Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DrakeWurrum

Nightwave Series 2 so far...

Back in July, I posted up my personal calculations for the math for Nightwave standing:

At the time, my math was based on the premise that the slated end for Nightwave was a soft September 13th. Well, that's in 3 days... but Nightwave isn't ending yet!  One of the recent changes to Nightwave included a little "Tips" box, which includes a message informing us that we will be notified of the series ending in our Orbiter's Alerts, a couple weeks in advance. Well, no notification yet, plus there's one last chapter for Nora to share.

My guess is, at minimum, that Nightwave S.2 won't end until next month - I'm thinking October 4th. But I'm just spit-balling - it could realistically go further! I just think it's pointless to drag it on for too much longer, personally.

If my guess ends up being correct, then the Nightwave standing cap moves from 435k to a whopping 565.5k. And this is WITHOUT adding in the fact that we can now get additional standing from Zealot spawns (originally 50 per pair, it's now 200 per trio, and I've seen them spawn more than once in a mission!) as well as Emissary Derelicts (which can be run multiple times, so long as there's still Invasion missions to do). Personally, I think the Emissary Derelicts should reward 7k or even a full 10k standing, instead of a measly little 1.5k, so they can reasonably alleviate some of the grind at this later stage of the series. (they just don't feel worth it at such a low number)

Among the changes recently, as well, in a hotfix not too long ago:

Catch-up Acts will now appear once you have less than 3 current-weekly Acts left to complete, as opposed to only appearing once you’ve completed the whole current week.

It's now easier than ever to get all the way to 30, and beyond! It's extremely nice that I can now just skip the Acts I truly despise, and still get the Recovery Acts showing up. I'm at rank 37 myself. Hell, I didn't even bother with last week's. All I get is Cred, and Cred Offerings aren't particularly enticing. I'll probably go way further, I just don't really care to.

I mostly log in for Nightwave when I'm bored and have nothing better to do. That's the way I've been doing it for months now, as I have other games to play.

--

As I haven't really been lurking the forums too often, I'd like to ask: Are you still complaining about Nightwave? About the grind being too demanding for you? Being too time-consuming? Have you reached rank 30, or are you struggling to do so? Do the Zealot spawns and Emissary Derelicts help alleviate that stress some?

Are there specific Acts that you still just LOATHE ENTIRELY?

I personally hate the Silver Grove one. None of the others bother me half as much as that one. It's not hard, it's just... such a chore. I want to be done with that quest, but Nightwave keeps sending me back. There are other Acts that I can't stand, but that one bothers me the most.

The Ayatan one is annoying, because I want to turn in my Ayatans for standing, because I actually need the Endo atm, but now instead I hoard unsocketed sculptures... just in case.

--

Obviously Nightwave could still stand to be improved, but I like how far it's come along, and I hope they continue to include mechanics like the Emissary Derelict in future Nightwave series.

1 minute ago, WoodedSkate89 said:

My experience with nightwave is:

Fulfilling grinding with good rewards till rank 30.

Useless grinding after rank 30.

Yeah, I'm wishing Cred Offerings had a liiiiittle more for the veteran players...

I can understand why they put this " Catch-up Acts will now appear once you have less than 3 current-weekly Acts left to complete, as opposed to only appearing once you’ve completed the whole current week. " Change. If people have not completed TSD to have Lua Unlocked and had both Halls of Ascencion (Lua) and Fear the Reaper (Kuva) in the same week, they would have never been able to get the previous weeks. So I say this was made with those players in mind. But I have to wonder on Profit Taker...

That aside, asking for acts that people hate... dood... this will not end well...

10 minutes ago, DrakeWurrum said:

Yeah, I'm wishing Cred Offerings had a liiiiittle more for the veteran players...

It wont ever have. NW is a substitution for Alerts and Mission "challenges" (You know: Hack 1 panel), this will never cater to "veterans", so lets get that thing out of your head.

The Creds after the rank 30? They said 15 creds is not enough, but then comes the 1500 standing missions and 200 standing Zealots. 15 its not much? Its not. But when you are a player accumulating points...

