Sign in to follow this  
Syq111

Spin to win

Whenever i see it, i feel like i participating in some dead-brain game like some mobile games. Can u finally do something about this thing like totally remove range modifier from rivens or cap overall bonus to 100%??

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Range bonuses are the wrong thing to target (personally I'd say if you'd change anything about how range bonus mods work, they should be a flat value increase so more melee weapon types are viable), the real main problem is Maiming Strike and its riven modifier counterpart.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, vaarnaaarne said:

Range bonuses are the wrong thing to target (personally I'd say if you'd change anything about how range bonus mods work, they should be a flat value increase so more melee weapon types are viable), the real main problem is Maiming Strike and its riven modifier counterpart.

so why not to remove it or totally change

@Syq111, one of the things that would happen is that when Melee 3.0 gets fully released (Only Wudong has it, apparently) is having slide spin gone... As in, gone for good.

All you have to do is to wait.

Edit: I'm still waiting, and its taking its time getting here. I just hope I don't grow roots and cobwebs while I'm waiting...

Edited by Uhkretor

1 minute ago, Uhkretor said:

@Syq111, one of the things that would happen is that when Melee 3.0 gets fully released (Only Wudong has it, apparently) is having slide spin gone... As in, gone for good.

All you have to do is to wait.

Well i am patient and tolerant man,but instead working on meele 3.0 adding tons of new content,instead fixing mess they create.I probably will keep solo play or something, And i just hope that this will be before i reach 40 years

Edited by Syq111

2 minutes ago, Syq111 said:

instead fixing mess they create

They did fix it, in several ways, but as you can clearly see, morons don't easily take hints.

... And so Melee 3.0 is born. Like the Kuva Leeches, there are weapons and they STILL can't take the hint... And so, Kuva Leeches are born.

Edit: Its like the Conclave... It was mixed with PvE content, people got so toxic it flooded the forum, and STILL they didn't take the hint then!

... And so the Conclave was born.

Edited by Uhkretor

I would love for that to disappear in melee 3.0.

• Applause 2
  • Upvote 2

21 hours ago, Syq111 said:

so why not to remove it or totally change

To quote Peter on what I hope for meme slide:

16 hours ago, Peter said:

I would love for that to disappear in melee 3.0.

Because there honestly is no salvaging it. Maiming Strike and its riven modifier counterpart should have been nuked within a week of Maiming Strike being added in the first place.

• Upvote 1

I don't use maining strike or rivens with that stats. But I do spin to win a lot. Because a lot of the stances don't have good enough combo to attack large cluster of enemies. Nor can you move forward while attacking without the lost of control. Now if DE gave spin attack a minimum slide distance while also make it very slow attack animation, it'll go away.

12 hours ago, (PS4)jaggerwanderer said:

I don't use maining strike or rivens with that stats. But I do spin to win a lot. Because a lot of the stances don't have good enough combo to attack large cluster of enemies. Nor can you move forward while attacking without the lost of control. Now if DE gave spin attack a minimum slide distance while also make it very slow attack animation, it'll go away.

Broken bull

On 2019-09-10 at 7:48 PM, Syq111 said:

Whenever i see it, i feel like i participating in some dead-brain game like some mobile games. Can u finally do something about this thing like totally remove range modifier from rivens or cap overall bonus to 100%??

i have a damage range riven for my twin krohkur

i use the riven in place of primed pressure point

i use primed reach as well

i can hit enemies without having to hug them but is still not even close to a polearm

overall it makes my twin krohkur a lot more comfortable to use 

twin krohkur is gonna get dumpstered anyways when the forsaken melee 3,0 will drop (gram and kripath rivens will probably just explode into pieces )

leave alone the range modifier from rivens, short range weapons do not deserve it

spin to win bullS#&$ exists because maiming strike exists and to nerf super high range you just need to nerf base range or give a range cap

One thing that could be done is just have the game display what the range of a melee weapon is. I'm fairly sure that would cause some serious re-evaluations real fast when it's apparent how many weapons are basically nonviable because they are indeed something you need to hug with and even if they had something like built-in finishers that simply will never compare to hitting hard, wide and far.

Flat bonuses to range is the next step, it's basically the best way to handle range modifiers for such a large variation as you can have in Warframe, % bonus for melee range would work only if ranges were re-adjusted to be more equal across the board.

On 2019-09-11 at 5:09 AM, (XB1)SixGunLove said:

And good riddance

... I imagined that with Crazy Earl's voice... Couldn't help myself...

16 hours ago, (PS4)jaggerwanderer said:

Choice of weapon matters... But when the weapon you choose isn't your kind of weapon, you have to compensate with agility... And by that, it isn't with "Spin to Win", obviously. Otherwise, it wouldn't be getting removed on Melee 3.0 system. Memeing Strike, and its Riven partner, were released as a "probing maneuver", to see how many would use that kind of move to assist with a kill, or to exploit it.

