Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why does it take ducats to rank up?

PatternistSlave

18 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

I’m all for more PvP modes rebalancing and revisiting the game mode as a whole but personally I don’t think UMs is a way to go for. Conclave standing. Look at D2 Terra even DCU or ESO to an extent all of which pretty much require you to do pve for PvP yet still house pvp exclusivities. And mind you. You’re not able to get these items anywhere else but pvp

you want and easier alternative route which doesn’t involve any sort or PvP aspect. I’m fine with racing or something gambit esque in favor of warframe. I even think a variant of gambit would do amazing for PvP in warframe. 

But a way to earn PvP standing without any PvP interaction to me is a cop out. 

The devs see it as that as well. 

Then until it happens special PvE resources like rare forma and whatnot should not be obtainable through conclave without interacting with the PvE. It works both ways and you need to accept that until the two modes meet in the middle and both sides get equal treatment neither side should get the goods the other offers! PvEvP is the way to make the integration but it doesnt seem to many conclave players would be happy with that even and they want to gate keep just like the guy on twitter. While at the same time wanting PvE stuff like they deserve it while we dont deserve the conclave goods. Doesnt sound fair when put that way to you does it... And if it does your sorely mistaken.

Edited by (XB1)Zweimander

3 minutes ago, (XB1)Zweimander said:

Then until it happens special PvE resources like rare forma and whatnot should not be obtainable through conclave without interacting with the PvE. It works both ways and you need to accept that until the two modes meet in the middle and both sides get equal treatment neither side should get the goods the other offers! PvEvP is the way to make the integration but it doesnt seem to many conclave players would be happy with that even and they want to gate keep just like the guy on twitter. While at the same time wanting PvE stuff like they deserve it while we dont deserve the conclave goods. Doesnt sound fair when put that way to you does it... And if it does your sorely mistaken.

So again you guys are claiming one. Person on Twitter influxes a massive change in des part... and with all the above games mentioned you have to grind PvE to engage in PvP content as well as use PvE items to engage in PvP. Currently in none of those games mentioned (correct me if I’m wrong) can you ever get PvP items through PvP but in many cases you can get pve items through pvp and no other community has this issue of where it feel as if they are being “gate-kept” warframes PvP puts you on equal playing grounds from the start so everyone can actually participate. Again it’s your choice to do so it if you don’t chose to you can’t get the PvP rewards it’s a simple thing going on 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Not really were just as regular as every other warframe player. But because someone kills you with the mk-1 Braton and ur spamming “OMG STAHP KILLING ME >:(“ dosent make us toxic 

hmm mk1-braton..... isn't that one of the tricks that allow experienced veterans to be paired up with newbies....

21 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

That’s what you all are constantly doing equating one persons post towards changes de made. So if I go on twitter and make a well thought out post they’ll bring back lor? 

Shame the original conclave poster didn't think things through first....but wait it's only PvE players that must do that....

4 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

hmm mk1-braton..... isn't that one of the tricks that allow experienced veterans to be paired up with newbies....

Shame the original conclave poster didn't think things through first....but wait it's only PvE players that must do that....

It’s no trick to it at all... goes to show how much to play conclave.... the Mk weapons are just viable for conclave......

and he did his post was respectful and it was just his opinion but continue to push only one person caused this change

4 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

It’s no trick to it at all... goes to show how much to play conclave.... the Mk weapons are just viable for conclave......

and he did his post was respectful and it was just his opinion but continue to push only one person caused this change

Not all of us are unaware of the quirks of conclave, even if we don't play it. 

You must be thinking of a different twitter post to the one I've seen then... the one I saw was pretty disrespectful to non conclave players imo.

1 minute ago, LSG501 said:

Not all of us are unaware of the quirks of conclave, even if we don't play it. 

You must be thinking of a different twitter post to the one I've seen then... the one I saw was pretty disrespectful to non conclave players imo.