Its like going in trade chat and refusing those people wanting mods for 10-15p. Use your trades on those guys, you will have 200-300p if you are MR20 at least. Be like a chicken and eat bit by bit to fill the belly.

15 minutes ago, WoodedSkate89 said:

exactly, last night i got the emissary suit, okay so now what to do....  im only going on to play if i have nothen else to do or to get the daliy tribute. 

18 minutes ago, DrakeWurrum said:

I agree. also can we please lower the cost for potatoes 75 creds is a bit much, 50 creds is a little more reasonable. 

my personal experience was to reach rank 30 in a week (very intensive rep farming) then go play something else, i have nothing else to do in warframe, and honesty im burned out on it

right now im playing xenoblades 1 with improved textures, man this game is fun, its like wow, but single-player XD

1 hour ago, Toppien said:

my personal experience was to reach rank 30 in a week (very intensive rep farming) then go play something else, i have nothing else to do in warframe, and honesty im burned out on it

Same. Waiting for new Christmas update

1 hour ago, Kaotyke said:

I can understand why they put this " Catch-up Acts will now appear once you have less than 3 current-weekly Acts left to complete, as opposed to only appearing once you’ve completed the whole current week. " Change. If people have not completed TSD to have Lua Unlocked and had both Halls of Ascencion (Lua) and Fear the Reaper (Kuva) in the same week, they would have never been able to get the previous weeks. So I say this was made with those players in mind.

And because of bugged acts that can't be completed and freeze on your NW screen. Don't forget those.

Dunno, I always take a stroll everywhere so I happen to have lots of supplies for any NW tasks for silver grove and ayatan

I enjoy walking on missions without any reason though so two birds with one stone

2 hours ago, DrakeWurrum said:

My guess is, at minimum, that Nightwave S.2 won't end until next month - I'm thinking October 4th.

World tacker has it as Sept 29th

18 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

I don't really bother with NW.

I just want that damn suit. I'm willing to spend plat on it, but noooooo...

The presence of untradeable, in game rewards that can only be acquired by grinding is a key counterargument against the P2W argument that gets thrown around whenever something shows up on the plat store that people don't like,

Let them have the Nightwave things. 

2 hours ago, killerKronos23 said:

I agree. also can we please lower the cost for potatoes 75 creds is a bit much, 50 creds is a little more reasonable. 

Honestly, it wouldn't be so bad if more Cred was offered in the first 30 ranks. I feel like 15 Cred should be earned at EVERY rank up, and the rank rewards should always be something more - potatoes, forma, unique cosmetics, augments, etc etc. When a rank up reward is Cred, it's boring, but we also never get enough to begin with.

13 minutes ago, Zelmen said:

World tacker has it as Sept 29th

I have yet to see anything announced, but I may have missed it. I guess ending on a Sunday makes more sense.

2 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

It wont ever have. NW is a substitution for Alerts and Mission "challenges" (You know: Hack 1 panel), this will never cater to "veterans", so lets get that thing out of your head.

I fully understand what it's replacing.

That doesn't mean that it shouldn't have anything that veterans will care about.

Adding in the two potatoes was a good start. They should also add Lens (if you have done certain quests) and Exilus Adapter BPs. Not really "veteran" but still something useful for "higher up" players. They could even add in rotating options like Relic/Mod packs, or the occasional offering from Baro's inventory.

There's plenty that could be added that more advanced players would like to spend Cred on, and there's no reason NOT to incentivize the older players who've been through more of the game.

Keep in mind that Nightwave's design doesn't really work out that great for newer players, but more... intermediate players. That's been my experience on my newbie Nintenno account that I play on the side, anyways.

2 minutes ago, DrakeWurrum said:

I have yet to see anything announced, but I may have missed it. I guess ending on a Sunday makes more sense.

Was only announced it will be extended. The date is from the DE provided world state of everything in the game. Sites like this one (https://axhx.net/warframe-tracker/) are built off that information.

