[DE]Megan

Prime Vault: Hotfix 25.7.5

On 2019-09-09 at 3:05 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed the Lua Lens appearing as the same basic Lens icon in the Arsenal/Inventory screen.

So has the issue of the lua lens not giving affinity been fixed?

After the upgrade, Catchmoon Kitguns stopped Terralist damage

f258676870a7349ad899497e3aa923f2-full.jp

Edited by Kbaht_

We still have a hole in the orbiter in the personal quarters by the window left side when you go in look down to the left of where you kneel just needs a paint job over it w/ Chroma key and it would cover the hole since it's semi a color texture missing, we can't fall through it but seeing the outside from a hole in the ground is highly disturbing if you wanted to take this game seriously ( we'd decompress and suffocate space Mom, space Aunt, & help us god Pablo!) also would be nice if we had an in game feature to search for Clans and to put in a request to join, it will help expand the clans to new players rather than people just spamming the recruitment channel all the time for just clan stuff. Clans aren't as active as they use to I feel the feature would make us come together more, have it attached to the Codex inside the UI when you open it: Quests > Universe > Training > Missions > Clan Search (or something close to this)

Edited by Corneilla
  • Like 1

Le 09/09/2019 à 21:06, DynHamid a dit :

Skip cinematic
Skip cinematic
Skip cinematic
Skip cinematic
Skip cinematic

PS: Thanks for the hotfix!

• Haha 2

By the way, I noticed that the Abilities tips tab for Saryn is either lying, or Molt is bugged and CANNOT remove Nox sludges, unlike what the tip says.

It never has since Nox's conception, so if it's intended to remove it, please fix.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, LetsPlayArbitration said:

Thank you for adding to what i said, i'm aware of basically everything you mentioned. I'm assuming the average joe running low on disk space (not someone who builds their own rigs) has never touched a sata cable in their lives and probably doesn't want to learn how to do anything that is beyond maybe installing a driver. At the very least for this average joe connecting a cheap and affordable $20 USB device to a laptop with no other internal storage bays will be cheaper than finding someone to clone him over to a larger drive or SSD. Sure the performance takes a bit of a hit, but joe doesn't really mind considering that he has a laptop with low end specs. Sure joe could invest over $50 into an external HDD or SSD solution, but joe finds letting go of $20 for the ability to store warframe and several other games a good deal. Joe isnt playing competitive games on his laptop with a wireless non gaming mouse using his wooden desk as a mousepad, joe only cares about getting warframe to fit on a drive for around $20 with no technical finesse required. People who arent like joe (you and i) already know what we need and are willing to spend money. Joe has no idea what a "sata" or a "2.5" or "3.5" is. Joe has never used disk management, clonezilla, or gparted in his life.

Also those games range from SNES to Quake live graphics. Warframe is aesthetically on the same level of AAA titles. You can probably play all the games you listed perfectly fine on a laptop with integrated graphics. Warframe 60fps on integrated graphics requires a lot of graphical sacrifices. I can fit around 50 or more wii/gamecube games into the same size of BO4 but that's not exactly a fair comparison because BO4 is a newer game and meant to translate well into the future of 4K. with warframe you're almost looking at comparing it to destiny 2 and that game base alone is literally 2x larger. 

You've moved the bar, and decided that instead of addressing the issue a straw man is easier to contend with.

Your theoretical person can install the game, select a directory that isn't C, despite this they can't install a new hard drive because SATA and power connectors are too complicated.  Likewise, they're capable of screwing with their paging file but are stuck with an understanding of TRIM and partitioning of a hard drive that is most charitably described as historic.

If you can produce this person, please let them out of the box.  

On a non-joking front, the point stands.  

1) Warframe having AAA graphics is debatable at times.  Even giving you this, the update requiring even more dead drive space doesn't matter to graphics.  Technically 3D Marks is prettier than Warframe and takes up less space.  Games are about fun, and 4+ games worth of fun is a huge problem when Warframe is about a 20 minute loop repeated forever to grind for resources.

2) When you have years of development bolted into a game that still often bugs out so hard that something as simple as guns don't work, bosses are bullet proof, and shield lancers are capable of defying physics then you've got a lot of answering after 6 years in beta and some development time prior to that.

