DrakeWurrum

Nightwave Series 2 so far...

On 2019-09-17 at 5:59 PM, (PS4)Navalhabr said:

I want cool things to do, not the same old all the time.

On 2019-09-17 at 5:59 PM, (PS4)Navalhabr said:

I can just Ember 4 and leave the room on defense 20

I think I found your problem. DE never said you had to Ember 4 and leave the room. Do something different on your own terms.

On 2019-09-17 at 8:23 AM, Luciole77 said:

not your opinion. Respect others dude. You have your opinion...! I garantee 70% of community want alerts back!

I guarantee that it's more like 7%. And even that's a high estimate.

And this isn't a matter of respecting others. This is a matter of factually stating that Alerts were trash.

Alerts were never the heart of this game. The "heart" of a game isn't something that 90%+ of the playerbase ignores simply because they need nothing from it.

Edited by DrakeWurrum

My experience :

Tried to do the less annoying challenge in order to get rank 30, but still it was boring to do them cause i still had to go out of my regular path in order to do challenges.

Got tired of content drought, so i tried hard a bit to reach rank 30 so i dont have to bother with warframe till update

I didnt have fun for a second, i didnt feel rewarded for my "effort".

My thoughts :

Adding lot of cred at the earlier stages is the the best thing about s2. New players are able to buy a lot of stuff easily.

Reducing "endurance" run's length is also very good. Endurance should never be encouraged. This is a terrible game design.

Far easier than s1, far more standing wich is good and bad, good cause it should be accessible to new player without slowing them in their progression, bad cause of the content drought and it looks like they tried to expand the game a bit and now its just a step back after the s1 "failure". Instead of making it better, they just made it easier as usual (just look at what they did with open worlds to understand what i mean)

Still average, below average rewards (average being pretty pointless anyways) for a vet so its cause i dont have anything else to do that i do them. Some of these rewards might be ok tier for mid game players.

Devotee were a huge disappointment, from nearly a real boss to useless random revive bot... then another level 30 assassin squad... then the last nail on the coffin, the invasion thing for 1000ish standing 💩

Potatoes are still way too expensive... same for thoses useless weapons...

Again, the new augments are a joke

Again, there is still no reason to go beyond rank 30

Still better than random alerts

They still forgot to do something about blaze and hammer shot.

They still dont say that you dont need to do even half of the challenge in order to hit rank 30...

Im still wondering why they call that "challenges". This is just regular content, a lot are even doable in first planets so yeah... I guess its the same kind of reasoning as performance based rewards in disruption... Its all about giving the ilusion of accomplishment.

This is the same kind of bullS#&$ than daily loggins. Its just a tool to motivate players to play regularly, but fail at making it intersting...

Bonus :

People complaints are still amazing, when i see how much challenges i missed and still manage to get rank 30 easily. Seeing so much people whining about how much time consuming it is or how hard or gated content or w/e bullS#&$ make me feel very enthusiast about the future of warframe.

Edited by belanya
  • Like 1

I missed out on the first Nighwave series and came back to Warframe 3 weeks after series 2 started. I am glad they had catch up mechanics in place because some weeks I didn't like the group of acts I got and did maybe the daily only. Without the catch up mechanic I probably would not have gotten past the early 20's. I was going to suggest that rep start low for all activities the first week and ramp up as the event goes on but I think they should probably just keep it the way it is now.

On 2019-09-11 at 2:43 AM, DrakeWurrum said:

Yeah, I'm wishing Cred Offerings had a liiiiittle more for the veteran players...

The point of cred offerings was to remove the insane must be on for 4 nitain alerts or the chance to get that one alt helmet skin you want. I am noticing a distinct pattern with your posts of late and while I agree vets are definitely getting the short end isnt it up to us to provide ideas instead of these rather unhelpful responses? 

I would personally prefer the ability after level 30 of getting creds that would be useable for decoratives that I can donate to clan or use to flesh out my orbiter. This is something that would show a clans interest for example I would have used Wolf themed decos in my ice sections and then gone with Emissary themed ones for the 2 nooks I am currently planning on my dojos other floor.

This is a niche example but something far better then "I'm wishing Cred Offerings had a liiiitle more for the veteran players...".

12 hours ago, belanya said:

My experience :

Tried to do the less annoying challenge in order to get rank 30, but still it was boring to do them cause i still had to go out of my regular path in order to do challenges.