It’s... no ... trick .... to ... it man the weapons Re just good in conclave.. equipping a mk1 weapon dosent Queue you with newbs it’s just a solid weapon. Personally I’d use that and banshee until i started using her and the hek /akkagaras in conclave 

and please link the tweet then maybe so

7 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

It’s... no ... trick .... to ... it man the weapons Re just good in conclave.. equipping a mk1 weapon dosent Queue you with newbs it’s just a solid weapon. Personally I’d use that and banshee until i started using her and the hek /akkagaras in conclave 

and please link the tweet then maybe so

Why do I need to link the tweet, it's pretty well known everywhere I've looked, it even got it's section in a youtube video...

On 2019-09-11 at 8:36 AM, LSG501 said:

It's fine though, removing the only reason for many of us to even bother with disruption isn't going to make us come to conclave, it will still remain a dead subsection of the game like usual....

THIS.

nothing short of plat is going to get people to play conclave.  Its an Island in the game that doesn't contribute anything meaningful to a player's overall progression. The only good rewards are cosmetics that are locked behind high tiers. 

The community has wanted other ways to access these cosmetics for a long time, and before someone says "oh but normal syndicates have cosmetics" their selection is very limited compared to conclave, some sigils, a stencil, and a syandana. compared to conclave's 2 armor sets, and over a dozen weapon skins

I wouldn't call this community outburst as coming from out of nowhere, its just that up until recently, the community had all but given up that there would be a change. Now DE has essentially pulled the rug out from under those people on a way to very slowly earn conclave at a snails pace AS well as deincentivised an entire gamemode. Aside from a few one time rewards (gauss, weapons, lua lens), there isn't a solid reason to play disruption once you have those rewards.

-relics can be obtained elsewhere, often at the same speed or faster with even more rewards 
-kuva farming is faster in both flood/siphons and survivals
-credits can be farmed faster elsewhere, and not just in the index (profit taker/dark sectors, which also give other rewards as well)

In short DE demoralized a large segment of the community who had long been hoping for something like this AND made a fun gamemode into something with little reason to return to. Regardless of personal opinion on whether medallions should work on PVP, this is what happened.

• Like 2

On 2019-09-12 at 3:49 PM, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

I’m all for more PvP modes rebalancing and revisiting the game mode as a whole

I see no evidence to support that.  For the first time in years DE did something to better integrate PvP and you've done nothing but make excuses to oppose it.

On 2019-09-12 at 3:49 PM, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

a way to earn PvP standing without any PvP interaction to me is a cop out. 

The topic of this thread is how interconnected PvP and PvE are already.  Either you want PvP better integrated or you don't.  Standing is the large encumbrance and reason a lot of players are too intimidated to even try it.

13 hours ago, PatternistSlave said:

I see no evidence to support that.  For the first time in years DE did something to better integrate PvP and you've done nothing but make excuses to oppose it.

The topic of this thread is how interconnected PvP and PvE are already.  Either you want PvP better integrated or you don't.  Standing is the large encumbrance and reason a lot of players are too intimidated to even try it.

Adding a way to earn standing outside of PvP isn’t revisiting PvP. In my personal op. I believe that it’s just not right. Please name. Another game that has done so. 

And of of course I want PvP better integrated but again I feel like UM isn’t the way. Either way you’re not going to play PvP. It’s just a way to earn standing. I’ve heard plenty of people say they’d rather grind for months then play PvP with the implementation of UM the argument that you want PvP better integrated is a cop out. Most of you still won’t touch PvP because you don’t enjoy it. If you didn’t enjoy it now how does UM change that. I’d be fine with UM if it was a catch up mechanic that required you to play x amount of PvP matches to use. Or if you’ve reached a certain level of standing. Let’s say t4 for conclave then I’d truly have no issues. But as it stands no. You’re presenting me with more excuses and fallacy’s as to why I’d want it more integrated without offering such integration. The mode is accessible to everyone. You can play it. Everyone has an option to play conclave. You can earn the rewards or don’t. It’s optional because nobody is locked away from it again. You don’t want integration you want a way to earn standing without playing the gamemode. Lobby for better more engaging pvp 

revists 

etc.

instead of this please

• Like 3

On 2019-09-16 at 4:18 AM, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Another game that has done so

It's extremely disingenuous to pretend PvE and PvP aren't far more closely linked in most every game that has both.  Yeah most of time it involves paying/grinding for better gear that can then be used in PvP to increase rewards.  Is that really what you want for Warframe?  A pay2win model like most games?