3) Again, Warframe being future proof is a joke.  Maybe you don't remember, but when it came out it was jank.  100% jank.  Like not loading enough enemies in to kill during an exterminate, loading you off the map, and failing entirely to load your frame.  Future proof kind of requires you work now, not that the developers will support it into the future due to its continuing financial success (looking at you Destiny, Anthem, Battlefront 2, etc...).  Likewise, if games are good enough they get remasters.  The NES classic, retro games being remastered, and 8-bit nostalgia games (Shovel Knight) demonstrate that games aren't 100% graphics.

4) All 4 games I cited offer experiences similar to Warframe.  Amid Evil is a tight shooter offering replay value and mechanics which work, both better than Warframe.  Slime Rancher offers the grind and resource management, where challenges actually unlock good stuff.  It's also still being developed but each release doesn't get followed by a string of patches to fix what the latest mainline broke.  Terraria is older than Warframe, has a development team that is smaller than DE's streaming team, and has had more content added to it than Warframe.  Rimworld is RNG realized as DE cannot.  Instead of the building block levels and statistical drops you have something new every time.  Yes there are a limited number of events, but they scale and stack.  If DE could do this then getting past the armor scaling wouldn't be a problem.  Instead, the random value is quickly lost because the tiles are seen too often and deeper experiences stacked from that randomness are impossible due to scaling.  Again, telling me these games aren't visually impressive and thus the space is justified for optimizations and dead space thereafter is a pretty odd statement to defend.

5) Barring points 1-4, it still is an increase in requirements with zero positive for players.  You haven't explained that away with a work-around and straw man tech savant.

I'd also bring up that this goes to consoles.  If you've got one of them, there's no real plug and play drive expansion.  I'm going to love seeing the justification that half of a drive needs to be left blank so Warframe can update.  Remember that Switch only has a total of 32 GB of internal memory.  You're telling me I can't install Warframe unless I have a huge storage device added, because to optimize the files I literally need all available internal memory...Seems like the PC is a platform of frustration, and the Switch team is going to have to clean up the inefficient spaghetti code again...seems a lot like a "we'll fix it later"...seems like DE has been saying that for years. 

I'd happily offer the benefit of doubt if is was warranted, but it took years for vacuum on all sentinels and even longer to get fetch.  We're five years in before your companions couldn't die if you spent some time away from the game.  We're still having to baby Kavats and Kubrow, after buying individual slots for each of them.  Most interestingly, we got Moas which released with a single bracket (no polarities and no potato until you've reached level 30), components whose stats didn't matter, and a fishing sentinel who requires so much grind to get that by the time you build it you've got a stack of dyes 300+ deep because you can't get a shorter grind for resources until you've leveled through multiple syndicates and can fight a boss (on OV) where finding a group less than a year in is functionally impossible with random people outside of peak hours (old school Vay Hek on Earth style).

If lessons were learned, I'd suggest the extra room is needed.  DE hasn't shown that, so I'm angry that this is an additional frustration and annoyance.  I understand defending them, but only so far as to never having played the game before.  Compared to EA and Activision they're great, but that's a low bar.  I have no reason to accept this without voicing anger, because that's apparently the only thing DE responds to any more.  Read: Echoes of Umbra.  Read: Riven market imbalances and the functional black market.  Read: forum moderation by professional entities.  Waiting for them to be better isn't working, so it's time for some anger to push them in the right direction.  It's the only thing that works anymore, which is sad but not worth arguing about.  The results speak for themselves.

https://i.imgur.com/ti9zFPh.png

Ofc if DE keeps on nerfing everything to the ground. What are the bots complaining ? or just mesa players who are not able to kill fast enough ? none of my weapons preform as good as they used to(lvl 150 plus . all the plat on rivens wasted basicaly). THANK YOU DE !! guess ill just become another casual who dosnt need forma and dosnt do more than 15 waves on hydron or 20 min kuva.... 
dont ya hate when everything gets casualsized to help new players who then leave when the game is not fun anymore and only return for some new quests xD