I don´t like the whole battle pass system. It still feels like work. Having 3-5 Missions in a row to get something specific, no problem. But weeks of fulfilling things you don´t like to do to earn (!)  something like Umbra Forma is not motivating. I was playing since February this year and almost every day. I am taking a break now. At least.

If you want people to play a lot and on a regular basis, just give them bonus items for time played, xp, or logins/month so they can do what they want in the game. And go back to alerts, so you can get everything without it (sure you have to be lucky sometimes, but those are happy moments - not this endless "I have to, I have to...").

17 minutes ago, Birk.Borkason said:

I don´t like the whole battle pass system. It still feels like work. Having 3-5 Missions in a row to get something specific, no problem. But weeks of fulfilling things you don´t like to do to earn (!)  something like Umbra Forma is not motivating. I was playing since February this year and almost every day. I am taking a break now. At least.

If you want people to play a lot and on a regular basis, just give them bonus items for time played, xp, or logins/month so they can do what they want in the game. And go back to alerts, so you can get everything without it (sure you have to be lucky sometimes, but those are happy moments - not this endless "I have to, I have to...").

Except... Most of the things are optional. Like, i don't have fortuna's quest finished, yet i skip the challenges regarding orb vallis. I also skip the index one, despite having it unlocked.

Also, going back to alerts would mean going back to being bored, waiting for an alert (that becomes useless after reaching something more worth) that may be on a planet that you didn't unlock, and waiting for vauban's parts to show, realizing that it's also timed. Sorry, i prefer Nightwave over the alerts. At least you can find Vauban's parts in the cred offerings of NW.

I skip all the fish and drilling stuff, sure.

But why do we have to do specific nonsense, when all this is just an instrument to make people play more and on a regular basis ? You could get Vauban e.g. after a certain amount of xp/month or hours played/month so players can decide what they really want to do in their playtime.

The store is too expensive, that's my only complaint. 

75 creds for a potato?  That's a weeks worth of creds once you hit rank 30, five tiers you have to rank up to get that.  50 creds for 10k kuva?  With a booster it takes approx half an hour to get that amount.  

For every item in the store you're better off spending your time opening relics and selling the parts for plat so you can just buy them from the market.  A potato is 20 plat, that's just two trades of prime junk to get enough with change left over.  That's about an hour of opening relics.

Either half the cost or double the amount you earn.  That way players will not only want to get to rank 30 but would also want to prestige as it's now worth it to keep playing.

Yeah, Nightwave has plenty of problems. But being too hard isn't one of them.

I managed to get to rank 30 this week almost entirely by accident. I never specifically went out of my way to do any challenges. I just did whatever ones happened to line up with whatever I actually wanted to do at the time. I feel like I skipped more than half of them, too. And I almost never did any of the elite weeklies.

This really shows just how little Nightwave added to the game beyond a shiny new carrot on a stick. And even then, its so non-engaging that the carrot basically just falls right into your mouth. I really hope they do more actual mission based stuff like the Zealot Derelicts in future seasons. I do hope they offer more standing next time, though. Doing four whole missions for ~1/6 of a rank is not exactly an efficient use of time.

as stated b4 in various threads nw is grind. you do some task to recive points from which you buy some s***t from offerings. no cavat codes, no new alt helms for recently released frames (for god sake at least put it in offerings rotation when you release update). 

they stated de grindification for nw, guess they suffered some amnesty for use 3 forma task for instance. and play at least 30 weeks for 2 umbra forma, receive 1 energize and grace arcane thus troll us and fck up their cost at market 550;250 and now 170p for energize (clap clap de very good job).

seriously now, rewards are not that good it is decent but not good, not 15weeks+ of play good. I did suggested few times so far how this can be improved so I wont repeat myself.

so let us be constructive and make some proposals how to make it a bit batter. we can always do 2-3 week mini nw series and test it out

On 2019-09-13 at 7:14 AM, Birk.Borkason said:

It's simultaneously not motivating, with rewards you don't like to earn... while feeling like work, because you "have to" do it? Why do you have to?

