Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[QoL] Improving The Lobby

Kontrollo

I've been hosting a few dedicated servers recently, and what often happens is that someone joins the lobby and immediately leaves after only a few seconds.

Spoiler

JgGccdi.jpg

For those who have never tried it, the above is was that looks like.

I'd wager the reason is that you really can't do much there but wait. In PvE, the game simply starts no matter what, and you can play without having to wait on anyone, even if the mission fills up to a full squad over time. It's a real disconnect in expectations there.

Here are a few ideas aside from a server browser, which has already been mentioned often enough.

The easy way:

• Allow people access to Region and Trading chat as well, so they can at least do something with their time instead of just waiting. Note: It's a good thing that Clan/Recruiting and Invite are already options. No changes there.

A bit more effort:

• Let us interact with Teshin:
    • Written tutorials -- the Conclave community has gathered a lot of information about things that are different from PvE. Would definitely be useful to newcomers.
    • Browse standing rewards
    • Komi against Teshin -- why not?
  • Emotes: Especially now with the Shawzin, people could practice that a bit.

Unlikely to be easily implemented, with how I understand the system works (the lobbies are integrated into the actual maps):

• Conclave Arsenal; change loadouts
  • Mini-Parkour room with target dummies, to warm up a bit
  • Other minigames: Wyrmius, Flappy Zephyr
  • Let us queue passively from the Orbiter as an alternative, with a popup to join a game when others are available (active/passive).

Other ideas?

Edited by Kontrollo
typing
  • Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
On 2019-09-10 at 5:56 PM, Kontrollo said:

I've been hosting a few dedicated servers recently, and what often happens is that someone joins the lobby and immediately leaves after only a few seconds.

Its taking quite a while to connect to lobbies these days. Maybe they canceled and searched+found a 2nd match while they were about to get connected to the 1rst. (Which would be yours then)

Edit: happened to me when e.g. I was too late for canceling the countdown last second and adjust some loadouts

Edited by Loxyen
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...