Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Eidolons time gate ... again

IMP_102

True story. I login today to do my daily grind in Warframe, wanted to do a tridolon. And surprise, surprise one and a half hours till night. I just don't undersatnd why I have to schedule my life and playing time around 100 minute timer? Can we please have this as any other activity in the game available at all times.

[DE] do you seriously just don't care about people who have a life?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, IMP_102 said:

Can we please have this as any other activity in the game available at all times.

I don't know if you have noticed it, but timegating has been a trend the recent years.

Always being able to grind survivals or interceptions for primes, was replaced with the relic system, where you either play what DE gives you or you wait for the missiontype you really want to play.

Same goes for Arbitrations. Don't like Corpus defense? Well too bad, better wait an hour to have a chance of something else.

4 minutes ago, K4RN4 said:

I don't know if you have noticed it, but timegating has been a trend the recent years.

Always being able to grind survivals or interceptions for primes, was replaced with the relic system, where you either play what DE gives you or you wait for the missiontype you really want to play.

Same goes for Arbitrations. Don't like Corpus defense? Well too bad, better wait an hour to have a chance of something else.

I would disagree. While even if a mission type may not be my preference I can still play at any time. I'm not time gated out of the content. As for a trend, the reverse is true. Nightwave for example is godsend. I remember a while back I was hunting for a specific aura, and the timed alert system was just horrible to me. I would be sitting there at my job like 99% of normal people there, check the WF app and see the allert with the stuff I need and there is nothing I could do. And the grind for nitain before.....no the trend is definitelly not towards time gating.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JaycemeSwain said:

Should I tell the OP about aphothics, NW store and the new Nakak masks?

Were you playing at the time when there was no NW? When an alert with an item you needed poped up like 3 times a week for an hour at some absolutelly random time. NW store is one of the best things to happen in WF.

Nakak mask are cosmetics they don't affect my game play.

As for aphothics, yes the ones tied to the Earth's day night cycle are bad. (who am I kidding, the whole flower scanning thing is not particularly fun)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Because asking for it to become extremely more convenient and also asking for you to have endless access to the rewards is too much.

Oh I don't care about having endless access. If it is limited to like 5 tridolons a day, it's basically moot point for people with limited time.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, IMP_102 said:

I would disagree. While even if a mission type may not be my preference I can still play at any time. I'm not time gated out of the content. As for a trend, the reverse is true. Nightwave for example is godsend. I remember a while back I was hunting for a specific aura, and the timed alert system was just horrible to me. I would be sitting there at my job like 99% of normal people there, check the WF app and see the allert with the stuff I need and there is nothing I could do. And the grind for nitain before.....no the trend is definitelly not towards time gating.

Ok, i get your point on the mission types I mentioned, but I kinda disagree about nightwave. It's better than alerts, but is still presents me with a gate. If I have done all my nightwave mission, i have to wait for new ones. I can't really grind on (except the new thingy with invasions, but that wasn't there until recently)

Edited by K4RN4

50 minutes ago, IMP_102 said:

Were you playing at the time when there was no NW? When an alert with an item you needed poped up like 3 times a week for an hour at some absolutelly random time. NW store is one of the best things to happen in WF.

Nakak mask are cosmetics they don't affect my game play.

As for aphothics, yes the ones tied to the Earth's day night cycle are bad. (who am I kidding, the whole flower scanning thing is not particularly fun)

I played when we still worked on the old alert system so I get that. But I was talking on if you log on expecting x and x isn't in the store for the rotation.

Nakak masks work with your point where they are time gated and we all know that fashionframe is the true endgame.

Also if you want DE to change things, complain on twitter like that R3 conclave player did on the unimed usability with conclave. It seems like DE actually check there to listen to the really vocal minority

1 hour ago, JaycemeSwain said:

Also if you want DE to change things, complain on twitter like that R3 conclave player did on the unimed usability with conclave. It seems like DE actually check there to listen to the really vocal minority

Unless that player had a good point ofcourse. I mean if you care about PvP, having a feature itroduced that allows players to essentially bypass it, thus potentially nailing the last nail in the coffin for that game mode. I could see where that player might be comming from and why DE has reconsidered their initial choice. DE should ofcourse work on improving PvP if they intend to keep it in the game.