Got tired of content drought, so i tried hard a bit to reach rank 30 so i dont have to bother with warframe till update

I didnt have fun for a second, i didnt feel rewarded for my "effort".

My thoughts :

Adding lot of cred at the earlier stages is the the best thing about s2. New players are able to buy a lot of stuff easily.

Reducing "endurance" run's length is also very good. Endurance should never be encouraged. This is a terrible game design.

Far easier than s1, far more standing wich is good and bad, good cause it should be accessible to new player without slowing them in their progression, bad cause of the content drought and it looks like they tried to expand the game a bit and now its just a step back after the s1 "failure". Instead of making it better, they just made it easier as usual (just look at what they did with open worlds to understand what i mean)

Still average, below average rewards (average being pretty pointless anyways) for a vet so its cause i dont have anything else to do that i do them. Some of these rewards might be ok tier for mid game players.

Devotee were a huge disappointment, from nearly a real boss to useless random revive bot... then another level 30 assassin squad... then the last nail on the coffin, the invasion thing for 1000ish standing 💩

Potatoes are still way too expensive... same for thoses useless weapons...

Again, the new augments are a joke

Again, there is still no reason to go beyond rank 30

They still forgot to do something about blaze and hammer shot.

They still dont say that you dont need to do even half of the challenge in order to hit rank 30...

Im still wondering why they call that "challenges". This is just regular content, a lot are even doable in first planets so yeah... I guess its the same kind of reasoning as performance based rewards in disruption... Its all about giving the ilusion of accomplishment.

This is the same kind of bullS#&$ than daily loggins. Its just a tool to motivate players to play regularly, but fail at making it intersting...

Bonus :

People complaints are still amazing, when i see how much challenges i missed and still manage to get rank 30 easily. Seeing so much people whining about how much time consuming it is or how hard or gated content or w/e bullS#&$ make me feel very enthusiast about the future of warframe.

Going to say the vocal minority seems to be howling lately?

Instead of whining about rewards that arent intended to be easy or the lack of reward after level 30 or the usual "I am a veteran give me my content now" How about fielding ideas instead of just opinion and unhelpful rants? 

I want to point out the nightwave system replaced one far worse and I note you said still better then random alerts so one positive there but Uh where the heck is Blaze and Hammer Shot relevant to Nightwave and where the HELL did you get that we werent told you dont need to do X to hit rank 30? They told us in multiple devstreams it was never intended to be gating but still provide a direction some players need to progress and continue playing. I could link exactly which but I would suggest digging the devstreams and watching them yourself because there is some seriously bad misinformation and wilful ignorance that I am rather angry with right tnow.

Lastly if this was the same bs as daily logins why did they make catch up easier to access for people who might not be able to do the harder ones that prevented them from accessing that before? I get that is an argument for them pushing casual play but this isnt World of Warcraft Method raiding this is a 4 man co-op shooter that frankly avoided alot of tthe issues F2P games have had over the years and still manages to grow with new content on a yearly basis where some MMOs can't even do THAT on a subscription model.

EDIT

Regarding the amount of standing gained frankly its fine and uh I would suggest yet again you check the devstreams as they are always modifying how this sort of content works A) Fortuna was vastly improved over Plains at launch in terms of content and access through NPCs such as Ticker B) S1 was LOADS more problematic compared to S2 and the season hasnt even ended yet. 

Chillax on the rants people the game is free go relax and shoot some hoops and quit expecting the devs to bend to a small group that are only worried about themselves and ignoring the GLARING changes and differences that exist from when this game first entered EA to now. Frankly wish they would add a subscription model to weed out the clearly entitled.

Edited by (NSW)AethericDaeva
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Il y a 4 heures, (NSW)AethericDaeva a dit :

Going to say the vocal minority seems to be howling lately?

Instead of whining about rewards that arent intended to be easy or the lack of reward after level 30 or the usual "I am a veteran give me my content now" How about fielding ideas instead of just opinion and unhelpful rants? 

I want to point out the nightwave system replaced one far worse and I note you said still better then random alerts so one positive there but Uh where the heck is Blaze and Hammer Shot relevant to Nightwave and where the HELL did you get that we werent told you dont need to do X to hit rank 30? They told us in multiple devstreams it was never intended to be gating but still provide a direction some players need to progress and continue playing. I could link exactly which but I would suggest digging the devstreams and watching them yourself because there is some seriously bad misinformation and wilful ignorance that I am rather angry with right tnow.

