Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave and Quests

Cerebrophage

LINK TO FEEDBACK THREAD:

>.> DE, I get you want to make it so people play your game longer.

The "find all 3 caches" were hard enough for me with my ADHD; it's hard to search places moreso than the normal person. Now, you're making apothics a 7k rep? Come on...

Not only do I have ADHD, I have very limited time to play warframe. Finding all these materials is a nightmare with the sunlight/moonlight mechanic PLUS starting from scratch; getting only one item per scan. That's a bit excessive, don't you think?

If you're going to make quests part of nightwave, that's fine. But please for the love of god, don't do ones like that. I have enough of a difficult time finding all 3 caches (three times). It took me all of my gaming session last night (3 hours) to find them. I can't do them with clanmates typically because they're busy pursuing their own agenda, and PUGs just want to rush the mission, so I gotta do it on my own.

My entire gaming session. For 4.5k rep.

Addendum:

The fundamental problem here folks is that when I play, I can ONLY play nightwave because if I want to earn these rewards, I have to focus 100% of my time on them. I can't finish up my rep for any of the planetary folks or even worry about relics, arbitrations, sanctuary onslaught, etc.

"So don't do them, they're cosmetic."

Untrue. After you reach 30, you can keep earning "Cred" which will allow you to purchase mods and other potatoes which are near impossible.

Second Addendum:

While there are those out there who suffer similar conditions to my own and experience no difficulties, it should be recognized that everyone has different challenges that they have to face. I recognize that some have it worse than me and certainly, some have it easier. I speak here today for those who have it worse than, or equal to the difficulties I face with this game function DE has put into place. I do not ask for a lowering in difficulty. But perhaps, the ability to choose your objectives, rather than be given a static set that you must fulfill? I think the ability to choose would be more engaging for players and offer a more rounded experience for a larger number of players.

Edited by Cerebrophage

13 minutes ago, Cerebrophage said:

>.> DE, I get you want to make it so people play your game longer.

The "find all 3 caches" were hard enough for me with my ADHD; it's hard to search places moreso than the normal person. Now, you're making apothics a 7k rep? Come on...

Not only do I have ADHD, I have very limited time to play warframe. Finding all these materials is a nightmare with the sunlight/moonlight mechanic PLUS starting from scratch; getting only one item per scan. That's a bit excessive, don't you think?

If you're going to make quests part of nightwave, that's fine. But please for the love of god, don't do ones like that. I have enough of a difficult time finding all 3 caches (three times). It took me all of my gaming session last night (3 hours) to find them. I can't do them with clanmates typically because they're busy pursuing their own agenda, and PUGs just want to rush the mission, so I gotta do it on my own.

My entire gaming session. For 4.5k rep.

Just skip it, honestly.

I've been super busy, so I've gone a few weeks without playing seriously and I missed a lotta acts... and I'm still at Rank 25 of this Series, and I'll likely get to 30 without a bother.

It's getting to a point where some players need to realise that DE can't bend to the will of each and every individuals personal needs or handicaps: it's a game, not work, and if you're not enjoying it you're doing it wrong.

7 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

So change the task just because of you?

Anyways, don't do it. You don't need 100% only 60%.

That'd be interesting if I was the only guy with ADHD and a limited time schedule.

Reaching 60% is probably the same difficulty for me as 100% is for you, if not more difficult. Please, stop being prejudiced against people with mental disorders.

The fundamental problem here folks is that when I play, I can ONLY play nightwave because if I want to earn these rewards, I have to focus 100% of my time on them. I can't finish up my rep for any of the planetary folks or even worry about relics, arbitrations, sanctuary onslaught, etc.

"So don't do them, they're cosmetic."

Untrue. After you reach 30, you can keep earning "Cred" which will allow you to purchase mods and other potatoes which are near impossible to earn for free.

[Adding argument to OP]

Edited by Cerebrophage
Adding to OP

1 minute ago, Cerebrophage said:

That'd be interesting if I was the only guy with ADHD and a limited time schedule.

Reaching 60% is probably the same difficulty for me as 100% is for you, if not more difficult. Please, stop being prejudiced against people with mental disorders.

Nw is a joke enough already. None of the challenges are hard or time consuming. 

And again you are not the 90% of the player base.

Just now, JackHargreav said:

Nw is a joke enough already. None of the challenges are hard or time consuming. 

And again you are not the 90% of the player base.

They aren't meant to be, as I understand it.

I never said I was the playerbase. You assumed that I took this stance. Please, don't put words in my mouth, it makes you come off as dishonest in this discussion.

18 minutes ago, Cerebrophage said:

Untrue. After you reach 30, you can keep earning "Cred" which will allow you to purchase mods and other potatoes which are near impossible to earn for free.

[Adding argument to OP]

That is a terribly slow and inefficient method of earning these mods and potatoes. Crack relics, sell prime parts, grofit.

6 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

That is a terribly slow and inefficient method of earning these mods and potatoes. Crack relics, sell prime parts, grofit.

