-grendel-image-breakf

It's definitely based on the kanabo (at least in someway), which were spiked clubs or bats used in feudal Japan, mostly meant as a blunt weapon. I know it's not the exact type of "bat" you're looking for, but it's the closest that seems to be coming. Guess you could also try the Prova and pretend it's a bat, but it's just a basic stun-stick.

7 hours ago, (XB1)KayAitch said:

I think you should just be able to use melee weapons on k drives - tap melee for a cavalry swipe (wide multiple target) or hold for jousting (massive damage boost to any target you ram)

Would really like that. 😞

gives some options for offence.

16 minutes ago, Scruffel said:

Grendel's signature melee weapon seems to be what you're looking for... kinda.

warframe-equipement-grendel-image-breakf

It's definitely based on the kanabo (at least in someway), which were spiked clubs or bats used in feudal Japan, mostly meant as a blunt weapon. I know it's not the exact type of "bat" you're looking for, but it's the closest that seems to be coming. Guess you could also try the Prova and pretend it's a bat, but it's just a basic stun-stick.

I totally forgotten about that. Yus! I just hope you can also use it on a K-Drive

On 2019-09-09 at 2:17 PM, TheInternetGuy said:

This post is partially about K-drives also. This is just a random shower thought so it won't be so long.

One issue about K-drives is how they're a worse version of mobility compared to archwing. You can't use your warframe abilities, can't use any weapons and since I never bothered getting into K-drives, I don't know if they have any offensive abilities or features that would make me want to use them over archwings. Archwings can get over uneven terrain easily and just as good at traversing even terrain so I have no idea why use K-drives.

my idea is a bit different than urs, i want a few upgrades and rewards for k-drive from missions and bounties in other planets and gamemodes to achieve some balance and interest for the k-drive like emergency packpack and thrusters refinements, the tricks are good, but there a need for versitality and kit-parts which are missing, as well as how the machine could be used else where for a quick shield or to capture an area with a dome as the static or stasis fields which repel bullets, the skate is just sitting there after the player deplays it, and has confusing aspects, and it is as vulnerable as a warframe without its OP/tenno, so it SHOULD at least be able to transform into a weapon or taht it can be a dual set of guns or a large primary riffle or sniper but it causes over heating and without mods this means that the player is left to walking and waiting for cooldowns, and using energy stations and pickups to revert to normal, with minning and fishing the beacon and computing of the k-drive and robotics spear should be good enough to shield from some bullets and wild attackers, and that the k-drive is given earlier instead of waiting for mars for some missions to use automatically as archwing has its own mode, k-drive and lunaro could server the pvp and esports for each relay and planet competitive modes, but definetly useful in single player tileset transitions and loading or intro screens instead of just sharking it in with the same drop off location, the players should be allowed to spawn in different game areas and  face off darker areas of blight and darkness, bungie did really good with the multiple drop off points, but i think my idea is closer to aetherithes in final fantasy allowing less predictable areas to be more randomized instead of just stable and predictable uses of filtration system is too bad ass for a fat guy who might get stuck, just let them break into the action right away through a glass window like a polioce officer and start shooting or assasinating a target right away, the rest is about escaping the facilities lockdown areas and defensive bursas and bosses like a regular arcade game, where the k-drive should act as a robotic and personal pet or personal aid system with its own modules and robotics, voice and operating modulus like the help that lotus provides, but it can be upgraded and used in combat for more than just riding.

