Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Supra Vs Soma = Buff Supra

syle

Waah! Waah! I no longer have the best gun and I have to work at another one!

Give me a @(*()$ break.

That's hardly the point. If you've been reading about the feedback regarding the two guns, you'll notice that people are upset that the Supra's power is not proportionate to its material cost and Mastery rank requirement as compared to the Soma. Let's hope your next post does not reflect your IGN like this one seems to do.

Waah! Waah! I no longer have the best gun and I have to work at another one!

Give me a @(*()$ break.

The thing is Supra cost infinitely more and it wasn't even the best.

Flux already beaten it in true effectiveness when fighting lvl 80+ Grineer and above.

And to get the damn supra it cost 7 fieldron not including other materials.

And 4.5 days of build time if perfect 12 hours on your end. For many it takes a week just to get the fieldron up.

Then to even get that thing, you need dera researched, and before Dera, you need Prova, and before Prova you need Fieldron. Before you even get those, you need a energy lab, and before energy lab, the oracle blah blah blah.

The time spent is infinitely more costly than anything else and the Soma comes with 2 polarities right at the start.  Heck all thrown weapons too. Supra and most Clan tech start with 0 polarities, which means more time spent to get it online.

That is why I can empathize with Supra owners although I used the Flux.

Edited by fatpig84

Soma needs more than a mastery rank adjustment. It needs a nerf. It blows nearly every other weapon away in terms of effectiveness, and its far easier to acquire than the clan weapons.

As long as its critical chance remains untouched. A weapon designed for critical damage should be able to score critical hits reliably. I just wish the critical chance of the Latron Prime and sniper weapons could be buffed as well

The thing is that You can pump Soma to deal x8 crit dmg with 83% of crit chance. So its like 70-is dmg per shot on averange without any other mods added.

Thise base Crit combo requres 3 mods = Hammer Shot, Pint Strike and 120% crit dmg mod.

Yes you deal more % of armor piercing dmg with Piercing Shot than with any other rifles with  normal bullets, because you dont need to go Rainbow build on Soma to buff its dmg.

Thats basicly the only good thing you have from Soma in comparison to Gorgon - better % of armor piercing in your overall dmg and bit reduced spread. Its not a big issue in low-mid play. You only feel difference past lvl 50 or so, but Soma also starts to fall back vs guns with inherit Armorpiercing at this stage.

Problems?

P.S Flux still beats the crap out of EVERY primary rifle vs 100+ enemies.

Edited by derclaw

Problems?

P.S Flux still beats the crap out of EVERY primary rifle vs 100+ enemies.

I reserve my doubts:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/112011-i-give-up-some-does-more-ap-dps-than-even-flux/

Still, I can't deny the multipliers of Serrated Blade against the light Infested.

Edited by ChaoticVice777

I wish all future guns to be sidegrades, and not this lame 'teh mastery higar therfur must be betar' crap. Id rather this game not be another 'farm this equipment that you might not like the looks or mechanics or else you suck at endgame', alas, Scotts words last dev stream made me think this is not going to be the case.

Sidegrades suck!

OK wait, allow me to re-phrase, because that just sounds inflammatory and does not encompass the full gamut of my thoughts on the matter.

There SHOULD be sidegrades, variety is the spice of killing things, but not everything should be a sidegrade of a single tier of weapons. I like the idea of having, as a purely hypothetical example, the Burston as the first tier 'burst fire primary', then the Hind as a direct upgrade that unlocks at a higher mastery level - So have it do more damage, but make it slightly harder to handle, making it so that a good player can get higher DPS but they need to be more steady with their aim in order to achieve that. 

I say group the weapons up into Tiers that are unlocked at certain Mastery levels, then fine tune the achievement of Mastery Points, so that you get more for accomplishing gameplay objectives rather than grinding out equipment levels. 

As an example - The mission is a capture, but the Lotus stipulates that killing over 200 enemies will attract the attention of the Tenno hierarchy (netting you exp towards the next mastery rank), and doing it with only your Melee Weapon will double that influence. 

Either that or split up Mastery into Rifles, Shotguns, Thrown Weapons, Swords, Daggers etc. and make it so that the more enemies you vanquish with a given class of weapon will allow you access to the more badass ones at higher ranked tiers. 

Am I rambling?

As true as that is, things you have listed are not gameplay mechanics that affect how much fun the game is.

Hey, you were the one claiming Warframe was:

*shrug* Vindictus with ninjas then.

because:

Huh, i picked up this game because someone told me everything will be viable, and if i like a piece of equipment i can stick to it for ever.

As good as Warframe is, not all weapons are going to be viable due to the developer's intentions to create weapon tiering and due to the fact that getting weapons isn't nearly as difficult.