Lastly if this was the same bs as daily logins why did they make catch up easier to access for people who might not be able to do the harder ones that prevented them from accessing that before? I get that is an argument for them pushing casual play but this isnt World of Warcraft Method raiding this is a 4 man co-op shooter that frankly avoided alot of tthe issues F2P games have had over the years and still manages to grow with new content on a yearly basis where some MMOs can't even do THAT on a subscription model.

EDIT

Regarding the amount of standing gained frankly its fine and uh I would suggest yet again you check the devstreams as they are always modifying how this sort of content works A) Fortuna was vastly improved over Plains at launch in terms of content and access through NPCs such as Ticker B) S1 was LOADS more problematic compared to S2 and the season hasnt even ended yet. 

Chillax on the rants people the game is free go relax and shoot some hoops and quit expecting the devs to bend to a small group that are only worried about themselves and ignoring the GLARING changes and differences that exist from when this game first entered EA to now. Frankly wish they would add a subscription model to weed out the clearly entitled.

Looks like you misunderstood most of my points. But i guess you are here to defend without any relevant argue ("the game is free") so ill move on.

Edited by belanya
  • Upvote 1

On 2019-09-19 at 6:50 PM, belanya said:

If there were the alerts still doubt that you would dispense a potato alert ... it is easy to condemn the alerts when you do not have them right? And now you keep complaining and still thinking that NW is a substitute .... they are different things. Alerts should never have been removed. NW is just a jumble of old stuff in a questionable way that holds everyone for a while ... the alerts were unpredictable and I guarantee many miss the alerts by random dynamics. Since NW has arrived the player population has only shrunk ...!

I'm about to quit playing Wraframe because of this Nightwave Events...
It's unacceptable that a game force you to play some mode that you hate it on top of that forcing you to do that regularily?..
Some players have lives, jobs, families...
So stop it DE or you will lose many many more player...

On 2019-09-20 at 5:32 AM, Hyroncore said:

The point of cred offerings was to remove the insane must be on for 4 nitain alerts or the chance to get that one alt helmet skin you want. I am noticing a distinct pattern with your posts of late and while I agree vets are definitely getting the short end isnt it up to us to provide ideas instead of these rather unhelpful responses? 

I would personally prefer the ability after level 30 of getting creds that would be useable for decoratives that I can donate to clan or use to flesh out my orbiter. This is something that would show a clans interest for example I would have used Wolf themed decos in my ice sections and then gone with Emissary themed ones for the 2 nooks I am currently planning on my dojos other floor.

This is a niche example but something far better then "I'm wishing Cred Offerings had a liiiitle more for the veteran players...".

Oh, I'm well aware of what the Cred Offerings was supposed to be. It's meant to provide what Alerts originally rewarded.

But you also notice they have tossed in some extra things here and there. It isn't really relevant what the original intent of it was - they could add on to what the Cred Offerings have cycling through their store without taking away from what it already does for the players. They could add on extra things into the store that are targeted towards veteran desires. The potatoes tossed in are a perfect example. Or how a couple weeks back, there was an option to buy 10k kuva. They could, say, toss in a Riven mod option that costs a large amount of Cred, or a relic pack, or a mod pack.

I'm saying that there is potential with the Cred Offerings where, if utilized correctly, there can be plenty of incentive for both new and old players to actually grind more Cred. If they don't work on that, then Nightwave Cred will be as useless to the playerbase as Alerts used to be.

On 2019-09-21 at 10:47 AM, Luciole77 said:

If there were the alerts still doubt that you would dispense a potato alert ... it is easy to condemn the alerts when you do not have them right? And now you keep complaining and still thinking that NW is a substitute .... they are different things. Alerts should never have been removed. NW is just a jumble of old stuff in a questionable way that holds everyone for a while ... the alerts were unpredictable and I guarantee many miss the alerts by random dynamics. Since NW has arrived the player population has only shrunk ...!

