Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Martial arts for the operator form

(PSN)BarkuWolfen2687

7 minutes ago, (PS4)BarkuWolfen2687 said:

even though the tenno AKA The operators have void Powers has anyone ever thought about martial arts with the different schools like with the different focus schools should have different martial arts

Not me. What would this offer for gameplay? 

9 minutes ago, (PS4)BarkuWolfen2687 said:

even though the tenno AKA The operators have void Powers has anyone ever thought about martial arts with the different schools like with the different focus schools should have different martial arts

Proper martial arts would make the tenno feel closer to the gameplay of warframes and DE probably wants these to feel different. I would prefer just to have melee amps. For attacks quite simple attacks (jabs and simple slashes) sequences but these attacks send powerful shock waves to spread the effects of the amp and the focus school. For combos

The first combo chain teleports the player towards the closest enemy.

The second chain does some AOE cc and the

The third does something new related to the amp.

Visions may change, and according to DE's vision (Warframe's lore) Operators aren't nimble enough for it. They use void energy for their Operator abilities/beams/amps but their bodies are physically frail. In order to survive an encounter, they are supposed to deploy Warframes as they are built for all those things...

... Now for technical numbers, according to the Operator physical build... Imagine you going all martial arts on an enemy, 1on1, and the only damage you do is 1...

... Now imagine that, on a Grineer Lancer... 0 damage. So yeah, Martial Arts with an Operator will be~... enlightening.

Edit: "What about when Railjack comes out, with Duviri Paradox?" Why the martial arts when you have a horse?

Edited by Uhkretor

1 hour ago, Loza03 said:

Consider this:

We have super powers. We could probably pull an Avatar the Last Airbender and use martial arts to augment our standard abilities. Basically - bending.

Which is a great idea in the context of an Avatar game. Now apply the idea to Warframe and make the idea seem like it should be part of this universe.

4 hours ago, keikogi said:

Proper martial arts would make the tenno feel closer to the gameplay of warframes and DE probably wants these to feel different. I would prefer just to have melee amps. For attacks quite simple attacks (jabs and simple slashes) sequences but these attacks send powerful shock waves to spread the effects of the amp and the focus school. For combos

The first combo chain teleports the player towards the closest enemy.

The second chain does some AOE cc and the

The third does something new related to the amp.

I was thinking the same thing it would bring a new outlook and a new take on the game play when you play as your operator.

Some of the amps should look like weapons like a Bo staff, katanas or maybe something to do with fists but the combos are exactly spot on to what you just said plus being able to still use the void energy as well along with the powers I would love to see this happen

The more I think about it which five focus schools are close to today's martial arts?.

4 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Consider this:

We have super powers. We could probably pull an Avatar the Last Airbender and use martial arts to augment our standard abilities. Basically - bending.

I like the sound of that it's pretty interesting pretty cool.

Be kind of interesting to see it all five schools to have a void style martial arts type of bending of void energy

3 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

Visions may change, and according to DE's vision (Warframe's lore) Operators aren't nimble enough for it. They use void energy for their Operator abilities/beams/amps but their bodies are physically frail. In order to survive an encounter, they are supposed to deploy Warframes as they are built for all those things...

... Now for technical numbers, according to the Operator physical build... Imagine you going all martial arts on an enemy, 1on1, and the only damage you do is 1...

... Now imagine that, on a Grineer Lancer... 0 damage. So yeah, Martial Arts with an Operator will be~... enlightening.

Edit: "What about when Railjack comes out, with Duviri Paradox?" Why the martial arts when you have a horse?

Even so the little operators have tooken a lot of more hits and a lot of more damage when you pop out of your Warframe I think them learning how to do martial arts would be interesting to see and to get the chance to play I mean wouldn't you think it would be pretty interesting to both use martial arts and void Powers at the same time?

And to answer those two

Railjack would be pretty amazing if it had that function of martial arts training with the void Powers being trained by Tesshin along with the paradox when you're an adult and you lost your void Powers you would still fall back on martial arts plus having the horses would be AWESOME to have for a vehicle or a mount

• Like 1

6 hours ago, peterc3 said:

Which is a great idea in the context of an Avatar game. Now apply the idea to Warframe and make the idea seem like it should be part of this universe.

Obviously, not actual 1:1 bending, like manipulating the elements. But like focusing energy via martial arts to manifest different effects. Void energy.

• Like 1

void bending? How that can resemble a warframe? We all (interested players) sll want a expansion in combat, personally iI dont want to just use the regular wsrframe gear, something more great like this idea or melee amps would be nice, but how they can implement that? The melee button have beign tied to the void blast button for years and that ability is key for most school, maybe we can expect a school overhaul too...

5 hours ago, (PS4)BarkuWolfen2687 said:

And to answer those two

Railjack would be pretty amazing if it had that function of martial arts training with the void Powers being trained by Tesshin along with the paradox when you're an adult and you lost your void Powers you would still fall back on martial arts plus having the horses would be AWESOME to have for a vehicle or a mount

... You did see that it was just one question, and one answer to it as question, right? So, the only question you could answer from it was: v

9 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

Why the martial arts when you have a horse?

... I still say it doesn't fit...

But I also said that visions change, and DE devs are the ones that would change it. We may theorize how cool it may look, but if it has no place in Warframe then its nothing more than a thought exercise, because DE devs aren't going to implement it.

11 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

... You did see that it was just one question, and one answer to it as question, right? So, the only question you could answer from it was: v

... I still say it doesn't fit...

But I also said that visions change, and DE devs are the ones that would change it. We may theorize how cool it may look, but if it has no place in Warframe then its nothing more than a thought exercise, because DE devs aren't going to implement it.

I see your point lol it was late when I answered this LoL.

True the DE's have the controls on what to put in but it wouldn't hurt to theorize and imagine how it could work.

21 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Consider this:

That doesn’t really change my question. I am not familiar with your example, so maybe that is why. I just see very very limited use for martial arts when we can already kill things with an Amp. Unless DE will make it strong enough for enemies over level 100.

14 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Obviously, not actual 1:1 bending, like manipulating the elements. But like focusing energy via martial arts to manifest different effects. Void energy.

So, give us new Void abilities that require totally pointless ‘melee’ combos? I still fail to see how this would actually provide any gameplay benefit at all.

It might work in an Operator only PvP mode where we cannot use Amps. You know, eight operators having a fistfight or something. For adult operators, why do we need this if we can use the weapons we have modded to one hit kill high level enemies? It just seems like a pointless gimmick.

It would be nice if they gave the operators a major overhaul in both customization, combat, and mobility, but when it comes to the latter two...I can understand that they don't want the operators to become superior to the Warframes themselves either. ...but then again, the Sentient war is coming............................