If you don't want to earn the rewards, then don't do Nightwave. I know that's not the best solution, when what you're really saying is "Give us better rewards from it"

But Nightwave isn't meant to be something you really HAVE to go out of your way to do. With the exception of some really annoying ones (Silver Grove Specters, or the Index challenge for not letting them score), you can get Nightwave Acts done really easy just... playing the game normally. Or else it's just incentive to do THAT mission over there, instead of farming Hydron - again. Worst case scenario, you're running a Sabotage mission to find all caches, when it's something you don't regularly do. It's a nice change of pace to have a reason to do something other than your usual grind.

Nightwave actually did give me incentive to log in for the past few months. Once I hit 30, I stopped logging in regularly, because I got all the rewards. Some weeks, I don't bother to log in anymore. I simply don't have much content left to do that I care to do. I have other games to play that are more fun.

So while I was working towards that Emissary Suit, I had a reason to log in. It gave me a purpose for logging in to Warframe. Now, I figure I should at least stock up Cred so I can get a bunch of potatoes, or even Wolf Beacons. So I've been putting in a couple hours of "Well, I've got something to do I guess"

--

I will agree with you on this much: I think that individual Acts need to give real rewards, instead of just Standing. This might give people that sense of fulfillment that is otherwise lacking. When all you're doing is completing challenges to gain points to eventually get the rewards you want - Yeah, that's a grind, and it will feel like a grind.

If individual Acts gave us rewards we can care about, and if the Nightwave Cred could be used to buy things we can care about, it would feel like much less of a chore.

The other side of the coin, of course, is the FOMO. A lot of people seem to feel like they HAVE to do Nightwave, or else they miss out, and later on they may regret not participating.
So maybe DE needs to offer some way to "replay" through a Nightwave series. Like maybe you can use Cred to buy an item that "activates" an old series, for specifically you, like a recording. (Otherwise they'll need to annoy those of us who did it already with an "event" where an old story comes back)

On 2019-09-10 at 5:40 PM, WoodedSkate89 said:

100% this

i enjoy nightwave but once i hit rank 30, i stop caring and only do tasks passively. if they had mini-rewards like credit caches, endo packs, potatoes, forma packs or weapon/warframe slots every 5 ranks or so past 30 instead of 15 credits on loop then i'd stay engaged in NW

I have always criticized NW and always asked for the alerts to return. But I must acknowledge that with NW I was able to kind of learn some things I didn't like about k-drives and conservation in fortune. I ended up learning these two things but that doesn't mean I like them. I think these are two very useless things to the game itself. And I only did to earn mastery points gained by using these k-drives. NW served as a kind of stimulus to learn things we didn't like ...

But I still have the thought and the conviction that the alerts should go back to their original model and that they can perfectly co-exist with the NW. It was a mistake for me to remove the contents of the alerts. Instead they should create new content for NW without mixing the old with the new and that's what they did. NW needs to be special and I like most of its challenges. The question is: Why remove something that pleases different player profiles? You should not remove things from the game, but keep them!

Alerts fill this void once rank 30 is reached in the NW. Alerts are random things and you shouldn't take the surprise effect out of the game itself .... it's something that attracts people to play and stay connected.

I love warframe (despite its flaws and wrong decisions like removing the alerts). They should think with more affection!

It's just so easy to complete, in my opinion too easy.

I'm currently rank 44 and still have all this week's challenges to do so I'll probably be rank 50 by next reset.  Given it looks like it may have another 2 weeks to go after that I've a good chance of hitting rank 60.

That's too much.  It means you only need to do half the challenges to get to 30.  The challenges are so easy you'd have to be making a conscious effort not to rank up to not hit 30 by the time it ends.  Kinda makes a mockery of exclusive rewards if there's no challenge involved.

I decided not to bother with S2 since it was pretty obvious we weren't going to be getting a decent update in the game for a long time. I'm at rank 14 or something. I find more and more of the challenges pointing me towards content I have no interest in playing.

So I've just not been playing the game much, just checking the forums to see if something new gets added.

Nightwave isn't hard and shouldn't be since it's a battle pass for all players. It's just very tedious.