On a positive note cant wait for the new open world and the few months the possible kitriffles will be gucci ^^ 
Please DE i love you. Think about the people who want to play for multiple hours on one server as well. Stop nerfing rivens or just straight out remove em. i dont wanna be force into using a weapon i dont like playstyle/look of it just cuz all my "popuiar" weapons get nerfed to the ground. it IS the WORST idea ever to nerf rivens just cuz u selfishly want all weapons to be used. Its the nature of MMO's that meta changes and older stuff usualy gets forgoten about. just like many mods in wf so far. I wont even complain about balancing enemy's over lvl 100 just dont make it worse with nerfing our stuff. im so sick of grinding S#&$ ton of platinum for a riven that drops in price like a mofo thanks to annual nerfs. loosing money without being able to do anything about it is trash. Still love your game and ur streams but i dont enyoj the game just cuz of these reasons anymore. And i dont understand people who play for years and dont do mroe then 15 min/waves. i want to be chalenged even if it means unbalanced one shot to me. but i need GODLY op weapons to deal with crazy amounts of armour on high lvl enemies. 

Edited by Kanra_SparX
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

@[DE]Megan Was the nikana holster style bug fixed? Or is that still an issue? Because after the Saint of Altra update, nikana holster styles were mysteriously removed leaving anyone with an over the shoulder holster with a bugged nikana in the arsenal screen (The warframe holds the nikana out as if it is presenting it to you like "HERE MASTER HERE IS YOUR SWORD!!!")

8 hours ago, master_of_destiny said:

1) Warframe having AAA graphics is debatable at times.  Even giving you this, the update requiring even more dead drive space doesn't matter to graphics.  Technically 3D Marks is prettier than Warframe and takes up less space. 

Comparing a full game to a test program that only runs 3d scenes, saying that the last one takes up less space. Wow. 

• Haha 1

Whoever is working on the graphics, THANKS!

A really, big, huge thanks!

It was good, then it was BAD, but now is better than before.

I was even trying to use Reshade but now it's totally not needed, everything looks simply amazing!

Keep up the good work!

On 2019-09-10 at 6:45 AM, KingJerbear said:

Are you using a Bow? Because most of the Bows got some serious buffs, both for damage and stats (Crit chance, etc.)

No, I am aware of the bow buffs. I was referring to the exact same weapons - I tested Lanka, Rubico P, Vulkar W, Euphona P and Catchmoon. These are the only ones I tested, with unchanged mods they now do at least 5 times more damage than before the main update.  I'm sure it's not the guns, it's the Eidolons' resistance that's gone down, to like, near non-existent level of broken, in other words, it feels like they had 80% innate damage reduction and now have none. I did the run as Volt with a Trinity friend. We duo 3x3 a lot before and after the update, so the exact same builds, auras etc.

2 hours ago, Squizzolo said:

Comparing a full game to a test program that only runs 3d scenes, saying that the last one takes up less space. Wow. 

I can't tell if you really genuinely don't get it, or this is an ongoing joke.

It has "good" 3d graphics so it deserves to take up more disk space for no reason.

Perhaps you're part of the group of people who also bought into the Fallout 4 HD texture package.  The thing that added little more than 50 GB of textures and killed performance, whereas community made graphical mods increased performance and made things prettier.  Drive space<>Graphics<>gameplay.

The program, Warframe, doesn't justify suddenly requiring more dead space because it's pretty.  That was the original diversion, and people continue to make that straw man.  The counter straw man is that I can cite any number of programs creating complex 3d graphics better than Warframe, which don't require the same things to work.  Likewise games don't have to have all the visual bells and whistles to be good.  If anybody doubts that, explain how WoW classic exists.

My argument is still valid, despite people intentionally misrepresenting pieces.  Warframe doesn't earn a free pass on simply increasing required disk space.  There are prettier programs.  There are better games (better within their operations, not better as a whole given that rabbit hole is deep).  DE is competing with that, and has decided that instead of taking the harder road they'll just require more disk space.

If you'd like to misrepresent the core issue, please continue.  Give DE a free pass.  In a year when you're done with the content (less if you actively play the game as the reward structure allows).  Come back when you realize that you'll have to log in every day for two years before you get all three weapons (more than that if you want the mods) that can be rewarded.  Likewise when DE releases things like the Sibear and Hema, or perhaps the initial economy on the plains, give them a pass.  Good luck with that.  There's a reason I took two years off, and why my friends list is populated with numbers like 1026 days since last login.  We all need another Black Ops 4, FIFA, PEZ, and Anthem, right?  

