Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why does it take ducats to rank up?

PatternistSlave

40 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Well.. seeing as (according to the last stats shown) conclave had what 1-2% at best of the player base that means there is a 98% of the playerbase who don't (we'll ignore the crossover players for simplicity)... so for every PvP person who says something there is 48-49 PvE people who could say something, assuming the same percentage of each playerbase comments...  so obviously there will be more people commenting against the change, it's a simple numbers thing.

You're just trying to deflect.

I've seen a variety of opinions about the Medallion from people who play Conclave. Yet you generalise as if they were speaking with one voice. Opinions from the people on the other side of the fence were much more homogeneous and posted a lot of comments with varying degrees of aggression. Example? "That one Twitter guy" even tried to have a discussion on Reddit. Just look at e.g. this reaction:

MqkGfSr.png

40 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Lets at least be honest...nobody came to this game to play PvE and only PvE... there are far far better games out there if all you want to do is PvP...

Statement: PvP players are forced into PvE for progression. Response: Whataboutism, and a hint at "play another game"? 🤔

Edited by Kontrollo
typo

3 minutes ago, Kontrollo said:

You're just trying to deflect.

I've seen a variety of opinions about the Medallion from people who play Conclave. Yet you generalise as if they were speaking with one voice. Opinions from the people on the other side of the fence  were much more homogeneous and posted a lot of comments with varying degrees of aggression. Example? "That one Twitter guy" even tried to have a discussion on Reddit. Just look at e.g. this reaction:

MqkGfSr.png

Statement: PvP players are forced into PvE for progresion. Response: Whataboutism, and a hint at "play another game"? 🤔

If you'd like to read earlier I've not condoned the 'death threats' etc that supposedly went about... the issue isn't worth that level of comment.

First off, I made a typo in the bit you quoted at the bottom, should be have been PvP not PvE... my bad, too many PvE and PvP's being written, but it is now fixed in original post. 

That wasn't what was written....  There is no hint towards going to play another game, I'm just stating facts.  Warframe is advertised as a PvE game, so you will come to game because of PvE not PvP and until you get in the game you don't even know there is a PvP mode (unless you do a LOT of research first).... and as much as people might want to argue, a PvP mode bolted onto a PvE game is never going to be as good as a PvP only game. 

19 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

If you'd like to read earlier I've not condoned the 'death threats' etc that supposedly went about... the issue isn't worth that level of comment.

First off, I made a typo in the bit you quoted at the bottom, should be have been PvP not PvE... my bad, too many PvE and PvP's being written, but it is now fixed in original post. 

I commend you on that, but what about the statement on homogeneity?

(Yes I saw, and understood you just fine.)

19 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

That wasn't what was written....  There is no hint towards going to play another game, I'm just stating facts.  Warframe is advertised as a PvE game, so you will come to game because of PvE not PvP and until you get in the game you don't even know there is a PvP mode (unless you do a LOT of research first).... and as much as people might want to argue, a PvP mode bolted onto a PvE game is never going to be as good as a PvP only game. 

Do you really think of all the millions of people who tried this game, there were none who wanted to play it for the PvP aspect? On r/gaming, the top upvoted thread of all time which is actual Warframe gameplay is still from the Conclave.

kZ0opT2.png

And there are also some cool montages with a lot of views on Youtube. This is probably the most well-known one:

Spoiler

Also, still doesn't really address the statement. If they decided to add the Syndicate at some point down the line -- and Steve said in his response "... only that forcing people into that for some cosmetics wasn't working ..." -- what do you propose should happen so PvP players aren't forced into PvE for content actually relevant to progression?

And how about adding weapons like to every other Syndicate?

Edited by Kontrollo
pic
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Kontrollo said:

Snip

Also, still doesn't really address the statement. If they decided to add the Syndicate at some point down the line -- and Steve said in his response "... only that forcing people into that for some cosmetics wasn't working ..." -- what do you propose should happen so PvP players aren't forced into PvE for content actually relevant to progression?

And how about adding weapons like to every other Syndicate?

Snip - honestly I don't take much notice of likes etc on reddit/youtube, have you seen the drivel that is highly rated on youtube....

You'll have to expand on your homogeneity question.

How would I fix the rewards/progression issue... pretty simple solution really (and I doubt I'm the first to suggest similar)... a big store for 'end game' and 'outlier' game modes where we can just 'buy' what we want as a reward.  It was first proposed with sorties, then we got it for plague star where it worked really well, then it was forgotten about and then a smaller version with it's own economy is being used with arbitrations.  

