Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please stop sending me inbox messages about the Ghouls

AdunSaveMe

Why is one of the most frequent recurring events in the game also one of the only ones that sends an inbox message, not only every single time it starts, but when it finishes as well? It literally shows it on the navigation list. There's no way you can NOT know it's happening.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Oreades said:

And Baro and Plaguestar....

?

Baro is required since everyone and their mother and their cousins too keep asking "When baro?" so they get notified when he's there. And Plague Star...only appears like what, once or twice a year? Unlike Ghouls which is every week or two.

Edited by IceColdHawk

1 minute ago, IceColdHawk said:

?

Baro is required since everyone and their mother and their cousins too keep asking "When baro?" 

and everyone and their cousin is doing that because memeing the bot. I'd wager that only a small faction of those players are actually seriously sussing out when baro is arriving. 

If the Email actually did anything the When/Where Baro would stop when Baro shows up but in most instances it gets worse. As if there isn't a clear indicator on the star chart where Baro is. 

But there is the off chance that maybe just maybe five of these people actually don't know when/where Baro. So easy compirimise is to have the mail server only serve up a Baro notification, beyond the very first obligatory Baro is a thing Mail, IF the player has asked "when/where Baro" in the last cycle. 

Cause frankly I'm tired of finishing up with Baro, loading back to my orbiter and recieving an in game email that force opens to let me know that Baro has arrived.

1 minute ago, Oreades said:

and everyone and their cousin is doing that because memeing the bot. I'd wager that only a small faction of those players are actually seriously sussing out when baro is arriving. 

If the Email actually did anything the When/Where Baro would stop when Baro shows up but in most instances it gets worse. As if there isn't a clear indicator on the star chart where Baro is. 

But there is the off chance that maybe just maybe five of these people actually don't know when/where Baro. So easy compirimise is to have the mail server only serve up a Baro notification, beyond the very first obligatory Baro is a thing Mail, IF the player has asked "when/where Baro" in the last cycle. 

Cause frankly I'm tired of finishing up with Baro, loading back to my orbiter and recieving an in game email that force opens to let me know that Baro has arrived.

Understandable but i do find baro at least worth "something" even if it's just disappointment most of the time. Meanwhile Ghouls...nobody cares about.

8 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

?

Baro is required since everyone and their mother and their cousins too keep asking "When baro?" so they get notified when he's there. And Plague Star...only appears like what, once or twice a year? Unlike Ghouls which is every week or two.

''When baro'' makes the chat bot reply with the time till next baro visit and it is indeed an intended feature that saves a trip to the relay in case the player forgot when his last visit was. Also when Baro is visiting it will be shown on the star chart so getting rid of the messages wouldn't have any negative impact.

4 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

Understandable but i do find baro at least worth "something" even if it's just disappointment most of the time. Meanwhile Ghouls...nobody cares about.

Hey now I cared about the Ghouls, they have the best lore nugget in the whole game IMHO with the Savah journals..... while simultaneously possessing the absolute WORST lore delivery mechanic in the whole game IMHO. 

Srsly if you haven't unlocked the Vinari lore, hit it up on Youtube, it's worth the listen..... maybe not the grind but definitely the listen. 

16 minutes ago, Oreades said:

And Baro and Plaguestar....

I disagree with both of these to an extent, but mainly for Plague Star. It's not nearly as common, appearing only a couple of times a year (FOUR TIMES total so far), with one more due this year, and it gives some significant Cetus rewards. That's the kind of thing that's okay to have an inbox message for.

On 2019-09-10 at 1:33 AM, taiiat said:

far more than just Ghouls. we get almost as much E-Mail spam inside of a game as we do IRL.

Stalker is the worst. 

I never gave him my details. Unless I forgot to tick/untick one of those third party detail things...