2 hours ago, SnakeBadger said:

my idea is a bit different than urs, i want a few upgrades and rewards for k-drive from missions and bounties in other planets and gamemodes to achieve some balance and interest for the k-drive like emergency packpack and thrusters refinements, the tricks are good, but there a need for versitality and kit-parts which are missing, as well as how the machine could be used else where for a quick shield or to capture an area with a dome as the static or stasis fields which repel bullets, the skate is just sitting there after the player deplays it, and has confusing aspects, and it is as vulnerable as a warframe without its OP/tenno, so it SHOULD at least be able to transform into a weapon or taht it can be a dual set of guns or a large primary riffle or sniper but it causes over heating and without mods this means that the player is left to walking and waiting for cooldowns, and using energy stations and pickups to revert to normal, with minning and fishing the beacon and computing of the k-drive and robotics spear should be good enough to shield from some bullets and wild attackers, and that the k-drive is given earlier instead of waiting for mars for some missions to use automatically as archwing has its own mode, k-drive and lunaro could server the pvp and esports for each relay and planet competitive modes, but definetly useful in single player tileset transitions and loading or intro screens instead of just sharking it in with the same drop off location, the players should be allowed to spawn in different game areas and  face off darker areas of blight and darkness, bungie did really good with the multiple drop off points, but i think my idea is closer to aetherithes in final fantasy allowing less predictable areas to be more randomized instead of just stable and predictable uses of filtration system is too bad ass for a fat guy who might get stuck, just let them break into the action right away through a glass window like a polioce officer and start shooting or assasinating a target right away, the rest is about escaping the facilities lockdown areas and defensive bursas and bosses like a regular arcade game, where the k-drive should act as a robotic and personal pet or personal aid system with its own modules and robotics, voice and operating modulus like the help that lotus provides, but it can be upgraded and used in combat for more than just riding.

Uhm... Don't you think that's a bit too much for a hoverboard? It does sound like it there's absolutely no reason to get off of the board at that point.

On 2019-09-13 at 12:59 PM, TheInternetGuy said:

Uhm... Don't you think that's a bit too much for a hoverboard? It does sound like it there's absolutely no reason to get off of the board at that point.

It works because the motors and sensors stay online, much of the time the players just leave their decks while dismounting and riding doesnt really affect enemies or is useful without mods on the k-drive, so its useful to have some robotic updates on the k-drive or upgrades which can replace the pet system and also add additional ways to carry weapons both secondary and primary, even if it becomes a pseudo way to boost and shift in combat without requiring mounting, but only that it drains more energy and other resources to function, while its deployed allows you to free up and use YOUR actual warframe abilities and the autonomous sentry and turret systems for the machine, and also other protective features, we see the grineer and corpus walking around throwing shields and setting up anti-statick or bullet protection bags, where the tenno solely to rely could hire solo a little more instead of D/C without calling for specters, the gear wheel is filled with alot of batman toys and robotics, its just that they dont always workout perfectly as a set of combat weapons, like clicking a lance should automatically deploy a turret and summon a robot with a shield to keep fishing realistic this is the place for taxon and other kitguns and robot versions , magnetic deploy of wheel weapons should come with a passive set of robotics and mods which activate while the users cast their fishing rods, or throw their spears, and proximity features, just about for any weapon and item really, this way you can recover the husk and items into your foundry or wheel, then you just fill them back up or repair them if they got damaged, the scanner is also S#&$ty and lacks some basic features, sephalon simaris did well but its too expensive to grab all the features or to get excited until later.

The last thing i wanna say about the gear wheel and things like the archwing and other items that can't be used in some spaces to at least feature some additional passives and mods or features which allows them to be useful, this is why i said, the archwing in a small facility or city, or while in a mining area could be used to target and find points much easier with UI and stealth, and other of its functions which are useful for space missions and caverns, turn on the HUD and toggle the flashlights, and other visual aids while on the odonata, and deploy some robots and collectors, beacons, and shields, the laser then can be upgraded to have blast damage or some blinding features, and so on,

while riding the k-drive and vice versa makes archwing malfunction currently theres no function or sub weapons to deploy, this is why i like the idea of converting the skateboard and tools into actual sub-abilities and robotics which will be more helpful than any other content or new weapons or features until the other planets get updated, and have more types of enemies and resources added or loot, the best thing we can do is increase the types of function from a defensive and special standing, we got all the syndicates and patrons from cetus and fortuna to help make it work.