DE could easily combine conclave, arbitrations, eso, defection, demolition to give a standardised reward of x, they could then go the syndicate route like quills/little duck where you need to trade x for standing.   Many of us think the rewards in 'end game' PvE is pretty poor, from what I've seen some conclave players want more than just cosmetics.  Many of us don't play the 'end game' PvP because there is nothing worth getting

Include rewards like forma, aura forma, rivens, relics or relic packs, conclave and amalgam/peculiar mods, kuva etc... essentially one time and repeat rewards so we have a reason to go back.  Maybe even have really high priced 'plat items' like slots and the likes.  You get the idea.  Include a trade option for weapons, armor* and mods.

Conclave standing could be grandfathered in at their existing rank (sort of like the focus change), PvP players can level up via PvP, PvE can still level up via PvE if they prefer.  Might need a little balance around return versus time but simple enough idea to 'solve' multiple issues imo. 

* included armor but not syandanas because syandanas should imo be max rank item, ie you earned it, but armor well honestly I don't want to have to re-level 2 syndicates (I've levelled all 6) just to get some armor which was added later. 

2 hours ago, LSG501 said:

it's endo... without endo you can't level up said mods you can only use in conclave.... there is a lot of cross over with PvP for conclave but it's not ok to go the other way.

Well seeing as we can't use names (naming and shaming) and it was more than one how would you suggest I describe multiple players who play conclave....

If conclave players were so against the change why didn't your part of the community speak up more... if the majority of conclave players who had no issue had said that then they would have surely been more noticeable than the one or two who got noticed by DE.... or maybe (cynic in me) they kept quiet and figured they'd not get their hands dirty but could claim innocence later...

Well.. seeing as (according to the last stats shown) conclave had what 1-2% at best of the player base that means there is a 98% of the playerbase who don't (we'll ignore the crossover players for simplicity)... so for every PvP person who says something there is 48-49 PvE people who could say something, assuming the same percentage of each playerbase comments...  so obviously there will be more people commenting against the change, it's a simple numbers thing.

Lets at least be honest...nobody came to this game to play PvP and only PvP... there are far far better games out there if all you want to do is PvP...

edit: changed PvE to PvP in the bottom part of post, letter is in bold to highlight change.

I’m pretty sure most people don’t play PvP but ignoring them because they are the minority isn’t any better. You’re upset about this decision that DE made. And while I stand with it like a majority of the players before hand WE DIDNT care until dr said it was staying separate. Now that de made their decision it’s final. It’s not the first time that DE has went back on something they were going to implement. Look at the umbral crap as of recent. Look at DEs history in general. But you whining and vilifying a subsection of the community causes this aggression.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Snip - honestly I don't take much notice of likes etc on reddit/youtube, have you seen the drivel that is highly rated on youtube....

You'll have to expand on your homogeneity question.

How would I fix the rewards/progression issue... pretty simple solution really (and I doubt I'm the first to suggest similar)... a big store for 'end game' and 'outlier' game modes where we can just 'buy' what we want as a reward.  It was first proposed with sorties, then we got it for plague star where it worked really well, then it was forgotten about and then a smaller version with it's own economy is being used with arbitrations.  

DE could easily combine conclave, arbitrations, eso, defection, demolition to give a standardised reward of x, they could then go the syndicate route like quills/little duck where you need to trade x for standing.   Many of us think the rewards in 'end game' PvE is pretty poor, from what I've seen some conclave players want more than just cosmetics.  Many of us don't play the 'end game' PvP because there is nothing worth getting

Include rewards like forma, aura forma, rivens, relics or relic packs, conclave and amalgam/peculiar mods, kuva etc... essentially one time and repeat rewards so we have a reason to go back.  Maybe even have really high priced 'plat items' like slots and the likes.  You get the idea.  Include a trade option for weapons, armor* and mods.

Conclave standing could be grandfathered in at their existing rank (sort of like the focus change), PvP players can level up via PvP, PvE can still level up via PvE if they prefer.  Might need a little balance around return versus time but simple enough idea to 'solve' multiple issues imo. 

* included armor but not syandanas because syandanas should imo be max rank item, ie you earned it, but armor well honestly I don't want to have to re-level 2 syndicates (I've levelled all 6) just to get some armor which was added later. 

How about no. Keep it seperate as it should be and the aura forma and such exclusive to PvE content. It only has use in PvE anyway so why do you need the stuff to begin with? You just want to dive into the PvE pool while guarding your pool and not allowing PvE players into yours. Unless this system also applies to where PvE players can buy the conclave skins then I may be inclined to agree with it. But if that is not the case then absolutley not!