Apparently, only a very small minority actually uses slide attacks as an "assist on killing". The rest exploit it, and exploit it hard. I wouldn't be surprised if mods would get changed to have the same method of modding as Conclave mods... Example, +range/-attack speed, or vice-versa.

It should fly right out the window along with Condition Overload.

• Applause 1

i mostly use the spin attack on my crit polearm zaw as an "opener" strike the proceed to smack them around with combos. Occasionally if there are several clusters of weak enemies spread about (infested chargers or such) ill do multiple spin attacks to clear them out quickly.

that being said i use melee about 10% of the time compared to my primary/secondary. i play warframe for the gunplay not whack-a-mole-play

Edited by AnatharsWrath
spelling

On 2019-09-13 at 1:38 AM, Aldain said:

It should fly right out the window along with Condition Overload.

you should fly out of the window

Just now, Sharkgoblin said:

you should fly out of the window

I did that once, but the government caught me and I spent 14 days in a secret detainment facility, after they realized that I couldn't do it again they put a bag over my head, knocked me unconscious and dumped me at a bus station in the middle of the Arizona desert, I had to hitchhike home across 3 states and got some funny tales out of it, like the one time this trucker stopped by a tomato festival that was going on and got into a fight with a guy in a tomato costume, after that he got arrested and I had to find a new ride, turns out that there was a biker who was going my way who gave me a lift to Houston, after that I had to work at a ranch for a few days to make some money to Uber my way home, once I got back home everyone was wondering who I was, turns out that the Uber driver brought me to the wrong house so I had to walk the rest of the way back, so I guess what this whole story is trying to say is...

No.

4 hours ago, Aldain said:

I did that once, but the government caught me and I spent 14 days in a secret detainment facility, after they realized that I couldn't do it again they put a bag over my head, knocked me unconscious and dumped me at a bus station in the middle of the Arizona desert, I had to hitchhike home across 3 states and got some funny tales out of it, like the one time this trucker stopped by a tomato festival that was going on and got into a fight with a guy in a tomato costume, after that he got arrested and I had to find a new ride, turns out that there was a biker who was going my way who gave me a lift to Houston, after that I had to work at a ranch for a few days to make some money to Uber my way home, once I got back home everyone was wondering who I was, turns out that the Uber driver brought me to the wrong house so I had to walk the rest of the way back, so I guess what this whole story is trying to say is...

No.

wait a minute you are mr 8 with no clan, basic market weapons...

are you posting from a smurf?

do you even know what condition overload is

On 2019-09-12 at 2:24 PM, Uhkretor said:

... I imagined that with Crazy Earl's voice... Couldn't help myself...

Choice of weapon matters... But when the weapon you choose isn't your kind of weapon, you have to compensate with agility... And by that, it isn't with "Spin to Win", obviously. Otherwise, it wouldn't be getting removed on Melee 3.0 system. Memeing Strike, and its Riven partner, were released as a "probing maneuver", to see how many would use that kind of move to assist with a kill, or to exploit it.

Apparently, only a very small minority actually uses slide attacks as an "assist on killing". The rest exploit it, and exploit it hard. I wouldn't be surprised if mods would get changed to have the same method of modding as Conclave mods... Example, +range/-attack speed, or vice-versa.

The "assist maneuver" is exactly how I use spin attacks. By no means are they my primary attack but I will use them once in a while to cover some ground or reposition myself.

It's funny because I never really new about spin 2 win until I was in game a few times and saw these players flailing around the place with whips spamming Volt's speed buff. I came across a video about spin attacks and it took me a little bit of practice before I could do it. I ended up playing like that for a little bit because it was new but it quickly got boring. (I try to think of s2w players as somebody who just learned it and its new. It helps me from getting annoyed at them lol)

And then melee 2.9999997 came out and I was stoked. It wasn't until quick melee attacks were removed that I really got to know the stances for different weapon classes and their combos. And that has been a LOT of fun. (Wise Razor has to be one of the best stances in the game imo. I friggin love using the Tatsu)

So I am full of anticipation for melee 3.0. I'm thinking it's going to take melee to a whole new level of fun. 

2 hours ago, z3us32610 said:

It wasn't until quick melee attacks were removed

They weren't removed though.

Quick Melee simply use stances in their entirety... Even the "removed" combos that need the Aim command to be performed can be done through quick melee. I, however, am taking a negative impact. Not manually equipping the Melee weapon makes "holstering" stupid and senseless. Also, as fast as "quick melee" can be, I was actually faster and more precise with full manual control over it rather than a simple press of a button...