It's faster than what I have time for. Gotta do Nightwave to get the Arcane Grace, the Nitain Extract. I don't think you can get NE with relics, can you?

- Let's not forget the Umbra Forma, the unique mods, etc.

Edited by Cerebrophage

4 minutes ago, Cerebrophage said:

It's faster than what I have time for. Gotta do Nightwave to get the Arcane Grace, the Nitain Extract. I don't think you can get NE with relics, can you?

You can collect relics faster than you can do Nightwave. Nitain is meh, it's not as necessary as everyone claims.

Edited by Zilchy

14 minutes ago, Cerebrophage said:

I would like DE to take people with ADHD and/or limited availability in schedules to play into consideration. Please, stop making this about me, you're being very rude.

But you post in a place where DE does not read/pay attention? 

Feedback, is the better subforum for you. 

In the meantime, a real possible solution would be to find a friend in game to help you blitz through the missions faster. 

15 minutes ago, Cerebrophage said:

I would like DE to take people with ADHD and/or limited availability in schedules to play into consideration. Please, stop making this about me, you're being very rude.

They already have though.  At some point you just need to accept that you might not have enough time to play a game such as Warframe.  It sucks, but so does life.  And if your 'situation' means you need to work around things then to an extent that's on you as well.  Find someone who is willing to help with caches, who has spare apothics etc and run with them.

25 minutes ago, Cerebrophage said:

I never said I was the playerbase. You assumed that I took this stance. Please, don't put words in my mouth, it makes you come off as dishonest in this discussion.

"If you're going to make quests part of nightwave, that's fine. But please for the love of god, don't do ones like that. I have enough of a difficult time finding all 3 caches (three times). It took me all of my gaming session last night (3 hours) to find them. I can't do them with clanmates typically because they're busy pursuing their own agenda, and PUGs just want to rush the mission, so I gotta do it on my own."

Yes, how could anyone get that idea? It's not like you're asking that the game be changed because of your difficulty with it or anything.

16 minutes ago, Cerebrophage said:

My ADHD has never once prohibited me from doing anything in the game. And believe me, it's had plenty of opportunity. Stop trying to use your mental condition as an excuse, it's embarrassing for the rest of us.

7 minutes ago, XRosenkreuz said:

"If you're going to make quests part of nightwave, that's fine. But please for the love of god, don't do ones like that. I have enough of a difficult time finding all 3 caches (three times). It took me all of my gaming session last night (3 hours) to find them. I can't do them with clanmates typically because they're busy pursuing their own agenda, and PUGs just want to rush the mission, so I gotta do it on my own."

Yes, how could anyone get that idea? It's not like you're asking that the game be changed because of your difficulty with it or anything.

My ADHD has never once prohibited me from doing anything in the game. And believe me, it's had plenty of opportunity. Stop trying to use your mental condition as an excuse, it's embarrassing for the rest of us.

Stop assuming that your difficulties are the same as mine or anyone elses. Everyone deals with depression, ADHD, anxiety, etc. differently. https://add.org/adhd-facts/

You're trying to make this issue about the individual, which is just wrong. Your post portrays to me the problem that people face with today while suffering mental illness: those without suffer ignorance, and those who do, suffer the consequences.

I would even say you're using my mental illness as a crutch for your argument as that's all you've done. Now that's embarrassing.

Edited by Cerebrophage

3 minutes ago, Cerebrophage said:

Stop assuming that your difficulties are the same as mine or anyone elses. Everyone deals with depression, ADHD, anxiety, etc. differently. https://add.org/adhd-facts/

You're trying to make this issue about the individual, which is just wrong. Your post portrays to me the problem that people face with today while suffering mental illness: those without suffer ignorance, and those who do, suffer the consequences.

So you don't think DE takes folks with ADHD into consideration because of your difficulties with the game, and that's fine. I tell you that my ADHD doesn't get in my way, and somehow I'm wrong.

If you'd be so kind as to edit your OP to say, "Will brook no differing opinions" at the end, you could save a lot of people some typing time.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, XRosenkreuz said:

So you don't think DE takes folks with ADHD into consideration because of your difficulties with the game, and that's fine. I tell you that my ADHD doesn't get in my way, and somehow I'm wrong.

If you'd be so kind as to edit your OP to say, "Will brook no differing opinions" at the end, you could save a lot of people some typing time.

So, because, you don't have problems, I should dismiss myself? Sounds legit. I know that people have it worse than me, I remind myself of that every day. If there are people out there who have it worse, and I'm having problems, I should speak up then, shouldn't I?

That being, said, I will amend the OP since you asked. Not very nicely, but I'll add it. Is there anything else you'd like me to add?

[Addendum added, please look it over and provide any suggestions you might have] 🙂

Edited by Cerebrophage

12 minutes ago, Cerebrophage said:

[Addendum added, please look it over and provide any suggestions you might have] 🙂

The real crime is that it's not even a bad suggestion. I don't see it getting implemented, but it's a decent idea.

Maybe lead with the good instead of the complaining next time, hey?