27 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

I’m pretty sure most people don’t play PvP but ignoring them because they are the minority isn’t any better. You’re upset about this decision that DE made. And while I stand with it like a majority of the players before hand WE DIDNT care until dr said it was staying separate. Now that de made their decision it’s final. It’s not the first time that DE has went back on something they were going to implement. Look at the umbral crap as of recent. Look at DEs history in general. But you whining and vilifying a subsection of the community causes this aggression.  

What umbral crap, they didn't add in an item which was universally panned by the players it was aimed at... unlike the universal medallion which most PvE players actually liked because it was originally intended to be used on ALL syndicates (hence the name).  Or are you on about the umbra forma which we can get one of every 3 or so months, in which case even PvE players have issue with that drop rate.

It's funny how you say it's our community that's whining when the entire change was instigated because of a conclave player whining to Steve on twitter.... the 'aggression' towards conclave players you keep referencing has basically been caused by a conclave player(s) and while I don't agree with everything being said I do agree with the general sentiment regarding the change being a bad one.

17 minutes ago, (XB1)Zweimander said:

How about no. Keep it seperate as it should be and the aura forma and such exclusive to PvE content. It only has use in PvE anyway so why do you need the stuff to begin with? You just want to dive into the PvE pool while guarding your pool and not allowing PvE players into yours. Unless this system also applies to where PvE players can buy the conclave skins then I may be inclined to agree with it. But if that is not the case then absolutley not!

Funny that seems like you're being more protective over the PvP rewards than me over the PvE rewards... but I have a feeling you might have actually misunderstood the idea. 

The idea is that the 'store' would include all the conclave stuff and the 'end game' stuff from disruption, eso, arbitrations, sorties etc (or that was my intent, maybe not as clear as needed), each game mode would reward x (no idea what to call it so x will do) which could be turned into standing (like with little duck/quills) and said standing can be used to buy anything that's in the store.  It would expand rewards for conclave players to include things like rivens, boosters etc and open up conclave rewards to PvE while still requiring effort to get them (not that the 1k medallions didn't require a lot of effort). 

Existing conclave standing would be 'grandfathered' over so you don't have to start over and would essentially get a leg up over PvE only players. 

14 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Funny that seems like you're being more protective over the PvP rewards than me over the PvE rewards... but I have a feeling you might have actually misunderstood the idea. 

The idea is that the 'store' would include all the conclave stuff and the 'end game' stuff from disruption, eso, arbitrations, sorties etc (or that was my intent, maybe not as clear as needed), each game mode would reward x (no idea what to call it so x will do) which could be turned into standing (like with little duck/quills) and said standing can be used to buy anything that's in the store.  It would expand rewards for conclave players to include things like rivens, boosters etc and open up conclave rewards to PvE while still requiring effort to get them (not that the 1k medallions didn't require a lot of effort). 

Existing conclave standing would be 'grandfathered' over so you don't have to start over and would essentially get a leg up over PvE only players. 

I guess I did misunderstand it. This is easily the fairest to both sides that I have seen any player suggested so far allowing every syndicate to get into all the reward pools equally. But the side of conclave that screech "JUST PLAY THE CONCLAVE WHILE GIVING US ALL YOUR GOOD REWARDS!" Would not be happy with a change like this. I honestly only defend the PvE stuff because they refuse to make it easier to get the conclave skins and mods another way to make it easier to get into for those even slightly interested in conclave. I would not be defensive at all and welcome PvP players to the stuff PvE if it went both ways with the exceptions of the syndicate syandanas like you mentioned. You made something I can actually agree with and that js not easy to do, now will it happen either way? Likely not, but good on you for making a sytstem that connects both sides equally instead of the conclave players that just want everything PvE offers without any give from their side...

Edited by (XB1)Zweimander

1 hour ago, LSG501 said:

... You'll have to expand on your homogeneity question. ...

I've seen a wide variety of opinions from people who have or had played Conclave. It was definitely much more differentiated than the other side. "... your part of the community has literally moaned because PvP players could get access ..." is not a fair characterisation.

It also doesn't help that we're (of course) a vast minority, and that especially on Reddit, more measured responses and threads (for example here and here) can simply get buried under the bandwagon (i.e. the downvotes). Just look through "that one Twitter guy's thread", he presented his opinions and stayed calm and respectful, imho. Now count the number of downvotes his responses got.

And let's not pretend there was already some kind of symmetry in rewards as statement like this one would like to imply:

6 hours ago, LSG501 said:

... conclave players seem perfectly fine being able to 'benefit' from PvE modes for PvP ...

And the kicker is that the devs are just upholding the status quo here, anyway, and the Universal Medallion isn't available in PvP, either.