7 minutes ago, IMP_102 said:

Unless that player had a good point ofcourse. I mean if you care about PvP, having a feature itroduced that allows players to essentially bypass it, thus potentially nailing the last nail in the coffin for that game mode. I could see where that player might be comming from and why DE has reconsidered their initial choice. DE should ofcourse work on improving PvP if they intend to keep it in the game.

The player didn't have a point at all. Every of the other 4 conclave players said that unimed being usable for conclave would help the game. Only way to improve pvp since they intend for people to not use unimed is just remove it and put the rewards to the 3rd orb/turn the other pvp only augments to pve augments

4 hours ago, K4RN4 said:

The difference is he can still do arbitrations. He's saying he's completely locked out of eidolons for 100 minutes. It is a pretty bad game design to lock players out like that.

1 hour ago, JaycemeSwain said:

The player didn't have a point at all. 

Thats your opinion ofcourse, something that, it seems, is not shared by the devs. I personally don't care much for PvP in WF, I get my PvPing fix in games like world of warships and team fortress, but I do care about Warframe in general and want the game to be what it was from day one: a chill experience that you could play at your own leisure be it for half hour, hour or a whole day. And I would like not to be penalized for not being there on the dot for the start of the night in the planes of eidolon, because I chose to go to a gym that day. I appologize in advance for having a life.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IMP_102 said:

True story. I login today to do my daily grind in Warframe, wanted to do a tridolon. And surprise, surprise one and a half hours till night. I just don't undersatnd why I have to schedule my life and playing time around 100 minute timer? Can we please have this as any other activity in the game available at all times.

[DE] do you seriously just don't care about people who have a life?

Warframe revolves around either spending time or wasting time.
in relation to the topic
spending time killing eidolons
wasting time waiting for the next eidolon mission

off topic
arbitrations
you spend 30min but you extract because you are not the host and dont want the chance that you might lose everything if it doesnt migrate fully.
you waste time because you have to wait another 30min before you can start again
you waste even more time if the next mission is something annoying (interception, defection) so you waste another hour waiting for the next mission.

4 hours ago, IMP_102 said:

Oh I don't care about having endless access. If it is limited to like 5 tridolons a day, it's basically moot point for people with limited time.

you do realize how selfish this is?
so many people can do this in 1-2-3 45min runs, but you expect the game to revolve around YOUR play time?

send DE your list of demands and time schedule, so they can adjust the game accordingly.

------
there is a whole bunch of missions that i dont like and im not alone with those problems, there is countless complaints about things like this, that have not been attended to for over 3 years.
but i still see planets being redesigned, new cosmetics and new half thought through missions, that still contain unrectified bugs.

its up to you to decide if you have the time to waste or go do something productive either in RL or in another mission.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 5p33dy_01 said:

you do realize how selfish this is?
so many people can do this in 1-2-3 45min runs, but you expect the game to revolve around YOUR play time?

send DE your list of demands and time schedule, so they can adjust the game accordingly.

Way of point. I don't expect game to revolve around my playing time, I expect the content of the game to be available to me at whatevere the time I chose to play. As for having daily limit on hunts, having an unlimited access is fine for me. Either way I would say there is just as large group of people who wouldn't hit even that cap.

Login, do the sortie, do a hunt or two. Maybe run couple relics or an arbitration. Log out. Nothing wrong with that.

And remember: *You've been playing for an hour. Remember to take a break* and chill.

5 hours ago, IMP_102 said:

Way of point. I don't expect game to revolve around my playing time, I expect the content of the game to be available to me at whatevere the time I chose to play. As for having daily limit on hunts, having an unlimited access is fine for me. Either way I would say there is just as large group of people who wouldn't hit even that cap.

Login, do the sortie, do a hunt or two. Maybe run couple relics or an arbitration. Log out. Nothing wrong with that.