I'm sorry, but Nightwave will always be better than Alerts simply because you are not required to be online 24/7 to make sure you don't miss the Alerts you want. There are numerous people who specifically used the companion app to keep track of the exact moment a Nitain alert popped up so they could log in, do that Alert, and then log back out. And a lot of the time those alerts popped up, you were at work, or sleeping, or something else more important (ya know, actually living your life). It didn't help that the nature of Alerts meant they couldn't really add anything important to Alerts for worry of players missing out on the good stuff, so Alerts slowly became more and more useless the more you've played this game.

Nightwave allows you to get everything you previously got from Alerts on your own terms - or at least moreso than before.

On 2019-09-21 at 10:57 AM, TugraKHAN said:

I'm about to quit playing Wraframe because of this Nightwave Events...
It's unacceptable that a game force you to play some mode that you hate it on top of that forcing you to do that regularily?..
Some players have lives, jobs, families...
So stop it DE or you will lose many many more player...

Nobody is forcing you to play them. I actively skipped the Nightwave Acts that I was not interested in. I am now nearly rank 40, and here's the REALLY fun part: I haven't actually worked on Nightwave since I hit rank 30. Any further Nightwave Standing I got afterwards was purely accidental, and I now have about a month's worth of "recovery" Acts that I could blitz through if I suddenly decided I cared enough about hoarding potatoes. I could probably gain 10 ranks in a weekend afternoon with how much I've left undone now.

Nightwave's current design means you could have only done like HALF the things it asks you to do, and you'd probably still have a higher Nightwave rank than me.

Edited by DrakeWurrum

On 2019-09-19 at 8:58 PM, adek183 said:

Challenging not to fall asleep at best. Warframe is not really meant to be challenging since quite a long while and people need to accept it. If you want challenging things then first get rid of all the white knights in the community that effectively halt pretty much all progress that game can get.

I don't think it's the "white knight" that is used too much if someone disagrees with you, it's the community that can't accept having an enemy that actually being a threat or don't die in one shot.

Want challenge? I have a concept for it

• Upvote 1

On 2019-09-10 at 6:36 PM, DrakeWurrum said:

Are you still complaining about Nightwave? About the grind being too demanding for you? Being too time-consuming? Have you reached rank 30, or are you struggling to do so? Do the Zealot spawns and Emissary Derelicts help alleviate that stress some?

Are there specific Acts that you still just LOATHE ENTIRELY?

Thank you for this post!

I just hopped onto the forums real quick to see where everyone was at, and while I've not been visiting for sometime, I find it curious that I've seen fewer and fewer "OMFG I HATE NIGHTWAVE SO MUCH FU DE!!1!" posts, which is great.

Personally, I got a bit burnt out by Warframe of late - not sure whether it was Nightwave in particular, or just he game in general - so, I started playing less and less. I skipped maybe two or three weeks entirely, and some I skipped plenty of Elite Weekly Acts that just seemed like a boring grind to me. And I still got to level 30 with ease. And you know what? Now that this is done, I'm like "what am I supposed to do in Warframe?" Which is a bit of curse, but on the counterpoint also a blessing, cos it's making me brush off all old goals I have: ones that require more effort, such as making a Note on my phone going "farm this resource/that frame/that relic/this resource/etc. so that I can build this weapon/build that frame/sell for plat and buy that mod/etc." 

Tl;dr: just as with Nightwave Series 1, complaints around Series 2 were largely unwarranted and stem from entitled gamers that want everything for nothing. (Yes, I'm aware I've just riled a bunch of you up, but go on, change my mind, and prove me wrong with facts: getting to level 30 is piss.)

• Applause 1

On 2019-09-21 at 5:57 PM, TugraKHAN said:

It's unacceptable that a game force you to play some mode that you hate it on top of that forcing you to do that regularily?

You were forced to play Nightwave?

Tell us more.

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

^ this. 

also, I am largely ignoring the spews of bs that come out in regards to NW on this forum. reactions of my alliance, clan and community members tell me that people are having loads of fun. 

few toxic people will always be loudest. whether its YT content creators with clickbaity titles, or people who are restrained in their chairs and not fed until they play nightwave forcibly. 

• Applause 1

21 hours ago, (PS4)EyeGodZA said:

Personally, I got a bit burnt out by Warframe of late - not sure whether it was Nightwave in particular, or just he game in general - so, I started playing less and less.

I think, frankly, that it's the lack of content drops. We haven't had anything big since Fortuna, which was... well, it was a grind-fest for Standing, and a lot of people are sick of that grind. They tossed in some fun, but easy, boss fights since then, and one new game mode (which, admittedly, is surprisingly fun), but on top of that was Nightwave.