1 hour ago, LSG501 said:

See now, that's a well thought-out post with suggestions, and I can fully get behind that. I wish I could upvote more than once.

P.S.: But good suggestions like this are one in a hundred, sadly. Instead we have a witch hunt and unhappy-to-angry people. Although in the end, the status quo didn't even change. And the original premise of this thread is simply a farce.

Edited by Kontrollo
fixing the quotes
  • Like 3

33 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

What umbral crap, they didn't add in an item which was universally panned by the players it was aimed at... unlike the universal medallion which most PvE players actually liked because it was originally intended to be used on ALL syndicates (hence the name).  Or are you on about the umbra forma which we can get one of every 3 or so months, in which case even PvE players have issue with that drop rate.

It's funny how you say it's our community that's whining when the entire change was instigated because of a conclave player whining to Steve on twitter.... the 'aggression' towards conclave players you keep referencing has basically been caused by a conclave player(s) and while I don't agree with everything being said I do agree with the general sentiment regarding the change being a bad one.

A conclave player on Twitter. Not a crap storm you and others have brought about because you can’t get the PvP rewards. Yes sir.... makes complete sense....

also it’s still universal just doesn’t apply to conclave so.... LOL I’m guessing they don’t want conclave to apply to it man.... tdlr get over it. You all love to defend des decisions (to no end may I add) unless it’s something you don’t like  and yet your still blaming everyone but de

• Like 2

1 hour ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

You all love to defend des decisions (to no end may I add) unless it’s something you don’t like  and yet your still blaming everyone but de

Actually I don't... I'll quite happily call out bad decisions and I've already called out DE on the change (in the update thread) and pointed out that the change now gives me zero reason to do disruption once I get gauss and the weapons (which I have now) seeing as I'm max rank in the other syndicates and have an overload of relics etc.

I don't even get what the problem is. Who cares if you need ducats to rank up? You're gonna need something to rank up with, right ? Just because the slightest bit of PvE resources are needed for/ acquired from conclave. It's just ducats man. I got a Forma blueprint from conclave recently. Is that a problem also ?

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Actually I don't... I'll quite happily call out bad decisions and I've already called out DE on the change (in the update thread) and pointed out that the change now gives me zero reason to do disruption once I get gauss and the weapons (which I have now) seeing as I'm max rank in the other syndicates and have an overload of relics etc.

What happened to you all playing for enjoyment? That’s what you tell us to do? And if your reason to play disruption is to farm a minuscule drop for minimum standing just for conclave.... just play conclave.. oh yeah I forgot you don’t want to play the mode that’s again accessible to everyone so it can’t be gatekeeping. Because of poor mechanics and people trashing conclave players... instead of complaining since there keeping um separate offer suggestions to make conclave fun and more playable for your part of the community 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

What happened to you all playing for enjoyment? That’s what you tell us to do? And if your reason to play disruption is to farm a minuscule drop for minimum standing just for conclave.... just play conclave.. oh yeah I forgot you don’t want to play the mode that’s again accessible to everyone so it can’t be gatekeeping. Because of poor mechanics and people trashing conclave players... instead of complaining since there keeping um separate offer suggestions to make conclave fun and more playable for your part of the community 

Because playing conclave in it's current form is anything but enjoyable for the majority of players in warframe... I love your selective issues with the game mode to try and make out we're the ones with the issue....

As much as I'm not a fan of disruption (it gets repetitive/predictable really quickly) I'd still rather do that than conclave...actually I'd rather do defection over conclave and well I haven't touched that since I got harrow shortly after release...

36 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Because playing conclave in it's current form is anything but enjoyable for the majority of players in warframe... I love your selective issues with the game mode to try and make out we're the ones with the issue....

As much as I'm not a fan of disruption (it gets repetitive/predictable really quickly) I'd still rather do that than conclave...actually I'd rather do defection over conclave and well I haven't touched that since I got harrow shortly after release...

You mean because everyone is lazy and unwilling to learn how to play. At the end of the say it's all aim and weapon choice. Tell me specifically what mechanically is wrong with conclave?

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Just as you’re being selective over the issue at hand choosing to generalize and vilify a section of the community. Just as you don’t like conclave at it’s current state and many don’t there are people that do. The warframe community dosent like the PvP aspect of the game because of how the game is centered it’s okay for that to be. But your constant vilification of these people that like the gamemode is absurd because you can’t get pvp standing Ina pve mode? Ridiculous 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, S.Dust said:

You mean because everyone is lazy and unwilling to learn how to play. At the end of the say it's all aim and weapon choice. Tell me specifically what mechanically is wrong with conclave?

Mechanically - for me personally bullet jumping doesn't suit PvP.  It's never been necessary in GOOD PvP games for mobility. 