I completely do not understand your post. In vindictus i can not viably use a weapon i picked up at level 10 in level 70 or 80 content, simple fact, as the game's equipment is based on upgrades. The reason i picked up warframe was because someone told me that devs want everything to be viable. A system of "sidegrades", so to say. The fact that suddenly, after months of beta, they release information they do not want to head in that direction makes the game gravitate more towards how vindictus handles it. Therefore my comment of vindictus with ninjas.

Equipment being based on upgrades or sidegrades is a gameplay mechanic, because it is in the game. Then you come in and list things that are not gameplay, such as customer support or developer's responsiveness.

Could you please explain the point in your post more clearly?

As good as Warframe is, not all weapons are going to be viable due to the developer's intentions to create weapon tiering and due to the fact that getting weapons isn't nearly as difficult.

Armor 2.0 is "supposed" to fix that.

All weapons are viable but there will still be some better than others, as per the tier system here.

Of course there is a rare few that are almost side grades. A Hind for example doesn't make a Burston obsolete despite being a "higher tier".

Their damage is still same per bullet but Hind shoot 5 round burst which can lead to over kill more often while more accurate. Burston will fire in 3 and can over kill considerably less (3 burst is 9 shots vs 2 burst is 10 shots for Hind). However the Burston kicks harder, but such recoil can still be mitigated with mouse jerking.

But this is one of the closer side grades as opposed to true upgrades.

The only upgrade the Hind has is it's accuracy over the Burston.

I completely do not understand your post. In vindictus i can not viably use a weapon i picked up at level 10 in level 70 or 80 content, simple fact, as the game's equipment is based on upgrades. The reason i picked up warframe was because someone told me that devs want everything to be viable. A system of "sidegrades", so to say. The fact that suddenly, after months of beta, they release information they do not want to head in that direction makes the game gravitate more towards how vindictus handles it. Therefore my comment of vindictus with ninjas.

Equipment being based on upgrades or sidegrades is a gameplay mechanic, because it is in the game. Then you come in and list things that are not gameplay, such as customer support or developer's responsiveness.

Could you please explain the point in your post more clearly?

Basically, you came in thinking this was TF2 and instead got Vindictus with ninjas, correct? My point is that there's no reason for thinking that in the first place. Warframe had never made everything viable because of armor scaling, and that's why you had to at least take a look at the mechanics themselves to make Informed decisions and possibly branch into valid arguments. Feedback is a gameplay mechanic.

I am reposting what -Kittens- said about this weapons, since few people have done a better job so thoroughly roasting it.

No it is not a very good gun.

It is a supremely mediocre gun.

It is insanely expensive to make.

It takes FIVE forma to max its burst damage.

Your result for doing this?

the sixth most damaging gun in the game... if your target is directly in front of you and frozen

It is a glowy gimmick vanity SMG for Rhino.

and nothing else.

Look at the minigun in Doom 3 or the Typhoon in ME3 or the minigun in AvP2/3

The gun's cost in no way shape or form matches its output. Not even close.

It is a vanity weapon and nothing else.

Not upset at all.

Simply stating things as blunt as is needed.

And just for you, I'll make a giant ridiculously and overly verbose list, but don't expect me to bother reading any rebuttal as I've already done the math and spent the resources, and ran around with the weapon for two weeks straight before ditching it for the far worthier Sobek.

1. Accuracy: pretty crap at anything over strun range, this is with optimal framerate and as host. One of the only guns where a target can literally WALK around the bullets. Fortunately due to WFs forgiving mechanics, enemies like to run at you a lot. Lucky you.

2. Travel time: Not even worth discussing.

3. Damage. Again, there are far better alternatives that are literally a third of the cost.

4. Spooling: definitely not top tier

5. Ammo usage: totally predicated by level and resistance.

6. Because of spread, mass suppressing can only occur at ranges where melee start to become viable or where a shotgun bought for 50/75K would have already solved your problem.

7. Strafing while under full spool causes bullets to drift even further.

8. Reload: not worth discussing.

9. TTK to ammo ratio is ridiculous, unless you're Rhino.

The thing is Supra cost infinitely more and it wasn't even the best.

Flux already beaten it in true effectiveness when fighting lvl 80+ Grineer and above.

And to get the damn supra it cost 7 fieldron not including other materials.

And 4.5 days of build time if perfect 12 hours on your end. For many it takes a week just to get the fieldron up.

Then to even get that thing, you need dera researched, and before Dera, you need Prova, and before Prova you need Fieldron. Before you even get those, you need a chem lab, and before chem lab, the oracle blah blah blah.

The time spent is infinitely more costly than anything else and the Soma comes with 2 polarities right at the start.  Heck all thrown weapons too. Supra and most Clan tech start with 0 polarities, which means more time spent to get it online.

That is why I can empathize with Supra owners although I used the Flux.

I wish this post was the opening post.