Warframe is, realistically, just one of those games where... once you have allthethings, you don't have a reason to log in. This is why many of us veterans so strongly crave and demand sustainable endgame, but... at this point, we have to accept that it's never gonna happen. This game is meant to be casual chillzone grind, so it's whatever.

17 hours ago, tzadquiel said:

few toxic people will always be loudest.

I just hope DE can look past the toxic Eximus units and see that players overall ARE satisfied with Nightwave and really only desire tweaks and improvements to the design.

• Applause 1

On 2019-10-01 at 9:24 AM, DrakeWurrum said:

I think, frankly, that it's the lack of content drops. We haven't had anything big since Fortuna, which was... well, it was a grind-fest for Standing, and a lot of people are sick of that grind. They tossed in some fun, but easy, boss fights since then, and one new game mode (which, admittedly, is surprisingly fun), but on top of that was Nightwave.

Warframe is, realistically, just one of those games where... once you have allthethings, you don't have a reason to log in. This is why many of us veterans so strongly crave and demand sustainable endgame, but... at this point, we have to accept that it's never gonna happen. This game is meant to be casual chillzone grind, so it's whatever.

Maybe I'll experience that at some point, but I still, most definitely, do not have allthethings, and it's gonna take some time still!

Only games I've played this year: Hitman 2 and Warframe, with a dash of Prey in between to play the Mooncrash DLC (that then spurred me on to replay the base game). I don't know if I should feel ashamed, or impressed that between DE and IOI no other devs have ever managed to accomplish this.

Posted (edited)

I just came back from a 2 months break and i left at rank 13. I grind my way to level 30 in 3 days using the new Ketchup catch up feature. kinda satisfied with the rewards but i dont think it i will be able to keep playing after i have done most of the contents ive missed during my break since theres barely any.

Edited by pinochle03
  • Applause 1

Posted (edited)
On 2019-09-30 at 10:24 AM, (PS4)EyeGodZA said:

You were forced to play Nightwave?

Tell us more.

Well it's rather basic, but if you want something that appears four times a day, and doing a single low level capture mission, or exterminate, or sabotage mission, well you have four chances a day to play a mission of your preference.

Now if you want those rewards, you have no choice but to grind mission requirements to level up in Nightwave to get the required credits to purchase said items.

Imagine the thickness of two planks.

Imagine if a company was a large bottom, how hard would it be to see if your head was up that bottom.

Now imagine the emphasis of someone believing the current Nightwave system was as simple for new players or casual players than alerts and does not force players choices in game.

Anyone care to remember just how many casual missions awarded Nitian, basic melee weapons or helmets.

Because I know for a fact I had and sold all those basic weapons, had more than enough Nitain, and had collected the majority of helmets, simply because every time an alert for something popped up I played a mission and got an instant reward. Oh and I usually chose only to do capture missions once that wow a new helmet factor wore off.

So by taking away random rewards for single mission random alerts and replacing those rewards with a fixed rotation store that requires a currency that can only be gained by grinding missions specifically stated, then your sort of forced to do that.

Or do without.

Was it too difficult to leave the alerts reward table with alerts?

I had no option but to grind Nightwave for the operator suit, oh, and i got a few more weapon skins.

But would have quite happily bought some of that Nightwave fluff with Platinum, which itself seems a bit useless at certain stages when the only items of interest are locked behind a grind.

Edit. I have every WF apart from Gauss, I have his chassis, thats it. Could buy him with plat, as plat and credits are items I am not short of.

What I am short of is time, if I am grinding Nightwave for Umbra forma and an operator suit, im not grinding Gauss.

Which leads me to dropping WF and playing something else, therefor spending money elsewhere.

Fun fact. My eldest got into WF because he watched me play beta, my other son and daughter got into WF because their big brother played it, and dad started playing again.

My lads are both in high school, my eldest pretty popular within a good group of friends who also got into WF, so that cascade effect netted quite a number of young players, and income, I know as I paid for a lot of what my lad requested. 

My three kids dont play anymore, their friends dont play anymore, their friends friends are not playing.

They got fed up, disillusioned, unhappy, bored, and simply stopped. They are gone. Possibly they will visit again in years to come, but DE did something to lose their interest.