And yes there is an issue with the way that matchmaking is linked to the 'value' of the weapon and warframe that you select.... which unless you're a conclave regular you won't know much about this. 

I also forget about the quality of hosting which can cause even more issues.

27 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Just as you’re being selective over the issue at hand choosing to generalize and vilify a section of the community. Just as you don’t like conclave at it’s current state and many don’t there are people that do. The warframe community dosent like the PvP aspect of the game because of how the game is centered it’s okay for that to be. But your constant vilification of these people that like the gamemode is absurd because you can’t get pvp standing Ina pve mode? Ridiculous 

LOL...um you really want to go with that argument, it's pretty clear that a far larger proportion of the gaming community do not like conclave compared with those that do... 

Also you might have forgotten this but it was a conclave player that caused your section of the community to be vilified when they went and complained about universal medallions being usable on conclave... so basically someone in your section of the community brought it about.

Edited by LSG501

26 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

matchmaking is linked to the 'value' of the weapon and warframe that you select

You can swap loadouts mid game or even while qued up so this is false.

matchmaking is linked to the 'value' of the weapon and warframe that you select

Seems like more of a warframe problem than a pvp problem since this game has always had hosting problems.

far larger proportion of the gaming community do not like conclave compared with those that do

Being in the majority doesn't mean you're right or that you have the right to ignore the minority. Just because most people don't like it doesn't mean anything they choose to say and do is justified.

conclave player that caused your section of the community to be vilified

And you're community is the one bullying us and yet some of you would call us toxic. He gave his opinion and you all somehow see at reasonable because you're in the majority to bully him and the other people who enjoy conclave.

Edited by S.Dust

9 minutes ago, S.Dust said:

And you're community is the one bullying us and yet some of you would call us toxic. He gave his opinion and you all somehow see at reasonable because you're in the majority to bully him and the other people who enjoy conclave.

If you think people giving their opinion is bullying then...

2 hours ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

offer suggestions to make conclave fun and more playable for your part of the community 

I have.  You didn't like my suggestion.  You decided having exclusive rewards was more important than having a community. 

11 minutes ago, S.Dust said:

you're community is the one bullying us

You decided alienating huge swaths of players was better than having the oh so pristine nature of your rewards jeopardized.

3 minutes ago, PatternistSlave said:

I have.  You didn't like my suggestion.  You decided having exclusive rewards was more important than having a community. 

You decided alienating huge swaths of players was better than having the oh so pristine nature of your rewards jeopardized.

The rewards again have not and never have been exclusive because everyone can still access this content. It’s your choice as a player to play said content.... while you have your freedom to do or not do the content required for said rewards is up to you and I respect that also respect that you aren’t going to get said rewards if you don’t do said content 

45 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Mechanically - for me personally bullet jumping doesn't suit PvP.  It's never been necessary in GOOD PvP games for mobility. 

And yes there is an issue with the way that matchmaking is linked to the 'value' of the weapon and warframe that you select.... which unless you're a conclave regular you won't know much about this. 

I also forget about the quality of hosting which can cause even more issues.

LOL...um you really want to go with that argument, it's pretty clear that a far larger proportion of the gaming community do not like conclave compared with those that do... 

Also you might have forgotten this but it was a conclave player that caused your section of the community to be vilified when they went and complained about universal medallions being usable on conclave... so basically someone in your section of the community brought it about.

So you basically blame one persons actions and decide to enclose everyone in said group that’s very mature

1 minute ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

The rewards again have not and never have been exclusive because everyone can still access this content. It’s your choice as a player to play said content.... while you have your freedom to do or not do the content required for said rewards is up to you and I respect that also respect that you aren’t going to get said rewards if you don’t do said content 

If you want PvP to be more integrated and accessible there are concessions that need to be made that you're unwilling to make.

3 minutes ago, PatternistSlave said:

If you want PvP to be more integrated and accessible there are concessions that need to be made that you're unwilling to make.

I’m all for more PvP modes rebalancing and revisiting the game mode as a whole but personally I don’t think UMs is a way to go for. Conclave standing. Look at D2 Terra even DCU or ESO to an extent all of which pretty much require you to do pve for PvP yet still house pvp exclusivities. And mind you. You’re not able to get these items anywhere else but pvp

you want and easier alternative route which doesn’t involve any sort or PvP aspect. I’m fine with racing or something gambit esque in favor of warframe. I even think a variant of gambit would do amazing for PvP in warframe. 

But a way to earn PvP standing without any PvP interaction to me is a cop out. 

The devs see it as that as well. 

Edited by (PS4)sweatshawp