I feel like UM isn’t the way.

Because the rewards are more important to you than the community.  Yeah we've been over this.

If you didn’t enjoy it now how does UM change that

It encourages more to try it that might and there are lots of things that are enjoyable in smaller doses, but not in large quantities.  Try a spoonful of cinnamon sometime.

On 2019-09-22 at 3:54 AM, PatternistSlave said:

It's extremely disingenuous to pretend PvE and PvP aren't far more closely linked in most every game that has both.  Yeah most of time it involves paying/grinding for better gear that can then be used in PvP to increase rewards.  Is that really what you want for Warframe?  A pay2win model like most games?

If it were up to me... I'd make every single weapon and warframe available to use / unlock just for the conclave arsenal. As in, you don't have to have the weapon in PvE for you to be able to use it in PvP. Imagine having to spend 1000 hours in PvE just to get yourself some weapons you like to use in conclave. I think this is one of the reasons new players don't play conclave. They are locked to their starting warframe and weapons that they chose in the first little Vor quest where they don't know what they're doing in the first place. 

• Like 2

On 2019-09-22 at 7:34 PM, Rubbertubtub01 said:

If it were up to me... I'd make every single weapon and warframe available to use / unlock just for the conclave arsenal. As in, you don't have to have the weapon in PvE for you to be able to use it in PvP. Imagine having to spend 1000 hours in PvE just to get yourself some weapons you like to use in conclave. I think this is one of the reasons new players don't play conclave. They are locked to their starting warframe and weapons that they chose in the first little Vor quest where they don't know what they're doing in the first place. 

You're living in a fantasy world where the PvP of warframe is in any way comparable to the PvE.  Or to the scores of better PvP games.

On 2019-09-21 at 1:54 PM, PatternistSlave said:

Because the rewards are more important to you than the community.  Yeah we've been over this.

It encourages more to try it that might and there are lots of things that are enjoyable in smaller doses, but not in large quantities.  Try a spoonful of cinnamon sometime.

Name how conclave is p2w at all? Every starter weapon is used to this day in conclave and is almost preferred unless you have niche and a off the grid build lmk

I can say your disenfranchised towards your own community and toxic towards a section of your own community over cosmetics? Really imagine me getting mad at you for having a nice shirt you worked hard to buy. It’s from a really nice retailer and it cost a lot of money. Should I go to the store and say it’s no fair he can have this shirt and I can’t even though he prolly worked hard and used his own time to earn that money to buy it. Make it cheaper or give me a way to pay for the shirt without using regular money you guys accept NEOWWWWW REEEE” that’s how you sound 

“The rewards are more important then the community” - the community you’re speaking for is a toxic one if then. I don’t care about the rewards more then actual gameplay. But cosmetic awards that have no game changing effect locked behind an optional mode..... isn’t an issue. Me having them or not it’s completely fair that you can’t access them if you don’t want to play the mode . That’s on you. It’s okay to not like conclave and it’s okay you don’t get the rewards.

Um isn’t going to do anything but have people whine like they are now about how it dosent give enough standing for the amount of grind it is. If you didn’t like conclave before you’re not going to like it with UM working on it. I’ve seen people complain to no end about how “if the drop rate is so low give us more standing and make it drop more” “it’s no fair I’ve been grinding UMs and only got 4 I deserve more!!!!”

vs actually going to earn standing for said syndicate because they don’t want to. 

As I said UM isn’t going to remedy the missing standing or really be used as intended for a lot of people. A lot of people thought it was a way to earn standing for things they don’t like. And are disappointed in it. 

• Like 3

On 2019-09-29 at 12:45 PM, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Name how conclave is p2w at all?

