Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do you theorise DE will handle reaching MR30

Deshiel

Well, assuming DE doesn't basically scrap the current MR progression system for something else. I'm going to assume we get a sort of Prestige system. Basically you get deranked to 0 but now you have a constant passive affinity bonus and maybe some bragging rights cosmetics. 

From the games I've played, I'll equate it to what was in the Titanfall games. You have no PRACTICAL reason to regen and reset all your equipment progress. But bragging rights is bragging rights and "style over substance" is a core aspect of EVERY videogame in existence. 

But MR30 means you have mastered every single weapon. That means, upon the release of MR30, no more weapons will be released, basically marking the end of Warframe. That's something I've been thinking about a lot. DE will probably just increase mastery levels or have to revamp mastery as a whole -- an example could be making new weapons that don't contribute mastery by linking it to some story explanation. Maybe some alien type of weapons that are not considered mastery worthy or not accepted by the Tenno as actual weapons, that then have a different type of progression. This would lock ALL of these weapons to exclusively MR30 players, though, which would riot 90% of the fanbase who doesn't play the game just to master every specific weapon just for the sake of it (as not nearly everybody is a collector, and that is the collector gamer mentality). So what DE could also do with that is just simply have it exist alongside Mastery instead of being defined as a post-mastery system. Just a thought. Whatever comes up, I'm sure DE has been brainstorming and testing ideas since day 1.

Edited by (NSW)FlameDivinity

1 hour ago, Giantconch said:

Except I know a way to open this up to people who aren't MR30+ simply by adding a grindable item to the game that allows people who aren't MR30 to have the effect on their weapons, while not invalidating people who are MR30+ by having it be innately on their weapons.

People who want the effect without 3 years of weapon levelling can have it then, and people who have already ground out everything in the game can have it without grinding out this item.

So in other words, you would either have it given to you as a reward for one of the most monumental grinds in modern gaming. (I said one of, not the longest dont @ me)

Or you could get it by doing something else that wouldn't take anywhere near as much time? Then, what's the point of it being an mr30 reward? Why would I bother to get MR30 if I can get it faster some other way?

2 hours ago, ExcaliburUmbra said:

There’ll probably be some sort of post MR-30 progression that lets you obtain exclusive cosmetics or something.

That would great as long as Founders and Non-Founders are equal, and post MR 30 progression does not account for Excalibur, Skana, or Lato Prime.

Edited by Voltage

When you get the MR 30, the only real rewards for going to 31 would be void traces, possibly loadout slots, and standings cap increases.  So, we may be able to continue advancing in one of those directions to increase our limits.  We could also be open to lots of other rewards, but I don't think it will have a large impact on gameplay.  

As far as having level 40 or 80 capacity, I don't think it really matters. We're still limited by the mod slots, but having that extra capacity allows for more customization and less formas? I don't know. I haven't gotten the paracesis yet.

For those that say no reason to go past 16 I got to disegree with. Only reason I increase my master rank is to get more load outs and more caps I could care less if a weapon was MR 25 or MR 16. As even if they put in MR 25 weapons they can't buff it with 100% over a MR 16 weapon for that would be broke so they would be same stats just diffrent levels pretty much any ways.

8 hours ago, Deshiel said:

Since one could say that being mr30 no longer requires you to level your weapons any further since you will posses max upgrade points from r0

Given the way the MR points needed seem to increase with each level, I think we're still a pretty long time from seeing MR 30.  You'd still "need" to level weapons to apply Forma and a Focus Lens.  (And to get the Mastery points, though that seems like it may have little point unless they increase MR past that level.)  For Warframes at least you obviously still need to level up to fully unlock powers and to get their health and energy bonus to max.

Probably a defense mission.

First, Napalms, Bombards, Noxes and Manics.

Second, Techs, Isolator Bursas, Drover Bursas, Denial Bursas and Anti-Moas.

Third, Toxic Ancients, Ancient Healers, Ancient Disruptors, Brood Mothers and Juggernauts.

Fourth, Conculysts, Battalysts and Mimics.

Fifth, Corrupted eximus units and corrupted Captain Vor.