Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Event Weapons/mods Obtainability

Report_For_Feeding

First off, let me make this clear. I have zero problem with singular events awarding exclusive gear to the participants.

But DE, please, can we refrain from having events drop the very best gear of a certain category, and then have it be unobtainable?

As an example: I was away during the weekend in which the survival event took place. As I result, I do not have a strun wraith. I would be fine with this if it weren't for the fact that the Wraith outclasses all other shotguns in stats alone (Many players swear by this).

Primed chamber is another example of an exclusive gear piece that is no longer obtainable. Granted, while this one was awarded only to the top 100 players, the alternative, charged chamber, simply comes nowhere near the Primed variant in terms of utility and damage.

The problem with events giving away such powerful gear pieces is that it turns away newcomers to the game who may feel they are disadvantaged in the sense that they simply do not have access to the highest tier of equipment. Furthermore, it has the potential to irritate players who have played the game for a significant amount of time and feel as though they have been cheated of high quality gear due to being away from the game for whatever reason, sometimes that reason being uncontrollable.

I feel a good solution to this would be as simple as to handle reward distribution post-event the same way it was done with the fusion MOA event. The participants should receive whatever gear prizes there are, and like the frost prime blueprint, should be obtainable afterwards through gameplay. It is perfectly reasonable for the items to be very difficult to obtain, but achievable nonetheless.

Cosmetic items, however, such as many of the event badges awarded during the event, should be exclusive to event participants as a way of demonstrating their fidelity to the game.

TL; DR: Event items should still be accessible post-event, with fair amounts of time investment.

First off, let me make this clear. I have zero problem with singular events awarding exclusive gear to the participants.

But DE, please, can we refrain from having events drop the very best gear of a certain category, and then have it be unobtainable?

As an example: I was away during the weekend in which the survival event took place. As I result, I do not have a strun wraith. I would be fine with this if it weren't for the fact that the Wraith outclasses all other shotguns in stats alone (Many players swear by this).

Primed chamber is another example of an exclusive gear piece that is no longer obtainable. Granted, while this one was awarded only to the top 100 players, the alternative, charged chamber, simply comes nowhere near the Primed variant in terms of utility and damage.

The problem with events giving away such powerful gear pieces is that it turns away newcomers to the game who may feel they are disadvantaged in the sense that they simply do not have access to the highest tier of equipment. Furthermore, it has the potential to irritate players who have played the game for a significant amount of time and feel as though they have been cheated of high quality gear due to being away from the game for whatever reason, sometimes that reason being uncontrollable.

I feel a good solution to this would be as simple as to handle reward distribution post-event the same way it was done with the fusion MOA event. The participants should receive whatever gear prizes there are, and like the frost prime blueprint, should be obtainable afterwards through gameplay. It is perfectly reasonable for the items to be very difficult to obtain, but achievable nonetheless.

Cosmetic items, however, such as many of the event badges awarded during the event, should be exclusive to event participants as a way of demonstrating their fidelity to the game.

TL; DR: Event items should still be accessible post-event, with fair amounts of time investment.

Some event mods are already out there. Also frost prime used to be an event item now look! I'm sure they will make more bro!