And remember: *You've been playing for an hour. Remember to take a break* and chill.

so this is just a stepping stone to complain about "Event Only" things, frames, mods, weapons or cosmetics?
those are all time gated from anything between 2 weeks to once a year.

i have already gone over how powerful arcanes are, in another topic with someone complaining about "time gate" and i think you just made this as a new post, to try make some kind of recognition, instead of just replying to that topic, which was on the FIRST page.

51 minutes ago, 5p33dy_01 said:

i have already gone over how powerful arcanes are, in another topic with someone complaining about "time gate" and i think you just made this as a new post, to try make some kind of recognition, instead of just replying to that topic, which was on the FIRST page.

The previous topic in my interpretation was centered about the elitism and toxicity arising from the time gating, mine has a different theme. A simple issue with convenience.

And I haven't seen much in your arguments that I would agree with and they are full of passive-aggressive thinly veiled personal attacks. Oh and I think you are just shamelessly self-promoting.

13 minutes ago, IMP_102 said:

The previous topic in my interpretation was centered about the elitism and toxicity arising from the time gating, mine has a different theme. A simple issue with convenience.

And I haven't seen much in your arguments that I would agree with and they are full of passive-aggressive thinly veiled personal attacks. Oh and I think you are just shamelessly self-promoting.

what i said was not personal attacks....but this is a personal attack "I think you are just shamelessly self-promoting."

from the guidelines

• "Constructive feedback, whether positive or negative, is about detailing what the situation is, and use details/personal experiences to explain your reasoning as well as include ways to improve it, in your own words." 

just because my feedback is not positive, does not make it wrong... just because you dont agree with what i have said, also does not make it wrong.
if you feel that i am attacking you by being negative, thats not my fault (everything has a positive and negative side) i am merely showing people the negative impacts on a larger scale than to what they personally want.
i used my own experience to explain the reason why the time gate should stay as it is.
i may not sugar coat my words, but that is because im more of someone who likes getting to the point without beating around the bush.

being able to farm eidolons all the time makes it boring faster, and i am sure other people would agree if they thought about it.
i am all for having complete access to being able to do eidolons any time, or just do only survival arbitrations, or do only survival relics, but you dont see me complaining about the games time gate, because i see the value in those things being the way they are.

if you want something to complain about, there is so many fundamental mechanical bugs that prevent enjoyment for a much larger player base.
e.g 1) bounties not resetting properly after host migration both in POE and OV, or doing repeated bounties without leaving OV that dont reset properly.
e.g 2) the enemy spawn system not functioning properly, enemies dont de-spawn and re-spawn, enemies constantly get stuck.

IMO, the community needs to make complaints towards the real problems in the game infrastructure, before making requests to modify minor aspects that wont resolve anything more than the ability to do eidolons more frequently.

no offense dude but use a webclock... https://clockofeidolon.com/ use that and adapt, the gamemode itself is properly done you basically work your time table around it just like everyone else, still 1 hour 30 mins? study 1 hour 30 mins, or go to the store, take a bath, order your room, take a nap and take that time out frmo sleeping time do usefull stuff and come back for teaming in time, and believe me i have hunted aprox more than 500 times and i can handle a job and living alone while having what i have, its doable

34 minutes ago, FaberXzio said:

no offense dude but use a webclock... https://clockofeidolon.com/ use that and adapt, the gamemode itself is properly done you basically work your time table around it just like everyone else, still 1 hour 30 mins? study 1 hour 30 mins, or go to the store, take a bath, order your room, take a nap and take that time out frmo sleeping time do usefull stuff and come back for teaming in time, and believe me i have hunted aprox more than 500 times and i can handle a job and living alone while having what i have, its doable

Nope, I refuse to schedule my personal life around a video game. What you are prepared to accept or can or can't do has little relevance on what I am prepared to accept. I find the situation not ok. Can you imagine a situation, where you are sitting watching a netflix show with a gf, and in a middle of an episode you pause it, leave your partner hanging a go play warframe because it is night in planes of eidolon. How ludicrous is that? Look if you are a lemming, be a lemming, that does not mean that the rest of us just have to put up with a crappy situation.

• Like 3

On 2019-09-10 at 10:07 AM, IMP_102 said:

This would actually create a greater supply and demand for things like Arcanes, and a Platinum sink for DE. It's a win-win for them.