My eldest was the biggest commited WF player I knew. Him and his friends on all the time. Now he laughs when I mention WF, mumbles about DE and the conversation is over.

A bit of a shame. But no different from many game communities.

Edited by SastusBulbas

Really good points you bring up there, and I can't argue re Nitain and potatoes at all; that should definitely be looked at.

Pity about your kids, but good on you for drawing them into what remains - in my view at least - a great game. Let's also consider, though, that most games do have a lifespan, so it's not unnatural for people to move on to something else or better.

However, aside from the fluff, as you describe it, the only place you can truly argue that you're forced to play NW is for the credits, and I'm rather confident that even playing casually will net a newcomer enough credits during a NW season to be able to stock up on Nitain and potatoes adequately. Yet, I concede that this is the strongest point of your argument.

Thankfully DE - at least in my limited experience and time with this game - do take player requests into consideration and adjust where or as needed insofar as - it seems to me - they're able or willing, within reason.

I quite enjoyed the last couple of evenings on Warframe. I took a bit of time off WF and had made up my mind that there was no way I would be able to reach the operator suit.

Pleasantly surprised with the infested missions and earning previous missions back.

Sadly I just cant seem to get my lads back into it. 

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, SastusBulbas said:

Anyone care to remember just how many casual missions awarded Nitian

Oh, you mean the Alert missions, which specifically happened at 4 specific times of the day, spread out over 24 hours, and could NOT be done at your leisure? Requiring you to log in every 6 hours like clockwork if you wanted Nitain, and you had no choice but to do the mission in question, or you didn't get that single Nitain drop?

Was it too difficult to leave the alerts reward table with alerts?

There's literally no good reason to do that. The missions being completely random means you would need to watch the companion app like a hawk if you were hunting down a specific aura mod, or weapon, or skin. Let alone Vauban. Alerts was an all around BAD system because it FORCED you to play the game like it was a second job in order to get what you wanted.

The worst part is, once you were done with all the Alert rewards, you had no reason to do them. None. You were done with them. I've literally ignored Alerts for years, outside Gift of the Lotus (which still happens). Nightwave actually gave me incentive to log in regularly. Alerts were just background noise.

requires a currency that can only be gained by grinding missions specifically stated, then your sort of forced to do that.

I had no option but to grind Nightwave for the operator suit

Don't be a drama queen. You can get from 0 to 30 in a single afternoon now with the catch-up mechanics.

Is it a grind? Obviously. It's Warframe. That's literally the entire game.

And the best part is, none of that is required. You want the operator suit, so you deem that it's required of you to do these tasks, but that's only if you want the operator suit. It's an optional, cosmetic, just-for-fun item that has zero impact on your ability to play the game. You don't need it. It's not required.

Anything that you desire that requires effort might make you feel that effort is required, but that's the concept of rewarding players for playing the game. What, you wanted DE to just hand it to you? Make it a 1% drop? What are you actually complaining about?

The operator suit is an easy goal to work towards, with a guaranteed path to getting it, and honestly it's easier than farming Nidus parts.

17 hours ago, (PS4)EyeGodZA said:

I'm rather confident that even playing casually will net a newcomer enough credits during a NW season to be able to stock up on Nitain and potatoes adequately.

^This is the truth right here. I have not actively worked at Nightwave in over a month now, and I'm over rank 40 at this point. I managed to ratch up several ranks just farming for the weapon from the boss.

Even when I did actively work at Nightwave, I would skip challenges I didn't care about, and there was a week or two where I just didn't care enough to log in and play... so I didn't. I took an extremely casual approach to Nightwave, and still got ALL of the rewards.

So it's your own damn fault if you didn't get to rank 30 by now. You've had about 3 months to do it, and you only needed about half that time frame. Literally all you had to do was play the game.

My eldest got into WF because he watched me play beta, my other son and daughter got into WF because their big brother played it, and dad started playing again.

My lads are both in high school, my eldest pretty popular within a good group of friends who also got into WF, so that cascade effect netted quite a number of young players, and income, I know as I paid for a lot of what my lad requested. 

My three kids dont play anymore, their friends dont play anymore, their friends friends are not playing.

They got fed up, disillusioned, unhappy, bored, and simply stopped. They are gone. Possibly they will visit again in years to come, but DE did something to lose their interest.