Blazing Step Ephemera 1,01% drop chance --- I did it hundreds of times and still no drop - I don't need focus anymore (I max out every school and have unbound every possible abtility and have max pool + over 5 000 000 focus in every school) so it gets annoying --- can't you give it a 5% drop chance like every other Ephemera????? 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

On 2019-09-09 at 3:58 PM, Midas said:

Don't think this is happening.

I feel like Disruption feedback is also being ignored...

A 1k standing medallion is a really bad incentive to grind as well.

Why do I need syndicate standing when I have it done anyways as many other endgame players do as well.

Trying to figure out what is going through their heads honestly.

Gauss also feels like hes being ignored. I love the new frame but he has issues. 

On 2019-09-09 at 12:05 PM, Zera said:

I hope you revert the change that the Universal Medaillon does not work with Conclave because without asking others to play against you, conclave is quite literally unplayable and dead since nobody plays or joins it.

Agreed! I was Super excited to hear that I can get the stuff from Conclave that I wanted without having to beg people to play it with me...

Great, now i wonder if you could take a look at a bug while doing bounties in plains of eidolon where as you suddenly become unable to interact with anything or click revive on your self, or pickup items at all. Which as you can understand makes it hard to make the bounty in question as you cant pick up ammo or reload, or for that matter interact with the objective or other squad members. This bug has happened to me about, 3-4 times already and ive met others whom gone through similar situations/predicaments. Best regards, your fellow player.

4 hours ago, Drakoonite said:

Great, now i wonder if you could take a look at a bug while doing bounties in plains of eidolon where as you suddenly become unable to interact with anything or click revive on your self, or pickup items at all. Which as you can understand makes it hard to make the bounty in question as you cant pick up ammo or reload, or for that matter interact with the objective or other squad members. This bug has happened to me about, 3-4 times already and ive met others whom gone through similar situations/predicaments. Best regards, your fellow player.

I find when that happens the easiest way to break the cycle, (well this is my method that works) is equip your K-Drive then jump off the K-Drive and it should reset your problems. I've tried jumping in the water but that doesn't work. You could try equipping your archwing see how that goes.

How abot invest in some Download server around the Planet called Earth
i have a Max Download of 32 mb/s and all i get from you team DE is a Download from 15kb/s... Geez we don't live in 1980 anymore
you have the Money so use it to make the Game at some point Download patches Faster for your community... since 2014 is this the Problem everyone has... Patching the Game at super slow Speeds even with glasswire Connection

SOrry to say , but the metallic reflections still look like a$$. For instance gold on drop ships doesn't reflect at all, hardly. It's dull and looks like matte instead. I thik the old system looked BETTER! Is there a proper fix coming for this because it makes a pretty big difference with the immersion factor. 

• Upvote 1

On 2019-09-11 at 5:17 PM, master_of_destiny said:

The program, Warframe, doesn't justify suddenly requiring more dead space because it's pretty.  That was the original diversion, and people continue to make that straw man.  The counter straw man is that I can cite any number of programs creating complex 3d graphics better than Warframe, which don't require the same things to work.  Likewise games don't have to have all the visual bells and whistles to be good.  If anybody doubts that, explain how WoW classic exists.

Being pretty has NOTHING to do with it. And you can't compare a TEST program with a full game and talk about which one requires more space or swap file or whatever you want. 3dmark doesn't have to handle the physics engine that has to take care of all the things in game, or the AI, or whatever else a game needs. 

Can we get a fix for the unskippable cutscenes, most of them are the "drop down"-sequences at the start of a map.

On 2019-09-11 at 2:09 PM, Demian_DeVile said:

Blazing Step Ephemera 1,01% drop chance --- I did it hundreds of times and still no drop - I don't need focus anymore (I max out every school and have unbound every possible abtility and have max pool + over 5 000 000 focus in every school) so it gets annoying --- can't you give it a 5% drop chance like every other Ephemera????? 

Its 1% each time. You most likely wont get it in 100 runs

• Applause 1