Try reading my post again.  I never said it was.

I can say your disenfranchised towards your own community and toxic towards a section of your own community over cosmetics?

I would say the same about you and anyone else that decided cosmetics were more important than the community.

the community you’re speaking for is a toxic one if then.

Oh.  You agree.

If you didn’t like conclave before you’re not going to like it with UM working on it.

My primary issue with Conclave being a lack of players and the broken reward system that results, UMs would have at least helped alleviate.

Is that really what you want for Warframe?  A pay2win model like most games?

1 hour ago, PatternistSlave said:

Try reading my post again.  I never said it was.

“gear that can then be used in PvP to increase rewards.  Is that really what you want for Warframe?  A pay2win model like most games?“

Is that really what you want for Warframe?  A pay2win model like most games?

If you’re still about cosmetics that you still can readily go and get through a gamemode you can make a choice to play instead of playing the gamemode... lol.... it’s  teshins super exclusive nikana from his personal collection that has 50 status 50 crit and a 1.45 attack speed.

its cosmetics something that holds little significance to the community being that it doesn't affect gameplay. The fashion frame scene is still booming without these being readily accessible to all. And will continue.

the community is fine without having access to it and nobody is stopping you from getting them at all. 

Oh.  You agree

Yes that your this toxic part of the community!

My primary issue with Conclave being a lack of players and the broken reward system that results, UMs would have at least helped alleviate.

Then the solution would to be advocating for proper balancing and fixing of the gamemode NOT. Allowing said pvp rewards to be earned without PvP and again. If it was if the community was actively playing this pvp on top of standing being abysmal I’d understand UMs being used in conclave (to an extent maybe) but it’s not. Again look at people now with UMs implemented.

complaining that it dosent  give out as much standing and they shouldn’t be forced to do syndicate missions for it. People are demanding UMs drop more of the standing is increased.. LOL it’s not a remedy for missing standing it’s seen as  a way for people who don’t like doing something to try to get what they want then whine because of the drop rate 

Edited by (PS4)sweatshawp
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-10-02 at 7:23 AM, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Then the solution would to be advocating for proper balancing and fixing of the gamemode

Were lucky to get the minuscule improvement UMs would have been.  The next time DE touch Conclave it will probably be to remove it.

On 2019-10-02 at 7:23 AM, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

if the community was actively playing this pvp on top of standing being abysmal I’d understand UMs being used in conclave

UMs might have primed the pump and encouraged at least some to try the mode, but community clearly isn't your priority.

Oh and as for that first bit.  lrn2read.  Maybe quote me a few more times and you'll notice the question marks at the end of the sentences.

3 hours ago, PatternistSlave said:

Were lucky to get the minuscule improvement UMs would have been.  The next time DE touch Conclave it will probably be to remove it.

UMs might have primed the pump and encouraged at least some to try the mode, but community clearly isn't your priority.

Oh and as for that first bit.  lrn2read.  Maybe quote me a few more times and you'll notice the question marks at the end of the sentences.

How would it encourage them to play the mode when they could ignore it entirely with the medallions?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PatternistSlave said:

It’s not an improvement  to PvP its a time skip as shown by how the community is using it.

the community is complaining (not all but a good amount) have been complaining about not getting more because they don’t want to do said grind for syndicate (not just pvp)  so tell me how is that an improvement to the mode when a majority of you still aren’t going to play. As is said advocacy for making PvP more enjoyable is key.”giving players a way to skip progression and most of them choosing it is bad progression” 

You say the “community isn’t my priority” right  yet des final decision was to not include this method for gaining the standing from conclave. Warframe goes on. Only a select few of people are still bothered by this the community is fine and everything is okay. And if you’re advocating for skipping or advocating the removal of a gamemode instead of fixing it so more people can play it who’s is “prioritizing the community “ here

ive read your responses as well. Learn to read and understand the context of what your trying to argue about. Don’t carry on with me if your going to act like a child about this and if you are a child go play Minecraft kid ❤️

Edited by (PS4)sweatshawp
Kek
  • Like 2