My eldest was the biggest commited WF player I knew. Him and his friends on all the time. Now he laughs when I mention WF, mumbles about DE and the conversation is over.

I don't think Nightwave can be attributed to players not playing anymore. It's an easy scapegoat, but it's really not the problem. The problem is content droughts. Every player reaches a point where they just feel there's nothing left to do.

Nightwave was put in to give players something to do, but it's obviously not content. Just something to keep us busy.

Edited by DrakeWurrum
  • Woah 1

Posted (edited)
On 2019-10-02 at 4:42 AM, (PS4)EyeGodZA said:

Maybe I'll experience that at some point, but I still, most definitely, do not have allthethings, and it's gonna take some time still!

Only games I've played this year: Hitman 2 and Warframe, with a dash of Prey in between to play the Mooncrash DLC (that then spurred me on to replay the base game). I don't know if I should feel ashamed, or impressed that between DE and IOI no other devs have ever managed to accomplish this.

Admittedly, it does take a LONG time to get allthethings. There's a lot of content in Warframe already. It's just us veteran types who've been through it all demanding more that claim there isn't any content, because... well, we always want more.

And of course, we'd love some challenging foe to throw all of our power fantasy at.

Edited by DrakeWurrum

Look, ultimately, for FTP game to have lasted this long and to not showing any signs of stopping... and evolving along the lines of Empyrean... and to have have broken into the mainstream like this... Damn, if that's not a testament to greatness, I don't know what is.

And, as with all other things great, there's simply no satisfying everyone. It really comes down to a simple axiom: games are supposed to be fun, and if you're not having fun, nobody is forcing you to play but you.

• Applause 1

Lol @ drama queen.

Sadly I lack the skill to complete the whole Nightwave season in an afternoon. With 12h shifts 5 days a week and three kids im being lazy.

Regardless,  two thick planks are what they are. If you need to obtain 300k standing to obtain a reward, you have to grind 300k. Makes it a grind, regardless of easy or hard.

Not bothered about that, did a lot of grinding in many games. Was I complaining? Well I said I had quit and took a break, resigned to not finishing Nightwave, but stated I was pleasantly surprised as the last couple of game sessions allowed me to complete rank 30 due to the catch up mechanics. 

From around 2/3 or 1/5 into Nightwave I felt that was great. But I chose to do Nightwave instead of playing for Gauss blueprints.

Might finish grinding for Gauss this weekend.

Season 2 is leaps and bounds better than season 1 for one simple reason: The Invasion-tied Derelict Missions.

I'm not sure on the math, but if I could have ignored ALL of Nora's arbitrary acts (she's the master of arbitrary, rewarding someone for something they do one moment, but if they do it when she doesn't care about it, no reward for you (Warframe's Seinfeld-Soup-Nazi  - no soup for you!)) IF I could ignore all of those acts, and just do Invasion/Derelict missions, I'd be happy to just run those themed missions for Nightwave standing. At lease that felt connected to why I'd get standing, and wasn't arbitrary at all.

Nora's honey-do list is still as annoying as ever, and hardly ever matches up with what I'm doing with my play time. I still feel I was more rewarded by Alerts than Nightwave will ever be able to compare to (I pity newbies starting without the benefit of Alerts). The cred store should remain as is, as a "work-for-points-over-time" goal oriented way to obtain those shop items, while alerts remain as the "hey, it's great that you're playing right now, because you have the opportunity to get this neat thing if you do this urgent mission!" randomly rewarding people who play. With even more changes to Alerts (like longer windows to claim/complete them - we're talking 6-12 hrs for resource bundles/credits, 24hrs for nitain, and up to 72 for reactors/catalysts, and larger reward bundles to offset fewer alerts) they'd be even more relevant and easy to catch, even for people who can't play all the time - especially if there were a way, in an app, on the website, as well as in the game, to "claim" an alert mission to complete at your leisure, even after it expires from the list.

Nora's acts make me feel like I'm playing the game wrong when I'm not doing what she says, but doing other stuff instead, when the very next week, she would have rewarded me two ranks worth of standing, easily... and I'm like... "Right... NOW you care about that?" Such a bad feeling.

22 hours ago, SastusBulbas said:

With 12h shifts 5 days a week and three kids im being lazy.

Lazy is right. I work a similar shift and have my own family to deal with. Still over rank 40. I didn't have to do it in an afternoon, though. *shrug*